Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women (1900 Views)

7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up / Things Men Do Better Than Women / After Relationship Break Up, Life Goes ON!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by ambrosini593(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2012
I have come to discover that romantic ups and downs apparently have a greater effect on the mental health of young men than women. 1. Women are more likely to display their depression to friends, men are likely to store up their feelings with emotional distress substance problems like drinking, smoking, indoor locking etc. 2. Men`s health is more affected by the harmful stress of a rocky relationship. 3. Strain in a relationship could also be linked to poor emotional well being because it threatens young men`s sense of identity and feeliings of self worth. 4. Women easily forget past relationship and move ahead with another one because they can get a new man within a minute. But for men breaking up required that they have to put out effort again to get a new girl. 5. Men tends to protect a relationship more so they get nicer, they get more deeply hurt when that relationship finally breaks
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by Nobody: 9:04am On May 01, 2012
ambrosini593: I have come to discover that romantic ups and downs apparently have a greater effect on the mental health of young men than women. 1. Women are more likely to display their depression to friends, men are likely to store up their feelings with emotional distress substance problems like drinking, smoking, indoor locking etc. 2. Men`s health is more affected by the harmful stress of a rocky relationship. 3. Strain in a relationship could also be linked to poor emotional well being because it threatens young men`s sense of identity and feeliings of self worth. 4. Women easily forget past relationship and move ahead with another one because they can get a new man within a minute. But for men breaking up required that they have to put out effort again to get a new girl. 5. Men tends to protect a relationship more so they get nicer, they get more deeply hurt when that relationship finally breaks
Personally, i think there are no stereotypes in relationships. When a break up occurs, it hits the person that was dumped very hard at first, and then, after a while, when the dumped person has regained control of his/her emotions faster than expected, the person that did the dumping is HIT HARDER!!! Emotions are not the same. How i would react to being dumped, is quite different for the next person. Therefore, all those points you listed above could be interchanged for both gender. . . None has the upper hand. The amount of guys that are dumped by girls at a younger age, is directly proportional to the amount of girls guys dump at an older age. It's a basic truth we need to realize!

1 Like

Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by cowgurl: 9:50am On May 01, 2012
ambrosini593: I have come to discover that romantic ups and downs apparently have a greater effect on the mental health of young men than women. 1. Women are more likely to display their depression to friends, men are likely to store up their feelings with emotional distress substance problems like drinking, smoking, indoor locking etc. 2. Men`s health is more affected by the harmful stress of a rocky relationship. 3. Strain in a relationship could also be linked to poor emotional well being because it threatens young men`s sense of identity and feeliings of self worth. 4. Women easily forget past relationship and move ahead with another one because they can get a new man within a minute. But for men breaking up required that they have to put out effort again to get a new girl. 5. Men tends to protect a relationship more so they get nicer, they get more deeply hurt when that relationship finally breaks
Long story, it hits harder on whoever allows him or herself 2 get hit by it.
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by emmy99(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2012
i feel dat d 1 who was in luv d most is likely 2 b hurt d most ;Di feel dat d 1 who was in luv d most is likely 2 b hurt d most

1 Like

Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 01, 2012
emmy99: i feel dat d 1 who was in luv d most is likely 2 b hurt d most ;Di feel dat d 1 who was in luv d most is likely 2 b hurt d most
Word.
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 01, 2012
sexkillz:
Personally, i think there are no stereotypes in relationships. When a break up occurs, it hits the person that was dumped very hard at first, and then, after a while, when the dumped person has regained control of his/her emotions faster than expected, the person that did the dumping is HIT HARDER!!! Emotions are not the same. How i would react to being dumped, is quite different for the next person. Therefore, all those points you listed above could be interchanged for both gender. . . None has the upper hand. The amount of guys that are dumped by girls at a younger age, is directly proportional to the amount of girls guys dump at an older age. It's a basic truth we need to realize!
I gotta admit Gaylord has a point.
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by luckgames(m): 7:22pm On May 01, 2012
ambrosini593: I have come to discover that romantic ups and downs apparently have a greater effect on the mental health of young men than women. 1. Women are more likely to display their depression to friends, men are likely to store up their feelings with emotional distress substance problems like drinking, smoking, indoor locking etc. 2. Men`s health is more affected by the harmful stress of a rocky relationship. 3. Strain in a relationship could also be linked to poor emotional well being because it threatens young men`s sense of identity and feeliings of self worth. 4.[b] Women easily forget past relationship and move ahead with another one because they can get a new man within a minute. But for men breaking up required that they have to put out [/b]effort again to get a new girl. 5. Men tends to protect a relationship more so they get nicer, they get more deeply hurt when that relationship finally breaks

If you are a break dude Yes
If not break move ahead
Men have 5 women waiting to take the place of the dump Ass
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by Idowuogbo(f): 8:01pm On May 01, 2012
fresh_dude: I gotta admit Gaylord has a point.
U sef like to dey show urself, all u had to say was u have a point killz. I guess it turns u on wen he unleashes d dragon. cheesy
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by slimyem: 8:04pm On May 01, 2012
break-ups could hit any gender harder than the other depending on a lot of factors like....who loved more,who was more devoted...and blah blah!
Its no gender thing!
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by Idowuogbo(f): 8:08pm On May 01, 2012
slimyem: break-ups could hit any gender harder than the other depending on a lot of factors like....who loved more,who was more devoted...and blah blah!
Its no gender thing!
Eee o! Ur ewedu grammar school try 4 u ke! grin
Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 01, 2012
whom ever devoted their hearts the most...hurt the most.
Unless they were wronged and fed up.

Anybody who can jus sever ties and feel no way about it, never cared.
If not for themselves, the other person.

1 Like

Re: Does Relationship Break-ups Hit Men Harder Than Women by luckgames(m): 8:27pm On May 01, 2012
MsDarkSkin: whom ever devoted their hearts the most...hurt the most.
Unless they were wronged and fed up.

Anybody who can jus sever ties and feel no way about it, never cared.
If not for themselves, the other person.

People just get tired of liar's and getting manipulated
One of the party called that smart, it will back fire
What are you going to say
Bye have a great life
Off she/he goes

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Single Mum With A 13 Year Old Son? / The Wicked Girl. (true Life Story) / Help! What To Do When A Married Ex Is Hitting On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.