Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures (53038 Views)

Ambrose Alli University In Pictures / Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by solomon111(m): 4:03am On Apr 28, 2012
One_Naira: It's actually a decent looking school. Way better than all Nigerian Universities I know so far. Bishop Oyedepo I support am
How is it better?
Ignoramus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Carlmax(m): 4:51am On Apr 28, 2012
The structures are wow!!! Considering its just starting, and if covenant Uni is less than 350 thousand, that's cheap for quality education IMHO.. I still don't like the man but he has earned my respect for founding such good skools..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Degis(m): 5:47am On Apr 28, 2012
I long for dat day again when internet connectivity will be 500k
Per month, so many poor,unimaginative people with senses
Awashed with unbridled hatred and jealous will not be able
To pay again.
Those f$o$o$l criticising the Man of God can definitely
Go hug a transformer
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by CyberG: 5:56am On Apr 28, 2012
erad: ... Guy, u definitely can't be a product of great ife... Ur analysis is so freaking myopic. Nw talking abt hw missionary schools den were funded... Pls tell me hw. Did Oyedepo use his personal money to start d sch or he used d church's money?? Seems u dnt knw wat classifies an institution as missionary... Den cuming to sumone passing required exams, who asked for ur grade statistics Is dis nt d Nigeria where dose qualified hardly get wat deir qualificatn deserves... So far all u've said is 'out of point'... Kiping quiet wud have done u more justice. Like I said in ma earlier reply, its ma opinion... Its wat I think... D best u can do is enlighten me in places u might hv found me wanting, n nt insult ma person directly or indirectly. Guess u were an awo boi while in ife, dey r d ones who most likely tackle things so illogically.

You must be silly writing this useless English and claiming to be a student of Ife where I once bestrode like a colossus, graduating at the top 3-5% of my class and yes, it was in Engineering (Faculty of Technology). After that, finished graduate school where bottom suckers like you, pathetic spellers of common English words and poor communication skills, can never be admitted! You little boy artist are way over your head and out of line when you talk stupidly about things you don't know. Imagine: can your type dare look me in the eye in Ife if you wouldn't be sacrificed to the gods at New Bukka and your skull hung from the strings at Amphi? What a dumbass! There's no point explaining anything to you because you are totally incapable of understanding anything even if it smacked you on your ugly face.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 28, 2012
GboyegaD:

Is covenant not the university that was sued sometimes back for plaiarism? Where then is the standard?
I am not against his achievements but I think they hype is too much. If you tell me that school is worth N7b again, I swear, I go give you slap online abi you no know wetin N7billion be?

I am sure you have not tried to doing anything as regards to building and construction work. You think say to build house na Beans? Or Garri?

lol...slap online...Funny you..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 6:08am On Apr 28, 2012
Degis: I long for dat day again when internet connectivity will be 500k
Per month, so many poor,unimaginative people with senses
Awashed with unbridled hatred and jealous will not be able
To pay again.
Those f$o$o$l criticising the Man of God can definitely
Go hug a transformer
gerrout wit ur stolen bb....see millionaire braggin...diz's nairaland forum nt pinshare or naijapings wia u can catch babes wit ur sweet mouth...m.o.r.o.n,no be single room u and ur 7 siblings icludin ur parents r managin nd u r hia fumblin like don jazzy brother
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 6:11am On Apr 28, 2012
celeboi:

I am sure you have not tried to doing anything as regards to building and construction work. You think say to build house na Beans? Or Garri?

lol...slap online...Funny you..
u don get twin duplex for ajah na besides u no dey sleep abi u dey yahoo join nairaland forum na ur senseless comment alert messages dey wake pple up
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Sweetjoe(m): 6:28am On Apr 28, 2012
jay bee: Who is the man?
u are pure jay bee, jst lik ur name since u don't kw dis pastor!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Sweetjoe(m): 6:41am On Apr 28, 2012
Any of my kidz who can not read well 2 gain admission in any of de federal or state university shuld 4gt it here!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by cyril83(m): 6:45am On Apr 28, 2012
CyberG:

You must be silly writing this useless English and claiming to be a student of Ife where I once bestrode like a colossus, graduating at the top 3-5% of my class and yes, it was in Engineering (Faculty of Technology). After that, finished graduate school where bottom suckers like you, pathetic spellers of common English words and poor communication skills, can never be admitted! You little boy artist are way over your head and out of line when you talk stupidly about things you don't know. Imagine: can your type dare look me in the eye in Ife if you wouldn't be sacrificed to the gods at New Bukka and your skull hung from the strings at Amphi? What a dumbass! There's no point explaining anything to you because you are totally incapable of understanding anything even if it smacked you on your ugly face.

Cultist...ur black book can stil be treated in ife,no wonder u can't complete ur degree education...abeg wil dnt nid pple who'll be demonstatin his/her ignorance on screen
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Diligence: 7:02am On Apr 28, 2012
Wisdome is the principal thing; therefore, go get it and also add understanding to it and sell it NOT! God bless the initiative and all glory be to God. Thank God for this man whom God uses to add value and impact the citizens lives positively. Were more like him?!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by stillme(m): 7:17am On Apr 28, 2012
kkk17: The way some people on this forum defend Oyedepo leaves me stunned. There is no difference between the passionate intensity of their utterances and that of muslims defending Mohammed. They are ready to smash skulls in. Someone has even called him 3 persons in one. Which leaves me to ask, is he now likened to The Almighty God? Beware people.
Elijah didn't need anyone to fight his battles.

If we were to look at things Biblically, a man of God should devote himself to serving God, not opening one business venture after another. But of course, his followers are ready to give me a sharp worded answer....no insults please. Read Jude 2:11
Nigerians church affiliation!!! That is not the way to heaven.

how do one serve God?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by ril19(m): 7:27am On Apr 28, 2012
He has three universities now? Damn! Where have i been?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 28, 2012
odesiri: the question is , can the ordinary Nigeria afford the school fees of schooling hare?
Can the ordinary Nigerian affors to buy a car? Can the ordinary American afford to go to an American university? These are questios you should be asking not that drivel up there. Public universities have spoilt you guys to not know the reality of the cost of standard university education. Go to a university in the US and tell us how much you'd pay. Oh, btw Havard charges in the range of #30,000,000. Americans open a college trust accouunt for their kids when they are born and keep depositing religiously (excuse the pun). Bros abeg stick with your O'Level gist. Have you even been to Covenant University sef wey you dey open mouth.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 28, 2012
dadaic: Someone said, the politicians should do something this man has done, which is some way true, but then, they can't because...bla bla is watching them, but instead they go to other countries and create employment for people from other countries.

Now Bishop Oyedepo understands the level of unemployment in this country, and trust me, if so much was invested in building such school, why didn't he set up a company and help some graduates out there who don't have jobs, because you can't tell me you would accept a graduate to become a lecturer in your school, If nestle can pound in 4.5billion naira into the building of another plant which will in turn create employment to over 7,000 people, then i think that is an aim to reducing something, but then, you have built a school only for the rich to attend, and yet when they leave school, they have no jobs, yet, are not even productive in what they were taught, or the way they were brought up in such schools, needless to say they have no idea of what the word 'university' is all about..So in the reak sense, this is a major development in the sight of just one man, for himself, and making more money. That is my view anyway.
So what you're saying is the university was built for employment generaation and not to remedy the ailing educational system? Omo we dey go Abuja you dey enter bus wey deyy go Accra.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by naijanelly(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2012
Nigerians are so blind and foolish, that's why we aren't progressing!! I saw someone listing out those universities, please how many of them can you afford to go to?? How many of them can the ordinary man in the society afford to go to? How many scholarships have your so called pastor given?? He is a pastor, isn't he meant to be a philanthropist?

How many people in your church has the pastor trained ín school? Aren't there homeless people in the church? How many apartments has he built and given to these people? Instead he is building universities with break neck fees, buying private jets which he has now turned commercial, thus guy is nothing but a business man! Ans yet yall go to his church everyday and be shouting hallelujah, giving the little you have to another man that has private jets and 3 expensive universities .. I pray God opens your heart n sharpens your brain.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by NewsUni: 7:59am On Apr 28, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by naijanelly(m): 8:02am On Apr 28, 2012
[quote author=fresh_dude]Can the ordinary Nigerian affors to buy a car? Can the ordinary American afford to go to an American university? These are questios you should be asking not that drivel up there. Public universities have spoilt you guys to not know the reality of the cost of standard university education. Go to a university in the US and tell us how much you'd pay. Oh, btw Havard charges in the range of #30,000,000. Americans open a college trust accouunt for their kids when they are born and keep depositing religiously (excuse the pun). Bros abeg stick with your O'Level gist. Have you even been to Covenant University sef wey you dey open mouth.

Are you comparing havard and American universities to this rubbish ?? I hope not ... Anyway I sumwhat agree with you, but in this case he is supposed to be a "pastor" okay he has 3 universities, can't he make one free?? Or charge lil to nothin? He is a billionaire with private jets and shit why is he still trying to acquire more and more from the poor masses? This guy is a scam! And I'm sure he was one of the cabal !
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by erad(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2012
CyberG:

... LMFAO, no reasonable thing to tackle again ehn? Nah my spelling dey give you nightmare now. You just confirmed my point that Nigerian qualifications most times aint gotten on merit. Big grammartical words don't justify you have a working brain, in fact it convicts you more as a daft especially when you kip using them where they are very unnecessary. Ife is always proud of its own, either its a multi-millionare who finished with a 3rd class or a guy that finished as one of the top students in his class and finds it difficult convincing his junior school mate over the internet that he has something in his skull refered to as a 'brain'. You just made a fool of yourself bro, SILENCE like I said would have done you more JUSTICE. I'm hoping to see you tackle my typograghical errors... GET A LIFE "SENIOR GYBERG"
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Ambber(f): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2012
Giving honour to whom it is due. All sentiments aside, This is quite commendable. Well done Bishop
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 8:44am On Apr 28, 2012
CyberG:

For starters, I am not Oyedepo's mouth piece. Here: I think the level of intellectual discourse is declining so fast among most Nigerians and pathetically in Ife - certainly not the Great Ife I attended just a few years ago. Mr. Man, use your brain and answer the following questions:

1. Can you tell us how missionary schools of those days was funded? Teachers, principals, janitors, etc were hired and paid, did they work for free and if not, who paid to run the school?

2. If kids and people wept day and night to get into university, it means among other things that opportunities (or spaces) in school is limited. So for example, these days >1 Million students need to find places in university and assuming even a 50% were admissible after passing, are there enough schools and course of their choice available? If not, whose job is it to build schools, equip and run them? If the person has not done his job properly for > 20 years, and YOU yourself have NOT built even a nursery school yet, do you have a right to complain or rather commend someone who does?

3. Do you know that Oyedepo works harder than you have ever worked all your life, has a wife and kids and assuming (just assuming) he had so much money, who should he take care of? His family or millions of Nigerians who let thieves steal their commonwealth while defending them?

4. If you score high marks (I mean not just merely attain minimum passing scores), you will be admitted. Even in foreign universities (and I know what I am talking about 'cos I've been there), you are told explicitly that attaining and surpassing the minimum requirements is NOT a guarantee for admission. Even in a course, scoring 90% will not necessarily mean you get an A because if most of your other classmates are scoring 99.5%..99%...98% and class average sits at 94%, you could be staring down a D or E very easily.
2. While I agree with you that we need more tertiary institutions to cater for the huge number of secondary school levers that look for admission every year, I do not neccessarily believe that building elitist Universities will do or has done much to bridge that gap. Let me use your own figures and demonstrate my points: what is the use if less than 10% from your 50% admissible applicants are the only ones that can afford the cut throat school fees? Such progress is negligible and exploitative as it digresses from solving the problem but instead exploit it. And that is what these new host of church owned private schools have done and are still doing, they have left the task of helping the government better our education standards and have instead created their own exploitative empires knowing very well that our options are very limited. Let us face it, government can't do it all alone, they need the support of everyone, every organization, every religion and every government agency and so on. Our public schools are decaying because of our noncommittal attitude towards public structures, facilities and institutions, instead we are all exploiting its decadance and worsening it. Everything is now capitalist in nature to the extent it has surreptitiously crept into the church, yes, cos your importance to the church these days is based on your financial commitments to the church.
3. Whatever point you were trying to make here went over my head, sounded personal but I like to correct the notion of him taking care of his family alone, that was downright selfish a statement to make especially when one has to consider we are talking about a man of God whose wealth and ministry has largely depended on people's benevolence and philantropy. Imagine if everyone looked out for their family and damn everyone else, i doubt winners or CU would have been this successful.
4. I agree with whatever it is you were saying here even though I know understand sha...lol
Anyway, the summary of what I am trying to say is that as a church run school with supposedly very different mission; profitability, quality and standard should not be their sole aim or take a driver seat, inclusivity and to an extent welfarism should be given better consideration as they set to accomplish their mission.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2012
CyberG:

For starters, I am not Oyedepo's mouth piece. Here: I think the level of intellectual discourse is declining so fast among most Nigerians and pathetically in Ife - certainly not the Great Ife I attended just a few years ago. Mr. Man, use your brain and answer the following questions:

1. Can you tell us how missionary schools of those days was funded? Teachers, principals, janitors, etc were hired and paid, did they work for free and if not, who paid to run the school?

I will like to point out to you the faulty basis on which you have hinged some of your arguments and how unwittingly contradictory they are.
1. Starting from the concept of building the school, it was believed to be a missionary school and as such will be run that way. Missionary in the sense that they have a mission: a mission to bring quality and affordable education guided by religious principles, and Let's not forget that at the early stages of building the church, the entire congregation was asked to make contributions to the development of the school, giving them a false hope that at least they were directly or indirectly going to be beneficiaries. I do not think it is misplaced anger if the underprivileged section of the congregation and Nigeria as a whole register their displeasure at the way they have been cut off from the scheme of things in the end. CU as it is run is a private business concern with profitability as its most important motive contrary to what hardcore supporters may want to believe.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that is extremely capital intensive to attain quality, high standards and maintain such but there has to be creative ways to raise funds and swell their endowment pool so they wont have to resort to over the top school fees that can only be paid by a selected few. They should take examples from American Universities and how they raise funds for their schools.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2012
cyril83: u don get twin duplex for ajah na besides u no dey sleep abi u dey yahoo join nairaland forum na ur senseless comment alert messages dey wake pple up

For your info I am not in Nigeria presently. I think a man who really want to have a good sleep should switch off his phone or keep it on vibration. Do you expect I watch time before I post on Nairaland?..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2012
@fresh_dude...If you can read properly, you will see what i have said, the ailing educational system has not and will not be resolved, because the ones in charge or who owns them are not concerned because their aim is to make cash, now tell me, can an average man who earns 150k afford to pay such fees to this school, instead, they take them to Fed. schools, now, i am saying if the schools are built with so much cash, why not build SME's, and employ some of his students from his first school that are yet to have jobs, rather than have schools that compete with fees, and yet can't produce the best students or whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Pain(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2012
Good you said "Bishop Oyedepo's"rather than "Winners" University because it belongs to him. The smart guy has ensured that there is no connection between the church and his business empire so that there will be no argument as to whom those assets belong to. Ownership will be passed seamlessly to his heirs! Keep sleeping blind bigots! This the difference between the earlier missionaries and the Gospelpreneurs of this age. They are drunk with the wine brewed by the whores of babylon.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by AK481(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2012
Aussie: These will be dearer than Covenant University. Strictly for the elites. I still prefer to send my kids to OAU, unilag, UI, uniben, ABU than these glorified sec. Schs.

there are 2 "UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA"
UNIVERSITY OF "NIGERIA" AND OTHER "NIGERIAN" UNIVERSITY

everybody,pls take note note
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2012
Pastor is following in the footsteps of father Ede.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by AfricanBeauty1: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2012
Papa you are too much,The anointing on you will never go dried in Jesus name. smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by mrperfect(m): 11:54am On Apr 28, 2012
Thank God for his life.
This is a really welome development.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by billtommy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 28, 2012
Aussie: These will be dearer than Covenant University. Strictly for the elites. I still prefer to send my kids to OAU, unilag, UI, uniben, ABU than these glorified sec. Schs.

Then ur children will suffer in the hands of cultists,years of strikes.....use 6 years for a 4 year course.........the choice is urs
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by mreldon(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
Why does he not have just one university with different campuses? Instead its a different name entirely,every time. The truth is he is doing well for this country by opening more universities that actually work but who's to say how he got his wealth? The only qualms I have is why "his" fees are not affordable to all? I bet some of his good church folks can't afford to send their kid there.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
Nigerians open your eyes!!! This man is not God, yet some people are ready to commit sin and insult other people in his defence. Eventhough Jude 9 says that even the Archangel Micheal when in battle with satan over the body of Moses did not allow any slanderous word come out of his mouth. Watch it people!
Give me at least 3 similarities between this man and the prophets or chief priests of God in the Bible. I do not want to liken him to Our Lord Jesus Christ, because i have tried to do so with his apostles no need to say, he is not conformed.
This is not a church matter, this is the spirit moving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UPDATED--2016/2017 Fed Poly Ede Admission Process-Post utme; HND; PRE ND; PT / JAMB 2023 Cut Off Mark for Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting etc / Caption This Exam Sitting Arrangement In Eksu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.