Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano (10964 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / El-Rufai Visits Scene Of Bomb Explosion In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by georgecso(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2012
The State Security Service (SSS) in Kano today paraded a man who it said has specialized in supplying “extremist groups” with highly combustible chemicals for making Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) that are used in carrying attacks in the state.

Briefing newsmen on the arrest, Kano State director of SSS, Mr. Bassey Uteng, disclosed that the suspect Ayuba Usman of Dala Local Government area of Kano, was found to be dealing with “extremist elements” from confessional statements of “high profile” detainees.

He said Usman “has been providing very combustive chemicals to the extremist groups and these are the chemicals which are being used to make the Improvised Explosive Devices,” adding that his arrest was a further build up on earlier raids by members of the Joint Security Task Force (JTF) in the state.

Items recovered from the suspect according to the security service include 35n drums of chemicals and other highly inflammable substances for making bombs.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161298%3Asss-arrest-suspected-supplier-of-bomb-materials-in-kano&catid=2%3Alead-stories&Itemid=8

Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by jmaine: 5:16pm On May 02, 2012
lord have Mercy shocked shocked . . . see stocks of deadly chemicals waiting to be tapped into . . . make dem put that man dicck for inside rugged soldier ant hole make e confess well angry

4 Likes

Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by harakiri(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2012
That means anyone dealing in volatile chemicals is now a potential accomplice to terrorists. Wow! It's gonna be a field day these security agents. Soon they will be going after the chemical plants. All na chemical explosives.
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by ZUBY77(m): 7:44pm On May 02, 2012
I hope they have proof that the man actually suppliers to the terrorists. Many chemicals are explosive in nature.
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 02, 2012
Does that mean there will be no more explosion ?
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by Neddyogu(m): 7:53pm On May 02, 2012
So what chemical exactly are we talking abt here? TNT? or Acetone abi na benzene. Very soon dey will start arresting petrol station owners, afterall petrol can be used for molotov cocktails, abi bh boys never start to use molotov? Make SSS go do beta tin joor.....
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by bafor: 7:55pm On May 02, 2012
I guess this suspect will not be left off the hook after awhile. Make dem make sure say the man no disappear o. shocked shocked shocked
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by Bright2(m): 8:01pm On May 02, 2012
This is a welcomed development,gradually even if the security forces couldn't stop them finally but soon they will be reduced to minimal.One out of onemillion is something.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by ayox2003: 8:02pm On May 02, 2012
This means the govt actually knows these criminals and their hide-outs.
Will their Godfathers/sponsors be brought to book? A question that needs to be answered.
Atleast, they have prevented some lives from being lost.
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by member479760: 8:05pm On May 02, 2012
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by SkyRider1(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2012
This farmer on channels tv this morning was lamenting that Fertilizers are now very scarce up North as security forces deemed it bomb materials as well. This means businesses that use heavy chemicals will soon go bankrupt.
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by passionate88: 8:30pm On May 02, 2012
georgecso: The State Security Service (SSS) in Kano today paraded a man who it said has specialized in supplying “extremist groups” with highly combustible chemicals for making Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) that are used in carrying attacks in the state.

Briefing newsmen on the arrest, Kano State director of SSS, Mr. Bassey Uteng, disclosed that the suspect Ayuba Usman of Dala Local Government area of Kano, was found to be dealing with “extremist elements” from confessional statements of “high profile” detainees.

He said Usman “has been providing very combustive chemicals to the extremist groups and these are the chemicals which are being used to make the Improvised Explosive Devices,” adding that his arrest was a further build up on earlier raids by members of the Joint Security Task Force (JTF) in the state.

Items recovered from the suspect according to the security service include 35n drums of chemicals and other highly inflammable substances for making bombs.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161298%3Asss-arrest-suspected-supplier-of-bomb-materials-in-kano&catid=2%3Alead-stories&Itemid=8

harakiri: That means anyone dealing in volatile chemicals is now a potential accomplice to terrorists. Wow! It's gonna be a field day these security agents. Soon they will be going after the chemical plants. All na chemical explosives.
nakedall: why should anyone thing Naija police should be beta?

follow link:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11502513-chicago-pays-45-million-in-3-years-to-settle-complaints-against-cops?lite

Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by Tinyemeka(m): 8:37pm On May 02, 2012
georgecso:

Kano State director of SSS, Mr. Bassey Uteng, disclosed that the suspect Ayuba Usman of Dala Local Government area of Kano, was found to be dealing with “extremist elements” from confessional statements of “high profile” detainees.

3. ZUBY77(m): Quote Post
I hope they have proof that the man
actually suppliers to the terrorists. Many
chemicals are explosive in nature.

@ Harakiri and other posters doubting the efficiency of the SSS methods, it was reported that the suspect was arrested based on the confessional statements of other suspects already in their custody. They didn't just go into a compound, see barrels of combustible chemicals and just decide to arrest the owner.

Ok. Tell me what an individual would be doing with that quantity of dangerous chemicals at his residence and not in a warehouse or shop?
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by kaiter: 8:54pm On May 02, 2012
I guess this suspect will not be left off the hook after awhile. [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by jjeric: 9:13pm On May 02, 2012
Don't let us believe in all what we read online or in paper, the person arrested might just be a chemical dealer. A Neighbor of mine was arrested last year for selling chemicals to a customer who later turned out to be Islamic extremist. After 1 year in detention and was almost killed,he was freed last month after his family spent soo much money to prove his innocence.
Investigation later revealed that, he sold the chemical which can be used in a laboratory, clinic or even in school laboratory to a customer for the same price{not inflated} its sold for in the market and issued a receipt to the customer. The receipt was found in the suicide car bomber aborted in Kaduna last year. It took the intervention of GOD before he can be freed. So, don't let us believe in all what we read in the paper, we all know our journalist blow things out of proportion at times.

This man could be guilty if he is a regular supply of the explosive chemical to the extremist group, if he sold them above market price and most especially if arrested bh member made a confessional statement that he is their regular supplier.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by ConcernMan: 9:34pm On May 02, 2012
ZUBY77: I hope they have proof that the man actually suppliers to the terrorists. Many chemicals are explosive in nature.

I have followed your comments for about a year now in alomst all information medias in the internet: vanguard, punch to mention but a few.I noticed you have that sahararepoters attitude (unrepentant persimist) who will never see anything goood with government. I am not saying that being a government critics is wrong but honestly you are being highly unreasonable about it.
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by afosam4real(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2012
The Boko Haram insurgency is politically motivated and infused with religion divides. I think I need to sound clear here that NOBODY fight for God. And northern youths should go and emancipate themselves from mental slavery. They should also get civilised with their elders and try to see beyond their nose.
Re: SSS Arrest Suspected Supplier Of Bomb Materials In Kano by afosam4real(m): 9:48pm On May 02, 2012
The Boko Haram insurgency is politically motivated and infused with religion divides. I think I need to sound clear here that NOBODY fights for God. And northern youths should go and emancipate themselves from mental slavery. They should also get civilised with their elders and try to see beyond their nose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What A Bike Man (Hausa) Told Me Today.. / APC Governors Visit Benue State / Ikonne: Abia PDP Can Conduct Fresh Primary – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.