Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? (8928 Views)

Flood Takes Over Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Morning (Photos) / Photos: Helicopters With Flags Seen Flying Over Lagos / Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by nku5: 1:54pm On May 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Naptu,

I do not have the ruling on this dispute. Thank God for the wisdom of the Idejo chiefs refusing to support the British treaty without first getting an outlined clarity on the rightful owners of the land. If it hadn't been for their resolve, Federal Government through the various regimes would have kicked Aworis off their land and indeed declared it a "No man's land.

Property owners should be made to pay property tax to the State Government since the land is leased. The deed to the land gives authority to develop or occupy but the right to use ought to be levied.

Err dude property owners in lagos and all other states in the federal republic of nigeria DO pay Ground Rent and Tenement Rate to the state government
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 4:19pm On May 09, 2012
Onlytruth: If anyone is serious about the ultimate truth, it is to acknowledge that EVERY land owner in Lagos is part of the "owners" of Lagos. Simple and short. In all honesty, the Nigerian-Biafran war skewed a lot of minds in Nigeria. sad
That is why there was "abandoned property" situation in some parts of Nigeria, basically to use it as a weapon of divide and rule. In a final solution situation, every land genuinely bought and owned will be reclaimed whether peacefully or violently.
But come to think of it, isn't it very obtuse for a person to expect another to abandon a fairly acquired land?
Nigeria must be one of the most stoopid places in the world, because I don't hear of abandoned property in any other country on earth.
So, to cut to the chase, Lagos is owned by the indigenes of course, PLUS EVERY LAND OWNER in Lagos, be he Igbo, Hausa, Edo, Ijaw, Fulani, Berom, Kattaf and so on. Lagos is a de facto multi-ethnic state. People should get over waiting for abandoned property in Lagos (particularly) because it will NEVER happen. undecided

I can understand if the situation is something like indigenes 90%, settlers 10%, in which case the "settlers" may be convinced to sell their properties back to the indigenes in exchange for a peaceful departure. In a situation whereby up to 40% -50% of land is owned by "settlers", no person in his/her mind would accept anything short of full and permanent "indigenization" (read naturalization) of such settlers. That is how every international court would see it. cool

well no we dont accept . u must sell and go back to your village. and if you dont sell, then be prepared to starve. cus we will not sell you food , or allow u to have food. u will live in ur house and die of hunger. am very sure you dont have no farm land.

bastard.

you want to use nigeria to colonise other peoples land.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by CyberG: 4:30pm On May 09, 2012
nku5:

Err dude property owners in lagos and all other states in the federal republic of nigeria DO pay Ground Rent and Tenement Rate to the state government

That is not the point. Now, Nigerian constitution and laws allow for what you describe. In the future if at all Nigeria disintegrates, a new law will come into effect and everyone must compulsorily without negotiation or second thoughts leave to the native lands of their ancestors. Houses can be moved, sold or destroyed but their absolutely will be no foreigners in the land and offenders shall be summarily punished very severely.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 4:34pm On May 09, 2012
these bastard igbos will never learn.

always wanting to impose themselves on others.

we dont even have to fire a shot.

we will just burn down their shops and deny them food.

and we go see how they will survive.

i cant understand why these idiots cant be diplomatic and avoid their stupid decision making.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2012
Odua,

Onlytruth has three options to choose from when his vision of Biafra actualizes:

1. remain a Biafran and relocate out of Yorubaland, then apply for documentation to re-enter as an immigrant.
2. disown Biafra and become Yoruba, with no need to relocate
3. become an illegal immigrant, i.e., an undocumented Biafran in Yorubaland.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Ejine(m): 4:44pm On May 09, 2012
Ol' boy, una no get handwork o.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by CyberG: 6:29pm On May 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Odua,

Onlytruth has three options to choose from when his vision of Biafra actualizes:

1. remain a Biafran and relocate out of Yorubaland, then apply for documentation to re-enter as an immigrant.
2. disown Biafra and become Yoruba, with no need to relocate
3. become an illegal immigrant, i.e., an undocumented Biafran in Yorubaland.

None of those is Acceptable!! Every NON-NAATIVE must compulsorily leave! No need to create another problem that will come full circle in another 100 years!
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2012
CyberG:

None of those is Acceptable!! Every NON-NAATIVE must compulsorily leave! No need to create another problem that will come full circle in another 100 years!

I concur entirely with the above sentiment!!!

When we split, we want nothing whatsoever to do with the ibos.

Give them an inch and before long, they will take the whole ph.ocking village.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ak47mann(m): 7:04pm On May 09, 2012
T9ksy:

I concur entirely with the above sentiment!!!

When we split, we want nothing whatsoever to do with the ibos.

we are going to take over ibadan,oyo and abiokuta and u will not do any jack shiiittttttttttt you monkey cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2012
ak47mann: we are going to take over ibadan,oyo and abiokuta and u will not do any jack shiiittttttttttt

If only wishes were horses................
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 9:18pm On May 09, 2012
ak47mann: we are going to take over ibadan,oyo and abiokuta and u will not do any jack shiiittttttttttt you monkey cool

i think u need to think about ur father and brothers , before u talk like that.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2012
CyberG:

. . you know what? You guys are correct! These are Ibos we are talking about. You rent land to them and they think they own it.

Their only option will be to return to Osu Nation.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by kettykin: 5:59am On May 10, 2012
the land of lagos belongs to yorubas , the fed govt should urgently move the hq of nnpc and all oil and gas company to nigerdelta or abuja. Also a new business and commercial capital that will have enough land for all and be close to all parts of the country in kogi state around lokoja should be built.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by kettykin: 6:03am On May 10, 2012
the same govt that built apapa port should build ibaka port and finish the enugu int airport , this will enable igbos and nigerdelta to divest from lagos and return home to build their villages and towns, possible gej should implement this in the next rolling plan

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by kettykin: 6:08am On May 10, 2012
the idea of centralising bank , oil company , telecom and insurance hq in lagos is not good for national security and integration, the worst part is that lagos is congested and has no space for expansion and lagos is on water making it costly to implement civil projects so an alternative should be sought like lokoja for centrality or calabar for balance
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by naptu2: 6:20am On May 10, 2012
kettykin: the land of lagos belongs to yorubas , the fed govt should urgently move the hq of nnpc and all oil and gas company to nigerdelta or abuja. Also a new business and commercial capital that will have enough land for all and be close to all parts of the country in kogi state around lokoja should be built.

NNPC headquarters is in Abuja (the Chinese (Golden Plaza), then MTN took over the former NNPC headquarters @ Falomo). Oil and gas companies are private companies.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by naptu2: 6:24am On May 10, 2012
Thank you for reminding me to post the history of Apapa Port and pictures of Apapa Port at inception.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ikeyman00(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2012
@@@@

Yoruba people are bunch of jokes!!

at least yall beginining to accept the great igbo arent what u fool mock about

we will are looking to take over lagos governor at someday

and as for those of you in face me i face u plz leave the thread
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

we will are looking to take over lagos governor at someday

and as for those of you in face me i face u plz leave the thread

cool cool cool

I laugh at them most times because most of them commenting here don't have the slightest clue.
Lagos is gone for good, and so it shall remain.
If we vex, we go buy up Ogun state join! cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

[b]we will are looking to take over lagos governor at someday

[/b]and as for those of you in face me i face u plz leave the thread

Now i see why the hausa/fulanis slaughters you guys like eran ileya(Ramadan goats)at any slightest opportunity.

They know, given half the chance, you guys will take over their region.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:42am On May 10, 2012
T9ksy:

Now i see why the hausa/fulanis slaughters you guys like eran ileya(Ramadan goats)at any slightest opportunity.

They know, given half the chance, you guys will take over their region.

Why do you people ALWAYS mouth off too much over Hausa killings? Oh I get it now. YOU LACK THE BALLS TO ATTEMPT ONE!
You will lament till the end of time and we will be making hay in Lagos and other parts of Ogun state that we are currently buying up.

I dey laff. cool cool cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2012
If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East
I live out there, so don't go there
But that don't mean a nigga can't rest in the West
See some nice b.r.easts in the West. . .

hehe! grin cool cool cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2012
Onlytruth:

cool cool cool

I laugh at them most times because most of them commenting here don't have the slightest clue.
Lagos is gone for good, and so it shall remain.
If we vex, we go buy up Ogun state join! cool

Like you lot bought up all the major cities in the north where presently ibos are been evacuated for fear of BH.

Why don't you guys have any pride in your region? All we hear from ibos is how another man's ancestral land now belongs to them.

But when the people now try to avert this impending doom, the same ibos will start playing the victim card,i.e genocide.

He who plans to do what no-one has done before shall witness things/events that no-one has seen before.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:52am On May 10, 2012
Anyway, on a VERY SERIOUS note, every land owner in Lagos is a de facto Lagosian. Period.
Any attempt to forcefully remove them post-disintegration, is an act of war.
Just be ready.
Nuff said.

Signing off,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth. cool cool cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Gbawe: 9:53am On May 10, 2012
oduasolja: these bastard igbos will never learn.

i cant understand why these idiots cant be diplomatic and avoid their stupid decision making.

My guy, to be honest, you need to cool it with these sort of talk. I generally stay away from these sort of thread but what you write here is really unpleasant to read. This is 2012. We should be taking our examples from London, New York, Paris and other cosmopolitan Cities of excellence where individual talent and ability, not a misplaced sense of entitlement, is king above everything else.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Beaf: 9:57am On May 10, 2012
O-Power! O-Liar! grin grin grin
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 10, 2012
Is Lagos paradise? Why is it that before an igbo man succeeds in Nigeria he must first come over to Lagos? Is it true that according to the national population commission and the national bureau of statistics, the number of igbos that are in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta are more than those in the south east? Is the igbo land cursed? Why do the igbos hate yorubas so much yet they find their land indispensible?
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ak47mann(m): 10:23am On May 10, 2012
lakhadimar: Is Lagos paradise? Why is it that before an igbo man succeeds in Nigeria he must first come over to Lagos? Is it true that according to the national population commission and the national bureau of statistics, the number of igbos that are in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta are more than those in the south east? Is the igbo land cursed? Why do the igbos hate yorubas so much yet they find their land indispensible?
and who told you that igbo outside SE is higher in population than the ones living in SE another yoreba monkey again,and secondly Lagos is not your land if u doubt me go and touch an igbo man property there and see if police will not take you around the corner next thing your body will be found in lagoon,you die over something that is not yours,igbos and other tribe contributed and still contributing in Lagos state.I wish that each region should feed herself and let see how some poor under developed impoverish yorobe state will survive without handouts coming from the same people you complain about.that will be devastating cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 10:26am On May 10, 2012
Onlytruth: Anyway, on a VERY SERIOUS note, every land owner in Lagos is a de facto Lagosian. Period.
Any attempt to forcefully remove them post-disintegration, is an act of war.
Just be ready.
Nuff said.

Signing off,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth. cool cool cool

ahhh. u want war. okay.

well remember starvation is a weapon of war
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ak47mann(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2012
some monkeys are still affected by Africa sun/heat that's why they cant move forward,away from reality cool cool cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by presido1: 11:41am On May 10, 2012
oduasolja: these bastard igbos will never learn.

And you think you are diplomatic by making the highlighted sentence. The meaning of Diplomatic must have changed overnight.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 10, 2012
If Nigeria disintegrates today....I don't see any reason why any non-Yoruba will still want to make the West home without accepting the FACT that he/she is an immigrant. Nigeria (that gives you the privilege to enter and exit the West freely) cease to exist the day Biafra comes alive.

Get it into your heads, your privilege to live and work in Lagos or any part of the South-West for that matter as a free citizen, cease the day you get your Biafra.

Before you get Biafra...do whatever you want with your properties...destroy it...sell it or simply carry it into Biafra.

Anything after you get Biafra becomes an abandon property..simple as dodo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Gowon Rejected The Aburi Accord / Adegboruwa Drags Buhari,Others To Court Over Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN / Nwulu Hosts Muhammed Suleiman Kadade, Pledges Support To His Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.