Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm (17872 Views)

President Buhari To Address The UN General Assembly Shortly / Buhari To Address The Nation - Vanguard / President Jonathan To Address The Nation, Nigeria, 7:00 am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by cold(m): 12:29am On Apr 30, 2012
^^What is it with the red fonts & what exactly are you saying or trying to say?
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by gbolah1(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2012
I'm suspecting cabal mastermind d recent bombing in other to move peoples attention from fuel subsidy probe report. The cabals are mainly PDP.NSA had said that its is PDP that is behind boko haram.I will implored people to look beyond d issue of present. Boko haram are nt fighting 4 religion purposed,they r the instrument of powerful northern politician,
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by ewaoluwami: 12:46am On Apr 30, 2012
Nigeria student I hope and believe we have to fight for ourself
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by supremebeing09: 12:52am On Apr 30, 2012
Ignatio: Nigerians you've been played.

WE ARE WORSE THAN DUMB B*****S.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by supremebeing09: 12:54am On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 30, 2012
supremebeing09:

THIS GUY QUOTES PARABLES AND IMPLIES SENSELESS ASSUMPTIONS. NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN FAILED BY PEOPLE FROM THE PAST AND PRESENT. WE HAVE NOT FAILED ANY OF OUR RULERS. RATHER, WE HAVE FAILED EACH OTHER. THE RULERS PERSISTENTLY CONTINUE TO FAIL US. THUS, KNOWING WE CANNOT FAIL OUR RULERS, WE RESORT TO FAILING EACH OTHER. THIS IS WHAT WE CONTINUE TO DO WHILE OUR SO-CALLED RULERS CONTINUE TO ABUSE THEIR POWER AND OUR RIGHTS. UNFORTUNATELY, SUCH IS THE NORM IN NIGERIA. WE CONTINUE TO SETTLES OUR SCORES WITH EACH OTHER WE HAVE RIDICULOUSLY FAILED TO FIGHT THE POWER. THIS GIVES RISE TO MORE COVERT ABUSE OF POWER BY OUR LEADERS.

IT'S TIME WE SETTLED OUR CIVIL DIFFERENCES. WE NEED POLITICAL AWARENESS IN NIGERIA!

Maybe we can start by sharing Machiavelli's The Prince to every Nigerian for intensive study. That way they will have a fundamental understanding of how deceptive, crooked and desperate politicians can be in holding on to power.

But come to think of it, the average Nigerian is carried away by senseless music sold to them, and obsessed with making quick fiat money to impress. Don't you think politicians intentionally creates these meaningless artist's to distract the populace from what is happening underground? It works in America. Why not Nigeria? Haha

I am all for entertainment. But the garbage being put out there is becoming irritating and causing distraction for our youths who are supposed to be on the front line of issues as did the North Africans.

Idris was sidelined because he was outspoken and apathetic to the state of affairs in Nigeria. We need more artist like him.

A populace lacking in political and social awareness is doomed for an impending doom. We can all see it unfolding before our eyes.

Let me tell you the bitter truth. The average Northern shoe shiner who is a stark illiterate is more socially and politically aware than a university graduate from the South.

The worst thing about the North is that they are inbred religious fanatics. That, I am afraid is hard to reason with.

In the end, our politicians may be using our weaknesses to foment deep seated hatred amongst ordinary Nigerians who does not know what is happening in the corridors of power.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Tyche(m): 1:23am On Apr 30, 2012
Olodostein:

Let me tell you the bitter truth. The average Northern shoe shiner who is a stark illiterate is more socially and politically aware than a university graduate from the South.

The worst thing about the North is that they are inbred religious fanatics. That, I am afraid is hard to reason with.
U hit the nail on the head. The most illitrate Northerner cannot do without bbc Hausa service.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by bilaya(m): 2:21am On Apr 30, 2012
aare07: The only solution to Boko Haram insurgency, is for the president to drop his second term agenda. He should the hausa to rule.

God punish you.Hausa bastard.The only solution to boko haram is to divide this country so u and your homosexual brothers can go and kill yourselves.Backward set of paedophiles
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Fhemmmy: 2:25am On Apr 30, 2012
Tomorrow is almost here . . so why worry?
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by supremebeing09: 3:13am On Apr 30, 2012
Olodostein:

Maybe we can start by sharing Machiavelli's The Prince to every Nigerian for intensive study. That way they will have a fundamental understanding of how deceptive, crooked and desperate politicians can be in holding on to power.

But come to think of it, the average Nigerian is carried away by senseless music sold to them, and obsessed with making quick fiat money to impress. Don't you think politicians intentionally creates these meaningless artist's to distract the populace from what is happening underground? It works in America. Why not Nigeria? Haha

I am all for entertainment. But the garbage being put out there is becoming irritating and causing distraction for our youths who are supposed to be on the front line of issues as did the North Africans.

Idris was sidelined because he was outspoken and apathetic to the state of affairs in Nigeria. We need more artist like him.

A populace lacking in political and social awareness is doomed for an impending doom. We can all see it unfolding before our eyes.

In the end, our politicians may be using our weaknesses to foment deep seated hatred amongst ordinary Nigerians who does not know what is happening in the corridors of power.

MACHIAVELLI - THE PRINCE. VERY GOOD REFERENCE!
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by supremebeing09: 4:03am On Apr 30, 2012
cold: ^^What is it with the red fonts & what exactly are you saying or trying to say?

MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK THE FOUNDER OF NAIRALAND TO DISABLE THE COLOUR 'RED' (DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE FONTS - I'M SURE YOU MEANT 'COLOUR'red colour?!)

BUT YES, IT DOES SUIT ME PERSONALLY (FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR COMPLAINT, I DECIDED TO REPLY IN BLACK!)

All I'm saying is, we can't let the issue of boko haram become one SINGLE national agenda. Never mind unemployment and the rest of it. The issue of boko haram will inevitably hamper the economic growth and development of a rapidly-growing country. The issue of growth and development is another agenda.

Boko haram and its activities will continue to stifle the socio-political stability of the nation. This obviously affects growth and development. You need to know that there are different responsibilities of government and the governance of a state (nation). Unfortunately, considering our backwardness (shame we have not blown up like Japan or other Asian countries), we cannot seem to address the boko haram issue. Obviously, boko haram continues to work against the state. In this case, the citizens are in the middle of the whole saga. It's only a shame that the citizens are continuously sacrificed by boko haram as a means of communicating with its enemy - the government. Unfortunately, the government cannot use its citizens against such enemy. Therefore, it is an obligation for the government to protect its citizens against such attacks. But the government is not doing so at the moment. Unfortunately, the ball is in boko haram's court. AND WILL BE FOR A LONG TIME. LET'S NOT FORGET CIVIL WARS THAT HAVE LASTED FOR DECADES!!! SLOWLY... SLOWLY...

Secondly, if the government is deemed incompetent at defending its citizens (as is the case),the citizens are in their own rights to defend themselves. But we need not defend ourselves against boko haram - trust me, we'll be blown to smithereens sad sad We need to hold the government accountable for its actions against its citizens. It's a shame we cannot seem to do that. We've become a nation of uncertainties that surviving from day-to-day seems to be a miracle. The North is going to shreds. There is no knowing what every second brings for every individual in the North. The Kano bombing highlights such example. And it will not stop. Like I said, THE SAGA CONTINUES.

The president (God knows what's going on in his head day and night) should, in the interest of the nation, strengthen the security of the country. What good is a country if the security is flawed? Economic growth and development, social and ethical developments, sustainability and society at large continue to be stifled if a fortress is ill-secured. There is, most importantly - I mentioned in my earlier post-, a need to improve intelligence and security in the nation. This should be on a nation-wide scale but with more emphasis on the North. Such implementations would enable the state and its security apprehend the scale of the the nation's insecurity. Rather, everything is done helter-skelter and on a hope-and-pray basis.

Due to the unfortunate effects of power and politicking, the government is more focused on the internal effects of such issues rather than the external effects of the social, political implications of such issues on the citizens. Thus, we have a lot to do on the list. The layer(s) of government in Nigeria will continue to constrain certain benefits of economic growth and development. As I write, the boko haram bombing just came up on BBC news (not very soothing with the breaking news' nerve-wrecking music!). How many more of such news should we expect? Doesn't paint a nice picture of a developing country. WE ARE MORE THAN DEVELOPING. WE ARE CAPABLE. CAPABLE OF DEVELOPING TO A GREAT EXTENT!

I am no expert at political agendas but I like to contribute to issues surrounding my beloved nation. If I didn't give a s***, I'd be on a very much more random website than NairaLand. Obviously, your opinions are always appreciated.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Tropilo(m): 4:04am On Apr 30, 2012
ogugua88:

"We will catch the perpetrators and bring them to book".

Which book? The one that our judges use as "toilet paper"?
Until our judiciary is sanitized, i think all cases she be sent to Britain. Atleast, they have shown us that there book is not for "latrine" use.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Tropilo(m): 4:10am On Apr 30, 2012
IYA NGBALI: he wants to tell us that the first lady is pregnant grin

allah! U no well. s'am! s'am!
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by supremebeing09: 4:13am On Apr 30, 2012
Fhemmmy: Tomorrow is almost here . . so why worry?

I WORRY BECAUSE ALMOST CANNOT KILL A BIRD!
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by polokor60(m): 5:57am On Apr 30, 2012
azazi has said it all,boko haram is a political tool.nigerians are eager to see the outcome of the fuel subsidy probe but where comes the master stroke to take their minds off the subsidy probe.by the time the dust of the recent bombings and killings ll settle down the dumb nigerians ll no longer remember subsidy probe and the looting spree (circle continues).after depriving nigerians from enjoying the abundant natural resources in this country they(politicians) have retorted to play politics with the lives of the suffering masses.nigeria ll be great again when we realized that it is better to die for true freedom and fight for it.nigerians know the root cause of their problems but they keep shying away from it in anticipation of a different outcome,they would rather pray without taking any action and expect mannas to fall from heaven.sad
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by member479760: 5:59am On Apr 30, 2012
For now, in the north, let people stop going to church until further notice. it is only a fool will continue to go church in the north with all what is going on presently.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by ekitikan(m): 6:00am On Apr 30, 2012
supremebeing09:

MACHIAVELLI - THE PRINCE. VERY GOOD REFERENCE!
supremebeing09:

MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK THE FOUNDER OF NAIRALAND TO DISABLE THE COLOUR 'RED' (DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE FONTS - I'M SURE YOU MEANT 'COLOUR'red colour?!)

BUT YES, IT DOES SUIT ME PERSONALLY (FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR COMPLAINT, I DECIDED TO REPLY IN BLACK!)

All I'm saying is, we can't let the issue of boko haram become one SINGLE national agenda. Never mind unemployment and the rest of it. The issue of boko haram will inevitably hamper the economic growth and development of a rapidly-growing country. The issue of growth and development is another agenda.

Boko haram and its activities will continue to stifle the socio-political stability of the nation. This obviously affects growth and development. You need to know that there are different responsibilities of government and the governance of a state (nation). Unfortunately, considering our backwardness (shame we have not blown up like Japan or other Asian countries), we cannot seem to address the boko haram issue. Obviously, boko haram continues to work against the state. In this case, the citizens are in the middle of the whole saga. It's only a shame that the citizens are continuously sacrificed by boko haram as a means of communicating with its enemy - the government. Unfortunately, the government cannot use its citizens against such enemy. Therefore, it is an obligation for the government to protect its citizens against such attacks. But the government is not doing so at the moment. Unfortunately, the ball is in boko haram's court. AND WILL BE FOR A LONG TIME. LET'S NOT FORGET CIVIL WARS THAT HAVE LASTED FOR DECADES!!! SLOWLY... SLOWLY...

Secondly, if the government is deemed incompetent at defending its citizens (as is the case),the citizens are in their own rights to defend themselves. But we need not defend ourselves against boko haram - trust me, we'll be blown to smithereens sad sad We need to hold the government accountable for its actions against its citizens. It's a shame we cannot seem to do that. We've become a nation of uncertainties that surviving from day-to-day seems to be a miracle. The North is going to shreds. There is no knowing what every second brings for every individual in the North. The Kano bombing highlights such example. And it will not stop. Like I said, THE SAGA CONTINUES.

The president (God knows what's going on in his head day and night) should, in the interest of the nation, strengthen the security of the country. What good is a country if the security is flawed? Economic growth and development, social and ethical developments, sustainability and society at large continue to be stifled if a fortress is ill-secured. There is, most importantly - I mentioned in my earlier post-, a need to improve intelligence and security in the nation. This should be on a nation-wide scale but with more emphasis on the North. Such implementations would enable the state and its security apprehend the scale of the the nation's insecurity. Rather, everything is done helter-skelter and on a hope-and-pray basis.

Due to the unfortunate effects of power and politicking, the government is more focused on the internal effects of such issues rather than the external effects of the social, political implications of such issues on the citizens. Thus, we have a lot to do on the list. The layer(s) of government in Nigeria will continue to constrain certain benefits of economic growth and development. As I write, the boko haram bombing just came up on BBC news (not very soothing with the breaking news' nerve-wrecking music!). How many more of such news should we expect? Doesn't paint a nice picture of a developing country. WE ARE MORE THAN DEVELOPING. WE ARE CAPABLE. CAPABLE OF DEVELOPING TO A GREAT EXTENT!

I am no expert at political agendas but I like to contribute to issues surrounding my beloved nation. If I didn't give a s***, I'd be on a very much more random website than NairaLand. Obviously, your opinions are always appreciated.

The only word I see here is shame.....oh boy why nah......
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by kurus: 6:55am On Apr 30, 2012
aare07: The only solution to Boko Haram insurgency, is for the president to drop his second term agenda. He should the hausa to rule.

The 'hausas' can go and born in HELL, if they like. If they think killing innocent people will get them to Aso Rock, they've made the biggest political mistake of their tribal existence. How many thousands of lives have been lost cos of their lust for power?

We are watching.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by farolee(m): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2012
bilaya:

God punish you.Hausa bastard.The only solution to boko haram is to divide this country so u and your homosexual brothers can go and kill yourselves.Backward set of paedophiles
Divide nigeria? I guess demons have sucked your brain from your skull.THINK,THINK and THINK, don't you THINK? An average norther shoe shiners,is aware of wht is going in the country than most educated south-south:that is the problem with GEJ.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Havilah93(m): 7:15am On Apr 30, 2012
as usual, he wants to tell us that we should not worry, that he's on top of things
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 30, 2012
We expect advance copy of broadcast from Saharareporters
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Havilah93(m): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2012
Havilah93: as usual, he wants to tell us that we should not worry, that he's on top of things
...and also 'vow' to quench the bokoharanism fire burning.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by SNCOQ3(m): 7:48am On Apr 30, 2012
Olodostein:

But come to think of it, the average Nigerian is carried away by senseless music sold to them, and obsessed with making quick fiat money to impress. [/b]Don't you think politicians intentionally creates these meaningless artist's to distract the populace from what is happening underground? It works in America. Why not Nigeria? Haha

[b]I am all for entertainment. But the garbage being put out there is becoming irritating and causing distraction for our youths who are supposed to be on the front line of issues as did the North Africans.

Tell them! The young men in this country' especially from the south have been heavily feminized by liberal media like Channel O, MTV e.t.c Checkout the average fashion style of our youth and you'll get what i mean. De-programming our youth to become manly is prerequisite to the much-needed revolution we need to liberate this country.

I posted a topic to address this issue yesterday titled "The De-feminization of men" in the political section but was hidden by the moderator-what a shame. https://www.nairaland.com/925494/de-feminization-men
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Shokoloko(f): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2012
grin
lmao
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by nuclearboy(m): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2012
The more you hate the Hausa, the more they hate you too! And they have the population and anger that is required to install any candidate come 2015. And the south-west has not forgotten the subsidy lies, manipulation, deaths and what is increasingly seen as the incompetence of the president!

In 2015, no northern politician will want association with Jonathan also because his people will tear him to pieces! And without northern and south-western votes, byebye, Jonny!

Keeping a nation in waiting for hours over a speech does not help! Neither do the bland speeches which mean nothing that we have heard over & over!

But the real problem Jonny will have is the tribalism he has used to keep us separate! I would suggest his "so-called" people count themselves and ask what proportion of Nigeria they are! That will be a reality check that should stop you from alienating everyone! All this "he's ours" is childish! We are all Nigerians (hausas included) and the rest of the country won't allow you go because you want GEJ and he lost. War? Militants? cheesy only those who have seen war should comment - children should go sit on sand to play!

By the way, Machiavelli is truly a good read for those who wish to learn!
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Limaoscar: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2012
U hit the nail on the head. The most illitrate Northerner cannot do without bbc Hausa service.

Spot on! They use to listen on transistor radio. Now they've moved on with Technology. They now listen via cell phones and often disseminate political information among themselves.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by scopusng(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2012
Documents indicating some form of regular communication between Osama bin Laden & Boko Haram have been recovered from Osama's Pakistan house
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by pdpiperpippen: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2012
Fellow nigerians I just negociated a seize fire agreement with boko haram, and have agreed to convert to islam
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Baawaa(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2012
GEJ is a weak vessel,and his action will affect SS in 2015,write it down!
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by buty: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2012
The bottom line still remains that there was speech made by Mr. President, so I dnt understand  fake rumour. I jst want dis boko pple τ̅☺ make A̷̷̴̐͠ mistake and bomb any part of  east then, that will be the end of boko haram.
Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by Chubhie: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2012
Olodostein:

Re: Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm by egift(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2012
buty: The bottom line still remains that there was speech made by Mr. President, so I dnt understand  fake rumour. I jst want dis boko pple τ̅☺ make A̷̷̴̐͠ mistake and bomb any part of  east then, that will be the end of boko haram.

Na lie. That will never end Boko Haram. That can only achieve two things:
1. More groups like Boko Haram from other zones
2. More killing of innocent Nigerians from every zone.

Will the nation split? No. Because the politicians will use State force to hold it together. But things will definite change; our leaders more corrupt, more enemity, more yeye history, etc.

The only solution is to have leaders who are doing what is right for the general interest of the nation - If the ones we have now are not capable sack them (or vote them out). Any other thing is a day dreaming and destruction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways / Babatunde Fowler Returns To EFCC Over ₦9.2bn Reportedly Linked To His Account / NSCDC Withdraws Peller’s Security Aides For Seeking To Scrap Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.