Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim (5427 Views)

President Of World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, Commends D'banj / Jim Nwobodo Visits Buhari / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by NOI4Life: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2012
WE HAVE MADE HISTORY!

I would like to congratulate Dr Jim Yong Kim on his emergence as President of the World Bank Group. I look forward to working with him, staff and stakeholders of the World Bank Group for the benefit of poor people around the world. Their plight is at the heart of the mandate of the institution and we must never lose sight of that.

With regard to the selection process, it is clear to me that we need to make it more open, transparent and merit-based. We need to make sure that we do not contribute to a democratic deficit in global governance.

Nevertheless, by our participation we have won important victories. We have shown what is possible. Our credible and merit-based challenge to a long-standing and unfair tradition will ensure that the process of choosing a World Bank president will never be the same again. The struggle for greater equity and fairness has reached a critical point and the hands of the clock cannot be turned back.

I congratulate Dr Jose Antonio Ocampo for being a worthy participant and for his decision to withdraw his candidacy in my favour.

I am proud of Africa for displaying great unity in supporting my candidacy. I am proud of my country Nigeria for standing by me. I want to thank all the African leaders, but particularly President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his resolute support, along with other leaders – President Boni Yayi of Benin Republic, President Alassane Ouattara of Cote d’iVoire, President Jacob Zuma of South Africa and Chair of the African Union, Mr Jean Ping. Africa has stood for the right principles throughout these processes. I am proud to be African.

I want to thank other developing countries who supported my candidacy. I also thank the Nigerian public, the National Assembly and the Nigerian and international media for their analyses and support. I am deeply grateful to the numerous groups and individuals in different parts of the world that worked so hard and so passionately in my support.

It was a worthwhile battle. Now it is time to move on and contribute to the search for solutions to the many developmental challenges that confront the world.

Abuja, April 16, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/news/world-bank-presidency-okonjo-iweala-loses-to-kim-accepts-defeat/
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
ok undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by ZUBY77(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
Wasted my data bundle reading this crap.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by ndlife: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
True daughter of the soil,proudly Nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by racoon8995(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
Eiyya
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by AZeD1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
"With regard to the selection process, it is clear to me that we need to make it more open, transparent and merit-based."

What does she mean by merit based? I thought democratic elections were about selecting the candidate of the majority?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by greall1: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
Make she go sit down joor {sudsidy}

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
NOI4Life: WE HAVE MADE HISTORY!

I would like to congratulate Dr Jim Yong Kim on his emergence as President of the World Bank Group. I look forward to working with him, staff and stakeholders of the World Bank Group for the benefit of poor people around the world. Their plight is at the heart of the mandate of the institution and we must never lose sight of that.

With regard to the selection process, it is clear to me that we need to make it more open, transparent and merit-based. We need to make sure that we do not contribute to a democratic deficit in global governance.

Nevertheless, by our participation we have won important victories. We have shown what is possible. Our credible and merit-based challenge to a long-standing and unfair tradition will ensure that the process of choosing a World Bank president will never be the same again. The struggle for greater equity and fairness has reached a critical point and the hands of the clock cannot be turned back.

I congratulate Dr Jose Antonio Ocampo for being a worthy participant and for his decision to withdraw his candidacy in my favour.

I am proud of Africa for displaying great unity in supporting my candidacy. I am proud of my country Nigeria for standing by me. I want to thank all the African leaders, but particularly President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his resolute support, along with other leaders – President Boni Yayi of Benin Republic, President Alassane Ouattara of Cote d’iVoire, President Jacob Zuma of South Africa and Chair of the African Union, Mr Jean Ping. Africa has stood for the right principles throughout these processes. I am proud to be African.

I want to thank other developing countries who supported my candidacy. I also thank the Nigerian public, the National Assembly and the Nigerian and international media for their analyses and support. I am deeply grateful to the numerous groups and individuals in different parts of the world that worked so hard and so passionately in my support.

It was a worthwhile battle. Now it is time to move on and contribute to the search for solutions to the many developmental challenges that confront the world.

Abuja, April 16, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/news/world-bank-presidency-okonjo-iweala-loses-to-kim-accepts-defeat/
This woman does not know her left from right.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by namfav(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
minister of finance for nigeria or the world?

Abuja, April 16, 2012
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by badmrkt(m): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
blink182: This woman does not know her left from right.
how do you mean?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by babaowo: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
greall1: Make she go sit down joor {sudsidy}
.... Or mrs subsidy!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by chakaz(m): 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
In every contest, a winner must emerge. You done well, now its back to root.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by emmatok(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2012

Abuja, April 16, 2012

What is wrong with the selection process.

Majority caries the day.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by jamil2(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
Must she complement on the defeat it was subsidy saga that failed her. Next time ma'am exhibit the principles of honest thus will help you and become whatever you wish to be in the future, but we masses aren't happy with you on subsidu issue.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Louteelaw84: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
O n pe she for strike too na....make dem give am finish make she remove world subsidy?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Theblessed(f): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2012
[size=16pt][b]A Woman In a Man's World?

Congratulations Ngozi - you're worthy and incredible!!!!

You have shown what a Democrat you are!

You have shown Nigerians how to do it!

You've shown Africans how to do it, and do it well!

You're not only credible, you are an incredible lady!

Thank you for representing Africa and showing us all, how Democracy is done!

Accepting defeat with GRACE and bowing out with your DIGNITY intact! kiss

Despite the fact that all ODDS were against you, in fact, by getting this far, it was you that won the Presidency.

Imagine, all the hurdles you had to surmount in a man's world? undecided

You're a woman, and a black woman for that matter, fighting and contending with giants like United Kingdom, USA, China, Russia - Baby, just walk tall with your head high above your shoulders. Walk tall, walk tall and walk tall!!!!

Once again, thank you, you're worthy, my sister - you're incredible and, you won the Race!!

CONGRATULATIONS, GOD BLESS YOU, AND BLESS AFRICA!!!!!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss [/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by lucrecia: 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ma'am job welldone.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by LailaIkeji1: 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
it's all gud. she try.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by klear(f): 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
Is she saying that it wasn't open, transparent or that Mr Kim did not merit the post? Sour grapes!Madam Subsidy better watch her choice of words
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Kachi01: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
Well said ADA EJI EJE MBA, ADA DI ORA MMA, thats the spirit of sportsmanship. All of us knows that u are more qualified to be there except for international politics. And for all of you shouting madam subsidy, it amazes me that it is only when this woman speaks that u remember subsidy removal. There is no one in nigerian economy management team that wasn't in suport of subsidy removal. Let her be for God's sake. In her last public address she admitted that govt acted in a hurry on the subsidy isue.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by instinctg(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2012
any reverting to Electoral Petitions Tribunal?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by namfav(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
shes an arrogant lady, why not just come out and say 'she deserved it' instead of acting like a sore loser, she lost and i dont think jim kim cares about her

klear: Is she saying that it wasn't open, transparent or that Mr Kim did not merit the post? Sour grapes!Madam Subsidy better watch her choice of words

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by OAM4J: 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
Good one Ngozi. You represented us well.

You have also made us proud as Nigerians.

Don't worry, Nigeria needs you more.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by zalatan(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
no be subsidy dem b dey talk der o,she try sha atleast she comes out 4 afrka an d world recgnz her.she try level pas gudluck.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by GboyegaD(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
Has she forgotten the position was based on votes or what was she insinuating by " With regard to the selection process, it is clear to me that we need to make it more open, transparent and merit-based. We need to make sure that we do not contribute to a democratic deficit in global governance ". She is just being arrogant and I think she was expecting the world to be at her feet just like some funny Nigerians.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
namfav: shes an arrogant lady, why not just come out and say 'she deserved it' instead of acting like a sore loser, she lost and i dont think jim kim cares about her

EWU keep on talking trash. Jim Kim will surely beg her to help this novice, this is not malaria tablet grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Cheggoon(m): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Mumu woman instead make she carry Mr Kim go Tribunal.....lolz gringringringrin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim by Deage(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
I highly appreciate d manner in which she critically analyzed and tackled issues. More power to ur elbow 'cus nothing will stop you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Over 5 Million Pupils In 19 States Now Being Fed Under Buhari's NHGSF Programme / . / Orji Kalu's First Day In Prison - How The Seeds Were Sown In Our Days At Governm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.