Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,541 members, 7,823,371 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures (53033 Views)

Ambrose Alli University In Pictures / Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2012
@CyberG....Umm, a young man indeed, now, i am going to ask you 2 questions...

I do know these structures need cash to be maintained, the professors/lecturers needs to be paid, but then, a statement was made by Oyedepo saying there was a time he called out for an assembly and said how much do the student pay for their fees, he also said the cash used is what he used to take care of the flowers in his school...Now, my question is if they pay so much, their educational system should be of great standard, why do we have so many of them without jobs?

Now, if these structures can also be maintained with so much cash, why won't you also use the cash used to build such schools, and the cash used to maintain such structures, would also be used to maintain the company, the employees will in turn will provide an income where funds can be raised to build more companies, and more schools...

You mention Dangote, Adenuga, and Otedola, and i laugh at you, the system is corrupt, you don't need me to go over that again, Dangote at least has several companies and if i am wrong, at least they are paid at a rate of 90k, employing youths from several schools, schools that Oyedepo has built and the likes of others, Adenuga also employs a number of graduates and as well Otedola, and if they didn't work for their cash, i am not sure you would mention their names either, but then, they have created jobs, big boys in our country, that Oyedepo is yet to do.

You don't hear my name, i should go work for myself, i will do that, but i don't also hear your name as well, and so if i should work for myself, what then are you doing for yourself?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by donnie(m): 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
I like this man. Action speaks. . .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by coolsammy1(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2012
cyril83: affordable my foot,its only for di rich my broda...ao many winners chapel member includin nairalanders hailin him can afford to pay di huge fee of diz so called landmark and new kings and yet diz man is still askin pple to pay offering in church...a gba lowo meri...God is watching

Yes its for us the rich while you the poor can continue complaining about your present predicament or do something and join us to enjoy what God is doing....The choice is yours

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by tobezekiel(f): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
coolsammy1:

Yes its for us the rich while you the poor can continue complaining about your present predicament or do something and join us to enjoy what God is doing....The choice is yours
Hehehehehe. . i luv this. am tired of hearin dis nonsence'its 4 d rich' u pple waggin ur mouth shuld go an pray to God to mk u rich or fink of sumfin to do to get u rich rather than waistin ur tym sayin rubbish about sum1 who is nt awere ur existin self.
the schs he s buildin, ar u guys so shallow minded nt to knw he s creatin jobs too? ok, the lecturers, non accademic staffs, they r goats ehn? nt humans! mtw. . .
An to the guy that said madonna uni pay less, pls ask ur cosin hw many of them ar in 1 rum? 18! an dats if ur lucky sef. the toilets? infact dat 1 na no go area.
in covenant, u hv 4pple in a room, a spaced room 4dat mather. 1 toilet an bathrum 4 every room, tap water, dat runs non stop. an ur telling me its expensive.
why dnt u go an pay ur cuz a visit in sch(madonna) if u ll nt weep.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2012
coolsammy1:

you are an idiot for such a calous statement....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by mikeapollo: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
The man may be a very good businessman/educationist! But I am yet to see/believe how The Holy Spirit would inspire a 'pastor' to slap a poor girl that called herself 'witch for Jessus'! Jesus himself prayed for those who wronged Him, so why would anybody slap another person who called herself 'witch for Jesus', (and NOT even 'witch for Oyedepo' which could be considered more provocative to the slap-dishing pastor)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by lungtruth(m): 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
this is educational environment. god bless him
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2012
Religion they say is the opium of the people. I have some questions to ask and I hope some of his fanatical followers will be level headed enough to answer them or atleast ponder over them.
1. Are these businesses owned by the church or are private business concerns of the "Pastor?"
Several times Oyedepo has been asked if he owned these businesses, his answers have always been dodgy and hazy; at some point he is vague about the ownership and at another he makes statements that put him as the owner. To even strengthen this belief, he is usually the CEO of most of these businesses, this raises the question, is it ethical and morally right for a pastor to own businesses outside of his church, this is more pertinent if you consider the fact that his pastors are not allowed to do thesame, they are usually full time pastors with no other means of survival than the church.
2. Is it not exploitative and fraudulent that a pastor who solicited for funds from the members of the congregation will turn around only to channel it into his private business concerns.
It is a shame that christianity has been debased to this level where it is no longer about God's Love and compassion for us again but man's quest for power and authority. There's no more soul to christianity worship, it is now about wealth aquisition with zero consideration for the welfare of the less privileged, survival of the fittest is the life lessons being promoted in their sermons( and you wonder why Nigerians are into all sorts of crimes and corruption). Pastors and their indoctrinated followers now blame the poor and underprivileged for their condition and damn them when decisions are made. Christianity without soul that is what it has generated to.... What is the point attending these churches when there is a glaring fraud going on in its dealings, no transparency or accountability, fanatical members give the pastors the impression of infallibility and God-like omniscience. God knows I will never path a kobo to these bible wielding Con-stars, and I will discourage anyone tha wants to....why continue to give your widow's might to a man that has so much but gives very little in return, in fact, like a writer once opined, Oyedepo should not only preach to others about the miracles of giving and given one's widow's might, he should be seen to give and give and give until it hurts him that is the whole Idea of widow's might. Obviously, the man only likes to talk about it but dreads to do so. It is a shame that the Church has become so bastardized and turned into a business. God forbid i will give a dime to these conmen in the name of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by phermmo(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2012
datz gods hand work
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by oche42: 10:44am On May 11, 2012
Judge nt,so u won't b judgd....more strength 2 his elbow"am opin 2 b dere.....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by vincent09(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2012
For those using the name of the lord to acquire wealth in a dubious way#amadiohastrikeyoudown
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by goodman3(m): 11:07pm On May 11, 2012
Pastor oh'yeah has taken the congregations money to build his own private businesses outside.....and he puts most of his private services beyond the reach of the average/poor man......is it fair
And his members will soon start defending him.......he has only succeded in exploiting pple and dats not good.....i will NEVER fall to the whims and caprices of all these so called 'men of GOD'........rubbish......#am out!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 6:51am On May 12, 2012
coolsammy1:

Display of stupidity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 6:55am On May 12, 2012
tobezekiel:
Hehehehehe. . i luv this. am tired of hearin dis nonsence'its 4 d rich' u pple waggin ur mouth shuld go an pray to God to mk u rich or fink of sumfin to do to get u rich rather than waistin ur tym sayin rubbish about sum1 who is nt awere ur existin self.
the schs he s buildin, ar u guys so shallow minded nt to knw he s creatin jobs too? ok, the lecturers, non accademic staffs, they r goats ehn? nt humans! mtw. . .
An to the guy that said madonna uni pay less, pls ask ur cosin hw many of them ar in 1 rum? 18! an dats if ur lucky sef. the toilets? infact dat 1 na no go area.
in covenant, u hv 4pple in a room, a spaced room 4dat mather. 1 toilet an bathrum 4 every room, tap water, dat runs non stop. an ur telling me its expensive.
why dnt u go an pay ur cuz a visit in sch(madonna) if u ll nt weep.

And upon graduation they do not work where those who went to public schools work right? The labor market they go into is different from the ones other graduates go into right? I would still say it, rather than keep building glorified high schools in the name of a university, he should put all his resources together and build a world class university. That people stay in rooms of 4 doesn't make their living conditions better than that of other schools. I would recommend you go to UI and ABU and see that they have more than enough accommodation and their hostels are decent and conducive enough for learning.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 6:59am On May 12, 2012
fresh_dude: Private school generally cost more than public schools. What's the point having a free-cost institution when its true purpose(educational upliftment) is defeated. you think ASUU going on strike is because they want to take vacations? Please wake up, this is the real world.

What is your point please or why on earth did you bring ASUU into this discussion
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by adwas007(m): 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
Anyone here praising and trying to compare Ibori with a man of God here is an absolute fool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Raylight2(m): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
How much per session? Will it be as low as the 26,300# I paid for tuition fee this session?

It is really good but one very painful fact remains that the poor won't benefit from it even wen they contribute as members of the church to see this project completed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by DexxyAlebs(m): 6:14am On Oct 24, 2012
niki6: May God judge all those who r sayin nonsense. I am nt a member of winners buh i av bin to their programs n av family members there. They av neva askd 4 offerin/collection 4 their skuls NEVER. So stop sayin rubbish. N as 4 d skul fees they r 1 of d cheapest private uni in dis country n dey av 1 of d best standards too.tell me 1 private uni in d world dat isnt xpensive did he tell u he is runnin a charitable organisation. Talk lyk sum1 who is literate joor.... Except u an illiterate....then i undastand.
mbano! Landmark is 450k, we v cheaper priv unis
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by OlokoNla1(m): 10:17am On Nov 18, 2012
dadaic: @CyberG....Umm, a young man indeed, now, i am going to ask you 2 questions...

I do know these structures need cash to be maintained, the professors/lecturers needs to be paid, but then, a statement was made by Oyedepo saying there was a time he called out for an assembly and said how much do the student pay for their fees, he also said the cash used is what he used to take care of the flowers in his school...Now, my question is if they pay so much, their educational system should be of great standard, why do we have so many of them without jobs?

Now, if these structures can also be maintained with so much cash, why won't you also use the cash used to build such schools, and the cash used to maintain such structures, would also be used to maintain the company, the employees will in turn will provide an income where funds can be raised to build more companies, and more schools...

You mention Dangote, Adenuga, and Otedola, and i laugh at you, the system is corrupt, you don't need me to go over that again, Dangote at least has several companies and if i am wrong, at least they are paid at a rate of 90k, employing youths from several schools, schools that Oyedepo has built and the likes of others, Adenuga also employs a number of graduates and as well Otedola, and if they didn't work for their cash, i am not sure you would mention their names either, but then, they have created jobs, big boys in our country, that Oyedepo is yet to do.

You don't hear my name, i should go work for myself, i will do that, but i don't also hear your name as well, and so if i should work for myself, what then are you doing for yourself?

I think you are kind off Stupid and its a product of the weak thinking you must have been subjected to re: University Education. Were you taught that Universities produce Jobs or are a guarantee you will get jobs? some posts here are downright idiotic and shows the shallow agbero thinking that pervades most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Kevvol: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
jay bee: Who is the man?

Exactly d same question i asked, infact u are me @jaybee.
Who is this man?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by amaisy: 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
Sum of u guys r jux sayn rubbish even if he uses d church's money whats ur busines y shud u b judgin a man 2 me tis jux illiteracy o n ignorance dats kilin pple jux take a trip 2 covenant uni n u wud luv 2 b der d way d glory of God is shinin on canaanland is jux 2 awesome d man is tryn 2 improv d educatnal sector of d country yet sum r criticing him smh nt noin dat d mur pple talk d mur he contnues wat he's doin so u guys r complainin abt d skul fees abi y is it cald a priv8 uni?? Is d fees nt supose 2 b higher dan d federal n 2 b honest the fees covenant uni pays is lower dan sum oda priv8 uni's lyk d bells redeemers even babcock yet covenant is stil beta dan all...y nt criticise d bells or babcock oh! Tis because its nt ownd by a bishop right pple shud always learn 2 appreci8 d gud works of men n nt criticise dem at all as 4me i wud say may God continue 2 bless BISHOP DAVID OLANIYI OYEDEPO ijn amen cuz d man has been a blessings 2 milions of pple worldwide

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by amaisy: 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
Kevvol:

Exactly d same question i asked, infact u are me @jaybee.
Who is this man?
well he is d founder n general Overseer of living faith international church worldwide also known as d winners chapel...... GLORY!!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
amaisy: Sum of u guys r jux sayn rubbish even if he uses d church's money whats ur busines y shud u b judgin a man 2 me tis jux illiteracy o n ignorance dats kilin pple jux take a trip 2 covenant uni n u wud luv 2 b der d way d glory of God is shinin on canaanland is jux 2 awesome d man is tryn 2 improv d educatnal sector of d country yet sum r criticing him smh nt noin dat d mur pple talk d mur he contnues wat he's doin so u guys r complainin abt d skul fees abi y is it cald a priv8 uni?? Is d fees nt supose 2 b higher dan d federal n 2 b honest the fees covenant uni pays is lower dan sum oda priv8 uni's lyk d bells redeemers even babcock yet covenant is stil beta dan all...y nt criticise d bells or babcock oh! Tis because its nt ownd by a bishop right pple shud always learn 2 appreci8 d gud works of men n nt criticise dem at all as 4me i wud say may God continue 2 bless BISHOP DAVID OLANIYI OYEDEPO ijn amen cuz d man has been a blessings 2 milions of pple worldwide
That's 2 million brainwashed people worldwide! lipsrsealed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rafbal4ever(m): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
Humm this is wonderfu! But I think ds university should not mainly 4 Christian bcoz it so call university not a church. Secondly, my people can you allow the pastor to expanciate how the money was raise to established so call university, as a Man of GOD. He can even have more than dt. Most of our politician have more than dt but becos of ds kind of talk talk de will never disclose it n it will endup inherit by foreigner. So let Him talk and Explain as A MAN OF GOD in to our audience.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by abrolak(m): 8:27am On Sep 07, 2014
i have been to several university but to be sincere i have never seen a world vogue university like dis in my life. I have been to university of ilorin {nigeria best university in academic} kwara state university in malete, al hikmah university {near my house} but when i was on my way to AYEDUN for my aluminum installation in site , i meant this vogue university i was so glamoured. I was so sad because i cant afford to learn in the institution because i know is not meant for halves bread taker like me. But i was so happy because it was in my state. Making dual private uni in my state. But i know if i cant go there to learn due to financial capacity , by god grace my child will go there. I have been in home for the past three year seeking admission into university of ilorin but they fail me despite am a biological native of ilorin.. Allah bless me with money so that my children and i can afford to any of my desire university.. Such as unilorin, unilag, uniben, kwasu, landmard , etc......am ABDULROFIHU IBRAHIM OKANLAWON. A.k.a. abrolak. If u want to assist me you ca call me on 08035432371.. THANKS.......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by ayoolab: 11:27am On Jun 29, 2015
God bless this man.
It has been established. The university has the best of facilities to achieve its mission.. they are building "total man"... and check products from Covenant, they are usually shining star.. of course they are all not saints.. but they are reeally lovely ppl.

ask yourself, if u run a bizness, who would rather employ? Someone from Covenant/Landmark or other schools?

PS: I graduated from a public uni.. and i am proud of what I am today..through the grace of God... but none of my kids would be going to any public institution of higher learning in Nigeria. Period. Private university and by that I mean, Covenant or Landmark.

Education should be towards building a "Total Man" not just going to school and reading books like the so called best public unis- I can even manage OAU, UI and UNILAG. those are the 5 unis in Nigeria- CU, LU, OAU, UI, UNILAG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caption This Exam Sitting Arrangement In Eksu (Photo) / See The Garri Cake My Students Presented To Me This Morning / Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.