Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics (2005 Views)

Ihedioha Allegedly Pays Secret Visit To Okorocha; Pleads For Soft Landing (pic) / IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? / 'Leave Abia State Alone'- Abia Special Adviser To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2012
Okay, so from attending my big sis' white wedding in Owerri, I decided to take a small tour around the little city, since it's been so long.

Particularly, I stopped by at the old Township Primary School along Wetheral Road (directly opposite the Dan Anyam Stadium) to pay a little visit to my friend and colleague (in Archi) who is tied to a couple of construction projects with the Imo State Government, including the "Imo Tent and Underground Mega Parking Lot" in Owerri(still in construction), the "InterMark Mechanical Tools Market" in Naze (also in construction), the "Emmanuel College" rehabilitation project, The Township Primary School rehabilitation project, and many others - although it was just the Township school I visited.

Well, he says all primary and secondary schools are undergoing reconstruction and rehabilitation so as to further increase their capacities, as well as improve the quality of education there.

Well, here are some pictures, I was able to capture, of the Township Primary School (Please, forgive the crappiness of the camera)

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2012
That milk color isn't going to be the final body, mind you.
The buildings will have a red brickwall texture eventually.

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2012
On those buildings up there, more floors will be added.

You see, the buildings aren't made brick-for-brick. The walls are forged and then transported over to the final site, laid and fused together, yada yada yada. You get the point.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2012
These buildings over here will be demolished.
During Ohakim's time, he quoted N50billion to plant a couple of flowers and build a small classroom block so as to shield these ugly buildings from the public view grin grin grin.

But my friend says that, within the next 6 days, all these old buildings will be demolished. Here they are:

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
Here's what the final work is meant to look like. Sorry I couldn't get a clearer shot. The sun na HELELE!!!

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2012
The work is being undertaken by the Italian company, Roche Constructions.

Here's another shot:

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2012
Each building will be 3 floors minimum

Yeah, that's the much I can show for now.

I hope to get better looking shots in the evening.
Currently this blazing sun is something else!!!!

cool
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
Mehn, the environment looks like the Sahara desert with a few buildings thrown this way that way.

Poverty no be joke sha.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thanks Ejine. You have other pics of other stuff going on in Owerri/Imo State?

Looks like the quality will be top notch. Hope they're staffed/equipped well also.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Mehn, the environment looks like the Sahara desert with a few buildings thrown this way that way.

Poverty no be joke sha.

Umm.. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the entire land area you see on that picture is the school, and majority of the buildings have been demolished to make room for much better classrooms of high standard, so your misguided comment is rather a laughable failure grin
But thanks for your contribution to the thread sha wink
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Thanks Ejine. You have other pics of other stuff going on in Owerri/Imo State?

Looks like the quality will be top notch. Hope they're staffed/equipped well also.

You're welcome, boss.
On the pictures, I haven't got much now, but I hope to get some more by tomorrow. But from the much I've seen while going through the place, Imo's 3rd largest city of Orlu has been turned into a large construction site - ie, numerous buildings and virgin roads are being placed, and old buildings are being demolished, so as to meet up with the city's maiden masterplan.

As for the schools, looking at the blueprint, they're most certainly going to be awesome.

I'm told new teachers are currently undergoing training overseas, after they left the shores of the country last year. I think there was a thread created for that sometime.

All in all, I think this man actually has his A-game intact! I'm impressed.

Currently watching this space.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by johnie: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ejiné: The work is being undertaken by the Italian company, Roche Constructions.

Here's another shot:

Italian company, Roche working for Rochas?

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2012
johnie:

LOL No! grin I guess that's just a coincidence. They've been in existence a long time ago in Italy.
Check them up.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Adejoro74: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2012
johnie:

This can't be a coincidence. Conflict of interest? But then let them deliver quality and at the right cost.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by bashr8: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Poverty no be joke sha.
would you like to see pictures of ekiti. considering your from the worst state ever in terms of development you have no buisness comenting on this thread
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Ejine(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2012
bashr8: would you like to see pictures of ekiti. considering your from the worst state ever in terms of development you have no buisness comenting on this thread

Nwannem, biko gbazienu ya nkiti. We've thrashed out the matter, so let's just let the issue rest.

Honestly, I don't want this thread degenerating into another tribal war.

Let's just let the issue rest now wink

1 Like

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by nduchucks: 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2012
lwkmd cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Funkymallam(m): 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: lwkmd cheesy

Y laff wan take kill u na?
Are u allergic to development? sad
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by nduchucks: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

Y laff wan take kill u na?
Are u allergic to development? sad

Allergic to development ke? I was at Owerri recently and I must confess that I was impressed by Okorocha's activities. I was laughing at the hilarious posts on this thread.
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Funkymallam(m): 9:49am On May 01, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Allergic to development ke? I was at Owerri recently and I must confess that I was impressed by Okorocha's activities. I was laughing at the hilarious posts on this thread.

Beta
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by aljharem(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley roachas my man !!! we are behind u smiley
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by jmaine: 10:04am On May 01, 2012
Charismatic Rochas . . . . grin
Re: My Little Visit To Okorocha's Township Pri Sch (under Rehabilitation) With Pics by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2012
@Ejine
I think Roche is an Irish company and not Italian.

(1) (Reply)

SANUSI LAMIDO Sanusi:africa Must Get Real About Chinese Ties / Smuggled Rice Floods Nigerian Market, As Merchants Suffer Losses / Survey About Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.