Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' (1994 Views)

U.S. Embassy Warns Of Possible 'Terrorism' Attacks In Nigeria - Reuters / 615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Nobody: 1:46am On May 03, 2012
Prominent Shia leader Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky says the Untied States has been behind series of co-ordinated terrorist attacks across Nigeria.

He said in an interview with the Hausa Radio that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) carried out the bombing attacks in different cities of Nigeria.

Zakzaky also noted that Boko Haram is a well-known group and the US blames the indigenous group for the attacks to weaken Muslims and divide Nigeria.

Zakzaky says those who portray themselves as Boko Haram spokesmen are foreign agents and have no links to Islamic ideology.

The head of Nigeria's Islamic Movement said the US has been trying to interfere in the internal affairs of Nigeria under the pretext of fighting terrorism, adding that this is while that they make terrorists themselves.

Scores of people have been killed and many others wounded in a series of bombing attacks across Nigeria in recent months.

http://presstv.com/detail/234551.html
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Nobody: 1:48am On May 03, 2012
^^^I don't know how true this is - but I just thought I should share this with you guys....
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by austinsmat(m): 5:53am On May 03, 2012
if US is behind this hausa man can never habour them and giving them shelter, killing in the north has started before nigerian civil war infact is the one of the major cause of the war when the northerners are killing igbo ojukwu complain and gowon did nothing about it the only diffrent now and then is that those jihadist have upgraded by using bomb gun committing suicide not machet any more
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by juman(m): 7:09am On May 03, 2012
CIA may be helping them one way or the other. One cannnot rule it out. America cannot be totally trusted.
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by texazzpete(m): 7:23am On May 03, 2012
Is there no limit to human stoopidity?

So the CIA wants to drastically destabilize one of the most stable countries supplying them oil? The CIA is also striving to destabilize the Government of a man from the Niger Delta zone, who is a very staunch supporter of the US so far? A man from the Niger Delta during whose presidency the oil has continued to flow, almost unchecked?

So according to you the CIA may be planning to plunge Nigeria into civil war which will not only seriously raise the price of oil (costing the US economy billions and billions of dollars) but then leave the US really dependent on the increasingly more volatile middle east for their oil lifeblood?

You people are Grade A m0r0ns. I am so upset when I think of all the very very intelligent people I know that are dead - eg my ex-classmates Micky Olu and Jude Mgba who died of stroke and malaria respectively - and yet im'beciles like you guys above are here still alive and kicking.

Truly, this life is really unfair!

1 Like

Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Maisuya1: 7:29am On May 03, 2012
As much as I hate to believe in conspiracy theories. One thing that puzzles me is that sampling opinions here in e north virtually every one is sincerely convinced that BH is either govt sponsored to destabilise the north or some 'southern' conspiracy to weaken the north. On the other hand most southerners are also deeply convinced that this is the north using BH to destabilise the GEJ administration. Now both these views are extreme opposite of each other, hence one can not rule out the fact that someone somewhere is playing on this populist sentiments (foreign or domestic, directly or indirectly)

What I expect from regional leaders is to move to the next level from arewa leader meetings or south south meetings to meetings of both or all regional heads to find a solution to this scourge which I believe sincerely neither the south or north is guilty of (the only thing both sides are guilty of is mistrust and sometimes hatred of each other, and which is exactly what BH is exploiting or hoping to exploit)
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Nobody: 8:05am On May 03, 2012
Until some one tells ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ kabiru sokoto, abul qaqa, ali ndume, & many other boko haramists r U.S citizens, this whole story is B.S
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by london2lasgidi(m): 9:15am On May 03, 2012
texazzpete: Is there no limit to human stoopidity?

So the CIA wants to drastically destabilize one of the most stable countries supplying them oil? The CIA is also striving to destabilize the Government of a man from the Niger Delta zone, who is a very staunch supporter of the US so far? A man from the Niger Delta during whose presidency the oil has continued to flow, almost unchecked?

So according to you the CIA may be planning to plunge Nigeria into civil war which will not only seriously raise the price of oil (costing the US economy billions and billions of dollars) but then leave the US really dependent on the increasingly more volatile middle east for their oil lifeblood?

You people are Grade A m0r0ns. I am so upset when I think of all the very very intelligent people I know that are dead - eg my ex-classmates Micky Olu and Jude Mgba who died of stroke and malaria respectively - and yet im'beciles like you guys above are here still alive and kicking.

You're dumber than your name sounds.

What would CIA gain?? Can you see how dumb that question is??

What did CIA gain from Libya? But didn't they mess up the country regardless?

What would they gain from Syria? We all know they're behind the uprising over there.

I believe in the CIA doctrine, which says: "the unstable and smaller the country, the easier to exploit", go figure.
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by ade80: 9:24am On May 03, 2012
This is all little but theatre.  The US bought a ticket to a play staged in Afghanistan and has found themselves unable to find the exit.  This one will be quieter as this is Africa, it will be black people killing black people.  Few will notice, fewer will care.  Those with a stake notice, they care, but their agenda has no room for human life.

Image if Mexico Were Made a Country with the U.S. and Canada - Would it be Realistic to Call it a County?
Nigeria is a tinderbox beyond imagination.  Decades old hatreds and fears are closer to the surface here than even in the Balkans.  This is a very dangerous game some have chosen to begin. 
Were they available, and who is to say they aren’t, Nigerians would gleefully use nuclear weapons to settle domestic differences.
Nigeria, is, in itself, a construct that never should have existed.  The North is Muslim, the South is Christian, each side having nearly 100 million people and neither half is united in any way. 
Nigeria is a ripe plum for those who recognize such things and recognizing such things is how predators have come to dominate world affairs.
The history after colonial occupation is one of military dictatorship and corruption at levels unimaginable.
Nigeria is Africa, the most populace country, the most oil and gas wealth, the greatest economic potential, the biggest potential market. Thus, Nigeria is a target.
A note from a friend in the region choosing to weigh in with information generally not for public consumption:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/14/nigeria-targeted-for-destruction/
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by ade80: 9:38am On May 03, 2012
ISRAEL AND LIBYA: PREPARING AFRICA FOR THE "CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS"
Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya

Under the Obama Administration the United States has expanded the "long war" into Africa. Barack Hussein Obama, the so-called "Son of Africa" has actually become one of Africa's worst enemies. Aside from his continued support of dictators in Africa, the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) was unhinged under his watch. The division of Sudan was publicly endorsed by the White House before the referendum, Somalia has been further destabilized, Libya has been viciously attacked by NATO, and U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) is going into full swing.
The war in Libya is just the start of a new cycle of external military adventurism inside Africa. The U.S. now wants more military bases inside Africa. France has also announced that it has the right to militarily intervene anywhere in Africa where there are French citizens and its interests are at risk. NATO is also fortifying its positions in the Red Sea and off the coast of Somalia.

As disarray and turmoil are once again uprooting Africa with external intervention, Israel sits silently in the background. Tel Aviv has actually been deeply involved in the new cycle of turmoil, which is tied to its Yinon Plan to reconfigure its strategic surrounding. This reconfiguration process is based on a well established technique of creating sectarian divisions which eventually will effectively neutralize target states or result in their dissolution.

Many of the problems afflicting the contemporary areas of Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Southwest Asia, South Asia, East Asia, Africa, and Latin America are actually the result of the deliberate triggering of regional tensions by external powers. Sectarian division, ethno-linguistic tension, religious differences, and internal violence have been traditionally exploited by the United States, Britain, and France in various parts of the globe. Iraq, Sudan, Rwanda, and Yugoslavia are merely a few recent examples of this strategy of "divide and conquer" being used to bring nations to their knees.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27786
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by edoyad(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2012

Lol

grin
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by texazzpete(m): 10:43am On May 03, 2012
london2lasgidi:

You're dumber than your name sounds.

What would CIA gain?? Can you see how dumb that question is??

What did CIA gain from Libya? But didn't they mess up the country regardless?

What would they gain from Syria? We all know they're behind the uprising over there.

I believe in the CIA doctrine, which says: "the unstable and smaller the country, the easier to exploit", go figure.

I wonder when you will start blaming the CIA for your girlfriend cheating on you.
While the US government would have shed no tear over Gadaffi's removal (him being a terrorist loving scumbag and no friend of the white house), who are the 'we' that 'know' that the CIA is behind the Syrian riots?
Shebi the same 'we' all know that Syria's Assad is the most loving, benevolent ruler in the world? And that the CIA has snipers shooting Syrian citizens abi? And that the CIA has paid out ALL the Arab league observers that condemn the killing abi?

The US has everything to lose and nothing to gain from a disunited Nigeria in the throes of a civil war. Intervention is not guaranteed and any damage to our oil infrastructure (and there most definitely will be!) will be costly and time consuming to fix. Couple that with a hike in oil prices and the risk of the radicalization of over 60 million muslims in Nigeria and you'd be utterly insane to even think this is possible.

Hell, what am I saying? You ARE insane!
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Beaf1: 10:46am On May 03, 2012
After watching a life footage of the Kaduna Thisday bombing, i became confused as to what to believe. Both attacks were suicide attacks. How much can a PDP or CIA give to me or my family that will be worth blowing myself up? That bomber was looking so healthy and well fed. He chatted and smiled with whoever was filming him before driving the expensive SUV into that building and ((boooom))

This is the video - skip to 15.12min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xSGm4StY4
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Brixtonyute(m): 10:47am On May 03, 2012
Beaf!:
After watching a life footage of the Kaduna Thisday bombing, i became confused as to what to believe. Both attacks were suicide attacks. How much can a PDP or CIA give to me or my family that will be worth blowing myself up? That bomber was looking so healthy and well fed. He chatted and smiled with whoever was filming him before driving the expensive SUV into that building and ((boooom))

They drug these people...
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Brixtonyute(m): 10:51am On May 03, 2012
I just laugh when some ignorant gorillas think there's no external influence in the wave of terrorist attacks in Nigeria. The sophistication, and targets show this is not solely about religion. If it was solely about religion - Benue, Plateau, and most SE states would be the target..

A lot of Americo-phile Nigerians are naive!
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Beaf1: 11:01am On May 03, 2012
Brixtonyute:

They drug these people...

^^
How can you be drugged and still drive a very long distance evading all securities to get to your target. What type of drug is that? I call it brain-washing or witchcraft grin
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by bkbabe97y(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2012

Oh yeah, so tell me what happened in Iraq and Libya?
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Nobody: 11:10am On May 03, 2012
Who created and equipped alqaeda to fight russia occupation of Afghanistan ? Who armed libyan rebels ? Who is arming syrian rebels ?
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by ade80: 11:28am On May 03, 2012
The U.S. military command in Africa, AFRICOM, has trained thousands of officers on the continent, including the young captain that overthrew his own government in Mali, this year. “If AFRICOM’s protégés have taken careful note of how the U.S. military is routinely used to try and take whatever the U.S. wants in Africa, often without regard for law, custom or prudence, it is not hard to imagine how or why Amadou Sanogo might do the same thing in his own country.”

Sanogo, in his late 30s, organized the mutinying soldiers at the Kati military camp to storm the presidential palace, about six miles away in Bamako, reported the BBC. Since then Sanogo has appeared forceful and confident at the helm of the junta, even though things have spiralled out of control.

Sanogo received military schooling in the US, including intelligence training, according to the BBC, as part of the US effort to give stability to Mali and boost the battle against Islamic extremists.
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by texazzpete(m): 1:04pm On May 03, 2012
Brixtonyute: I just laugh when some ignorant gorillas think there's no external influence in the wave of terrorist attacks in Nigeria. The sophistication, and targets show this is not solely about religion. If it was solely about religion - Benue, Plateau, and most SE states would be the target..

A lot of Americo-phile Nigerians are naive!

Of course there's an external influence you numbskull. Al Qaeda has made some preliminary contacts with leading elements of Boko Haram.

Plateau has been a target in the past...but does it take much brainpower to understand why Boko Haram's efforts are for now concentrated in the northern areas where they hold sway?
If unchecked, you will have your wish of Boko Haram carrying out operations in the south. For now they still are a relatively unsophisticated group...wait until they buy light mortars and anti-tank weapons.

If I ask you people now to list any possible motive the US would have for destabilizing Nigeria and spreading islamic fundamentalism in the largest black muslim population in the world, what will you say?
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Maisuya1: 1:52pm On May 03, 2012
^
Some of the reasons I believe there is more to BH than meets the eye are:

Mend have got a long history and experience in fighting govt. Mend attacks on govt where at best I'll Coordinated. Mend had a camp in the creeks where govt knew where to get them when it wanted to get them.
On the other hand BH had no expirience whatsoever in any combat, they have no camp or at least non our intelligence services know about.
Now how can such a inexperienced group (and also assumed illiterate) be carrying out commando style attacks that dwarfs mends sophistication and only comparable to alshabab and Taliban (don't forget that even these two groups had years of experience in fighting the AU and US respectively b4 they could attain critical mass as far as terrorism is concerned)

So I think it will be naive to think there is no involvement of foreign intelligence services in this BH saga. Coz that's how they operate in other regions.
The us used the cover of alqaeda and WMDs as reasons to invade iraq which were both non existent at the time. Isreal according to NY times uses some iranian terror group within Iran to try to distablize it.

So this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Though more evidence is needed in support
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by lexus1: 3:28pm On May 03, 2012
You people are Grade A m0r0ns. I am so upset when I think of all the very very intelligent people I know that are dead - eg my ex-classmates Micky Olu and Jude Mgba who died of stroke and malaria respectively - and yet im'beciles like you guys above are here still alive and kicking.[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by logicboy: 9:10pm On May 03, 2012
Mai-suya:
^

Mend have got a long history and experience in fighting govt. Mend attacks on govt where at best I'll Coordinated. Mend had a camp in the creeks where govt knew where to get them when it wanted to get them.
On the other hand BH had no expirience whatsoever in any combat, they have no camp or at least non our intelligence services know about.
Now how can such a inexperienced group (and also assumed illiterate) be carrying out commando style attacks that dwarfs mends sophistication and only comparable to alshabab and Taliban (don't forget that even these two groups had years of experience in fighting the AU and US respectively b4 they could attain critical mass as far as terrorism is concerned)

So I think it will be naive to think there is no involvement of foreign intelligence services in this BH saga. Coz that's how they operate in other regions.
The us used the cover of alqaeda and WMDs as reasons to invade iraq which were both non existent at the time. Isreal according to NY times uses some iranian terror group within Iran to try to distablize it.

So this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Though more evidence is needed in support

Salaam, i need your input here, please;

https://www.nairaland.com/929193/world-without-religion...better-not
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:57am On May 04, 2012
Can any better thing come from Press TV? absolutely NO! it will all be America/Isreali conspiracy theory. when u combine Press TV with Nigerian Muslims, OMG, failure to rain will always have America behind it!
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by ektbear: 5:29am On May 04, 2012

lmao grin
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Calebsky(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2012
I have always believed that the BokoHaram menace is a script well planned.
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Calebsky(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2012
juman: CIA may be helping them one way or the other. One cannnot rule it out. America cannot be totally trusted.

i am with you on this bro
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by OneNaira6: 11:16am On May 07, 2012
LMFAO. When in doubt blame USA.

What will the USA benefit for bombing Nigeria? There is nothing out there for CIA to do except sponsor BH to bomb Nigeria is that what SIZ is trying to tell us? I wonder how sufficient Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky thinks Nigeria is to USA?

Instead of blaming the right people: northern leaders, he decided to push the blame onto CIA. SMH, there is no bound to Nigerian's 1gnorance.
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by Calebsky(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2012
Mai-suya:
^

thank you bro.
Re: 'US Behind Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria' by egift(m): 12:16pm On May 07, 2012
Is Boko Haram A Covert Ministry Of Federal Government?
https://www.nairaland.com/931914/boko-haram-covert-ministry-federal

(1) (Reply)

Security Tip- Get Atleast 2 Wicked Dogs / Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says / Why Sanusi Lamido Should Be Left Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.