Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists (6930 Views)

Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: So if they do they find out the truth?

Call it whatever you like. They don't just wanna find out.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Call it whatever you like. They don't just wanna find out.
oo..they dont? What do you think?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
We are all going to account for every idle word we utter. For those who claim that hell is a threat to them, well...GET USE TO IT BECAUSE IT IS REAL!

If it scares you, then do well to avoid going there! http://heavenandhellstories..com/2012/04/seeing-hell-before-death.html
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

I am not asking anyone to be perfect. Jesus came to save us? Really? What about the slave trading during Jesus' time? Did he save the slaves from bondage? What about the sick in Africa? Why was he only healing people in the middle east? He couldnt have postponed his suicide (since he knew that he was going to die/be betrayed) to tour the world on healing and preaching?
What is your definition of a perfect God? According to your OP, you don't believe because of our behaviours, forcing you to church, different denominations etc.
Jesus did not come to save you from slave trade, He came to save us from sin. God has condemned the world, and has NO PLANS to repair, but to destroy. Jesus came to save us from being destroyed with the world. He's not the W.H.O, He didn't come to eradicate polio or any sickness from the world.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Ayomivic(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy: 5) Forcing people to go to church; My aunt used to go crazy when we did not go to church. We had to go to church even if we were sick. Furthermore, I also went to a christian university in Nigeria where students must go to church 4 times a week (Sunday,Monday, Wednesday and Thursday). Too much of anything is bad. Forcing someone to do something just makes the person hate the thing even more and more. It makes you wonder whether going to church is more important than God himself.

4) The different denominations of Churches; As a catholics, we made fun of protestants and their false miracles/loud praises/rich pastors. Why is that beggars outside the pentecostal churches never get their amputated legs healed? Why shout praises to God when he can hear you (just sing calmly like catholics)? Why does a pastor need a private jet when international diplomats who need to travel more dont? However, catholics have their own problems with the lie of papal infallibility and teaching of purgatory etc. Mormons believed that blacks were cursed to be slaves of men in the past. Ironic for christians that the bible said that[b] a kingdom divided against itself shall not prosper[/b].

3) The activities of God and the activities of christians; For christians, we see pastors slapping girls, reverend fathers raping altar boys, the early catholic church endorsing the slavery and torture of unbelievers, crusades etc. For God, we see God keeping silent while 5 year old girls are brutally raped in Congo, while sex slaves are smuggled aroung the world and while priests rape young boys.

2) The thought of your relatives/friends in hell; As Nigerians, most of our ancestors, starting from our great grand parents did not know God, Christianity came through the British and Portuguese before or during their time. However, the bible says that the only way to God is through Jesus Christ. Are we going to agree that our ancestors are in hell? Are we going to say people like Ghandi who lived a saintly life but did not accept Christianity are going to hell?

1) The christian indifference to inconsistencies in the bible; Why do christians get angry when they are confronted with passages in the bible which do not seem okay? Ask any christian to explain any of the following verses and they will curse you as if you're a demon;

-Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

-When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

-Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

-Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Bonus; Christians will also get angry if you tell that in the bible, Abraham married his step sister called Sarah or that Jesus never condemned slavery that was around him
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Ayomivic(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy: 5) Forcing people to go to church; My aunt used to go crazy when we did not go to church. We had to go to church even if we were sick. Furthermore, I also went to a christian university in Nigeria where students must go to church 4 times a week (Sunday,Monday, Wednesday and Thursday). Too much of anything is bad. [b]Forcing someone to do something just makes the person hate the thing even more and more. It makes you wonder whether going to church is more important than God himself.[/b]Human being have stages in their growth. When we were todlers or infant , our parents fed us, they monitor our movement.We moved to a stage where they no longer carry us around but they tell us what to wear,the time to bath and to brush.Rigt from the beginnig they are puting our feet in the riligion they believe,they make sure they train us in God's way.When we fully become man ,we do what we want,nobody control us again.We make rerearch and chose ur God.At this stage we can even tell our parent that their religion is fake as the athiests departed from their father religion, after they had made fake research they came to conclussion that their is no God.As we know and accept that God exist and disagree that stone can save we are calling the athiests to come back to their creatore for tomorrow can be too late

4) The different denominations of Churches; As a catholics, we made fun of protestants and their false miracles/loud praises/rich pastors. Why is that beggars outside the pentecostal churches never get their amputated legs healed? Why shout praises to God when he can hear you (just sing calmly like catholics)? Why does a pastor need a private jet when international diplomats who need to travel more dont? However, catholics have their own problems with the lie of papal infallibility and teaching of purgatory etc. Mormons believed that blacks were cursed to be slaves of men in the past. Ironic for christians that the bible said that[b] a kingdom divided against itself shall not prosper[/b].Christians are not detarmine by the church you are going or by how frequent you are going to church,being called christian does not make you a real christian.The master is coming to seprate christian from non-christian.He we peak his candidate from catholic,Anglican,CAC ,from protestant,pentecostal,name them.He may pick out of the member and leave their pastor,he knows the christians.

3) The activities of God and the activities of christians; For christians, we see pastors slapping girls, reverend fathers raping altar boys, the early catholic church endorsing the slavery and torture of unbelievers, crusades etc. For God, we see God keeping silent while 5 year old girls are brutally raped in Congo, while sex slaves are smuggled aroung the world and while priests rape young boys.

Not all who call him lord who enter the kingdom of God execpt who those who do the will of his father.
2) The thought of your relatives/friends in hell; As Nigerians, most of our ancestors, starting from our great grand parents did not know God, Christianity came through the British and Portuguese before or during their time. However, the bible says that the only way to God is through Jesus Christ. Are we going to agree that our ancestors are in hell? Are we going to say people like Ghandi who lived a saintly life but did not accept Christianity are going to hell?

Anybody who hear the about the gospel of Jesus but regected the salvation of his soul had already judge himself.
1) The christian indifference to inconsistencies in the bible; Why do christians get angry when they are confronted with passages in the bible which do not seem okay? Ask any christian to explain any of the following verses and they will curse you as if you're a demon;

-Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

-When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

-Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

-Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Bonus; Christians will also get angry if you tell that in the bible, Abraham married his step sister called Sarah or that Jesus never condemned slavery that was around him
You need to know the diffrent between Old Testament and New Testament,between law and salvation.For instance there is slavery in Old Testament( the law) but nothing like slavery in christianity(salvation)
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
What is your definition of a perfect God? According to your OP, you don't believe because of our behaviours, forcing you to church, different denominations etc.
Jesus did not come to save you from slave trade, He came to save us from sin. God has condemned the world, and has NO PLANS to repair, but to destroy. Jesus came to save us from being destroyed with the world. He's not the W.H.O, He didn't come to eradicate polio or any sickness from the world.

God has condemned the world, and has NO PLANS to repair, but to destroy. Jesus came to save us from being destroyed with the world.

The above quote highlights christian stupidity! Is Jesus not God? How can they have different agendas or is God schizophrenic?

Jesus did not come to save you from slave trade, He came to save us from sin

Slave trade is sin. Get a brain
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
Ayomivic: You need to know the diffrent between Old Testament and New Testament,between law and salvation.For instance there is slavery in Old Testament( the law) but nothing like slavery in christianity(salvation)

So we should ignore the old testament?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse: We are all going to account for every idle word we utter. For those who claim that hell is a threat to them, well...GET USE TO IT BECAUSE IT IS REAL!

If it scares you, then do well to avoid going there! http://heavenandhellstories..com/2012/04/seeing-hell-before-death.html

Fear is the best tool of a tyrant! To hell with you and your false religion
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by emofine2(f): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123: Jesus did not come to save you from slave trade, He came to save us from sin.

Since slave trade is a sin, so sinners came to give africans salvation?

mkmyers45: Can you do me a favour and fully explain your spiritual inclination? Are you still subjected to christainity or are you an atheist?

I'm not a christian but I'm subjected to constant threats of perishing in hell.
I don't feel this is perhaps the best thread to fully explain my spiritual inclination as it may deviate somewhat from the point of this topic however if there was an appropriate thread that catered for such then I'll gladly share my beliefs with you. And contrary to popular belief in the religious section I'm not an atheist.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
emöfine2:

Since slave trade is a sin, so sinners came to give africans salvation?

I'm not a christian but I'm subjected to constant threats of perishing in hell.
I don't feel this is perhaps the best thread to fully explain my spiritual inclination as it may deviate somewhat from the point of this topic however if there was an appropriate thread that catered for such then I'll gladly share my beliefs with you. And contrary to popular belief in the religious section I'm not an atheist.
Can you please open such a thread? I will gladly reason well with you and probably give a name to your believe system grin .
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by emofine2(f): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: Can you please open such a thread?

Lol why don't you create the thread?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

Fear is the best tool of a tyrant! To hell with you and your false religion

No...I will not go to hell, but you will, unless you repent!
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse:

No...I will not go to hell, but you will, unless you repent!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by lepasharon(f): 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
Hey poster,i feel you.But,you have it mixed up,it is Christianity which is false,and their concept of God and Christ.
But God still exists and he is perfect,it is Christianity which is twisted and against the bible.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2012
lepasharon: Hey poster,i feel you.But,you have it mixed up,it is Christianity which is false,and their concept of God and Christ.
But God still exists and he is perfect,it is Christianity which is twisted and against the bible.

Have you seen God? Have you felt him? What does he look like?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by lepasharon(f): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
^Youve not seen your brain but you know its there dont you?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
lepasharon: ^Youve not seen your brain but you know its there dont you?

Great question my sis. A fool will believe in gravity and choose to disobey the MAKER of the world
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by joe4christ(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: Please, as an Agnonstic cool. . .there is always a possiblility that some kind of a being exists.
AGNOSTICS ARE SUPER-SUPRA-PARA-INTELLEGENT ATHEISTS. . . because they at least try to humor you PHOCKING CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITES AND BORN-AGAIN REETARDED BIGOTS. . .by helping you figure out what kind of a USELESS GOD your claim to worship IN YOUR OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.

Here goes: kiss

But the manner of his existence is what I question. The inconsistencies and the outright disability in controlling the so-called world it claimed to have created.
It is NOT A STEP towards a deist or theistic stance.
Just a ponder.
Thank you!

Pertinent questions.

DOES YOUR GOD CARRY A 'HANDICAP' SIGN ON HIS OR HER VEHICLE OR SHOULD I SAY 'WINGS'?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/680832[/img]

Only a FOOLISH AND DAFT God will allow his own creation aka Satan to destroy the world he created 'that was all good'!
Even Obama did not tolerate that kind of CRRRRRRRRAP from Osama!

Only a DAMNED LAZY God will allow the likes of TB Joshua and Oyedepo to use his so-called HOLY NAME to rip fools on Earth off!

Only a DUMB IMPOTENT God will act like you "Auspicious Ekiti deekless-wonders online and use several monikers to go and be phocking other people's wives offline. . .and claim you are the 'HOLY GHOST' pehnis! BECAUSE HIS OWN PEHNIS IS TOO TOO SMALL TO TAKE CREDIT FOR CONCEIVING BASTARDS AS SAVIOUR WITH ANOTHER MEN'S PATERNITY ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF SUCH BASTARDS!!! tongue

IF YOUR GOD COULD PHOCK. . .HE WOULD HAVE FATHERED A CHILD FOR HIMSELF! NO NEED SNEAKING IN AND OUT OF JOSEPH'S WIFES POOHSIE. . .POOR MARY GOT R-APED AND DID NOT EVEN KNOW IT. SHE MUST HAVE HAND DOWN'S SYNDROME OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. OR SHE WAS DRUGGED WITH SOME DATE-R-APE DRUG FOR SURE BY THIS YOUR GOD IN THE FORM OF OYEDEPO OR TUBERCULOSIS JOSHUA!!! kiss

Only a JEALOUS AND MISERABLE GOD will be angry for others using their d-e-e-ks and poohsies effectively because he has a DEAD AND IMPOTENT one! BECAUSE HE CAN'T PHOCK SHYTE AND GETS TOO MUCH E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI WHEN ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTIC ARE SCREAMING WITH H-OR-GASMIC H-ECTASIES IN THE BEDROOM FROM BELOW , HAVING A SWELL TIME. . .INSTEAD OF PRAISING HIS USELESS AZZZZE IN SOME SHRINES OF CHURCHES AKA SPEAKING IN TONGUES. . .AND FOR NOT BEING STOOPID ENOUGH TO GIVE HIS SO-CALLED AZZEHOLES OF PASTORS A DOGGGONE DIME FOR TITHES! tongue

. . . and many more attributes!

Should I go on about this GOD OF YOURS? wink

No doubt he or she exists for sure. . . BUT HE MUST BE EVEN MORE STOOPID THAN YOURSELF!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin

[size=15pt] I just pity your pathetic self, it's glaringly clear that you're deluded and under the highest degree of desception.
You think you're wise but the level of your foolishness knows no bound.

1corrinthians 1:

18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those
who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the
power of God.

1corrintians 1:

19 For it is written,
“I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,
AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET
ASIDE.”
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is
the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the
wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God
the world through its wisdom did not come to know God,
God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the
message preached to save those who believe. 22 For
indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling
block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are
the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God
and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of
God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is
stronger than men.
26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there
were not many wise according to the flesh, not many
mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the
foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God
has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the
things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the
world and the despised God has chosen, the things that
are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so
that no man may boast before God. 30 But by His doing
you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from
God, and righteousness and sanctification, and
redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “LET HIM WHO
BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD.” [/size]
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
lepasharon: ^Youve not seen your brain but you know its there dont you?

I have seen my brain.......heard of scans?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse:

Great question my sis. A fool will believe in gravity and choose to disobey the MAKER of the world

No, a fool will believe in gravity and then go on to believe something that defies gravity when it shouldnt (Jesus floating into heaven
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

God has condemned the world, and has NO PLANS to repair, but to destroy. Jesus came to save us from being destroyed with the world.

The above quote highlights christian stupidity! Is Jesus not God? How can they have different agendas or is God schizophrenic?

Jesus did not come to save you from slave trade, He came to save us from sin

Slave trade is sin. Get a brain
This problem of comprehension. BTW, being abusive is not a sign of intelligence. You people seem to think insulting others and disbelieving God equals intelligence. Anybody can have a first class or carry first or have a phd. It's unfortunate that you have to refer to millions of people's God as schizophrenic before you can pass your 'point'.
Well, i said God plans to destroy the world i.e the earth and its system. Jesus comes to save us humans from being destroyed along with the earth if we believe.
On slave trade, slave trade is a small percentage of what sin encapsulates, think big. Jesus is not a human right activist. He came to handle what no human is capable of handling, stop comparing him to gani or wilberforce moulds.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
emöfine2:

Lol why don't you create the thread?
Ladies First cool
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
This problem of comprehension. BTW, being abusive is not a sign of intelligence. You people seem to think insulting others and disbelieving God equals intelligence. Anybody can have a first class or carry first or have a phd. It's unfortunate that you have to refer to millions of people's God as schizophrenic before you can pass your 'point'.
Well, i said God plans to destroy the world i.e the earth and its system. Jesus comes to save us humans from being destroyed along with the earth if we believe.
On slave trade, slave trade is a small percentage of what sin encapsulates, think big. Jesus is not a human right activist. He came to handle what no human is capable of handling, stop comparing him to gani or wilberforce moulds.

It's unfortunate that you have to refer to millions of people's God as schizophrenic before you can pass your 'point'

Really? Compared to you saying that billions of people will burn in hell for not believing your religion?

Face the fact, your God is schizophrenic;

-No incest but Abraham married his half sister
-Thou shalt not kill but stone homosexuals and fornicators to death
-Thou shalt not kill but orders isrealites to annihilate cities of unbelievers
-All men are equal but Jews are my chosen people
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

It's unfortunate that you have to refer to millions of people's God as schizophrenic before you can pass your 'point'

Really? Compared to you saying that billions of people will burn in hell for not believing your religion?

Face the fact, your God is schizophrenic;

-No incest but Abraham married his half sister
-Thou shalt not kill but stone homosexuals and fornicators to death
-Thou shalt not kill but orders isrealites to annihilate cities of unbelievers
-All men are equal but Jews are my chosen people
Jumping jumping, i am jumping. Next.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by ea7(m): 12:37am On Apr 15, 2012
Image123:
Your OP shows your asking christians to be perfect. You're disgusted because of their imperfections. What is your definition of a perfect God?. Nobody has a license to sin, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin.
from what exactly, afterwards christians still sin and the hell that is a danger was made by jesus himself. ur bull makes no sense.http://titen-sxull.hubpages.com/hub/Yahweh-is-Evil
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2012
Image123:
Jumping jumping, i am jumping. Next.

Is the truth too much for you?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Callotti: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2012
joe4christ:

[size=15pt] I just pity your pathetic self, it's glaringly clear that you're deluded and under the highest degree of desception.
You think you're wise but the level of your foolishness knows no bound.
[/size]

Written like a typical stark-illiterate,
You think because you present this your GOD as a bogey-man, I should pee on myself huh?
You can burst several blood vessels for all I care.
I am sure your God can fight for himself by killing Satan first.
Till then. . . . keep crying. kiss

joe4christ:

[size=15pt] [b]1corrinthians 1:

18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those
who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the
power of God.

1corrintians 1:

19 For it is written,
“I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,
AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET
ASIDE.”
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is
the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the
wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God
the world through its wisdom did not come to know God,
God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the
message preached to save those who believe. 22 For
indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling
block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are
the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God
and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of
God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is
stronger than men.
26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there
were not many wise according to the flesh, not many
mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the
foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and
has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the by k
things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the
world and the despised God has chosen, the things that
are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so
that no man may boast before God. 30 But by His doing
you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from
God, and righteousness and sanctification, and
redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “LET HIM WHO
BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD.”[/b] [/size]

Someone truly inspired wrote this drivel?
Just shove it up your azzze and stop disgracing yourself.
Sounds like this your God is more confused than yourself.
Shame on you both! cheesy
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by tbaba1234: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2012
mazaje:

tbaba123 keeps repeating this LIE that there are no errors in the koran, but when you take him up on the challenge and show him there there ARE errors in the koran he resorts to some ridiculous tactics and excuses like, it wasn't translated very well in english, so he goes around picking words giving them many different meanings and using the very different meanings to apply on the same word in the context that the koran uses it, if that one fails he then resorts to say that the error is in interpretation and not from the koran itself. . . .That is what ALL muslim apologist do. . .the use this ridiculous tactics all the time. . . .They suspended logic and rationality and even throw what the koran actually says under the bus just to prove a non existent point. . .

It is called Quran not koran.

All you need is a classical Arabic dictionary, that could provide an understanding about how the ancient arabs understood the words, you also need an understanding of the historical context of the words... We could have an extensive discussion on this::

"Wa" for instance in modern translations is usually translated as "And". But that one word for classical Arabs had more than 11 different connotations and it was not simply restricted to "And".

We can check the rules of classical arabic to see if the rules were broken. Remember even ancient languages have their unique rules.

Even you might still not believe , maybe you can understand the subtlety and beauty of classical Arabic.

We can go from there.

Without a doubt, there is no contradiction in the book.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by tbaba1234: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2012
mazaje:

Is allah entirely merciful as your post above says?. . . .Do you know what merciful is? merciful means to treat people better than they deserve, how can you claim allah is entirely merciful and also claim he is also just or an avenger, do you see the logical inconsistency in that assertion. i know you will come along with the ridiculous claim that allah being merciful does not apply in human terms the entirely merciful attribute of allah is transcendental and applies to him alone, but what you are saying is that allah is nothing, because he can not be set or put in context that has any meaning. . .If we use this logic then anything goes. . .

Muslims does not reduce God to parts, rather God is seen as one and unique in context of all his names and attributes. There is no logical inconsistency:

We own nothing, our life, our family, our jobs are all part of the mercy of God... If one is taken; we are grateful for what we have . We do not whine about what we do not own.

So if God punishes us in this life for instance; In that there is a mercy because that punishment might have saved us from being punished in their hereafter. If we live through it..... We could still have all or some of the gifts of vision, mobility etc.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by numo86(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2012
@logic boy....doesn't atheist govt electrocute or hang hardened criminals??
What do they do to terrorists....
God in d past dealt with just 1 nation,bt right now he deals with individuals who are willing to serve Him....so present servants of God dnt engage in war,stone homosexuals to death or electrocute criminals...
That is d reason why Jesus came....
If Jesus didn't come u would have being facing instantenous annihilation for insulting his Father.....

The truth @ d end of d day u still have to be under d control of somebody..either ur fellow man or a non-living thing....

I asked once scienitists after doing sme research come out to give us figures about there studies and we belive them even when we didn't carry out d experiments ourselves....
Scientists tell u d size of d earth,distance of d earth away frm d sun,how hot the sun is etc..
And u believe them don't u??
Did u urself carry out d experiment.??NO
But u believe don't u?becos they are more knowledgeble than u are...
So why doubt a creators existence??
Instead of u to continue to appreciate God ur leaving him to cling to some humans....
Because definitly if ur leaving God u must be owing ur allegiance to something else....
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: from what exactly, afterwards christians still sin and the hell that is a danger was made by jesus himself. ur bull makes no sense.http://titen-sxull.hubpages.com/hub/Yahweh-is-Evil
Christ came to give us power, to save us from sin. Nonetheless we still have the will to choose from day to day, who to obey and serve. It's like a potential that lies in every believer. There's that potential/possibility of being holy. Unfortunately, many do not fulfill it and they have their reward.
Hell was made for the devil and his angels, but any human who chooses not to follow God will join the devil there. You're either with God or without. Without God is hell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Use Of Virtual Holy Scriptures - Good/bad? / Creation Vs. Evolution / Apostle Joshua Selman Expose The Secret To His Miracles,signs And Wonders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.