Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady (32806 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / "Angels" Appear In Shepherd Bushiri's Church (Video) / Prophet, C.O Mohammed Weds Young Lady (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by BLESSEDPETER(m): 2:52pm On May 06, 2012
i'm nt d pastor's member neither am i planning to becme but mathew 7:1 and 2 said smthng veqy important.if u ar a christian please do ur self a favour by reading d passage.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by sammirano: 2:53pm On May 06, 2012
recoome: who is not a man of God? Are u a man of satan?
i know you can't comprehend the meaning "man of God" that is why am sure you are in a beer bar and texting and asking me dumb question.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Guapo(m): 2:54pm On May 06, 2012
Worship God and not Man. Live the life of a christian. Teach (not slap) people to observe all the things Christ commanded us. Encourage (not molest) one another in the spirit of love.

God assigns special responsibility of teaching and shepherding of his flock to some individuals, but No one should be lord over another for all of us are equal before God.

God requires all his servants to respect the law of the land. The guy in question is not immune, he has a case to answer.
Peace
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by logicboy: 2:55pm On May 06, 2012
BLESSEDPETER: i'm nt d pastor's member neither am i planning to becme but mathew 7:1 and 2.if u ar a christian please do ur self a favour by reading d passage.

Sharaap there.

The video is there for anyone to see.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 06, 2012
uhonmora:

I know that if oyedepo sleeps with your wife according to the direction of the holy spirit, you will also give him your 10 year old daughter to molest.

anuofia.

Hatred and Bitterness is just written all over you. Ride on.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by muyiwah666(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2012
tgirl1986: Will indeed like to follow up this story...i want to hear why he slapped the girl instead of the evil spirit..and who gave him the right to do so...tomorow they will shoot someone saying they shot evil spirit.

i love thisssss
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by solomon111(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2012
Look at the way people are insulting the name of the Lord jesus.
May God forgive oyedepo for bringing reproach to his name.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by BLESSEDPETER(m): 2:59pm On May 06, 2012
@logicboy,y asking me to shut up?no wonder ''a boy indeed''.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by narttis1: 3:00pm On May 06, 2012
i hope this lawyer can prove that there corrupt politicians,bribe-giving contractors and drug dealers in the church.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by sammirano: 3:02pm On May 06, 2012
musKeeto:

Fix

At least, your brain cells are still sending the right signals...

Boss of mumu, that's 4sure
am not supposed to reply u cos your mind is made up that you are going to dance in hell, but here is goodnews salvation can be yours if you still desire it.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by dekung(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2012
Oyedepo ran foul to the laws of the land and thus should be made to pay. Even the bible he preaches from says we should obey the law. He has sinned against God and has sinned against the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. If God likes, He can leave him alone but the rule of Law must take its course in Nigeria. we are not judging him based on what Oyedepo did against God, but what he did against Nigeria.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Fynist(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2012
Henrolla: i stil can't undastand y people derrive more pleasure in speakin against men of God without any atom of fear. the ways of God ar foolishness in d sight of men. be careful of d tinz u say!
.The ways of God are foolishness to Men.?who is God and who is Man? what sense are you making with your quote?
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by dekung(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2012
Henrolla: i stil can't undastand y people derrive more pleasure in speakin against men of God without any atom of fear. the ways of God ar foolishness in d sight of men. be careful of d tinz u say!
If foolishness means I should not assault an unharmed minor irrespective of what she calls herself, especially when there is no obvious physical harm to me or any other individual arround, I think I would rather be foolish.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by sammirano: 3:10pm On May 06, 2012
uhonmora:

Ode. You have given him all your tithes and money to the point that you cannot reason with your head again.
it's now clear to me that you are lost with no hope of direction, I am not a his member but I know a living church when i see one. Unlike you...
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by wakes: 3:10pm On May 06, 2012
Did Jesus Christ not whip people in the temple? this is mere HUMAN RIGHTS NONSENSE!
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by 808Gang94: 3:13pm On May 06, 2012
norseman2: I hope d judge will be fair on dis 1, labelling d poor innocent girl å witch i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ disheartenin, I hpe God will open d eyes O̶̷̩̥̊͡F thousands O̶̷̩̥̊͡F doomed pple goin Τ̅☺ dis multi billion naira organisatn calld church.
bro,get ur facts ryt!!! he didnt label her as a witch,he simply told all witches to come to the altar and she did! Nobody forced her to do so
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by LailaIkeji1: 3:17pm On May 06, 2012
i cant help but imagine the outcome by now if this incident had happened in the United States. the difference will be sooooooo clear.

We are watching sha.

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by kaeto(m): 3:18pm On May 06, 2012
aybaba73@yahoo.co.uk:
from a physical point of view it might look wrong 4 d bishop to slap d girl but i knw dat God ll neva allow his servant to be humilated by any judicial system. Afteral, a diciple of christ cut off an ear of a soldier dat wanted to arrest jesus. Jesus rebuked him because physicaly it was wrong 4 him to do wot he did. Oyedepo is an apostle of d living God. D God who said dat touch not my servant n do my prophet no harm is still alive. I knw he ll never allow bishop oyedepo to be humilated by any judicial system any where. Am a living witness to instances were those dat tried to humilate d late benson idahosa of blessed memory, met calamities of different degrees. Jugdes n lawyers were badly affected,afflicted n some even lost dia lives in d proccess. D petitioners had gud cases but d God who called him was wrathed n stood by him. Those who were called as witness against d archbishop together with d petitioners died under funny circumstances. Those dat re stil alive 2day re stil struggling. D struggle has caught up wit dia children. I knw many of dem in benin. I knw exactly wot am talking abt. Dis is a war b/wn d kindom of darkness n d kindom of heaven. I jst pity dat lawer dat took up d case. We wil all see wot ll happen. Am nt d bishop's member but i knw a little of how God operates. Pls mind d way u talk against d bishop because God wil nt leave him at dis time.
my brother this is so calm and true,GOD cant leave him now,but the societal correction just has to be made so as to curtail abuses, a sincere apology from the Bishop will do, I love and respect him but...
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Fynist(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2012
solomon111: Look at the way people are insulting the name of the Lord jesus.
In your own deluded opinion Oyedepo has turn to Jesus Christ abi?Whats the Matter with you
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Iolo(m): 3:23pm On May 06, 2012
Christianity as lived by Christ is a religion of peace and humility.

Jesus's first Commandment was LOVE UR NEIGHBOUR AS THY SELF. Can you indeed slap someone you love? Can you deploy a violent action (slap) on a neighbor and call dat LOVE? The Bible didn't mention love ur fellow christian. It said neighbor, which includes unbelievers.

The slap was a moment of weakness exhibited by Bishop Oyedepo. He sud neva have done that. I'm sure there's atleast one place in the bible that advocates obeying the laws of man and nature sud de not go against the laws of God. Bishop Oyedapo commited sin against mankind by disobeying the moral laws of the land. You do not dehumanise and assault anybody, no mata under what disguise. Religious or Not.

As humans we sud learn to see from all angles and not follow the bandwagon. The fact that he's a sound man of God doesn't mean he can't make mistakes or exhibit some temperament.

What should have happened should have been a private apology and then counseling to ensure she converts and is indeed saved. That would have been the honorable path to take.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nellyd(f): 3:24pm On May 06, 2012
ValNweze: i realy dont kn how narrow minded some pple cn be..why ws Jesus nt prosecuted for chasing pple selling stuff out of d church..even scattering their goods..teling them my fathers house is d house of prayer n nt d den of thieves. Mayb be u shuld tel me where d bible commanded one2 b a witch for christ..instead d bible says 'suffer not a witch to live". I hav2 sound a note of warning 2d ignorant minds tokin rubbish against d man of God. U better b warned or else Gods judgement wil come upon u.
chukwu gozie gi. I dont know y people wont mind dia business. If what he did was wrong, let God b d judge.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by charlsecy4(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2012
ValNweze: why ws Jesus nt prosecuted for chasing pple selling stuff out of d church..even scattering their goods..teling them my fathers house is d house of prayer n nt d den of thieves. Mayb be u shuld tel me where d bible commanded one2 b a witch for christ..instead d bible says 'suffer not a witch to live".

Does the Nigerian state use the Bible as its Constitution?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by eastOFwest(m): 3:35pm On May 06, 2012
solomon111: Look at the way people are insulting the name of the Lord jesus.

This is the most sensible comment on this thread so far. This man has brough shame to the Lord's name and, as a Christian, I'm angry that he doesn't have the humility to handle this situation properly. No doubt, pride and other bias are affecting him.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by KokoBeware: 3:37pm On May 06, 2012
Oyedepo is soooo freaking proud...

All this would have ended if he simply apologised.. to the girl (not the "evil spirit"wink
But No!! i'm sorry is soo difficult instead he came to brag about it.. any one that cannot simply say sorry should me willing to pay...

Jesus said "Feed my sheep"-- not feed on my sheep or slap my sheep...!! What right does he have to condem the girl to hell?? wonder what Jesus will be saying when he heard that part??
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by waledud(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2012
aybaba73@yahoo.co.uk:
from a physical point of view it might look wrong 4 d bishop to slap d girl but i knw dat God ll neva allow his servant to be humilated by any judicial system. Afteral, a diciple of christ cut off an ear of a soldier dat wanted to arrest jesus. Jesus rebuked him because physicaly it was wrong 4 him to do wot he did. Oyedepo is an apostle of d living God. D God who said dat touch not my servant n do my prophet no harm is still alive. I knw he ll never allow bishop oyedepo to be humilated by any judicial system any where. Am a living witness to instances were those dat tried to humilate d late benson idahosa of blessed memory, met calamities of different degrees. Jugdes n lawyers were badly affected,afflicted n some even lost dia lives in d proccess. D petitioners had gud cases but d God who called him was wrathed n stood by him. Those who were called as witness against d archbishop together with d petitioners died under funny circumstances. Those dat re stil alive 2day re stil struggling. D struggle has caught up wit dia children. I knw many of dem in benin. I knw exactly wot am talking abt. Dis is a war b/wn d kindom of darkness n d kindom of heaven. I jst pity dat lawer dat took up d case. We wil all see wot ll happen. Am nt d bishop's member but i knw a little of how God operates. Pls mind d way u talk against d bishop because God wil nt leave him at dis time.
[b]
aybaba73@yahoo.co.uk:
[/b]
aybaba73@yahoo.co.uk:

Well said..took τ̲̅ђe thought right out my mind
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On May 06, 2012
hmmmm
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 06, 2012
Why has the so called Lawyer not go an sue Cele Prophet and Churches that flogs with Broom and Cain? Why is Oyedepo's case a special one. Thief Lawyer that want to reap where he did not sow. Go and start your own church if you think making money is easy. Foolish lawyer.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by AlusiOkija: 3:51pm On May 06, 2012
I would like to see him locked up in a jail cell and slapped around by inmates whiled being a'nally raped by Hot burly convicts.. Then I want to see him pray for a 'paul and silas' type jailbreak.

I hope they award the innocent witch girl a shitload of his money.. Payback is a female dog!! Hehe
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by AlusiOkija: 3:53pm On May 06, 2012
celeboi: Why has the so called Lawyer not go an sue Cele Prophet and Churches that flogs with Broom and Cain? Why is Oyedepo's case a special one. Thief Lawyer that want to reap where he did not sow. Go and start your own church if you think making money is easy. Foolish lawyer.

The difference between his case and celestial church is that those people willing submit themselves to be humiliated like that..

In Oyedepos case, the girl didn't suscribe to be slapped.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by EARLYBIRDS: 3:53pm On May 06, 2012
Jude 8-10
8 In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" 10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals-these are the very things that destroy them.
NIV
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 06, 2012
belovedaja: The lady is an agent of darkness. GOD the supreme judge will judge her and her cohorts.

Amen
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Cupidkc(m): 4:00pm On May 06, 2012
The Bishop was wrong by slapping the young lady. He needs to apologise,simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / 10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.