Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady (32805 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / "Angels" Appear In Shepherd Bushiri's Church (Video) / Prophet, C.O Mohammed Weds Young Lady (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Degis(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2012
Ignorance and Nairalanders are synonymous. Appearance in a Civil Case at the beginning is not compulsory unless the pleadings are to be taken immediately. If the Bishop's Lawyers are good like I expect them to be this case will be a walk in the park. It is obvious that the Plantiff will have to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt to get any compensation. If the Bishop is found guilty, He will not pay any amount near this 2Billion naira He is asking for.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 06, 2012
erniok: One thing I know for sure is that there is no witch in heaven so Bishop Oyedepo was right in doing what he did. Its called holy anger. I believe many of you would have typed same poo if you were in apostle Paul era and he did what he did in acts 13:6-11
ur a blind lunatic
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by thehomer: 12:45pm On May 06, 2012
belovedaja: The lady is an agent of darkness. GOD the supreme judge will judge her and her cohorts.

You should come for a slap from me. I'm a pastor too. I'll cast out your demons. If you refuse, you're free to go to hell.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by suleiman16(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2012
belovedaja: The lady is an agent of darkness. GOD the supreme judge will judge her and her cohorts.
u must b a fool,so your own God see notin wrong in abusing,molesting n dehumanizing human being.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by thehomer: 12:46pm On May 06, 2012
Degis: Ignorance and Nairalanders are synonymous. Appearance in a Civil Case at the beginning is not compulsory unless the pleadings are to be taken immediately. If the Bishop's Lawyers are good like I expect them to be this case will be a walk in the park. It is obvious that the Plantiff will have to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt to get any compensation. If the Bishop is found guilty, He will not pay any amount near this 2Billion naira He is asking for.

You do know that there is a video of this and him admitting to have done the deed. Though you could say that he would use his ill-gotten wealth to manipulate the entire process.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by DeCleff(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2012
May the LORD continue to bless u. And as many as have made themselves of righteousness shall be ashamed and confounded.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by waledud(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2012
beylinko: I pity u all

Really, I don't know who I pity τ̲̅ђe most: those who aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ pursuing a purely spiritual matter in τ̲̅ђe worldly court of canal laws OR those running their unbridled tongue on this forum..Yõµ all will tremble in fear by τ̲̅ђe time this case is finished
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by DeCleff(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2012
May the LORD continue to bless u. And as many as have made themselves enemies of righteousness shall be ashamed and confounded.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by 2good(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2012
ValNweze: i realy dont kn how narrow minded some pple cn be..why ws Jesus nt prosecuted for chasing pple selling stuff out of d church..even scattering their goods..teling them my fathers house is d house of prayer n nt d den of thieves. Mayb be u shuld tel me where d bible commanded one2 b a witch for christ..instead d bible says 'suffer not a witch to live". I hav2 sound a note of warning 2d ignorant minds tokin rubbish against d man of God. U better b warned or else Gods judgement wil come upon u.

Are you not tired of proclaiming empty threat on people? Look how many of your declarations have improved the life of an average Nigerian? You guys spent time looking for solution to your problems in the wrong place where as the solution lies exactly opposite where you're looking at.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Delafruita(m): 12:54pm On May 06, 2012
@erniok
most of the acts carried out by David,Joshua and the israelites as recorded in the Bible would in this age and time attract the tag of "genocide" and the main actors would have been made to face the ICC for war crimes.times are different and the Bishop needs to act according to the rules of this times

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by 2good(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2012
Degis: Ignorance and Nairalanders are synonymous. Appearance in a Civil Case at the beginning is not compulsory unless the pleadings are to be taken immediately. If the Bishop's Lawyers are good like I expect them to be this case will be a walk in the park. It is obvious that the Plantiff will have to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt to get any compensation. If the Bishop is found guilty, He will not pay any amount near this 2Billion naira He is asking for.

I think everybody know the bolded part of your quote. He just need to acknowledge he was wrong for slapping a harmless young girl
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by jamace(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2012
The pastor slapped an innocent poor girl but will never slap corrupt politicians who pay tithe with stolen public money in his church. The pastor must have sensed that the girl had no tithe money and was therefore a waste of space in his church and wanted to chase her away by fire by force.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by edoselele: 1:17pm On May 06, 2012
he did nt slap the gal,he only slap the evil spirit in her,chikena!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by beylinko(m): 1:19pm On May 06, 2012
musKeeto:
We pity you more...

even a mad man knows fire...
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by antartica(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2012
This kind of exemplary cases will usher in sanity in nigerian society.It will be like a case when scumbags like obj,ibb,atiku,bankole,kalu,anenih and co are put on trial for their crimes against humanity.Crimes against innocent children.

Then nigeria will make sense to rational people.

Meanwhile,using the word"lady" for describing an adolecent by the reporter is very unenglish and unsuitable for describing the despicable crime of violently beating and mentally terrorizing a child.Sometimes people don't understand the vital terms use,even when they say they speak like the queen.And it is detrimental to how society function,because we dont understand the language we speak.

Show me an indigenous(native) country that is developed using a foreign language as official language?
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2012
from a physical point of view it might look wrong 4 d bishop to slap d girl but i knw dat God ll neva allow his servant to be humilated by any judicial system. Afteral, a diciple of christ cut off an ear of a soldier dat wanted to arrest jesus. Jesus rebuked him because physicaly it was wrong 4 him to do wot he did. Oyedepo is an apostle of d living God. D God who said dat touch not my servant n do my prophet no harm is still alive. I knw he ll never allow bishop oyedepo to be humilated by any judicial system any where. Am a living witness to instances were those dat tried to humilate d late benson idahosa of blessed memory, met calamities of different degrees. Jugdes n lawyers were badly affected,afflicted n some even lost dia lives in d proccess. D petitioners had gud cases but d God who called him was wrathed n stood by him. Those who were called as witness against d archbishop together with d petitioners died under funny circumstances. Those dat re stil alive 2day re stil struggling. D struggle has caught up wit dia children. I knw many of dem in benin. I knw exactly wot am talking abt. Dis is a war b/wn d kindom of darkness n d kindom of heaven. I jst pity dat lawer dat took up d case. We wil all see wot ll happen. Am nt d bishop's member but i knw a little of how God operates. Pls mind d way u talk against d bishop because God wil nt leave him at dis time.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by thebaisify(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2012

The evidence is on youtube....what other proof are you looking for He even boasted about it in subsequent church services so even a charge n bail lawyer will win this one easily!!!!
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Skipfr(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2012
@beloveaja. U r a big fool. Na so man of God go slp wit ur wif if u hv 1 and tel u say e c am 4 vision u go acept because na MOG talk am. U hv a brain problem. Does xtianity stop us 4rm knwng wrong? Young man b wise
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Krucifax(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2012
Once we had hoped that the backwardness of this (supposedly)great nation,would be erased when the older generation (50s,60s) are off the scene.
Since this debacle started comments i have read on the matter tell me Nigeria has a long way to go,and the mindset of alot of the youth are just as backwards as their forebears.
It shows technology,media and even travel is not enough to broaden some people's unenlightened minds.And to think Nigeria is held up as one of the forerunners of Africe makes me laugh till i'm in tears.
I applaud some of Mr Oyedapo's social contributions,but on this matter any of his sympathisers needs to get their heads checked. Fact!!!!!!!!

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" My people una too mumu (I'm sorry).
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by analynda: 1:29pm On May 06, 2012
ok
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by antartica(m): 1:31pm On May 06, 2012
We can't use primitivity as an excuse for violence and foo-lishness,all man are equal before the law,that is if we believe in universal laws.

It not a civil case,it is criminal case but because niigeria is a failed state,the state didn't take it up.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by thebaisify(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2012
aybaba73@yahoo.co.uk:
from a physical point of view it might look wrong 4 d bishop to slap d girl but i knw dat God ll neva allow his servant to be humilated by any judicial system. Afteral, a diciple of christ cut off an ear of a soldier dat wanted to arrest jesus. Jesus rebuked him because physicaly it was wrong 4 him to do wot he did. Oyedepo is an apostle of d living God. D God who said dat touch not my servant n do my prophet no harm is still alive. I knw he ll never allow bishop oyedepo to be humilated by any judicial system any where. Am a living witness to instances were those dat tried to humilate d late benson idahosa of blessed memory, met calamities of different degrees. Jugdes n lawyers were badly affected,afflicted n some even lost dia lives in d proccess. D petitioners had gud cases but d God who called him was wrathed n stood by him. Those who were called as witness against d archbishop together with d petitioners died under funny circumstances. Those dat re stil alive 2day re stil struggling. D struggle has caught up wit dia children. I knw many of dem in benin. I knw exactly wot am talking abt. Dis is a war b/wn d kindom of darkness n d kindom of heaven. I jst pity dat lawer dat took up d case. We wil all see wot ll happen. Am nt d bishop's member but i knw a little of how God operates. Pls mind d way u talk against d bishop because God wil nt leave him at dis time.

Omo....can you write in proper English? Your post was difficult to understand....what were you trying to say?
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by sammirano: 1:40pm On May 06, 2012
it's now obvious that we are in the end time with all the post above. People are no more afraid to say rubbish against a man of God, you people don't even think of what can befall you afterwards. I pity your generations from 1 to 6.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 06, 2012
Sammirano:

Shut up and think with your head.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by logicboy: 1:43pm On May 06, 2012
sammirano: it's now obvious that we are in the end time with all the post above. People are no more afraid to say rubbish against a man of God, you people don't even think of what can befall you afterwards. I pity your generations from 1 to 6.

You're a brainwashed mofo. Oyedepo should slap your mother and let's see how you'll feel
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 06, 2012
The lady will be adjudged as being truly molested as against her wish if:
-She was forced to come out as a witch;
-She did not witness other 'self-proclaimed' witches being slapped in the gathering on the day prior to being slapped.
-She struggled to avoid being slapped or protested by any noticeable means immediately after being slapped or shortwhile thereafter.
If any of the above actions did not occur, then it will be very hard to prove her case.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by minnygirl(f): 1:44pm On May 06, 2012
ValNweze: i realy dont kn how narrow minded some pple cn be..why ws Jesus nt prosecuted for chasing pple selling stuff out of d church..even scattering their goods..teling them my fathers house is d house of prayer n nt d den of thieves. Mayb be u shuld tel me where d bible commanded one2 b a witch for christ..instead d bible says 'suffer not a witch to live". I hav2 sound a note of warning 2d ignorant minds tokin rubbish against d man of God. U better b warned or else Gods judgement wil come upon u.
you always have a place in the bible to justify Oyedepo misconduct !
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 06, 2012
I think the whole 'I'm a witch for Jesus' and the subsequent slap was stage-managed in order to deceive his gullible congregants. He is real con-man.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 06, 2012
beylinko:
even a mad man knows fire...
And the blind man walks right into it..
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by bixconsult: 1:45pm On May 06, 2012
fellow nairalanders

we should not judge, the case is still in court so lets wait and see

the alter call, was the lady forced to come out?

we should tell our pastors to have similar altar call be made for corrupt government officials, bribe-giving contractors, drug dealers as they are also in the church.
Re: Oyedepo Fails To Appear In Court For Slapping A Young Lady by sammirano: 1:48pm On May 06, 2012
logicboy:

You're a brainwashed mofo. Oyedepo should slap your mother and let's see how you'll feel
the devil has deluded you into thinking irationally and you following suit into destruction beware of the wrath of God upon you. Even if what he did was wrong it shouldn't come From your rotten mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / 10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.