Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Does She Have A Right To My Phone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does She Have A Right To My Phone? (2543 Views)

Why Does She Like To Wear My Boxers N Shirt When She Comes Over / What Does She Mean By Uploading This?! **pics** / Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by DeBlunt: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
My girl subjects me to a routine phone check on regular intervals, in which she checks my call logs, chats and texts. Last week I refused her from such checks and she got mad, I opted to leave her house but she insisted on throwing me out naked (it was abt 8am, I had just a boxer-short on). I refused and suggested to her that I dressed up first but she got violent and tried to push me out. After much tussle I decided to let her win cos she was creating a scene and she had scarred me badly with her nails. I was thrown out into the corridor with just a short on(embarrassed) and she kept releasing a piece of my clothing to me every 5mins (not funny) but she never released my phone and insisted i give her the unlock password.

I have decided to call it quits with her as this is the third time she has gone physical on me and I am afraid I might retaliate someday and get myself into serious trouble. The problem is she still has my phone. So I ask does a girlfriend have any right over her guy's phone?
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Ariyke: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
this is absurd hw can she get violent cus she want to access ur phone what she's doing is wrong cus i cant do dat she's got no right to ur phone unless u allow her
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by slimyem: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
you know the answer to your question and you have already decided what to do.
Go get your phone back and do as you like.
Simple!
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by DeBlunt: 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
Thanks ladies.
she made look like it was her right, especially when she said " I shouldn't be bothered if I have nothing to hide" but I feel its an infringement into my privacy.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by luckgames(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
De~Blunt:
[b]My girl subjects me to a routine phone check on regular intervals, in which she checks my call logs, chats and texts. [/b]Last week I refused her from such checks and she got mad, I opted to leave her house but she insisted on throwing me out naked (it was abt 8am, I had just a boxer-short on). I refused and suggested to her that I dressed up first but she got violent and tried to push me out. After much tussle I decided to let her win cos she was creating a scene and she had scarred me badly with her nails. I was thrown out into the corridor with just a short on(embarrassed) and she kept releasing a piece of my clothing to me every 5mins (not funny) but she never released my phone and insisted i give her the unlock password.

I have decided to call it quits with her as this is the third time she has gone physical on me and I am afraid I might retaliate someday and get myself into serious trouble. The problem is she still has my phone. So I ask does a girlfriend have any right over her guy's phone?

Let her walk
No woman should check her boyfriend phone
She is getting physical - unacceptable for any individual to put his/her hands on her man or woman
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
@OP. She needs beating. Beat her very well & get ur phone and don't call her again. She will come back begging. Mind you don't break d relationship with her. But if she decides to quit on her own, accept it. Na jealousy dey worry her.

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by nat138: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
OP, you allowed it from the beginning, that is why she felt it was her right and the way it should be. Try and get your phone from her and take a walk. Let her carry out her insecurities on someone else. And this should be a cue to you for subsequent relationship(s), whatever you allow from the beginning will become a way of doing things.

For God's sake everybody should be entitled to their privacy abeg.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
^^ exactly!!!
@OP
the first time she tried that shiit, you should have said NO. now you are in this mess and ask why? thats YOUR fault, bro.
go get your phone back, drop this violent crazy woman IMMEDIATELY, and move on with your life!!!
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by SAFO(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ditto what Mr. BJ (Hehe) and nat138 said. This is why you have to put your foot down early on in the relationship. I had a similar encounter with a girl who used to act out like this because her ex allowed it. As soon as I noticed the trend i quickly dumped her before it got too serious. This one was well beyond salvaging, she was stuck in her ways.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Saraha1(f): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
Only my husband can have access to my phone when I marry,but that will happen if he allows me to check his phone as well
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by DeBlunt: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2012
I guess you guys are right, I shouldn't have allowed it from the beginning but i thought it harmless as i needed to get her trust then but she got addicted.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
De~Blunt:
I guess you guys are right, I shouldn't have allowed it from the beginning but i thought it harmless as i needed to get her trust then but she got addicted.

if she trusted you she wouldnt need to check your phone...... and letting her check it would never solve her insecurity/trust issues. unless you did something that warranted the phone check (receive suspicious phone calls etc), there is NO REASON under the sun why she should check it.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by luckgames(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

if she trusted you she wouldnt need to check your phone...... and letting her check it would never solve her insecurity/trust issues. unless you did something that warranted the phone check (receive suspicious phone calls etc), there is NO REASON under the sun why she should check it.

MRbrownJay is a woman

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Killz3(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
luckgames:

MRbrownJay is a woman
And you must be a little girl. . .

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by luckgames(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
~Killz~:

And you must be a little girl. . .
Great
~Killz~ and MRbrownJay is one and the same?
Right?

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Killz3(m): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
De~Blunt:
My girl subjects me to a routine phone check on regular intervals, in which she checks my call logs, chats and texts. Last week I refused her from such checks and she got mad, I opted to leave her house but she insisted on throwing me out naked (it was abt 8am, I had just a boxer-short on). I refused and suggested to her that I dressed up first but she got violent and tried to push me out. After much tussle I decided to let her win cos she was creating a scene and she had scarred me badly with her nails. I was thrown out into the corridor with just a short on(embarrassed) and she kept releasing a piece of my clothing to me every 5mins (not funny) but she never released my phone and insisted i give her the unlock password.

You mean she did it previously and you kept mute? Bro, there's a difference between being gentle and being a "mumu". . . Hope you know sha. . .
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Killz3(m): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
luckgames:
Great
~Killz~ and MRbrownJay is one and the same?
Right?
And for just finding out, you are a what? A Fool!
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Adaeze003(f): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
ehya... You know what to do so do it asap!
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by luckgames(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
~Killz~:

And for just finding out, you are a what? A Fool!
You are a dumb B
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
Poster am sorry,but u some fat pusssssieeee! U allowed routine checks for wat? Come, u gave her d lead so woeva u get is a bonus to ur handwork.

Rubbishhh!!! Smelly boi! angry
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by luckgames(m): 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo: Poster am sorry,but u some fat pusssssieeee! U allowed routine checks for wat? Come, u gave her d lead so woeva u get is a bonus to ur handwork.

I like your view of things lot of time
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by cowgurl: 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
De~Blunt:
My girl subjects me to a routine phone check on regular intervals, in which she checks my call logs, chats and texts. Last week I refused her from such checks and she got mad, I opted to leave her house but she insisted on throwing me out naked (it was abt 8am, I had just a boxer-short on). I refused and suggested to her that I dressed up first but she got violent and tried to push me out. After much tussle I decided to let her win cos she was creating a scene and she had scarred me badly with her nails. U were thrown out into the corridor with just a short on(embarrassed) and she kept releasing a piece of ur clothing to u every 5mins (not funny) but she never released my phone and insisted i give her the unlock password.

Lyk seriously she did dat? Lmsao. Am sowi Op, I ad 2 do dat. Alryt @ Topic; IMHO, she's gat no right goin tru ur fon so it's best u cal it quit b4 u do sth nasty 2 er. So dust ur sowi a.s.s up, go 2 er n request 4 ur fon as a MAN would.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by AmakaG29(f): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
First, that chick cray. Second, no she did not have a right to violate your privacy. Third, it's stupid because you could delete anything incriminating and she'd never see it. There are more effective ways to build trust in a relationship.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by DeBlunt: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
Idowuogbo: Poster am sorry,but u some fat pusssssieeee! U allowed routine checks for wat? Come, u gave her d lead so woeva u get is a bonus to ur handwork.

aint no pusssie ma'am, like i said i thought it was harmless cos she was so friendly about it at first. quit sniffin too wink
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by DeBlunt: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
~Killz~:

You mean she did it previously and you kept mute? Bro, there's a difference between being gentle and being a "mumu". . . Hope you know sha. . .

I get your point dude buh I never knew it would get a point when she would start insisting she goes through my phone, initially i thought she was just acting up buh now I know she's gone crazy (point noted)
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by LailaIkeji1: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
nahhh, wat she did is sooo unacceptable. not cool at all.

but sincerely, i wouldnt like it if i hav to get my man's approval to unlock his phone either. i cant b in a relationship where my partner n i dont kno each oda's passwords. not cool either cool
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Killz3(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
Laila Ikeji: nahhh, wat she did is sooo unacceptable. not cool at all.

but sincerely, i wouldnt like it if i hav to get my man's approval to unlock his phone either. i cant b in a relationship where my partner n i dont kno each oda's passwords. not cool either cool
You are on a what? You are on a long thing!

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2012

No wonder you and killz are making the best of couple.
Is this how other sane ladies here responded?
Show me your friend and i will tell you who you are
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by ijebabe: 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
De~Blunt:

LOL! Go back and get your phone, she's in the wrong. Just make sure you're in tight leotards so that there is no part 2 to this story smiley
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by cindyrella(f): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
Touch my phone Seriously? What for? Touch any other thing except my phone and my handbag pls..

Op you allowed it in the first place. go and collect your phone and dump her like a bad habit.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by MrsChima(f): 1:19am On Apr 26, 2012
De~Blunt:

You don't have right to her phone.
Re: Does She Have A Right To My Phone? by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 26, 2012
De~Blunt:

Excuse me laugh a lil-b grin grin grin. Ok this is exactly why I tell people "do not start what you can't finish" no matter what that is. In a every relationship I have a to do and not to do list/rules and respecting my privacy is the #1 rule. Yea I sure will respect yours. I guide my cellphone(s) the same way as my social security number and sorry no chick is allowed to touch my phone unless there's emergency and during this emergency it should be strictly calls only.

Now throwing you out of his apartment naked because you denied her access to your own cellphone says a lot about her bitchy, rude and insecurity issues. Dump her arss.

Don't be a chicken, eat it cheesy I guess you are one of em niggaz who agrees on everything at start just to get laid cheesy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies...what would you do if your man tells you that he is leaving? / U'll Check Out @ missberrypop5 Pic! She's Freaking Hot Like Lava!!! / Ladies Which One Will You Choose From This 7 Types Of Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.