Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,047 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? (16190 Views)

Why Do Women Really Hate Football? / Won't You Hate Football If Lionel Messi Wins The Wopty Awards Again In Barca / Does Any Guy Hate Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by bolargeez(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2012
Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

The shout and war of colours are so maddening. Up Blues, Red for life, I wonder what happens to Green for life. We are so engrossed with foreign own sports we neglect our own local league. Many homes are in jeorpardy simply because the bread winner has turned viewing center to his second home. A guy in my area has turned to complete Chelsea Brand Ambassador. Whereever, he his ready to flunt his blue car, sneekers, jersey, bandana, muffler and his blue girlfriend.

I beg dont discuss with me the game of yesterday, I have a more potent dough of today to make.
FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

I hope I am not alone, blunt and candid opinions are welcomed.

9 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Omolola1(f): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2012
You are alone!

Watching football is fun!! No one is watching it to learn a lesson or for morality sake, Noooo! People watch football for the fun it brings and because it brings even ENEMIES together

7 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by KwachImani(f): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2012
Omolola1: You are alone!

Watching football is fun!! No one is watching it to learn a lesson or for morality sake, Noooo! People watch football for the fun it brings and because it brings even ENEMIES together
...Sorry dear....whatever...he is not alone....instead of cheering your own homegrown teams to be international leagues..you cheer European leagues...and they make money out of you......besides there are soo many other sports one can be a fan of...have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2012
AT OP,

EVEN less men love football...

So you are more less than the lesstest tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2012
Kwach Imani: ...Sorry dear....whatever...he is not alone....instead of cheering your own homegrown teams to be international leagues..you cheer European leagues...and they make money out of you......besides there are soo many other sports one can be a fan of...have a nice day!

Thank you.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by KwachImani(f): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Thank you.
..your welcome dear! smiley
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by KwachImani(f): 10:44am On Apr 25, 2012
Even Americans do not like SOCCER so much.,.that u call football...they have their own FOOTBALL.. tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by slimyem: 10:44am On Apr 25, 2012
op,you rock jor!
Who cares about football?
If i had to choose between a man who is a die-hard football fan and one who desnt give a shite bout it,i'd pic you!!
The obsession is annoying..i swear!tongue
Op...chop knuckles abegcheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by KwachImani(f): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2012
well said grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2012
OP, most ppl supporting you here are Ladies...so what does that tell you tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2012
I just don't see what people see in soccer. I mean last night I couldn't sleep (plus I had a migraine, so imagine) because of screams and shouts and singing and firecrackers and stuff.
And the amusing thing is that Torres (that's the name they were screaming. Who's Torres?) couldn't give two shits about them.
So @OP, you're not alone. My dad hates it too.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:08am On Apr 25, 2012
Emmmmh......poster u not alone,BUT! I must say I have always bin addicted to playing all d FIFA series on PS.

Dat shitzzz is amazing! cheesy
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Tinkybabe(f): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2012
op,I love you for hating football cheesy..the game sucks!the obsession of some guys with it makes it worse.you are not alone dear and it doesn't make you less of a man. In fact it shows that you are a strong man,to say it out loud .
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo: Emmmmh......poster u not alone,BUT! I must say I have always bin addicted to playing all d FIFA series on PS.

ID wats up? Longest Tym...
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2012
kunletiwoo:

ID wats up? Longest Tym...
Hey u! Hows d goings going? U didnt finish out gist o,i was getting all excited to no d how it played out na.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Daresh(f): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2012
I love footbal, though I'm not a crazy fan. My husband is like you and doesn't even bother about the game.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2012
How does this relate to romance?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by mecussey(m): 11:53am On Apr 25, 2012
op, do you know i can predict your character from this topic. Certainly, you dont drink beer, you are very selective when it comes to women, and some how a bad fellow unconsiously ( that is not knowing that you are not as nice as you think you are); no offence pls. Football is just fun to those who love it and its very good to the health, ask doctor. My testosterone level rose by 100 percent yday just bc chelsea won barca, is nt that good enough? Our league is messed up, just like fg, thats why we find it difficult to watch it. Everybody must not love food ball but i think all men should be alike, watch every game and you will soon discover what draws men attention. I also think our homone is responsible, thats why most women dont like it and prefer home video.

7 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by fubbyy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
What is this topic doing here? Moderators are you guys sleeping?
@ topic, poster you are confused because your words are contradicting,you opened a thread of not liking football and along the line you were advicing us to support local league which is still football,anyway you are lucky not to raise the issue that yesternyt,you for see the one wey senior bishop and if jude my elder brother was there you for see the one wey senior pope,you are smart enough for openinin this crap in the romance section where you will see chicks that will support you,why not open in sports section where die hard football fans are discussing and see ,this topic is too romansick 2 be here.

9 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by apache77(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
you are alone o.continue watching dia ini edo, and rita dominic your africa magic, cine afriq and movie africa then

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by ujchief(m): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
what else do u do as a hobby? Everyone includes a hobby in their cv, showing how important extra-curricular activities are.
Try joining the ladies at the sallon for a dose of gosip, thats what they do as a hobby.
I dont envy u one bit!
The ladies tend to hate futbal as its the only thing that takes away the atention of their man from them, selfish indeed.

5 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by deshclones(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo: Emmmmh......poster u not alone,BUT! I must say I have always bin addicted to playing all d FIFA series on PS.

you on point swerri...this brother has a massive collection of ps games..backed with a 12year gaming experience...just say yes to me nah and all those collections(original winning eleven c.ds)including a brandnew cha cha ps3 will be yours.. grin grin

N.B...i dont want to friend you..i want to do you... wink wink wink
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Hey u! Hows d goings going? U didnt finish out gist o,i was getting all excited to no d how it played out na.

Well ID apology ended it all, and I was left with no choice. you know wink
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by dabrake(m): 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

The shout and war of colours are so maddening. Up Blues, Red for life, I wonder what happens to Green for life. We are so engrossed with foreign own sports we neglect our own local league. Many homes are in jeorpardy simply because the bread winner has turned viewing center to his second home. A guy in my area has turned to complete Chelsea Brand Ambassador. Whereever, he his ready to flunt his blue car, sneekers, jersey, bandana, muffler and his blue girlfriend.

I beg dont discuss with me the game of yesterday, I have a more potent dough of today to make.
FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

i can swear you are a programmer
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Reference(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
Kwach Imani: ...Sorry dear....whatever...he is not alone....instead of cheering your own homegrown teams to be international leagues..you cheer European leagues...and they make money out of you......besides there are soo many other sports one can be a fan of...have a nice day!

The world is a global village. Tommorrow it could be ours the world watches. But wait a minute. Don't tell me all you enjoy watching is entirely home grown. That I won't believe.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by maclatunji: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
@topic, not at all.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by mygsmnairacom(m): 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
OP, if that's your own perspective, it's ok. Just don't become judgemental when putting across your point.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by chuks49(m): 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
Typical Narcist
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by achi4u(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
i can die playing football but go and watch it...hmmm,atimes once a week because the obession is 3much which annoyed me the more.the other day one st.upid fellow blow his 70k meant for his schol fees because he is a madrid fan(belt)gringrin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
Any man who hates football is gaaaaaay.

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Canisma(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
The poster is asking if hating football makes him less of a man.
=
my answer is YES.
He would find out that even his FEW friends are also less of a man.
I wonder the things you ll discuss with correct dudes like me and other correct Nairalanders. You ll just be boring to your fellow guys. I have seen people like you and you guys suck. BIG TIME.
Im sure you dont know anything about politics too.
YOU RE LESS OF A MAN.
Give it up for football.
Its just a game, but What A Game.

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by tchaik(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

Sounds so GAY! WTF

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing / Top 10 Highest Paying Sports In The World. / Juventus Lost To Ronaldo In Arbitration. Ordered To Pay The Debt Owed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.