Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Is Marriage for? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Marriage for? (1000 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / Met Him Like Yesterday.. And Talking Marriage For Real / BED ROOM DUTIES IN Marriage-(for Married People Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Marriage for? by naira4doll(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2007
This question has been probing my mind for long: the way our ladies act to hook a man to the altar, it's really absurd on what many ladies can do to get husband.
My question is, what is marriage for, Kids? Companionship? A ritual? A necessity? Just what is marriage for Why must we marry?
Re: What Is Marriage for? by presido1: 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2007
We must not marry its a choice and when you choose not to nobody will kill for that.
Re: What Is Marriage for? by naira4doll(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2007
In africa, if u don't marry, people will say all manners of things lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Marriage for? by presido1: 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2007
Thats before and not now. But all the same almost all afro gyls would like to ansa Mummy or Mrs before their name. Its in born no question about that.
Re: What Is Marriage for? by naira4doll(m): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2007
, and if i may add, what's the primary purpose for marriage, to born babies?
Re: What Is Marriage for? by samix(m): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2007
naira4doll:

, and if i may add, what's the primary purpose for marriage, to born babies?

marriage is certificate for right to shagging and u can then decide to reproduce
Re: What Is Marriage for? by naira4doll(m): 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2007
samix:

marriage is certificate for right to shagging and u can then decide to reproduce

grin shagging grin lol, u'll get bored grin
Re: What Is Marriage for? by uspry1(f): 12:42am On Nov 11, 2007
The primary purpose of the marriage is

[list]
[li]beyond happiness, sexual expression, the bearing of children, companionship, mutual care, provision and/or anything else is to please God;[/li]
[li]the real transforming work of marriage is the twenty-four hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week commitment;[/li]
[li]for this reason, a man will leave his father and mother, be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery to the Christ and the Church I say because of the high rate of divorce everywhere in the world.[/li]
[/list]

There is no such thing as perfect marriage!
Re: What Is Marriage for? by fakedavid: 12:54am On Nov 11, 2007
what kind of question is that @Poster. What is your d ick for?
Re: What Is Marriage for? by jgirl3: 5:49am On Nov 11, 2007
I don't know oooo! It's not by force to marry
But this is the main reason in my head:
My own is that if you wanna have legitimate sex in the eyes of God - then you need to be married first.
I'm not saying it is by force to be legitimate but if you wanna be moral - go right ahead.

Aside from that:
Marriage provides stability (the girl cannot leave you anyhow, she has to inform the court first)
Marriage saves embarrassment (when the children start asking questions about their parents, you will have an answer to give them)
Marriage will be acknowledged in the eyes of the family and everyone would stop introducing you to new girls hoping they can find the one that you will finally jump the rope with.
Marriage is the only legitimate claim you have upon a woman. If no marriage is done, she might decide to go after a man that is ready to be serious with her.
Re: What Is Marriage for? by creamdream: 1:02am On Feb 16, 2008
for having kids and lots more,
Re: What Is Marriage for? by naira4doll(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2015
Am now happily married now with a son and counting... it's been favors here and there since I got married a year ago. I asked this question in frustration because many ladies were desperate to hook me down then.

(1) (Reply)

Seriously, How Do I Solve This Problem? / Will Beyonce's Marriage To Jay Z Work? / How To Get A Woman You Just Met Who Didnt Call You Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.