Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady (32781 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / "Angels" Appear In Shepherd Bushiri's Church (Video) / Prophet, C.O Mohammed Weds Young Lady (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 9:39am On May 06, 2012
http://kayceeweezy./2012/05/03/holy-slap-case-bishop-oyedepo-fails-to-appear-in-court/
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/oyedepo-fails-appear-court

The founder of the Living Faith Christian Church International, David Oyedepo, failed to appear in court on Wednesday when the suit filed against him for slapping a young lady during a church service last year was mentioned at the Ogun State High Court.

A Lagos-based lawyer, Robert Igbinedion,had filed a suit on behalf of the lady, seeking an award of N2billion as “general and exemplary damages”against the popular pastor.

Oyedepo's lawyer, Agboamwu,who showed up on behalf of the first and second respondents, namely Oyedepo and the church, pleaded for time to file a defence.

The court granted the defence five days to respond to the suit.

Igbinedion had filed for the enforcement of the lady's fundamental rights to freedom from inhuman and degrading treatment, human dignity, fair hearing, and freedom from discrimination.

Justice Ojo, who heard the case at Court 1, High Court, Sango-Ota in Ogun State, however, adjourned hearing till June 1, 2012.

Igbinedion had earlier condemned Oyedepo's action, referring to the altar call for witches to come out as "illegal".

Last year, Oyedepo gave the lady a slap during a church service when she claimed to be “witch for Jesus” after responding to an altar call made by Oyedepo for witches to come out.

Igbinedion described the labelling of witches as "unconstitutional, and a breach of Section 34 of the Constitution of Nigeria, African Charter on Human and People's Right, and United Nations Universal Declaration on Human Right".

The suit is asking the court to compel Oyedepo to issue a self-signed public apology to the young lady, which should be published in two national dailies and aired on one international satellite television station.

The suit also seeks that a similar altar call be made for corrupt government officials, bribe-giving contractors, drug dealers and other category of sinners who are members of the Oyedepo's church.

Let justice be served... May HE be slapped by the LONG ARMS of the LAW... (although sha na Naija, im fit pay, talk say na Jesus, up WINNERS) cool

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by LogicMind: 9:48am On May 06, 2012
i think 5 days is long enough. let's wait and see.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by mkmyers45(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2012
We dey watch ooo..going Specsavers cool

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by tayoccu(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2012
I pray justice is served.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Jeel: 11:56am On May 06, 2012
Nonsense
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by belovedaja(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2012
The lady is an agent of darkness. GOD the supreme judge will judge her and her cohorts.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 06, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oyedepo is a lover of DARKNESS.. his followers/worshipers can't see except HE shows them HIS light...

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by 2good(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2012
belovedaja: The lady is an agent of darkness. GOD the supreme judge will judge her and her cohorts.

You have really been fully blinded by your man of god. Can't you atleast use your common sense to reason`sometimes?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Basic(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2012
2good:

You have really been fully blinded by your man of god. Can't you atleast use your common sense to reason`sometimes?
I wonder o

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2012
He humiliated that young woman before a mammoth crowd; who does he think he is ? I think when people gets too rich and influencial they starts thinking themselves a god? I want him prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2012
Will indeed like to follow up this story...i want to hear why he slapped the girl instead of the evil spirit..and who gave him the right to do so...tomorow they will shoot someone saying they shot evil spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by newcreatio(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2012
2good:

you Nigerians are very funny. I no understand una. grin
So una don leave Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, and TB Joshua and Chris Okotie...nah Bishop Oyedepo come remain...nah wah o
...i mess fo runa ...poo!poo!..pooooo!!! shocked shocked
me i no dey for all dis talks against men of God o. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by emmatok(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2012
Yea,

Oyedepo is bigger then Nigeria.

He should be arrested if he disregard the Court.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Goldenheart(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2012
well well well....what ve we here?? undecidedwell well well....what ve we here??

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by logicboy: 12:19pm On May 06, 2012
newcreatio:

you Nigerians are very funny. I no understand una. grin
So una don leave Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, and TB Joshua and Chris Okotie...nah Bishop Oyedepo come remain...nah wah o
...i mess fo runa ...poo!poo!..pooooo!!! shocked shocked
me i no dey for all dis talks against men of God o. lipsrsealed

You're a real brainwashed mofo.

This is not an attack on Oyedepo. Oyedepo assaulted a young girl and was unrepentant about it. Oyedepo needs to answer to justice
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by beylinko(m): 12:21pm On May 06, 2012
I pity u all
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by lacasa: 12:22pm On May 06, 2012
Man ŏƒ God my foot, Apart from Jesus/Muhammed n d oda REAL men ŏƒ God,

ΐ dnt know anyoda self tagged "man ŏƒ God".

All ŏƒ dem na Man ŏƒ God τ̅☺ d highest bidder

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 06, 2012
beylinko: I pity u all
We pity you more...

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by babzynkyahoocom(m): 12:25pm On May 06, 2012
I reserve my comment for now
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 06, 2012
see as viewing topic full like say we dey watch Barca match...
cool

Abegi, if dem find the man guilty, make dem lock am for better jail with plenty bible, we go use that big HALL groove... nna men.. thank God for the 'witch that got slapped'..

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by mkmyers45(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2012
beylinko: I pity u all
wetin? Get a brain...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by kwajahafiz(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2012
Oyedepo and the rest of the so called " men of God" are a bunch of
Thieving and scamming so and so. If they
Were not pastors they d all be full fledged fraudsters.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 06, 2012
I hope d judge will be fair on dis 1, labelling d poor innocent girl å witch i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ disheartenin, I hpe God will open d eyes O̶̷̩̥̊͡F thousands O̶̷̩̥̊͡F doomed pple goin Τ̅☺ dis multi billion naira organisatn calld church.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by ValNweze(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2012
i realy dont kn how narrow minded some pple cn be..why ws Jesus nt prosecuted for chasing pple selling stuff out of d church..even scattering their goods..teling them my fathers house is d house of prayer n nt d den of thieves. Mayb be u shuld tel me where d bible commanded one2 b a witch for christ..instead d bible says 'suffer not a witch to live". I hav2 sound a note of warning 2d ignorant minds tokin rubbish against d man of God. U better b warned or else Gods judgement wil come upon u.

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by erniok(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2012
One thing I know for sure is that there is no witch in heaven so Bishop Oyedepo was right in doing what he did. Its called holy anger. I believe many of you would have typed same poo if you were in apostle Paul era and he did what he did in acts 13:6-11

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by cold(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2012
Ghen ghen!E don happen!Barr.Robert,please see this case through,pursue it to the highest levels.Even as far as the African Court on Human & Peoples' Rights if you have to.May the Force be with you.Enough of these shenanigans angry
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Kachi01: 12:39pm On May 06, 2012
Think what u say and don't say what u think, for ur thoughts are urs but ur words are no more urs. Just a piece of advice.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by mkmyers45(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2012
ValNweze: i realy dont kn how narrow minded some pple cn be..why ws Jesus nt prosecuted for chasing pple selling stuff out of d church..even scattering their goods..teling them my fathers house is d house of prayer n nt d den of thieves. Mayb be u shuld tel me where d bible commanded one2 b a witch for christ..instead d bible says 'suffer not a witch to live". I hav2 sound a note of warning 2d ignorant minds tokin rubbish against d man of God. U better b warned or else Gods judgement wil come upon u.
Shut up joor..MOG or business men? you must be under the influence.. angry

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by maasoap(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2012
The other time, a lady took a small girl to an uncompleted building and plucked out her tongue in the name of chasing out demon in her. Tell me what we haven't seen in the name of fighting evil spirit.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 06, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] oyedepo shd be sentenced 2 24years imprisonment 4 molestin a girl n stamped of human right and abuse of virginity
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:43pm On May 06, 2012
. . .And the hate campaign continues. . .Get a life ya'll.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by mkmyers45(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2012
erniok: One thing I know for sure is that there is no witch in heaven so Bishop Oyedepo was right in doing what he did. Its called holy anger. I believe many of you would have typed same poo if you were in apostle Paul era and he did what he did in acts 13:6-11
Ok..so you just expect a supposed evil spirit to co-operate abi? Why didnt he deliver her? Why did he condemn to hell? mtsewwwwwwwww

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Women Dance To Welcome Bishop Oyedepo To Omu Aran In Kwara / Daniel Okoh Elected President Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria / Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.