Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? (16216 Views)

Why Do Women Really Hate Football? / Won't You Hate Football If Lionel Messi Wins The Wopty Awards Again In Barca / Does Any Guy Hate Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by busybee24: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
You dont support football or play into it and yet you are creating a thread about it- kinda counterproductive dont you think?

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
lalaosky:
Lwkmd...hahahahahahaahah...this defeat really broke all your joints....ahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahaahahahahah....take heart man
Ro ra re rin na. Ewo lo de? Hide ur molars my friend! tongue
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
mukina2: Football is a way of life.

its not a must for every man to like it. each to his own i guess.

Just like you have females who hate things almost every female likes grin we cant all be barbies cheesy grin

that does not make non-barbie females lesser females.

its a universal sport that unites people of every race/language etc.

hate it or like it. to some its like a religion.

i love/live/breathe football and when i have a male child he MUST love it cheesy

D gods has spoken...OP,listen to grandma mukina cos she speaks truth all the tym...lwkmd
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
Richvkunt:

While I have nothing against the essence of your post,I totally disagree with your postulation that Americans in general don't fancy football.
Since the 1994 World cup tournament that took place in the United States Footballor soccer as it is called states side has been on the rise as a sport in America.This rise in intrest can also be seen in the position of the American team in all the world cup tournaments that have taken place since 1994.
The American MLS franchise is also one of the fastest rising leagues in the world if you consider the amount of money used to prise David Beckham away from Europe.
I do not think football/soccer is more dangerously powerful than Music or movies or television.

to add to what u wrote... U didnt hear abt a fan that mistakenly kill her baby for crying when she was enjoying the match btw ghana and usa ...2010 world cup.... Go to goal.com/us and see uncountable numbers of american soccer fan... Football has gone beyond a game
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by bigx(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
Football = 6.25% of the day wasted! angry
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
fubbyy: What is this topic doing here? Moderators are you guys sleeping?
@ topic, poster you are confused because your words are contradicting,you opened a thread of not liking football and along the line you were advicing us to support local league which is still football,anyway you are lucky not to raise the issue that yesternyt,you for see the one wey senior bishop and if jude my elder brother was there you for see the one wey senior pope,you are smart enough for openinin this crap in the romance section where you will see chicks that will support you,why not open in sports section where die hard football fans are discussing and see ,this topic is too romansick 2 be here.
Preach on bro...notin doesth you
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by puplin(f): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
sandysprax:

Knowledge.Like someone said earlier, i'd rather be caught watching NATGEO or Discovery than Super Sports 3 or whatever channel it is u guyz watch it.
So, u mean their is no knowledge gained in watching a football match or being a fan? Are u aware that some universites have been putting football related questions in their entrance exams? C'mon, there is time to relax your brain...do u do/follow any sports?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by joanana(f): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
FOOTBALL or soccer is fun!!!! i love the excitement. I love playing n watching lawn tennis and table tennis.

OP there's nothing wrong in hating football, one mans meat is another mans poison , ok! wink wink wink wink
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
I think football is one overrated sport #JustSayin'
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by beautifulzerah(f): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
It doesn't mk u less of a man. We can't all go the same way or completely love same things. U don't have to love it because it's you.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by puplin(f): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
busybee24: You dont support football or play into it and yet you are creating a thread about it- kinda counterproductive dont you think?
ok...loud it, let him hear.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
bigx: Football = 6.25% of the day wasted! angry

People make real money in the morning not at nights. cheesy
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by kilimanjaro(m): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Rude!!!!!! grin grin
Omo flanbush! Don't mind that girl jare, she initially insulted we that love football. She could have just made a comment on a neutral level like others have been doing.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by BABE3: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
Richvkunt:

While I have nothing against the essence of your post,I totally disagree with your postulation that Americans in general don't fancy football.
Since the 1994 World cup tournament that took place in the United States Footballor soccer as it is called states side has been on the rise as a sport in America.This rise in intrest can also be seen in the position of the American team in all the world cup tournaments that have taken place since 1994.
The American MLS franchise is also one of the fastest rising leagues in the world if you consider the amount of money used to prise David Beckham away from Europe.
I do not think football/soccer is more dangerously powerful than Music or movies or television.

I remember this dude. I see you've turned a new leaf. They've baptized you with holy water in the family section.

There's a rise in popularity. Ok. You can't compare that to NFL/NBA status, can you?. . . or even MLB. . .

Stop ten Americans on a street in NY today, and ask them to choose between Soccer or Football. 9 out of 10 will choose Football.

9jadelta:

to add to what u wrote... U didnt hear abt a fan that mistakenly kill her baby for crying when she was enjoying the match btw ghana and usa ...2010 world cup.... Go to goal.com/us and see uncountable numbers of american soccer fan... Football has gone beyond a game

Uncountable? Ehn, compare that uncountable number to the numbers of American football fans in USA.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by darajo: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
am with u I play football but not to worship some club and boys making their money when I cant gey a kobo in retune......
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ro ra re rin na. Ewo lo de? Hide ur molars my friend! tongue
Lol...d guy z seriously hurtin..i couldnt help but laugh...BTW,wetin ur yoruba words mean...i dont understnad yoruba...am igbo.hope u werent yabbin me cos i no badosky z a swthrt...lol
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Coefficient(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
Beats me why you hate football. Different strokes for different folks anyway. I love football but am no fanatic.

Lest I forget, I remember you're the one whose female friends are getting married and you still wanna keep up with them. Na wa 4 u oh. You're one kinda weird dude. You hate football, you wan dey cling ur married female friends. Good luck (with the Jonathan if you like)
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Emphasis(m): 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
BABE!:

Will you sharap?! Americans fancy Baseball, American Football, Basketball, Hockey and Golf.

Just so you know, Hockey and Golf come before Football in the United States.

You wanna compare NFL to MLS...in terms of popularity...in America?

Hello warrior, whats biting u? Can u go thru my comment and tell me where i said football/soccer is prefered over baseball, basketball and american football?
Sure there are order of priority doesnt mean they dont fancy soccer, get the understanding before u comment, am sure u have no knowledge of what fancy means. Don't bring ur day's stress on me.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
@op You musn't like it and i want to believe u have other means of catching fun. But to tell u something u are really missing. Every week, new episodes. Is it that wonderful moment iniesta scores a 94th min stunner or when rooney scores a bicycle kick against city, to the awkward moments united gets mauled 6-1 by city or when torres misses an empty net against a utd ? Gosh !
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by BABE3: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
9jadelta:

You wanna know why soccer was "huge" in America in 2010 world cup?Here's why. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0&ob=av2e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBD9h0jUq3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI4sDx6SGwA

Very catchy set of songs. They were on the lips of everyone. It was also "huge" because Africa/South Africa was the host. Don't you know Americans love Africa? cheesy. . . Africa is "intriguing".
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Omo flanbush! Don't mind that girl jare, she initially insulted we that love football. She could have just made a comment on a neutral level like others have been doing.
Kilimanjagons! U still mean! tongue

lalaosky:
Lol...d guy z seriously hurtin..i couldnt help but laugh...BTW,wetin ur yoruba words mean...i dont understnad yoruba...am igbo.hope u werent yabbin me cos i no badosky z a swthrt...lol
Am a sweeriepie as always,I was only admiring ur molars.So chill out! dem don comot subsidy

Breathe!!!! grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
i struggled to watch yesterdays chelsea barca

they woke me up at the end of it.
ihate it
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by mygsmnairacom(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
Now that we've all aired our opinions - It's almost time for the match.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by BABE3: 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
"Hello dude, whats biting u? Can u go thru my comment and tell me where i said football/soccer is prefered over baseball, basketball and american football?
Sure there are order of priority doesnt mean they dont fancy soccer, get the understanding before u comment, am sure u have no knowledge of what fancy means. Don't bring ur day's stress on me."

Nigerians (in general) don't fancy Baseball.

Do I have to type out "baseball is not as popular as Football in Nigeria", for you to understand what that meant? Olodo.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Reference(m): 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
BABE!:

How the Mighty have fallen.. The young shall grow.. You'll make it with determination and hard work..

You have to be a football fanatic before those cliches sink into your head? ? Those are normal, everyday, lessons. How many people actually pay attention to those things while watching football sef...? How many people really reflect? ?

My guy, too much of everything is bad..bad..bad. I'm a fan of people supporting their clubs/teams normally, with moderation. However, when your fanaticism starts to affect you and people around you, (where's Coogar? grin )then something needs to change.

No ma'am you make it by love and attraction. That's the easiest route. If you don't have a passion for what you do or what you learn (for students) your days will surely be long. Sport is one of the most powerful tools of learning. The very nature of man is competitive so he brings his passion, his character into the practice. There are no pretenses. Yes, sometimes it brings the worst in a man but these are also instruments of education.

I have seen stony faced men smile and gentlemen crack up. Am sure even the wives, sons and daughters never knew their husbands until that day.

Yes, football is the 90-minute self examination. It is more than sport. It is a window on humanity itself.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Esinwaju: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
oomen: I hate football with passion! The attention being invested on it by it's fans is really upsetting and not worth it.No serious minded man with good future ambition would sit to watch football for that long period of time that a match lasts.
Do you mind telling us what you do to unwind?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Emphasis(m): 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
So watching Netgeo and discovery channels makes one productive... What have u invented/discovered yet? Lol.
Why spend time on hatred thread, when u have works to do and books to read? Lol Inconsistency @ its peak.
its time for madrid vs Bayern... See u later
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Kilimanjagons! U still mean! tongue

Am a sweeriepie as always,I was only admiring ur molars.So chill out! dem don comot subsidy

Breathe!!!! grin
Idowuigbo, Idowugbana, Idowuogogoro. Nothing do me.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by tpia5: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
no, it doesnt make you less of a man @ topic.

people have different interests.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by cindyrella(f): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
I am not a football freak but i love the game.. the cheer and shouts just adds to the fun joor!!

@op i don't think you not liking football makes u less a man.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nicols(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
I thought I'm the only guy that detest football.
OP: you're not alone bro.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
Canisma: The poster is asking if hating football makes him less of a man.
=
my answer is YES.
He would find out that even his FEW friends are also less of a man.
I wonder the things you ll discuss with correct dudes like me and other correct Nairalanders. You ll just be boring to your fellow guys. I have seen people like you and you guys suck. BIG TIME.
Im sure you dont know anything about politics too.
YOU RE LESS OF A MAN.
Give it up for football.
Its just a game, but What A Game.

You are such a doufus , so one who doesn't watch soccer wouldn't know anything bout politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Uk Pool Week 21 4/4 Live Draws / Mikel Obi Speaks On Cameroon Game And Nigeria’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.