Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? (16214 Views)

Why Do Women Really Hate Football? / Won't You Hate Football If Lionel Messi Wins The Wopty Awards Again In Barca / Does Any Guy Hate Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Excelboi(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
Only at gun point i can devote my time to go and watch football. I also hate watching football with passion. Just some few days ago, one senseless boy went to spend his school fees just to celebrate the winning of his team which they dnt even care abt him. Most guys love it but i wont condemn them for that, but as for me? Its a No,No,No!!!
NP:- i guess its waste of time and a idleness.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by damilola15: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
Don't worry, not all women like "Beauty Pageant".
grin grin
Or is there another sport.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by denitro(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
YES. IT MAKES YOU LESS THAN A MAN.
Have you noticed that it is only women who are in your league and supporting you.
SMH

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Fellywood(m): 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
With the way Chelsea is shouting the house down just because for the VERY first time they defeated the great Barca with WACK football, who will not hate football? grin grin grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by stagger: 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
A MAN WHO DOES NOT LIKE FOOTBALL DESERVES TO BE CASTRATED! WTF!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by bolargeez(m): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
Vikin: AT OP,

EVEN less men love football...

So you are more less than the lesstest tongue tongue

One word to describe you, TODDLER. I wonder why a game is a determinant of your manliness. Groupie, one of the crowd.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Dawdy(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
How can one hate football? Though excess in everything is Bad.
Up chelsea, Blue 4 life!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Reference(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
slimyem: op,you rock jor!
Who cares about football?
If i had to choose between a man who is a die-hard football fan and one who desnt give a shite bout it,i'd pic you!!
The obsession is annoying..i swear!tongue
Op...chop knuckles abegcheesy

But footy beats those sterile Colombian and Mexican soaps you love for pure, unadulterated excitement. It has everything on steroids, twice as fast and a whole lot more addictive.

Talk of heartbreak - Barca, exhiliration - Chelsea, subterfuge - UEFA, betrayal - AVB, incompetence - Cakir, heroism - Torres, blunder - Terry, love - RDM and his crew, pride - Pep, disappointment - Fabregas, pretense - Alexis, blunder - Messi and even the good ol African Magic - Drogba.

What more do you want in pure excitement, contained in just one match and the get fresh episodes week after week. Haba. Poster, change your ways oh.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Reference(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fellywood: With the way Chelsea is shouting the house down just because for the VERY first time they defeated the great Barca with WACK football, who will not hate football? grin grin grin

Ha, ha. You see what I mean. Envy, rage, depression, escapism, guilt.... classic. Pure passion.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
Football is a great sport. The greatest in fact.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by stagger: 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
Football is a true man's sport; it is not for the chicken hearted who are better off in their mother's kitchens.

What can beat the ability to tackle and take a tackle?

I broke 5 bones for football growing up. The sport made me popular in the university and got me some of the finest girls then. Nothing beats it. If I had more guidance, I would have gone to Europe to play it after my university days.

My wife cannot understand my passion for it; but she knows that when it is soccer time on DSTV, those romantic comedies and thrillers that she watches as any typical woman does, gives way totally. NON-NEGOTIABLE!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by GboyegaD(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
It depends on why you hate football. I was never a fan of football (soccer) growing up and getting to school made me hate it because all through the weekend, should you pass in front of the TV room in our various halls of residence, the air around there was always so terrible. I remember a particular hall where often times those managing the buttery would have to bring their wares outside to sell as out soccer fans would have made the buttery unbearable. The worst of it was people who never had TV at home too hyped the thing that I lost total interest. However of late, I am begining to have serious interest in sports because I can watch it in the comfort of my home and I attend all home games just to go watch games life except, soccer as I have never heard of any soccer match.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Fellywood(m): 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
[sup][/sup]
Reference:

Ha, ha. You see what I mean. Envy, rage, depression, escapism, guilt.... classic. Pure passion.

grin grin grin grin Football was sweet until chelsea wacked their way to the finals grin grin grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Well ID apology ended it all, and I was left with no choice. you know wink
Typical! Na2day?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
stagger: Football is a true man's sport; it is not for the chicken hearted who are better off in their mother's kitchens.

What can beat the ability to tackle and take a tackle?

I broke 5 bones for football growing up. The sport made me popular in the university and got me some of the finest girls then. Nothing beats it. If I had more guidance, I would have gone to Europe to play it after my university days .

My wife cannot understand my passion for it; but she knows that when it is soccer time on DSTV, those romantic comedies and thrillers that she watches as any typical woman does, gives way totally. NON-NEGOTIABLE!

Lucky you. Some guys also rocked the best of chicks for what they were known for.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
Football is Passion... It is d cure of Hypertension... Football is not wasting of time or Idleness... Football is another way of meeting different people. We r humans, we ought to socialiaze... JUST IMAGINE, A WORLD WITHOUT "GOALLLLLLL."
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by bolargeez(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
tchaik:
Sounds so GAY! WTF

This doesn't make sense. Maybe u are a gay, it takes a gay to know a gay, gay!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Fellywood(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
Bimfo: Football is Passion... It is d cure of Hypertension... Football is not wasting of time or Idleness... Football is another way of meeting different people. We r humans, we ought to socialiaze... JUST IMAGINE, A WORLD WITHOUT "GOALLLLLLL."

grin grin ;DBros, GOALLLL is sweet when beautiful football is played....not the kind chelsea plays grin grin grin grin I dey look for trouble abi? grin grin grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by BABE3: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
tchaik:
Sounds so GAY! WTF
Gaggi: Any man who hates football is gaaaaaay.

Any man who brushes his teeth twice a day is [i]ga[/i]y. Olodos!!! Americans (in general) don't fancy Football/soccer, that makes them gay? Football is the most popular sport in the world, you've tried watching the/any super bowl? That makes America a colony for [i]ga[/i]ys?

OP, good for you. Mr. A is yet to pay his child's school fees, he's busy weeping for Barcelona. lol. I used to be like Mr. A, but I've finally seen the light ... [s]when Arsenal won gimme high BP at my old age[/s]. grin

Most people supporting teams and squandering their tuition on celebrating their team's victory are clueless. They don't know jack about nothing (especially the females). The whole situation is messed up. grin Only God can save them football fans. The sport is dangerously powerful.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by sandysprax(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
U are not alone bro.I also do not like football that much and have met an Italian who does not too.I used to think i was weird cos of this fact, but it's not true.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by reeze: 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
i cant believe u came out publicly to say dis,do u knw the joy it brings to pple if u dnt lyk futball dats ur ishh....even gurls get to watch futbal dis days....watching futbal is a hobby so stop d hating broda.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Pennywise(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
Those of us who dislike football are actually in the majority. The real man sport is the pugilist trade. Not football.Too boring. Cant force my self to like it even if I tried.I do tolerate it occasionally when valued friends come around and choose to embarrass themselves watching SS. But football is out of the way at the earliest opportunity.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Esinwaju: 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
What exactly is this guy saying? That he hates football in general or that he hates foreign football and we should support our own?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Reference(m): 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fellywood: [sup][/sup]

grin grin grin grin Football was sweet until chelsea wacked their way to the finals grin grin grin

That's true sha. Life's not always fair. But after watching footy for a while, it has actually trained my emotions. Those who over-elaborate are still in school. Victories can be so good and losses make one feel downright rotten. It is a very powerful force.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Esinwaju: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
Pennywise: Those of us who dislike football are actually in the majority. The real man sport is the pugilist trade. Not football.Too boring. Cant force my self to like it even if I tried.I do tolerate it occasionally when valued friends come around and choose to embarrass themselves watching SS. But football is out of the way at the earliest opportunity.
Majority? And how did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by samfibby(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
@op. You are a whining sissy. I pray u marry a lady who loves football so guys could mock u more and maybe get to get down with her. slow poke
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by puplin(f): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
I always tell my kid sisters to know a bit of football even if they don't get to watch it. The other day she went for an exam and few of the questions asked where football/sports related..she came back and told me they asked for the full meaning of EPL and name 5 participating teams.....she didn't have a clue. If as an individual (a man in this case) you don't have interest in at least one of football, tennis, basketball or golf, then something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by chimney(m): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

The shout and war of colours are so maddening. Up Blues, Red for life, I wonder what happens to Green for life. We are so engrossed with foreign own sports we neglect our own local league. Many homes are in jeorpardy simply because the bread winner has turned viewing center to his second home. A guy in my area has turned to complete Chelsea Brand Ambassador. Whereever, he his ready to flunt his blue car, sneekers, jersey, bandana, muffler and his blue girlfriend.

I beg dont discuss with me the game of yesterday, I have a more potent dough of today to make.
FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

I hope I am not alone, blunt and candid opinions are welcomed.
you are so alone;the more you hate,the more it spreads like wild fire so better get used 2 it.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by puplin(f): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
sandysprax: U are not alone bro.I also do not like football that much and have met an Italian who does not too.I used to think i was weird cos of this fact, but it's not true.
Ok..which means you still like football...op sees it as pure waste of time.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by MmuoOkija: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
@ OP

Its either you love football or you love men!! CHOOSE!! angry
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by mukina2: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
Football is a way of life.

its not a must for every man to like it. each to his own i guess.

Just like you have females who hate things almost every female likes grin we cant all be barbies cheesy grin

that does not make non-barbie females lesser females.

its a universal sport that unites people of every race/language etc.

hate it or like it. to some its like a religion.

i love/live/breathe football and when i have a male child he MUST love it cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by mrprestige(m): 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
Dis guy must be a GAY, can U imagin, what is ur business if u like football or not, who cares, if u tink not liking football makes u less of a man, den u r not a man ok, even some ladies here will agree with me. (And dude, so wholy ALONE wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Uk Pool Week 21 4/4 Live Draws / Mikel Obi Speaks On Cameroon Game And Nigeria’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.