Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

A Heavy Blow To The Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Heavy Blow To The Atheists (4181 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / To All The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by logicboy: 1:04am On Apr 18, 2012
Blackteeth:

Which post? The mould growing in your brain? Is mould the only thing existing? What about other stuffs? How did thousands of different things come into existence in a dead universe as you claim? Can cells be produced in a dead human?

The conditions were right?

Dead humans can produce new life it- helps maggot feed and also increases bacterial activity during decomposition.

Am I too good for you?
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Callotti: 1:08am On Apr 18, 2012
Another HOLY GHOST BLOKOS r-apist believer/theorist on rampage!
Welcome to 'I must convert you by force'!
Mu he he he he he he
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Blackteeth(m): 2:49am On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

The conditions were right?

Dead humans can produce new life it- helps maggot feed and also increases bacterial activity during decomposition.

Am I too good for you?

Yea you are good at cooking up cock and bull to answer critical questions. Did I mention new life and maggots? Didnt I ask can dead humans produce new body cells like a dead universe creating things? Anything unconcious can not do any activity without any external force mobilizing it.. Simple
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 18, 2012
Blackteeth: The reason am posting this as a new topic is because I believe the content of this post is heavy enough to give the atheist a shattering blow and a run for their brains. So I want many atheists as possible to see this and save themselves more embarasment.

Has there been an in increase in anti-atheist sermons in churches? Because, you people have been going Apesh#t over the last couple of weeks. Y'all need to calm down. Seriously. lol Now, I'll run for my brains.

Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by stokolie(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2012
[quote author=logicboy]

You angry? You mad because I destroyed your creationist babble?

now let me ask you
Have you ever observed
evolution with your own eyes?
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by ea7(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2012
st.okolie:
have you observed evolution with your own eyes
have you observed design with your own eyes? Do police men need to observe a crime with their own eyes to make a plausible guess about the crime? If there is a n intelligent designer he is not very smart. Case in point: down syndrome, sickle cell anemia, people dying at birth, blindness, why would he make humans intelligent but squishy? Einstein vs gorilla who wins? Who is more intelligent? Besides, wo designed the designer since he is intelligent and 'intelligence cant form on it's own'en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling. This shows you stupidity.

1 Like

Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by bigd4050: 8:52am On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: have you observed design with your own eyes? Do police men need to observe a crime with their own eyes to make a plausible guess about the crime? If there is a n intelligent designer he is not very smart. Case in point: down syndrome, sickle cell anemia, people dying at birth, blindness, why would he make humans intelligent but squishy? Einstein vs gorilla who wins? Who is more intelligent? Besides, wo designed the designer since he is intelligent and 'intelligence cant form on it's own'en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling. This shows you stupidity.

At a crime scene, policemen do need to observe the facts, and you certainly aren't taking common Christian believe into account when you try to refute it.

Christians believe God created the universe perfect, and when sin entered the world, it had an effect on everything. That is where sickness and unhealthy babies come from. And Einstein would most definitely win. Are humans overrun by gorillas, or any kind of animal now? No, we are intelligent beings, and we adapt and overcome. Einstein would use his incredible brain power to figure something out to win.

If God is omnipotent, and created time and space, then he lives outside of our understanding. He doesn't need a creator, he simply is. And your right, intelligence cannot form on its own, and that disproves evolution, because you didn't take into account your natural selection and how that should make intelligence form. You just contradicted yourself. If there is no creator, NOTHING can form on its own. That's why evolution is a fallacy.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by ea7(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2012
lol poor old einstein would be steam rolled. Blackteeth said i should not debate using christard tenets, since you are one head over to my bible review thread and comment.
I put that intelligence can not arise from a dead universe in quote marks for a reason.
I listed reasons why we are not designed. Did you go to the link i posted? Do you know how evolution was discovered, i find it rather plausible.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by bigd4050: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: lol poor old einstein would be steam rolled. Blackteeth said i should not debate using christard tenets, since you are one head over to my bible review thread and comment.
I put that intelligence can not arise from a dead universe in quote marks for a reason.
I listed reasons why we are not designed. Did you go to the link i posted? Do you know how evolution was discovered, i find it rather plausible.

First off, I apologize for not interpreting your quotes correctly, that was my mistake.

Second, I have no idea what your link is trying to say, can you put it into layman's terms for me?

Third, how was evolution discovered? By observing finches or by something else?

Fourth, I disagree with you about the gorilla winning. They are always stronger than any human, but humans are smarter and that's why we are the dominant species on the planet (I don't care about this point at all I just think its funny smiley)
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by ea7(m): 10:34am On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

First off, I apologize for not interpreting your quotes correctly, that was my mistake.

Second, I have no idea what your link is trying to say, can you put it into layman's terms for me?

Third, how was evolution discovered? By observing finches or by something else?

Fourth, I disagree with you about the gorilla winning. They are always stronger than any human, but humans are smarter and that's why we are the dominant species on the planet (I don't care about this point at all I just think its funny smiley)
the link shows why intelligent design is stupid by oparodying it using common arguments against evolution against the theory of gravity
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by logicboy: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2012
[quote author=Blackteeth]

Yea you are good at cooking up cock and bull to answer critical questions. Did I mention new life and maggots? Didnt I ask can dead humans produce new body cells like a dead universe creating things? Anything unconcious can not do any activity without any external force mobilizing it.. Simple[/quote]

Anything unconcious can not do any activity without any external force mobilizing it.. Simple[

Did you not read my post on fulgurite? Are lightening and sand conscious? No, but when lightening strikes sand at certain temparatures, the sand turns into glass.

It must be heartbreaking to see all your creationist attempts destroyed. Intelligent design has been destroyed as unscientific, the bible has been proven to have errors, christianity has been shown to support slavery and murder etc.

Your religious bubble has burst and you cant take it.

[img]http://troll.me/images/thumbs-up-jesus-says/you-mad-bro-come-at-me-thumb.jpg[/img]
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by stokolie(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
i posted this on the intelligent design trend but i think this article will help you if you have not read it.
TAKE TIME TO READ. It's worth
reading it. Trust me smiley
Professor : You are a Christian,
aren’t you, son ?
Student : Yes, sir.
... Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is GOD good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?
Student : Yes.
Professor: My brother died of
cancer even though he prayed to
GOD to heal him. Most of us would
attempt to help others who are ill.
But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD
good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent.)
Professor: You can’t answer, can
you ? Let’s start again, young fella.
Is GOD good?
Professor: Is satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor: Where does satan
come from ?
Student : From … GOD …
Professor: That’s right. Tell me
son, is there evil in this world?
Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t
it ? And GOD did make everything.
Correct?
Professor: So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer.)
Professor: Is there sickness?
Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All
these terrible things exist in the
world, don’t they?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor: So, who created them ?
(Student had no answer.)
Professor: Science says you have 5
Senses you use to identify and
observe the world around you.
Tell me, son, have you ever seen
GOD?
Student : No, sir.
Professor: Tell us if you have ever
heard your GOD?
Student : No , sir.
Professor: Have you ever felt your
GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your
GOD? Have you ever had any
sensory perception of GOD for
that matter?
Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I
haven’t.
Professor: Yet you still believe in
Him?
Professor : According to Empirical,
Testable, Demonstrable Protocol,
Science says your GOD doesn’t
exist. What do you say to that,
son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my
faith.
Professor: Yes, faith. And that is
the problem Science has.
Student : Professor, is there such
a thing as heat?
Professor: Yes.
Student : And is there such a thing
as cold?
Professor: Yes.
Student : No, sir. There isn’t.
(The lecture theatre became very
quiet with this turn of events.)
Student : Sir, you can have lots of
heat, even more heat, superheat,
mega heat, white heat, a little heat
or no heat. But we don’t have
anything called cold. We can hit
458 degrees below zero which is
no heat, but we can’t go any
further after that. There is no such
thing as cold. Cold is only a word
we use to describe the absence of
heat. We cannot measure cold.
Heat is energy. Cold is not the
opposite of heat, sir, just the
absence of it.
(There was pin-drop silence in the
lecture theater.)
Student : What about darkness,
Professor? Is there such a thing
as darkness?
Professor: Yes. What is night if
there isn’t darkness?
Student : You’re wrong again, sir.
Darkness is the absence of
something. You can have low
light, normal light, bright light,
flashing light. But if you have no
light constantly, you have nothing
and its called darkness, isn’t it? In
reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, were
you would be able to make
darkness darker, wouldn’t you?
Professor: So what is the point
you are making, young man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your
philosophical premise is flawed.
Professor: Flawed ? Can you
explain how?
Student : Sir, you are working on
the premise of duality. You argue
there is life and then there is
death, a good GOD and a bad GOD.
You are viewing the concept of
GOD as something finite,
something we can measure. Sir,
Science can’t even explain a
thought. It uses electricity and
magnetism, but has never seen,
much less fully understood either
one. To view death as the
opposite of life is to be ignorant
of the fact that death cannot exist
as a substantive thing.
Death is not the opposite of life:
just the absence of it. Now tell me,
Professor, do you teach your
students that they evolved from a
monkey?
Professor: If you are referring to
the natural evolutionary process,
yes, of course, I do.
Student : Have you ever observed
evolution with your own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head
with a smile, beginning to realize
where the argument was going.)
Student : Since no one has ever
observed the process of evolution
at work and cannot even prove
that this process is an on-going
endeavor. Are you not teaching
your opinion, sir? Are you not a
scientist but a preacher?
(The class was in uproar.)
Student : Is there anyone in the
class who has ever seen the
Professor’s brain?
(The class broke out into
laughter. )
Student : Is there anyone here
who has ever heard the
Professor’s brain, felt it, touched
or smelt it? No one appears to
have done so. So, according to the
established Rules of Empirical,
Stable, Demonstrable Protocol,
Science says that you have no
brain, sir. With all due respect, sir,
how do we then trust your
lectures, sir?
(The room was silent. The
Professor stared at the student,
his face unfathomable.)
Professor: I guess you’ll have to
take them on faith, son.
Student : That is it sir … Exactly !
The link between man & GOD is
FAITH. That is all that keeps things
alive and moving.
ea7: have you observed design with your own eyes? Do police men need to observe a crime with their own eyes to make a plausible guess about the crime? If there is a n intelligent designer he is not very smart. Case in point: down syndrome, sickle cell anemia, people dying at birth, blindness, why would he make humans intelligent but squishy? Einstein vs gorilla who wins? Who is more intelligent? Besides, wo designed the designer since he is intelligent and 'intelligence cant form on it's own'en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling. This shows you stupidity.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by LogicMind: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
st.okolie:
Have you ever observed
evolution with your own eyes?

Yes. If you put bacteria under a microscope and add a little penicilin, although some of them will die, you can actually "observe" the rest for days changing and adapting to what is a great threat to their life. if you continue applying tiny amounts of penicilin, over a period of time, months, sometimes weeks, their offsprings will "evolve" to a new type of bacteria that is completely immune to penicilin because they inherited resistant genes from their parents.

that's what we all do. we evolve by transfering adaptative genes to our offsprings. and it is an extremely slow process.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by rastamouse: 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

Yes. If you put bacteria under a microscope and add a little penicilin, although some of them will die, you can actually "observe" the rest for days changing and adapting to what is a great threat to their life. if you continue applying tiny amounts of penicilin, over a period of time, months, sometimes weeks, they (the offsprings) would have "evolved" to a new type of bacteria that is completely immune to penicilin because they transfer resistant genes to their offsprings.

that's what we all do. we evolve by transfering adaptative genes to our offsprings. and it is an extremely slow process.

And what caused that mutation capabilities?
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by LogicMind: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

do you now believe in evolution? god causes evolution?
pleeaaaase.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by rastamouse: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

do you now believe in evolution? god causes evolution?
pleeaaaase.

That is where you are wrong logic mind. GOD created the planet and everything therein so whatever we find out was created by HIM. Science has never created anything and that fact is acknowledged by the term "discovery."

The full meaning of that word is that the thing is already there but it was just dis-covered (was previously covered). The best evidence that we were created can be found in the fact that our abilities are finite. We only try to explain things and most of the time, we end up coming back with another explanation.

Logic mind, I seriously believe that the world is fast coming to an end and we do not have much time. You really need to take a careful look at life again. There are more reasons to believe that there is a GOD than not to. I am ready to help you out in any way that you might need me but please run for your soul!
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Idango(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
@Logic mind,

Atheist dont beleive in life after death is that true?

The bible which is the living word of God made us to understand that their is life life after death, Man dont dont die, he lives after death.

You that love scientific evidence.

Dr Robert Lanza in his biocentrism experiment is proving that death dont exist.That the body dies but life exist outside the body outside time

http://www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com/does-death-exist

Agreeing with what the word of God has said thousands of years ago.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by LogicMind: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
Idango: @Logic mind,

Atheist dont beleive in life after death is that true?

The bible which is the living word of God made us to understand that their is life life after death, Man dont dont die, he lives after death.

You that love scientific evidence.

Dr Robert Lanza in his biocentrism experiment is proving that death dont exist.That the body dies but life exist outside the body outside time

http://www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com/does-death-exist

Agreeing with what the word of God has said thousands of years ago.

another tortuous attempt at using science to back up fallacies.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by stokolie(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

volution" mixes two things together, one real, one imaginary. Variation (microevolution) is the real part. The types of bird beaks, the colors of moths, leg sizes, etc. are variation. Each type and length of beak a finch can have is already in the gene pool and adaptive mechanisms of finches. Creationists have always agreed that there is variation within species. What evolutionists do not want you to know is that there are strict limits to variation that are never crossed, something every breeder of animals or plants is aware of. Whenever variation is pushed to extremes by selective breeding (to get the most milk from cows, sugar from beets, bristles on fruit flies, or any other characteristic), the line becomes sterile and dies out. And as one characteristic increases, others diminish. But evolutionists want you to believe that changes continue, merging gradually into new kinds of creatures. This is where the imaginary part of the theory of evolution comes in. It says that new information is added to the gene pool by mutation and natural selection to create frogs from fish, reptiles from frogs, and mammals from reptiles, to name a few.

Do these big changes (macroevolution) really happen? Evolutionists tell us we cannot see evolution taking place because it happens too slowly. A human generation takes about 20 years from birth to parenthood. They say it took tens of thousands of generations to form man from a common ancestor with the ape, from populations of only hundreds or thousands. We do not have these problems with bacteria. A new generation of bacteria grows in as short as 12 minutes or up to 24 hours or more, depending on the type of bacteria and the environment, but typically 20 minutes to a few hours. There are more bacteria in the world than there are grains of sand on all of the beaches of the world (and many grains of sand are covered with bacteria). They exist in just about any environment: hot, cold, dry, wet, high pressure, low pressure, small groups, large colonies, isolated, much food, little food, much oxygen, no oxygen, in toxic chemicals, etc. There is much variation in bacteria. There are many mutations (in fact, evolutionists say that smaller organisms have a faster mutation rate than larger ones16). But they never turn into anything new. They always remain bacteria. Fruit flies are much more complex than already complex single-cell bacteria. Scientists like to study them because a generation (from egg to adult) takes only 9 days. In the lab, fruit flies are studied under every conceivable condition. There is much variation in fruit flies. There are many mutations. But they never turn into anything new. They always remain fruit flies. Many years of study of countless generations of bacteria and fruit flies all over the world shows that evolution is not happening today.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by rastamouse: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
st.okolie:

volution" mixes two things together, one real, one imaginary. Variation (microevolution) is the real part. The types of bird beaks, the colors of moths, leg sizes, etc. are variation. Each type and length of beak a finch can have is already in the gene pool and adaptive mechanisms of finches. Creationists have always agreed that there is variation within species. What evolutionists do not want you to know is that there are strict limits to variation that are never crossed, something every breeder of animals or plants is aware of. Whenever variation is pushed to extremes by selective breeding (to get the most milk from cows, sugar from beets, bristles on fruit flies, or any other characteristic), the line becomes sterile and dies out. And as one characteristic increases, others diminish. But evolutionists want you to believe that changes continue, merging gradually into new kinds of creatures. This is where the imaginary part of the theory of evolution comes in. It says that new information is added to the gene pool by mutation and natural selection to create frogs from fish, reptiles from frogs, and mammals from reptiles, to name a few.

Do these big changes (macroevolution) really happen? Evolutionists tell us we cannot see evolution taking place because it happens too slowly. A human generation takes about 20 years from birth to parenthood. They say it took tens of thousands of generations to form man from a common ancestor with the ape, from populations of only hundreds or thousands. We do not have these problems with bacteria. A new generation of bacteria grows in as short as 12 minutes or up to 24 hours or more, depending on the type of bacteria and the environment, but typically 20 minutes to a few hours. There are more bacteria in the world than there are grains of sand on all of the beaches of the world (and many grains of sand are covered with bacteria). They exist in just about any environment: hot, cold, dry, wet, high pressure, low pressure, small groups, large colonies, isolated, much food, little food, much oxygen, no oxygen, in toxic chemicals, etc. There is much variation in bacteria. There are many mutations (in fact, evolutionists say that smaller organisms have a faster mutation rate than larger ones16). But they never turn into anything new. They always remain bacteria. Fruit flies are much more complex than already complex single-cell bacteria. Scientists like to study them because a generation (from egg to adult) takes only 9 days. In the lab, fruit flies are studied under every conceivable condition. There is much variation in fruit flies. There are many mutations. But they never turn into anything new. They always remain fruit flies. Many years of study of countless generations of bacteria and fruit flies all over the world shows that evolution is not happening today.

Quite thoughtful!
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by stokolie(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

Yes. If you put bacteria under a microscope and add a little penicilin, although some of them will die, you can actually "observe" the rest for days changing and adapting to what is a great threat to their life. if you continue applying tiny amounts of penicilin, over a period of time, months, sometimes weeks, their offsprings will "evolve" to a new type of bacteria that is completely immune to penicilin because they inherited resistant genes from their parents.

mutation - natural selection
Here is how the imaginary part is supposed to happen: On rare occasions a mutation in DNA improves a creature's ability to survive, so it is more likely to reproduce (natural selection). That is evolution's only tool for making new creatures. It might even work if it took just one gene to make and control one part. But parts of living creatures are constructed of intricate components with connections that all need to be in place for the thing to work, controlled by many genes that have to act in the proper sequence. Natural selection would not choose parts that did not have all their components existing, in place, connected, and regulated because the parts would not work. Thus all the right mutations (and none of the destructive ones) must happen at the same time by pure chance. That is physically impossible. To illustrate just how hopeless it is, imagine this: on the ground are all the materials needed to build a house (nails, boards, shingles, windows, etc.). We tie a hammer to the wagging tail of a dog and let him wander about the work site for as long as you please, even millions of years. The swinging hammer on the dog is as likely to build a house as mutation-natural selection is to make a single new working part in an animal, let alone a new creature.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
st.okolie:

mutation - natural selection
Here is how the imaginary part is supposed to happen: On rare occasions a mutation in DNA improves a creature's ability to survive, so it is more likely to reproduce (natural selection). That is evolution's only tool for making new creatures. It might even work if it took just one gene to make and control one part. But parts of living creatures are constructed of intricate components with connections that all need to be in place for the thing to work, controlled by many genes that have to act in the proper sequence. Natural selection would not choose parts that did not have all their components existing, in place, connected, and regulated because the parts would not work. Thus all the right mutations (and none of the destructive ones) must happen at the same time by pure chance. That is physically impossible. To illustrate just how hopeless it is, imagine this: on the ground are all the materials needed to build a house (nails, boards, shingles, windows, etc.). We tie a hammer to the wagging tail of a dog and let him wander about the work site for as long as you please, even millions of years. The swinging hammer on the dog is as likely to build a house as mutation-natural selection is to make a single new working part in an animal, let alone a new creature.

Just post the whole plagiarized material and stop acting like you're having a discussion.

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by joe4christ(m): 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2012

Now read the following, it might be of help to you.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his
beard trimmed. As the barber began to work,they began to
have a good
conversation. They talked about so many things and various
subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of
God,
the barber said: 'I don't believe that God exists.' 'Why do
you say that?' asked the customer. 'Well, you just have to go
out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if
God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would
there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would
be neither suffering nor pain! I can't imagine a loving God
who would allow all of these things.' The customer thought
for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want
to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the
customer left the
shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the
street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed
beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned
back and entered the barber shop again and he saidto the
barber: 'You know what? Barbers do not exist.''How can you
say that?' asked the surprised barber. 'I am here, and I am
a barber. And I just worked on you!' 'No!' the customer
exclaimed. 'Barbers don't exist because if they
did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and
untrimmed beards, like that man outside.' 'Ah, but barbers
DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to
me.' 'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's the point! God,
too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not
go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why
there's so much pain and suffering in the world.'
#If you think God exists,like & share ds wit people---
Come unto Jesus all ye that labours and are heavy laden,
He'll give you rest, peace and joy...
Share/Add tag with your buddies

1 Like

Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2012
Right analogy, wrong interpretation.

Those who want to have their hair cut will go to a good barber. What's a good barber? The one who makes YOU look good.

SEE HOW DIFFERENT GODS AND RELIGIONS?

ALSO, based on your analogy, imagine Christians telling the 'unbarbed' that they will go mad, if they do not visit their barber?
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by codemaestr: 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
black teeth is just dense...but its not your fault if you knew better you would do better.
Thing is, am not an atheist but your point is......pointless.....dummy! kmt!
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by stokolie(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Martian:

Just post the whole plagiarized material and stop acting like you're having a discussion.

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
never said the material were home grown just want you to see what your so called sceince minded think.for since ur fact are based on science why not use sceince and discredit ur fact.so after readind the article what are ur doubt?
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by logicboy: 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
joe4christ:

Now read the following, it might be of help to you.

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his
beard trimmed. As the barber began to work,they began to
have a good
conversation. They talked about so many things and various
subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of
God,
the barber said: 'I don't believe that God exists.' 'Why do
you say that?' asked the customer. 'Well, you just have to go
out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if
God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would
there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would
be neither suffering nor pain! I can't imagine a loving God
who would allow all of these things.' The customer thought
for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want
to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the
customer left the
shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the
street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed
beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned
back and entered the barber shop again and he saidto the
barber: 'You know what? Barbers do not exist.''How can you
say that?' asked the surprised barber. 'I am here, and I am
a barber. And I just worked on you!' 'No!' the customer
exclaimed. 'Barbers don't exist because if they
did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and
untrimmed beards, like that man outside.' 'Ah, but barbers
DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to
me.' 'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's the point! God,
too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not
go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why
there's so much pain and suffering in the world
.'
#If you think God exists,like & share ds wit people---
Come unto Jesus all ye that labours and are heavy laden,
He'll give you rest, peace and joy...
Share/Add tag with your buddies

Copying and pasting rubbish- the act of an uneducated christian

The conclusion from your passage is that people suffer because they dont go to God. The problem is that people who go to God suffer as much as people who dont. Have we not seen christians being bombed by Boko Haram or christians dying in plane crashes or church members so poor that they beg for money after service?

Your
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by LogicMind: 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
see below
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by LogicMind: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
st.okolie:

never said the material were home grown just want you to see what your so called sceince minded think.for since ur fact are based on science why not use sceince and discredit ur fact.so after readind the article what are ur doubt?

there is no exact amount of time for an organism to "evolve". neither do we know what it may evolve into. but it evolves. a firefly may remain a firefly for billions of years while a kangaroo might evolve into something else in a shorter amount of time if its environment changes and forces it to adapt.
to adapt, we must evolve. no two ways about it.

about not seeing evolution happening with naked eyes, consider this: if you take a photo of your hand, your child, or even a piece of wood twice every day, you will not notice any changes between each adjoining photos but if you compare today's photo with five year old photo of the same person, you'll notice a huge difference. imagine millions of years. this is not the greatest evolutionary analogy but gives you an idea of the difficult task of "observing evolution".
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by ea7(m): 3:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

there is no exact amount of time for an organism to "evolve". neither do we know what it may evolve into. but it evolves. a firefly may remain a firefly for billions of years while a kangaroo might evolve into something else in a shorter amount of time if its environment changes and forces it to adapt.
to adapt, we must evolve. no two ways about it.

about not seeing evolution happening with naked eyes, consider this: if you take a photo of your hand, your child, or even a piece of wood twice every day, you will not notice any changes between each adjoining photos but if you compare today's photo with five year old photo of the same person, you'll notice a huge difference. imagine millions of years. this is not the greatest evolutionary analogy but gives you an idea of the difficult task of "observing evolution".
to add to the above, micro evolution and macro evolution as you call them are one and the same. Little changes ading up to produce something new when compared to the original.
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by Blackteeth(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
Did you not read my post on fulgurite? Are lightening and sand conscious? No, but when lightening strikes sand at certain temparatures, the sand turns into glass.
It must be heartbreaking to see all your creationist attempts destroyed. Intelligent design has been destroyed as unscientific, the bible has been proven to have errors, christianity has been shown to support slavery and murder etc.
Your religious bubble has burst and you cant take it

I cant stop laughing. If lightning and sand produce fulgerite glass, then what produces lightning and sand? You may say atomic reactions, but what produced atoms?
Re: A Heavy Blow To The Atheists by LogicMind: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
Blackteeth:

I cant stop laughing. If lightning and sand produce fulgerite glass, then what produces lightning and sand? You may say atomic reactions, but what produced atoms?

i thought your god created everything in 6 days 6000 years ago or is he still creating?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am I An Atheist? / Christianity: Unconditional Love / Must A Good Christian Attend Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.