Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,574 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (12119 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Guys And Girls: What Is The Right Age To Start Thinking Of Marriage? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2007
methinks a guy shd get it over with by 29, a girl by 25.
if by 26 i'm still not married i go panic oh!! shocked
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Bastino(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2007
lamidebaby, wat if ur guy is not stable yet? wat do you do?
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by pholer(m): 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
Igbobeauty:

I want to get married by 18/19 and have a child at 20, you may be wondering why, well that's because I do believe that Jesus is coming very soon, I'm going to have to do something with my life right now.

very funny!!!
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Pappyjesby(m): 12:59am On Nov 13, 2007
Marriage is an interesting phase in human life. Marriage can either be sweet or bitter, believe it or not that's the gospel truth. If you are going to enjoy the rest of your life or experience HELL on earth it is your marriage that will determine.
For this reason most men are scared from going into serious marital relationships, but all it takes is to carefully, watchfully, sincerely, gently and prayerfully choose the best for your life with help of God.

My good friend, there is no age limit as per when to get married. The guy you are talking about may have some personal reasons best known to him for delaying in marriage.
Some men see marriage as a burden, they therefore find it so difficult to adjust their reckless way of life. Some might have one time or the other had a bitter experience with their proposed life patner and this had created an indellible mark on their psyque which they live to regret on daily basis.

Practically speaking as a matured man once you are up to 25years of age and you are mentally, socially, financially, physically, and spiritually matured to manage the affairs of your would - be -home you are free to get married. But advisably you must think very well and look before you jump lest you jump into the ditch.

My advice for the youths out there is that you must need prepare for your future home, have a solid plan for your children, your wife, and lastly your old age, put all these together and work out your marriage.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by princessV1: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
age is not so important than maturity.so maturity is main the quality in marraige.think about this

Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by jkpretty(f): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ Poster

Age? Hell no!

Maturity? Very correct.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by papabaks(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2007
Marriage is not all about age, rather it's about been able to handle responsibility. You can be 40 and not been able to handle any responsibility and at the same time, someone can be 22 and mature enough to handle any responsibility.

Just be yourself and leave every thing unto the lord.

papa
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by skabo(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2007
To me, I don't think there is an approximate age, as you said, for marriage. for a Nigerian lady, who is interested in her education, after graduation, she should be ready for marriage. For a guy, once he can provide for himself, his immediate and extended family members, and can take responsibility for his actions, then he is ready for marriage.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by precioussa(m): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2007
on my own opinion,i think it depend on wen someone is ready to marry.i believe its an agreement between the couples.i dont blame people at the age of 30= dat are still singles,cos someone dat is not even sure of himself avin three square meal a day talkless of getting married.how will he cope will the wife??
i think if there is money, the problem is solved
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by rosquare(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2007
HHHHmmmmmm.
MARRIAGE!!!! HHHmmmmmm
the only institution where you get your certificate
once you resume lectures.
for a guy, i think its when he is ready to lose
his bachelorhood degree(it took u years to achieve)
for the lady to get her masters. lipsrsealed
maturity is very important.
readiness is also very important.
age, age, is it really important? well, if you cant stand the
pressure from family, friends and the society.
as for me, a guy should start positioning himself (in thougts,
attitude, achievments)towards marriage as from 27yrs ;
and the lady 22years
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by ufobabe(f): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2007
rosquare:

HHHHmmmmmm.
MARRIAGE!!!! HHHmmmmmm
the only institution where you get your certificate
once you resume lectures.
for a guy, i think its when he is ready to lose
his bachelorhood degree(it took u years to achieve)
for the lady to get her masters. lipsrsealed
maturity is very important.
readiness is also very important.
age, age, is it really important? well, if you can't stand the
pressure from family, friends and the society.
as for me, a guy should start positioning himself (in thougts,
attitude, achievments)towards marriage as from 27yrs ;
and the lady 22years

u too much.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by tatenda: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2007
Boring topic
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Yinkwamo(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2007
I'm not a marriage counsellor, neither am i a pastor but i believe that God's time is the best. However, personally, i feel the ideal age for Ladies is 23 <35 and Men 26<50. But one man's meat is another man's PONMO grin. However trust God in every thing you do for He is never too late.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by TerrySoft(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2007
Wait a minute!

Right age for marriage or the right time to marry In my own opinion, everyone should examine himself/herself and decide what he/she wants. Most people are driven into catastrophe and most homes are broken because some guys and babes tend to follow "laid down principles" by families and counselors and most are influenced by peer groups.

I remember when i was 22/23 and was proudly telling close friends that I'll get married at 25/26 but today I'm 27 and still pushing it to 2010 when i will be 30.

So you see that it's not about age, there's more to marriage than age and the first thing one has to know is that marriage is more than what we see, it has some spiritual undertone and one must tread cautiously.

For the issue of age, i still believe a man should prepare to marry between 30 and 35 while for ladies, 18 - 25 is ideal.

If you don't agree, you can marry at 50 as a guy and 40 as a babe, or better still stay single, no qualms.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by rockiedink(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
life begins at 40, or like Madonna, marrying at 60 is still in vogue!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by omogenaija(f): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2007
the day i find the man who is the worth lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by yemivictor: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2008
omogenaija:

the day i find the man who is the worth lipsrsealed

Ha! shocked Well, i wish you good luck and earnestly pray that time'll not pass you by! grin hmm, some girls actually come here just to make one laugh! grin
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by topkin(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2008
Age is not a determinant as to when to get married. There has to be an all round readiness, Physiologically, sociologically, financially, psycologically, mentally and spiritually ready before u can say u want to get married.

The RIGHT partner also matters a lot. Age is definitely not it!!
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by odiaseo(m): 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
The acceptable age depends on society, while individuals may not have a preference, the society we live in determines what the acceptable age is. Most men would think twice about a single woman above 30, while a guy below 25 may be considered young in Nigeria. In developed countries teenagers get married.

However, a man must be matured and able to provide for his wife and the woman should be ready to face family life and motherhood
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by eddybekp(m): 8:22am On Jul 05, 2015
At 21 both boys & girls are matured enought to get married if they are financially independent. But if they are not financially ok, they have to wait.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ Is It Necessary For Guys To Kneel Down To Propose To A Lady? / Ladies, Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of Your Brother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.