Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,266 members, 7,846,251 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10667114 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) ... (19316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
bigkesh:

A 8 year old girl wrote a poem that is shaking the world
At your Age ,Martin Luther was already 'having a dream'
You are Probably Older than Pedro,Hazard and Neymar.... maybe even combined

You are composing absolute crap
U sat down,click'reply',thought about this,typed it....and through all this it never occurred to you that you should stop this shameful act

Ur existence is a big proof that Abortion is advantageous...
The intercourse that lead to you must have happened on an express road,because that's where most 'Accidents' happen
If only He knows how to 'Pull out' half as good as Zouma's pull out, This Error wouldn't have happened

Oh shít! You murdered him.. sad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
dopeJemi:
From the way these guys are taking it personal, it really pained them grin grin meaning it was a really good joke tongue tongue

Ayaah grin

Read the interview again and see if it has any iota of sense in it.. Just do. Not the memes.. The interview
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Bimffo:

Read the interview again and see if it has any iota of sense in it.. Just do. Not the memes.. The interview

Bro, to us rival fans, it's funny... we'd laugh at anything as long as it's a joke on our rival clubs even if it's not funny

But it doesn't merit the insults bigkesh is pouring out on him, it's just too much and too personal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
All the goals of last season. Actually we were fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-uEHCVyxzk

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
On Reserving Judgement

Had online football journalism 'developed' to 2015 proportions in 2003, there would have been articles with titles like 'Past It: How Twitter reacted to Makelele move', 'Chelsea sign 'average' troublemaker Makelele' and 'Ten Other Over-Priced and Over-The-Hill Signings'. Claude Makelele was 30, he cost £16m and he had gone on strike to force through a move to Chelsea that he later admitted was almost entirely about money.

That was the summer that Chelsea spent over £111m, including £17m on Damien Duff, £15m on Juan Sebastian Veron, £15.8m on Adrian Mutu, £9.8m on Scott Parker and £16.8m on Hernan Crespo; Makelele was the last in the door and fans of other clubs laughed at the ridiculousness of spending so much money on a 30-year-old. Chelsea fans were mildly embarrassed; they were yet to develop the thick blue skin of the nouveau riche.

The words of Real president Florentino Perez - "We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and 90% of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten" - were particularly damning. They would have picked up rather more traction in 2015.

I remember widespread cynicism at this summer of scattergun spending by Chelsea, with particular criticism for the signings of Veron, Crespo and Makelele, who were said to have struggled at bigger clubs and were clearly only lured to Stamford Bridge by the new influx of petrodollars. While the other two players were - at best - qualified successes, Makelele was a revelation. In a different era, an awful lot of spitefully favourited 'what a waste of money' tweets would have been re-tweeted.

The internet does not archive much of that reaction from 2003, though a piece from Mark Hodgkinson in the Daily Telegraph raises a smile, not least because it begins with the words 'Roman Abramovich has been like one of those ladies in the King's Road, Chelsea, who stop shopping only when the boutiques shut'. It may have been 2003 everywhere else, but at the Telegraph (then just a stuffy newspaper rather than a click-hungry website), it was evidently still 1973. See also the description of Claudio Ranieri as 'slightly camp'.

In that piece, Hodgkinson writes sniffily of Chelsea acting like 'lottery winners' doing 'loadsamoney trading' and describes Makelele as 'a man shaped by money, envy and perhaps an inflated sense of his own worth'. This was a journalist writing in a national newspaper so imagine the reaction from football fans not afforded such a stage. Makelele was a greedy, mercenary player signing for a brash, shameless club.

The story of Makelele - and in particular, the criticism of his signing - feels relevant this week as Bastian Schweinsteiger follows the Frenchman to become only the second 30-year-old to be transferred to an English club for 20m Euros. As the internet echoes with claims that the German is too old and Franz Beckenbauer stops just short of saying that a move to the Premier League is not becoming of a man of his age, it is worth remembering Makelele.

It may also be worth remembering Makelele - a man who said "at the moment it's not in my head to train, or do anything like that" when still being paid by Real Madrid but eyeing a move to the newest, richest kids on the block - when discussing/abusing/dismissing Raheem Sterling. Barely anybody remembers those quotes because it was 2003 and online football journalism churned out roughly 4% of its current output. Which is one of several reasons why I miss 2003.

History remembers Makelele as the man with his very own 'role'. But before the 'role', Makelele was an ageing, money-grabbing failure. Sometimes we need to remember even when the internet forgets.

So when dismissing Sterling as a spoilt creation of football 2015, or Schweinsteiger as over-the-hill, at least let history temper your outrage. Writing players off before they have even stepped over the white line is becoming the depressing staple; reserving judgment has become a greatly endangered pastime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
dopeJemi:
From the way these guys are taking it personal, it really pained them grin grin meaning it was a really good joke tongue tongue

Ayaah grin
hahaha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
On the Arrival of Bench Warmers

cc bigkesh

It's that time of the year when the European powerhouses are looking to offload those considered surplus to requirements in order to fund their latest batch of high-profile arrivals. Xavi, Andrea Pirlo and Iker Casillas have all bid farewell to their adoring fans, with Carlos Tevez, Sami Khedira, Yohan Cabaye and Bastian Schweinsteiger all leaving a member of Europe's elite.

Despite that movement, there remains a number of players expected to see their playing time dwindle further for the big hitters on the continent that may still be up for grabs. Here are some potential benchwarmers that could yet arrive in England.

Pedro (Barcelona)
Undoubtedly a victim of Barcelona's financial muscle in recent years, Pedro's nearly-status as a Blaugrana first team regular is looking likely to come to an end. Last season the forward's playing time was restricted to its lowest point since making his mark on the senior ranks at Camp Nou, with 1531 minutes spread over 35 appearances in La Liga, of which 20 came from the bench. Only two players appeared more times as a substitute in Spain's top tier.

A tally of six goals and six assists was a respectable return but way down on what was a highly encouraging 2013/14 campaign under Tata Martino, notching a career high of 15 league goals along with eight assists for a WhoScored.com rating of 7.14. It's a figure that would drop to a modest 6.76 last season. With their wonderful forward triumvirate unlikely to be broken anytime soon, Pedro would no doubt be best served looking for more regular action away from Barcelona.

Asier Illarramendi (Real Madrid)
Another tipped with a move away from one of Spain's 'big two' is Asier Illarramendi, who has failed to live up to expectations in the famous white jersey. Earmarked as Xabi Alonso's long-term successor due to his impressively efficient passing and ability to break up play in central areas, the midfielder's career may yet plot a similar path if links to Liverpool are to be believed. Both made their name at Real Sociedad, with Illarramendi impressing to the extent that he became - and remains - the most expensive Spanish transfer in Los Blancos' illustrious history.

In terms of his performances he has never really let Madrid down, but neither has he convinced that he is the man from which the side's play should be built. It's worth noting that while a league rating of 6.66 from WhoScored may seem meagre, when you exclude the 20 substitute appearances he made last season that score is up at 7.18 in ten starts. Having led Real Madrid in terms of minutes per pass (1.2) and interception (29), the Spaniard just needs a chance but seems unlikely to get it at the Bernabeu.

Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
It may seem a stretch to suggest that Mario Gotze will be on the fringes of the Bayern team next season, but the general consensus on the youngster is that he hasn't quite hit the heights expected of him since a move to the Allianz. While any transfer would likely set interested parties back a pretty penny, many believe that the club would not be opposed to entertaining offers for the man who scored Germany's World Cup winner last July.

The return to fitness of Thiago Alcantara could have a big say on Gotze's future, and while he is thought to be a part of the long-term plan beyond the likes of Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, Bayern could yet be tempted to sell the 23-year old.

Despite making 32 league appearances last season the playmaker's WhoScored rating was at its lowest since breaking into the Dortmund side (7.20) and with a direct hand in just 11 goals - a feat he managed from half the number of starts (14) in the 2011/12 season - Gotze's star may have fallen a little. Often shunted out wide, Bayern man has been used as somewhat of a utility player in attack and may not be against a move where he could gain a fixed, central position in the side.

Ezequiel Lavezzi (PSG)
Following a big money move from Napoli in 2012, it's fair to say Ezequiel Lavezzi has not reached the form he managed in his final three seasons in Serie A. His creative juices are running dry in the French capital, and while the Argentine's finishing has always been questioned, his assist tally has dwindled substantially. In his final three years in Naples Lavezzi scored 25 goals but added a further 23 assists. While he has netted a respectable 22 goals in three seasons in Paris, however, Lavezzi has supplied just six assists.

Joined by former teammate Edinson Cavani the season after he signed for the club, many expected the arrival of Lavezzi's fellow South American might see the two forge a formidable partnership. In the 2010/11 season in particular theirs was the most profitable partnership in Serie A, with Lavezzi assisting six of Cavani's league strikes. Since the Uruguayan made the move to the French capital, however, Lavezzi has laid on just two assists for the No. 9, and while both have had their problems settling into life in Ligue 1 it's the Argentine who seems set for the exit following a disappointing WhoScored rating of 6.83 last season.

Fernando Llorente (Juventus)
Despite the departure of top scorer Carlos Tevez, who has returned to Boca Juniors, Fernando Llorente's time at Juventus may also be up. The progression of Alvaro Morata coupled with the signings of Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Simone Zaza mean the Spaniard's playing time is set to fall next season having started 25 league matches in 2014/15. The signing of Mandzukic in particular - who offers a very similar physical threat - is the clearest indicator that coach Max Allegri feels the 30-year old is not up to standard, having scored just seven Serie A goals and registered one assist last season.

His rating from WhoScored.com fell from an impressive 7.21 in his debut season in Turin, in which he had a direct hand in 21 league goals, to just 6.70 last time out. That said, for any club on the lookout for a target man Llorente is still a real handful. Having scored a league high of 26 headed goals in his final four seasons in Spain the former Athletic Club striker notched nine of 22 with his head in Serie A, which also represents a league record over the last two seasons in Italy's top-flight.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
nonsoroyalty:
Pedro presser live...

Pedro: After staying in the bench last season at
barca I have finally decided to destroy what's left of my career by coming to chelsea just like torres shevchenko crespo etc

Reporter: hazard or neymar whose better?

Pedro: well both are good but one just scored in the ucl final receiving the ucl golden boot ahead of messi and ronaldo in lesser minutes and also inspired his country to the 2013 confederations cup with fred gustavo etc
While the other is still receiving pfa awards

Reporter: your future if u sign for chelsea?

Pedro : well honestly I can't tell but I know I will be loaned to vitesse after 2 seasons

Reporter : do u like chelsea?

Pedro: lol who doesn't love money?

Reporter: what do u think of the chelsea players

Pedro: well they are good guys fun to be with
Terry almost slept with my wife costa and I had a fight soooooooo its all good

Reporter: mourinho?

Pedro: mourinho? Well each time I remember that name I remember the 5-0 at the camp nou

Mourinho called me we talked about prices of buses and molues sekpe kai kai etc
Am beginning to like him he is a born winner

Reporter: will your family come with you to london?

Pedro: my sons? Yes my daughter and wife? As long as john terry is still in london, ABSOLUTELY F*CKING NOT

Ill post more press brb

I just love that you wear stupidity like it's a virtue.

Don't you have something good to do with your time?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Pedro granted permission to speak with Chelsea.

Good News. Now the summer has started. Just like I stated at the time when Cuardrado was being signed, that I thought he was rubbish, I am taking the opposite side on this.

In JM's set-up, I predict this dude is already a hit. Ninja with pace, threat, good technique and very crucial for me, good output. I am glad JM agrees with my long-term assertion that we are still weak on the flanks.

Now we need to find two correct players for midfield. One decent LB to help Hazard in attack and we are ready to defend our title.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
nateevs:

Good News. Now the summer has started. Just like I stated at the time when Cuardrado was being signed, that I thought he was rubbish, I am taking the opposite side on this.

In JM's set-up, I predict this dude is already a hit. Ninja with pace, threat, good technique and very crucial for me, good output. I am glad JM agrees with my long-term assertion that we are still weak on the flanks.

Now we need to find two correct players for midfield. One decent LB to help Hazard in attack and we are ready to defend our title.
bros, I know we dont agree much grin but this is gold. Totally agree. cool

That said, ahem cheesy , imo Willian can/will do wonders in the middle (I'm assuming a false No10?). That "ninja" (to quote of Ibime) can pass, he is willing to run and can defend when necessary. Yep, I will take that. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
bigkesh:

A 8 year old girl wrote a poem that is shaking the world
At your Age ,Martin Luther was already 'having a dream'
You are Probably Older than Pedro,Hazard and Neymar.... maybe even combined

You are composing absolute crap
U sat down,click'reply',thought about this,typed it....and through all this it never occurred to you that you should stop this shameful act

Ur existence is a big proof that Abortion is advantageous...
The intercourse that lead to you must have happened on an express road,because that's where most 'Accidents' happen
If only He knows how to 'Pull out' half as good as Zouma's pull out, This Error wouldn't have happened

I wish i had the opportunity to give u more than 1likecheesy but its not possiblesad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Watching the goals from last season....
whaaaat. THAT assist from Fab is mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
And thunder fire anybaga who says CFC is boring. grin We was AWESOME!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nihilist:
On the Arrival of Bench Warmers
cc bigkesh

Anyway,if he can give us what Sanchez is giving Arsenal.... No p
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olaone1: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
Chelsea will be lucky to finish 5th this season. Be afraid, Chelsea fans, be really really afraid tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kinggenesis(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
FBS:
And thunder fire anybaga who says CFC is boring. grin We was AWESOME!
wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
pamcode:
Seun was an oau graduate whoops i should have known and you knew him personally? That great lots of senior colleagues here.
Wait 2003/2004 set that means you were there during Afrika's time right?

I was there during Afrika's time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
kinggenesis:
wink

It's allowed, black Americans use it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
nateevs:

And that would be 4 new players in all? I really don't see us signing that much. If the rumors making the rounds on the dailies and news outlets are anything to go by, then I'm seeing us closing the cheque book once a winger and a CM must have been signed.

I understand that the shift in the modern day game means having majestical full backs is a must. Whether teams are playing a high pressing game, the full backs will still be expected to get up and down the field to fulfill their responsibilities of not only being providers, but also being great at defending, but the question remains, how many ninjas out there can carry out such job in a sublime fashion?

We have a good option in Luis, he's someone who can provide us with a different attacking output down the left side, but his defensive side of the game is always a suspect.

Can we snap up Ricardo Rodriguez of Wolfsburg? He is the best I can think of at the moment. I've been seeing the dude's game even before the WC last year, he's simply good.

His stocks has risen over the years though. Well, for a player who is an amazing tackler and set-piece taker, no surprises there.

Check him out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1yJOH8Rs3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm96hNhMS_w
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
dopeJemi:

Bro, to us rival fans, it's funny... we'd laugh at anything as long as it's a joke on our rival clubs even if it's not funny

But it doesn't merit the insults bigkesh is pouring out on him, it's just too much and too personal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
AirborneLacer:
All the goals of last season. Actually we were fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-uEHCVyxzk
Tnx for bringing ds here, did u mean all the goals for real??
it would be fun to watch, make I sharply download am.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
jimmy4x:

Tnx for bringing this here, did u mean all the goals for real?? It would be fun to watch, make I sharply download am.

Yeah. All goals in all competitions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
Olaone1:
Chelsea will be lucky to finish 5th this season. Be afraid, Chelsea fans, be really really afraid tongue tongue
Lmaoo....fifth lohun loun....haba na, wetin happen, wetin we do you, dopejemi nd nonso sef, una wahala too much for ds thread, na bad thing to win league ni...lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
raumdeuter:

I was there during Afrika's time.
lol....Oga mi sir, greatest Ife, which of d halls u stay, shey na oau capital....(Awo hall)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hahahaah 14 mentions lmao
Some sepke fans are crying lmfao
Keep the insults lads
I gat more lmaoo

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Yeah. All goals in all competitions.
Nice one broda, Oga mi, Raumdeuter, A40, Nonsoroyalty, Homesteady, Debroslink, abeg, make una leave sentiments aside now, download this clip and get a change of view after watching....Cfc too sweet abeg....we sabi ball....smileycheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
FBS:
bros, I know we dont agree much grin but this is gold. Totally agree. cool

That said, ahem cheesy , imo Willian can/will do wonders in the middle (I'm assuming a false No10?). That "ninja" (to quote of Ibime) can pass, he is willing to run and can defend when necessary. Yep, I will take that. cool

Willian in No 10 is always a smart decision. I actually prefer him in the middle than on the flanks.

A forward line of Hazard - Willian - Pedro is honestly, very potent offensively and defensively.
Yes I will take that too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
T all my fellow frnds sorry for the delay some chelski fans told mtn to keep crashing me

Ill switch to pc

More memes patience me lads..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
jimmy4x:

Lmaoo....fifth lohun loun....haba na, wetin happen, wetin we do you, dopejemi nd nonso sef, una wahala too much for ds thread, na bad thing to win league ni...lol

tongue beg me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
nonsoroyalty:
T all my fellow frnds sorry for the delay some chelski fans told mtn to keep crashing me

Ill switch to pc

More memes patience me lads..

I sitdown here gidigba dey wait grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wonlasewonimi: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Olaone1:

You're thinking like a typical gooner! Chelsea will perform better than last season while Arsenal will still hold down their favourite third or fourth position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Throw back when they won't let black man mourinho get in the ucl train

(1) (2) (3) ... (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) ... (19316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), andrewbaba44, PendragonVII, FergieRaww(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.