Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

What Is Africa's Biggest Problem? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Africa's Biggest Problem? (9736 Views)

Poll: What is Africa's Biggest Problem?

Poverty: 5% (6 votes)
Corrupt Leaders: 67% (73 votes)
Lack Of Cooperation: 17% (19 votes)
Colonial Influence: 8% (9 votes)
Ineffective African Union: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Africa's Biggest Problem? by richkolinz: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2012
1, Poverty
2, Corrupt Leaders
3, Lack Of Cooperation
4, Colonial Influence
5, Ineffective African Union

These are all symptoms of an underlying problem, and not the problem itself. The basic reason why Africa has failed generally is because of what makes us behave the way we do, and that is the culture. To a large extend most people have a shallow understanding of what culture is all about. They cant see beyond folk tales, dressing, greetings that is often associated with Africa. Culture however is deeper than this. Culture is the way we think and why we think that way. Culture is not god given it is made by man in response to the experiences that poses a challenge in his environment. And as much as we Africans may not want to accept it, Africa in general, have created an inferior culture that has done more harm than good to the race.Culture is the most difficult to change, how then can Africa change her mentality? 50 years ago China was no better than What Nigeria is experiencing today, it took a cultural revolution for the change to become manifested into what we see today.
Re: What Is Africa's Biggest Problem? by Tochi3(m): 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
A very good topic.

When most parts of Africa is affected by the symptoms listed by the poster, the end of africa is almost at hand. There is no continent in the world that can survive such devastating symptoms unless the study of the past is made a priority. The climax of the symptoms will be when 100 percent of the continent become slaves in their own land without even having a clue.

I think the biggest problem of Africa is not knowing our history. How can one be proud his\her culture without history. History will help Africa a lot and when i say History I mean the History of pre-history dating back 3500 b.c. Those who were part of the destruction of our history claim to be the masters of the world and today they are the champions and teachers of African history

There was a black Civilised and developed city known as Nowe, older as the greek and roman empire. Africans have the right to know what happened to that ancient and civilised city, how, why, what and when it happened. The symptoms listed by the poster was the order of the day after the fall of Nowe. I refuse to see the problems or any other problems listed elsewhere as problems but symptoms that will pave the way for the ultimate destruction of the black continent.

To know the true knowledge of our history africans must take the bull by the horn. Africans have a lot of research to do on their own and only on their own, though a very difficult task, but the will to do it is the most important that Africans much search for.

Africans who are interested to know what happened to that ancient city of Nowe must read the THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILISATION by Chancellor Williams. I have tried my best by posting the whole work of this impeccable blackman and american on this website. It is left for Africans to discover the truth about their history.

There is nothing in this world that is happening today that have never happened in the past. Nothing is new under the sun for the ancient blacks were sun worshipers.
Re: What Is Africa's Biggest Problem? by Venchy: 1:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ummmmm, very good question......In my opinion plus my research, I've come to realise that one thing leads to another and that one thing is GREED, the father of all virus that can destroy any country and household at any given time.

Nigeria I hail the.
Re: What Is Africa's Biggest Problem? by porka: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
By far the greatest problem of Africa and Africans is superstition. We cant just think scientifically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDDC Has Started Recovery Work On Calabar-itu Road / Prophet Says Atiku Will Defeat PMB In 2019, Biafra Will Come To Pass & 50 More / S.W.O.T Analysis Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.