Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate (5494 Views)

Can You Marry A Non-graduate? / Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by blessme(f): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2006
Do you think it will make a good union, A graduate marrying a non graduate?

Especially with reference to a Lady, Master holder, and perhaps with professional pursuits, you think such should marry a class six holder and perhaps a petty trader? What do you all think?.

I know most times its easier for men to marry non graduates but wat do you think on the above scenario
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by whiteroses(f): 11:42am On Mar 28, 2006
i don't think it's not a good union because the man doesn't bring a promising future for you, what if you loose your job or something. it's very rare for the girl to be the graduate because the person that wants to marry you was attracted to you probably in the same university or at the bank and he gets to be the accountant of that bank not the mechanic around the corner of the canteen that took your fancy. you wouldn't even give a chance anyway.
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by queen2(f): 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
brb
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Seun(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2006
What if the "non-graduate" is rich and business-smart? Can he assure her of a good future?
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by whiteroses(f): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2006
yeah seun rich and business is very good but in this case she said a petty trader. like omolosan

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Skidoc(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2006
Hahaha @ Omo Olosan. You people just want to kill me with laughter on this forum right? grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Rhodalyn(f): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2006
is marriage about education or love? i know in this modern world, every man/lady would like to marry a graduate but then also, there's gonna be soo much competition!! the lady is gonna think, oh i've been to unni why then should i let this man bluff on me blah blah blah you know it just isnt worth it!!! i would like to marry a graduate thou!! wink but i just think marriage should be based on love and not high level of education
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by dominobaby(f): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
I don't think its a question of it's RIGHT or not but if u CAN or not.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2006
Depends on you, if it's workable by all means go for it. the best guys are not always the educated ones!
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by blessme(f): 11:16am On Mar 29, 2006
sure, davidylan, the best guys are not really the educated ones, was just asking to know the society view on such union
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Longesson(m): 11:29am On Mar 29, 2006
NEWS FLASH!!!
Bill Gates' wife is divorcing him, BECAUSE HE DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!

Who gives a "rat's arse" if one person is a graduate or not? Next we'll ask if a First Class can marry someone with a Third Class? undecided

People should spend more time thinking how they can be more productive with their university or "glorified secondary school" degrees rather than wondering if that should be an additional criteria in the search for a life partner. angry

Don't we have enough criteria already(age, race, sex,height, religion, ethnic origin, family background etc etc etc etc)

MY VERDICT: It is mortally WRONG for A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate. Anyone caught engaging in this act should he executed in 7 different ways cool
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by babymine(f): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2006
I don't see anything wrong with it. And anyways, there's always room for improvement. wink
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by chy(f): 8:37am On Mar 30, 2006
i dont think is a bad thing to do
marriage is all about care and love
there are some graduates that treat their wives as slaves
is all about individualityso go for the guy if graduate or not
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Rhodalyn(f): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2006
davidylan:

Depends on you, if it's workable by all means go for it. the best guys are not always the educated ones!
you're very right, the best gu-ys aint always the educated one's wink
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by alj(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2006
i think it depends what the degree is in -if you have a philosophy degree you will not be happy with a plumber even if he has many businesses and much wealth but if you have a business degree than you will appreciate him all the more!
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by idiotboop(f): 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2006
Serious worries for the Nigerian community if all think like this. Again Nigerian pre occupation with status, wealth, education, how people speak, how people dress, how many times people travel abroad, what schools their children go to, there is even now a hierarchy on degrees, certs, how we love accolades(Dr, chief, Enng, Surveyor,Alhaji,Bsc, Msc , ) when will we give it a rest, i thought all this will die off with new generation and all that , but it seems younger people are all doing the exact thing their parents did)

for the love of God give it all a rest, i have seen the smarted people without a degree go on and achieve things, what ever happened to personal fulfilment, taking your destiny in your hands? Everyone is too busy keeping up with the jones'.Sad.

[/quote][quote author=Longesson link=topic=9219.msg259982#msg259982 date=1143628179]
NEWS FLASH!!!
Bill Gates' wife is divorcing him, BECAUSE HE DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!

Who gives a "rat's arse" if one person is a graduate or not? Next we'll ask if a First Class can marry someone with a Third Class? undecided

People should spend more time thinking how they can be more productive with their university or "glorified secondary school" degrees rather than wondering if that should be an additional criteria in the search for a life partner. angry

Don't we have enough criteria already(age, race, sex,height, religion, ethnic origin, family background etc etc etc etc)

MY VERDICT: It is mortally WRONG for A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate. Anyone caught engaging in this act should he executed in 7 different ways cool

There is hope still thank God and thank you
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by snazzydawn(f): 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2006
Personally,I don't want to marry someone with less qualifications that I
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by IAH(f): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2006
Snazzy, so if 2face your lover (and ocho's) proposes to you, you no go gree? tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by snazzydawn(f): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2006
a big NO!!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by afrilover2(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2006
it is very right for a non graduate to marry a graduate,ifthe love is there,there is nothing to worry about because marraige is all about love,and undestanding,i dont see anything wrong in that,thanks.
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Bright2(m): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2006
Bettyboop,uv'e said it all my dear, is degree not dis one people pick from differen high institution without merrit?.A petty trader is better than those degree holder without job for 12years.
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by diyobdw(f): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2006
You shall be shocked to know how sensless and uneducated some graduates are.Have you heard about those who go through sch without sch going thruogh them? shocked
The degree you earn it not what you are made of.
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Rhodalyn(f): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2006
i give U a thumbs Up for that wink kiss kiss
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by diyobdw(f): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2006
@ Rhodalyn
u r welcome wink wink wink
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by IBCE(f): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2009
Wonderful! This is, I did post sometin similar sometime ago and I am Happy @ these responses here now.
Its a further Encouragement to me.
Tnx guys
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Phate07(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2011

Sure! Depends on some factors though. . . undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] na by choice abeg

(1) (Reply)

Am I Just Stupid Or She's Playing Hard To Get? / Why Do Guys Think Am A whor.e Before Dey Get To Really Know Me! / Am I A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.