Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures (53027 Views)

Ambrose Alli University In Pictures / Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by successking: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2012
Thank God he is a Nigerian, God bless you papa and more power to your elbow.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by iykay4455(m): 9:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
Lovely buildings
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Ninilowo(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
Through Jesus Christ our Lord; amen amen ameby the grace of Almighty God; amen amen amen
Iwaka waka waka
I see see see........
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by odesiri: 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
the question is , can the ordinary Nigeria afford the school fees of schooling hare?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by jeddyMay(f): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
fados4sure: That is Landmark university in Irepodun Local government area Omu Aran, Kwara state. Where i did my NYSC.

Must u push it 2our face, "where i did my NYSC" Pele Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by erad(m): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
Lol... Very funny ironic country. A country where d poor contribute to d making of sumfin gud n can't reap d benefit of that thing... A country where religion has eroded common sense... A country where thousands of loyal church members weep day n night dt their kids haven't gained admission despite performing well in required exams meanwhile their general overseer actually has he school dey can't afford to tk their kids too... I'm nt against anybody o, jst saying ma own... Pls let Pastor Oyedepo tell us if he didn't attend a missionary sch at any stage of his life n let us knw hw much he paid to attend dose schools at all levels. If dis was hw dose missionary schools charged back den, will he be wat he is today Let's be rational pls... To me, d church in general of today has lost its purpose...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Yorisb: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
jeddyMay:

Must u push it 2our face, "where i did my NYSC" Pele Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo

Lol grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2012
Someone said, the politicians should do something this man has done, which is some way true, but then, they can't because...bla bla is watching them, but instead they go to other countries and create employment for people from other countries.

Now Bishop Oyedepo understands the level of unemployment in this country, and trust me, if so much was invested in building such school, why didn't he set up a company and help some graduates out there who don't have jobs, because you can't tell me you would accept a graduate to become a lecturer in your school, If nestle can pound in 4.5billion naira into the building of another plant which will in turn create employment to over 7,000 people, then i think that is an aim to reducing something, but then, you have built a school only for the rich to attend, and yet when they leave school, they have no jobs, yet, are not even productive in what they were taught, or the way they were brought up in such schools, needless to say they have no idea of what the word 'university' is all about..So in the reak sense, this is a major development in the sight of just one man, for himself, and making more money. That is my view anyway.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by josga: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
Pls as u guys reply/comment beware of blasphemy. Dont say nasty things about God's servant. Its a great SIN
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by ebamma(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
na our money were we dey pay tithe and sow seed be dat, hope say the tuition fees go be someting were middle class guys go fit afford
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by imparable7(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
good
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2012
So glad to born at your time,God bless Bishop Oyedepo.if u don't like him go hug transformer or go start your own church. There is no law stopin anyone to start a church in naija.fowl mouth ppl.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by coolguy2002: 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
nice
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by CyberG: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
erad: Lol... Very funny ironic country. A country where d poor contribute to d making of sumfin gud n can't reap d benefit of that thing... A country where religion has eroded common sense... A country where thousands of loyal church members weep day n night dt their kids haven't gained admission despite performing well in required exams meanwhile their general overseer actually has he school dey can't afford to tk their kids too... I'm nt against anybody o, jst saying ma own... Pls let Pastor Oyedepo tell us if he didn't attend a missionary sch at any stage of his life n let us knw hw much he paid to attend dose schools at all levels. If dis was hw dose missionary schools charged back den, will he be wat he is today Let's be rational pls... To me, d church in general of today has lost its purpose...

For starters, I am not Oyedepo's mouth piece. Here: I think the level of intellectual discourse is declining so fast among most Nigerians and pathetically in Ife - certainly not the Great Ife I attended just a few years ago. Mr. Man, use your brain and answer the following questions:

1. Can you tell us how missionary schools of those days was funded? Teachers, principals, janitors, etc were hired and paid, did they work for free and if not, who paid to run the school?

2. If kids and people wept day and night to get into university, it means among other things that opportunities (or spaces) in school is limited. So for example, these days >1 Million students need to find places in university and assuming even a 50% were admissible after passing, are there enough schools and course of their choice available? If not, whose job is it to build schools, equip and run them? If the person has not done his job properly for > 20 years, and YOU yourself have NOT built even a nursery school yet, do you have a right to complain or rather commend someone who does?

3. Do you know that Oyedepo works harder than you have ever worked all your life, has a wife and kids and assuming (just assuming) he had so much money, who should he take care of? His family or millions of Nigerians who let thieves steal their commonwealth while defending them?

4. If you score high marks (I mean not just merely attain minimum passing scores), you will be admitted. Even in foreign universities (and I know what I am talking about 'cos I've been there), you are told explicitly that attaining and surpassing the minimum requirements is NOT a guarantee for admission. Even in a course, scoring 90% will not necessarily mean you get an A because if most of your other classmates are scoring 99.5%..99%...98% and class average sits at 94%, you could be staring down a D or E very easily.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by CyberG: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
dadaic: Someone said, the politicians should do something this man has done, which is some way true, but then, they can't because...bla bla is watching them, but instead they go to other countries and create employment for people from other countries.

Now Bishop Oyedepo understands the level of unemployment in this country, and trust me, if so much was invested in building such school, why didn't he set up a company and help some graduates out there who don't have jobs, because you can't tell me you would accept a graduate to become a lecturer in your school, If nestle can pound in 4.5billion naira into the building of another plant which will in turn create employment to over 7,000 people, then i think that is an aim to reducing something, but then, you have built a school only for the rich to attend, and yet when they leave school, they have no jobs, yet, are not even productive in what they were taught, or the way they were brought up in such schools, needless to say they have no idea of what the word 'university' is all about..So in the reak sense, this is a major development in the sight of just one man, for himself, and making more money. That is my view anyway.

You are funny Mr. Man. For starters, if building these universities did not create jobs; did he build all of them by himself overnight or he called the house out from under the ground or from space? LOL. FYI, to build these structures, he has created and generated more economic activities in the real sector than some states of the country who just take oil money and loot the coffers into insolvency! In case you don't get it, several hundreds of workmen would have been involved to physically build the structure, project managers, architects, cooks and food sellers (to feed the workmen), drivers, cement (dangote, etc), gas or diesel stations, etc. Now after it's all built and school starts, is it not human beings that will be the professors and teachers in the school or that is not employment? The buildings need to be maintained, looked after, repainted, swept, etc is that not employment? As for the comment about the rich going to the school, how much do you think Nigerian students pay in foreign countries or do you think it is cheaper? In fact, you will pay out of state tuition fees which could be at least 2X that of a resident. So, school fees of 20K - 30K per year could be expected but how much does he charge in Covenant Uni? Someone said 350K, Unilag now charges 350K or do you want the place run aground because charges are so insufficient to run the place to standard until it fold-up?

Finally, he does not OWE you or anyone a JOB or to CREATE even a shitting toilet - what have you done for yourself or anyone? He never said he is an entrepreneur, that is what Adenuga, Dangote, Otedola...and YOUR OWN SELF do or can do and another person "manufactures" the man power that will run the country and businesses. Mr. Man, go and contribute something first and stop complaining!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by OneNaira6: 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2012
It's actually a decent looking school. Way better than all Nigerian Universities I know so far. Bishop Oyedepo I support am
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by OdunetLbs: 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
I tire Oooº°˚

deshclones:

lol..you have uniben,ekpoma,auchi poly,igbinedion and benson idahosa universities there nah...or na so education dey shack una there
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
The way some people on this forum defend Oyedepo leaves me stunned. There is no difference between the passionate intensity of their utterances and that of muslims defending Mohammed. They are ready to smash skulls in. Someone has even called him 3 persons in one. Which leaves me to ask, is he now likened to The Almighty God? Beware people.
Elijah didn't need anyone to fight his battles.

If we were to look at things Biblically, a man of God should devote himself to serving God, not opening one business venture after another. But of course, his followers are ready to give me a sharp worded answer....no insults please. Read Jude 2:11
Nigerians church affiliation!!! That is not the way to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
tinnymerit: @ cyril83,so do you know that Babcock is being owned by Adventist church you claimed owned one university in utah?,do you know how much they are paying there?.Presently the 100 level student of medicine are paying 10000dollars(around 1.6m) per session.i am a std of that sch and i knw wat the church is taking out of us stds.Meanwhile if you think they charge too much then look at facilities on ground coupled with the uni expenses(electricity,water,security,feeding etc).like smb rightly said they are not running voluntary organization,you want education without distrupt go there,lest i forget lasu is charging 350k now for some courses and osun uni also around that range but if theres strike they will follow suit. Though out of all babcock doesnt worth its money.
do u knw wia babcock is sited @ll...for u tellin pple dat babcock is payin 1.6 million naira makes u an ignorant of all...if babcock is payin 10000usd then ao much is di best university "havard" in di whole world payin...u dnt even sound like pple dt eva steppd into any institution gate
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2012
kkk17: The way some people on this forum defend Oyedepo leaves me stunned. There is no difference between the passionate intensity of their utterances and that of muslims defending Mohammed. They are ready to smash skulls in. Someone has even called him 3 persons in one. Which leaves me to ask, is he now likened to The Almighty God? Beware people.
Elijah didn't need anyone to fight his battles.

If we were to look at things Biblically, a man of God should devote himself to serving God, not opening one business venture after another. But of course, his followers are ready to give me a sharp worded answer....no insults please. Read Jude 2:11
Nigerians church affiliation!!! That is not the way to heaven.
tell them my brother....somebdy even said di offering and di tithe is nothing to them buh yet they won't stop extorting poor pple in other enrich dia pocket...wats all diz for we dnt knw u as business man,we only knw u as man of God,pple like u shud be more concerned abt di welfare of di masses
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
celeboi: @Nikki6....there is no how you can satisfy Nigerians. Ibori stole money and deposit in UK we are all criticizing him. Here is someone trying to make the Educational standard of this country a better one. For your info they power the School with Generator 24/7 at 400k tuition fees. You can also Iron your clothes using Generator....is there any school in Nigeria that can offer such. Do you have common Toilet in UI? UNILAG? and the rest?

The Library is well equipped with international standard with current books for research and also note that the school is giving 100% Scholarship for anyone who choose to study agriculture..Some of the Lecturers were trained in Israel.

Are you aware the Federal Government gave out 9 Billion to build Nine Universities...while this man spent 7 Billion to built Landmark..? Shame on you haters and our political leaders. Bishop Oyedepo may you continue to strive and do well...more grease to your elbow.

Just to inform you he has just acquired a land to build the world Biggest Estate. 150 thousand Housing Unit...on a 52 Kilometer of Land. he is currently building another auditorium with 250 thousand sitters...Go and Hug Transformer...if you are beafing this man.

Is covenant not the university that was sued sometimes back for plaiarism? Where then is the standard?
I am not against his achievements but I think they hype is too much. If you tell me that school is worth N7b again, I swear, I go give you slap online abi you no know wetin N7billion be?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
gaffer: I keep saying these if you continue to beef and hate this man, you can't be rich n wealthy
No right tinking person will prefer to stay poverty strickened
Watch wat u say about this man
look @ diz illiterate slowpoke...r u my God besides who's talkin abt hatred hia...while pple were debating abt muslims and boko haram I bliv u r among di pple who were struckin and lambastin prophet mohammed (SAW)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
walex2: [color=#006600][/color]nairalanders pls let us learn and stop "value judgement" oyedepo has never claimed that covenant and landmark universities belong to him, this is a missionary school just like Redeemer university of redeem church. We have access to internet pls google it. I attends winners chapel and am giving you the raal info.

Are you actually for real that you don't know who owns Covenant and Landmark Universities or you are just trying to make a defence for him?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by NewsUni: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
All Nigerian students should be a part of this: www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-Nigerian-Tertiary-InstitutionsVNTI/362095437154273 Find out why
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2012
tinnymerit: @ cyril83,so do you know that Babcock is being owned by Adventist church you claimed owned one university in utah?,do you know how much they are paying there?.Presently the 100 level student of medicine are paying 10000dollars(around 1.6m) per session.i am a std of that sch and i knw wat the church is taking out of us stds.Meanwhile if you think they charge too much then look at facilities on ground coupled with the uni expenses(electricity,water,security,feeding etc).like smb rightly said they are not running voluntary organization,you want education without distrupt go there,lest i forget lasu is charging 350k now for some courses and osun uni also around that range but if theres strike they will follow suit. Though out of all babcock doesnt worth its money.

Point of correction, Brigham Young University, Utah is owned by Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saint and their tuition compared to other schools is low. They are not the owners of Babcock please note. Also, as for your allegations on LASU tuition, although it is too high for all I care but it isn't as expensive as yoou quoted and besides, I do not subscribe to it and neither does the high tuition conote high standards. Your argument on Babcock I truly find hard to believe because their college of medicine isn't spectacular enough for them to charge that high and I would appreciate you check your info again and inform us correctly.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2012
pd piper pippen: Cyril83, First ur anus doesn't have a hole, may ur days be riddled with poverty, ur habitation forever desolate may u sow and another man reap, cursed are u forever
wateva u jst said is for u nd ur family....is oyedepo ur fada or ralatives?...so wats ur stress man...diz jst an ordinary being...I think dia's more to this ignorance...u guyz r in bondage of diz so called yahoo pastor using diff format to extort you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 12:03am On Apr 28, 2012
niki6: it was of dia own volition they werent askd. I knw, got a pastor as uncle dia. Do u knw d cost of runnin a small biz in 9ja nt to talk of a uni. They av uninterruptd power supply, their facilities r among d best u can find in d world n their books n curriculum r d latest n u compare dem 2 d u.s convert dia fees to naira n see. They r nt a charitable org. They r still 1 of d cheapest in 9ja

Niki, like I stated earlier, it wasn't volition cos they were indirectly pressured. Nevertheless, I think rather than building mushroom schools all about town, he should build a school of world standards. That is my take on this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by mycito90: 12:20am On Apr 28, 2012
hmmmmm @ niki i think u are a strong fan of dat man so called oyedepoooo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by erad(m): 12:35am On Apr 28, 2012
CyberG:

For starters, I am not Oyedepo's mouth piece. Here: I think the level of intellectual discourse is declining so fast among most Nigerians and pathetically in Ife - certainly not the Great Ife I attended just a few years ago. Mr. Man, use your brain and answer the following questions:

1. Can you tell us how missionary schools of those days was funded? Teachers, principals, janitors, etc were hired and paid, did they work for free and if not, who paid to run the school?

2. If kids and people wept day and night to get into university, it means among other things that opportunities (or spaces) in school is limited. So for example, these days >1 Million students need to find places in university and assuming even a 50% were admissible after passing, are there enough schools and course of their choice available? If not, whose job is it to build schools, equip and run them? If the person has not done his job properly for > 20 years, and YOU yourself have NOT built even a nursery school yet, do you have a right to complain or rather commend someone who does?

3. Do you know that Oyedepo works harder than you have ever worked all your life, has a wife and kids and assuming (just assuming) he had so much money, who should he take care of? His family or millions of Nigerians who let thieves steal their commonwealth while defending them?

4. If you score high marks (I mean not just merely attain minimum passing scores), you will be admitted. Even in foreign universities (and I know what I am talking about 'cos I've been there), you are told explicitly that attaining and surpassing the minimum requirements is NOT a guarantee for admission. Even in a course, scoring 90% will not necessarily mean you get an A because if most of your other classmates are scoring 99.5%..99%...98% and class average sits at 94%, you could be staring down a D or E very easily.
... Guy, u definitely can't be a product of great ife... Ur analysis is so freaking myopic. Nw talking abt hw missionary schools den were funded... Pls tell me hw. Did Oyedepo use his personal money to start d sch or he used d church's money?? Seems u dnt knw wat classifies an institution as missionary... Den cuming to sumone passing required exams, who asked for ur grade statistics Is dis nt d Nigeria where dose qualified hardly get wat deir qualificatn deserves... So far all u've said is 'out of point'... Kiping quiet wud have done u more justice. Like I said in ma earlier reply, its ma opinion... Its wat I think... D best u can do is enlighten me in places u might hv found me wanting, n nt insult ma person directly or indirectly. Guess u were an awo boi while in ife, dey r d ones who most likely tackle things so illogically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by meetgaya: 1:13am On Apr 28, 2012
if i gt money i think this is one of the best univ ican tk my children to than abti univ n d lyks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Solozzo(m): 1:26am On Apr 28, 2012
What courses are being offered, how many experienced recruited yet, how about electricity, teaching infrastructures library , student accommodation , safety and security, research and Internet services. These are more important than the fanciful buildings
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Fhemmmy: 3:01am On Apr 28, 2012
I am highly impressed . . .
This guy with Dangote and more like them, Nigeria will be a nation to reckon with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caption This Exam Sitting Arrangement In Eksu (Photo) / See The Garri Cake My Students Presented To Me This Morning / Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.