Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? (8929 Views)

Flood Takes Over Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Morning (Photos) / Photos: Helicopters With Flags Seen Flying Over Lagos / Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by CyberG: 7:11pm On May 07, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thank you for an enlightened response!
My brother sometimes I have to address and educate these ignoramuses about the ultimate truth.
I just laugh when I see people warming up to claim other people's property post disintegration.
Like I said before, in a united Nigeria where the "owners of Nigeria" are playing one side against the other, "abandoned property" is possible. It is a completely different scenario in a disintegrated Nigeria, especially in light of the fact that those properties where acquired through shared nationality as Nigerians.
Bottomline is that Lagos will become like New York (in terms of demographic mix) very soon, with nobody even able to claim any ethnic ownership. FACT. cool

Yes, like New York if you are luck enough not to get a disintegrated Nigeria. This is what you have now in Nigeria where everyone likes to live, visit, invest or associate with Lagos. If by ANY chance Nigeria breaks, its sai gobe! There's no need for "abandoned property", just move it away and luckily there's now technology to move a house several thousand kilometers to anywhere. This will be a good business to start in Nigeria. If you get your utopia country, well we are all done: the law that upholds the country you killed cannot be used retroactively to your benefit except of course if you wish to repeat a historic, costly error! If you can mass ~30 Million strong army from the East across the Mid West to Lagos, then you may have a fleeting chance of being taking serious in your claims. Note however and think carefully because massing this army will be the easiest part of your task because I can see about half that number isolated after the connecting bridges to the lands are destroyed, then multiple forks penetrating from the the top, bottom, back and front of these armies. Your scarcely guarded homefront may first be razed down with an army in pursuit from the rear, forks on all sides like I described and then you are still thousands of kilometers from your elusive objective. A word is enough!
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by aljharem(m): 7:13pm On May 07, 2012
I don't enjoy this Lagos topics at all !!!
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 07, 2012
alj harem: I don't enjoy this Lagos topics at all !!!

You a whole Lagosian from the ruling family? Don't worry, next week when you become the crown prince of the Benin Kingdom, you will feel better.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 7:21pm On May 07, 2012
Onlytruth,

Your people are emotionally and egotistically attached to these properties that they build in Lagos. Any time your ego is attached to a material object, you become enslaved to that object. Politically, your people are enslaving their ethnicity and identity to the Nigerian conscience to the effect that if every other ethnic group come out and say they want a dissolution of Nigeria the one single group that will be economically and socially impacted the most will be Ibos because of their vast investments in property and trade outside their homeland. This is not to suggest that other people do not invest outside their territory but by comparison of the top 50 billion naira investments for each ethnic group the Yorubas are at home, the Hausas are at home but the Ibos are not. . . .your top nairas are distributed into other economies and markets.

While other people are agitating for a dissolution of this country, the Ibo voice, in interest of self-preservation, ought to do the opposite. . . .that is, agitate for a One Nigeria! This is an interesting turn of fate because if you look through Nigerian history the two Igbo rulers Azikiwe and Ironsi both went for central control using parliamentary and military strategies respectively to forge a one country from which the Igbo blood can dominate from center. Your newblood traders and businessmen will have to follow their steps and hope for a unity in order to remain egotistically attached to their installed properties in other people's land.

A dissolution will work against your interest and amassed wealth outside your region.

FACT!
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by amosy007: 7:22pm On May 07, 2012
niggadee: nah they are originally igbo people grin Lol

the thing taya me o :-/ wink
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by aljharem(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2012
Aigbofa:

You a whole Lagosian from the ruling family? Don't worry, next week when you become the crown prince of the Benin Kingdom, you will feel better.

My brother, don't be like that. Aigbofa this does not occur in Lagos. It is only on NL people argue and counter argue.

I think the argument should be dropped.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2012
continuing with discussion of who the Idejo Chiefs are. . . .

Yoruba can be defined here as a commonwealth of cultures and peoples under the dominion and sovereignty of Oyo Empire, the last standing Yoruba Political Sovereignty when the British forces landed in Eko.

In Eko, the elite ruling class is an aggregate of influences from Oyo Empire, Bini Empire and Nupe Kingdom. Out of the Oyo Empire we have the Aworis and the Eguns; out of the Bini Empire we have the Binis; out of the Nupe Kingdom we have the Tapas.

The Aworis, the original land owners of Eko (Awunrin) were people of Olofin, settlers from Ile-Ife. The children of Olofin and the original rulers in Eko needed military protection against incursion from Dahomey and made invitations to Oyo. Oyo military operates cavalry formations but the dense forest of the Awori riverine land were highly risky and unsuited for their horses and so protected them from the northern flank. Dahomey soon found new channells to invade by attacking through coastal waters at Whydah (Ouida or Allada). Dahomey then controlled the Eko coast and its outlets into the Sea and Portuguese trade. Invitations were then sent to Bini for protection against Dahomey and Oba of Bini dispatched warriors to Eko. These warriors of Bini Kingdom consisted of Edos, Itsekiris and Ilajes. This protection resulted in a treaty between the Idejo Chiefs (Aworis) and the Bini Oba to stay a permanent base in Eko. Asipa (Asikpa) thus became the first Bini to represent the Oba in Eko. The Idejo Chiefs gave land in what is now Iga Idunganran from where the Binis could enforce their administration and protection of the lagoon and coastal waters. This was how Bini monarcy started in Eko. Chiefs were dispatched from Bini to Eko to advise and assist Asipa in the administration of his duties and the exercise of the treaty. These Bini chiefs are the Akarigbere group.

The Idejo chiefs' insignia of office is the IruKere (Horsetail) which is the symbol of throne for the Alaafin of Oyo. This denotes their ancestry. The Akarigbere chiefs' insignia of office is the Abere (Sword) or Scepter) which is the symbol of throne for the Oba of Bini. The sword denotes ancestry from Bini and can be seen in this picture of Oba of Lagos.

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by SamIkenna: 9:24pm On May 07, 2012
Umunna, Caution - that should be our watch-word. If and when Nigeria breaks, its initially likely to be a jungle where groups extract their pound of flesh, draw their lines and enforce their ultra-conservative laws of exclusion and hate. Trust me, you dont want to be caught outside your turf during this period.

During this exclusionary period, investments by outsiders are likely to be either looted by touts, bunch of insane and semi-insane, on-bridge and under-bridge agberos, Bigots, criminals, and mob wannabes. Also, investments can be expropriated by the new government as a show of iron-will and power to their people. However, the dust will settle after awhile and the new govts are likely to start asking for the return of their citizens' properties.

This new stage of property return or ownership re-instatement is likely to be tough initially but after high-power local and international campaign and pressure, sanity is guranteed to prevail, after all southern people have properties in Abuja and Kano, West has properties in PH and Enugu (Marginal), East and North have properties in Lagos.

In summary, we all have some chips to bargain with. I dont expect people to buy into it but remember the world doesnt always work according to our hate-filled wishes. What I accept is that our initial reality is likely to be a jungle - dog eat dog kind, but after that we still have to face humanity where international law guarantees that I should have my investments back or get its worth. At any rate, its always better to have your investment situated right in your own backyard.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by naptu2: 10:04pm On May 07, 2012
Negro_Ntns: continuing with discussion of who the Idejo Chiefs are. . . .

Yoruba can be defined here as a commonwealth of cultures and peoples under the dominion and sovereignty of Oyo Empire, the last standing Yoruba Political Sovereignty when the British forces landed in Eko.

In Eko, the elite ruling class is an aggregate of influences from Oyo Empire, Bini Empire and Nupe Kingdom. Out of the Oyo Empire we have the Aworis and the Eguns; out of the Bini Empire we have the Binis; out of the Nupe Kingdom we have the Tapas.

The Aworis, the original land owners of Eko (Awunrin) were people of Olofin, settlers from Ile-Ife. The children of Olofin and the original rulers in Eko needed military protection against incursion from Dahomey and made invitations to Oyo. Oyo military operates cavalry formations but the dense forest of the Awori riverine land were highly risky and unsuited for their horses and so protected them from the northern flank. Dahomey soon found new channells to invade by attacking through coastal waters at Whydah (Ouida or Allada). Dahomey then controlled the Eko coast and its outlets into the Sea and Portuguese trade. Invitations were then sent to Bini for protection against Dahomey and Oba of Bini dispatched warriors to Eko. These warriors of Bini Kingdom consisted of Edos, Itsekiris and Ilajes. This protection resulted in a treaty between the Idejo Chiefs (Aworis) and the Bini Oba to stay a permanent base in Eko. Asipa (Asikpa) thus became the first Bini to represent the Oba in Eko. The Idejo Chiefs gave land in what is now Iga Idunganran from where the Binis could enforce their administration and protection of the lagoon and coastal waters. This was how Bini monarcy started in Eko. Chiefs were dispatched from Bini to Eko to advise and assist Asipa in the administration of his duties and the exercise of the treaty. These Bini chiefs are the Akarigbere group.

The Idejo chiefs' insignia of office is the IruKere (Horsetail) which is the symbol of throne for the Alaafin of Oyo. This denotes their ancestry. The Akarigbere chiefs' insignia of office is the Abere (Sword) or Scepter) which is the symbol of throne for the Oba of Bini. The sword denotes ancestry from Bini and can be seen in this picture of Oba of Lagos.

+ 100
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Rhino5dm: 10:15pm On May 07, 2012
Ha ha ha. . .I can see alot of stup!dity on this thread. lol

Here is my take-
1. When nigeria is no more, we the people of south west would have our passport and national identity card which must be issued at village community level, based on personal idenfication of family history by the oba

2. We must have control over our banks, markets, airports, industires economy, and any other investiment located within geographical location of south west MUST come under a unified government and resources must be equally distributed among states.

3. There must be LIMIT of fund transfer to other countires e.g arewa republic or niger delta.

4. Working permit or residency permit would NEVER be permanent, as the angolan type policy must be in place and strictly implemented. Deportation, detention would be options. Your VISA won't be renewed, until after staying out of our country for more than 5 months

So, those who are dreaming should continue, as when it will happen, they would forget about this thread.

-Above all, OPC will be fully armed like hezbollah, with responsibility of restoring our lost glory.

-Land use act similar to that of 1979 will be in place. I.e all land must belongs to central goverment. . . .Fashola shall be our first prime minister.

I expect all the emerging countires to do same cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 07, 2012
It's annoying when people have a discourse about the history of Lagos, and exclude the Ijebu merchants, and the Egbas - and focus on the Aworis in Eko only... The Ijebus and the Egbas made Lagos of old what it was.. We brought life to Eko; we were the ones who made Lagos Island; we own the biggest festival in Lagos(Eyo); returnee slaves(mostly of Egba and Ijebu stock) brought fanti carnival to Lagos; and the Lagos elites (millionaires and billionaires) of the past were of the Egba and Ijebu stock. The Shitta Beys, Da Rochas, Bode Thomas etc. are not Aworis... Even right now, the most important parts of Lagos are not Awori land...

Talking about Lagos, and not including us - is like a slap to our face... We made Lagos what it was, and what it is today.. We're tired of people calling Lagos, Awori Land - Lagos belongs to the Ijebus, Egbas, Aworis, Eguns, and partially Tapas (Tapas are neglible though)... If the Aworis want to claim Lagos to themselves, good luck to them - they should let us join our kins, to create Ijebu state. And the Egbas can join the present day Ogun state....

That's just my two cents.. cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2012
shymmex: It's annoying when people have a discourse about the history of Lagos, and exclude the Ijebu merchants, and the Egbas - and focus on the Aworis in Eko only... The Ijebus and the Egbas made Lagos of old what it was.. We brought life to Eko; we were the ones who made Lagos Island; we own the biggest festival in Lagos(Eyo); returnee slaves(mostly of Egba and Ijebu stock) brought fanti carnival to Lagos; and the Lagos elites (millionaires and billionaires) of the past were of the Egba and Ijebu stock. The Shitta Beys, Da Rochas, Bode Thomas etc. are not Aworis... Even right now, the most important parts of Lagos are not Awori land...

Talking about Lagos, and not including us - is like a slap to our face... We made Lagos what it was, and what it is today.. We're tired of people calling Lagos, Awori Land - Lagos belongs to the Ijebus, Egbas, Aworis, Eguns, and partially Tapas (Tapas are neglible though)... If the Aworis want to claim Lagos to themselves, good luck to them - they should let us join our kins, to create Ijebu state. And the Egbas can join the present day Ogun state....

hehehe! grin I see that we Ndigbo will certainly have ready allies in Lagos, one way or another.
The funny thing is that the most xenophobic and purist "Lagosians" here are actually settlers in the same boat as Ndigbo and everybody else: Hausa, Edo, Ibibio, Ijaw etc. At the end of the day, apart from the aboriginals (the Awori/Egun) everybody else is a settler there. I've decided not to talk about military issues anymore because I figure it is useless.
The only way people who paid fair value for land in Lagos would be removed is through ethnic cleansing a la Yugoslavia. Key players in the Yugoslav ethnic cleansing are cooling their heels at the ICC jails at The Hague. When you buy land and build on it, you own the land. Period. I am consoled that Lagos is only about 4-7 hours determined drive from Igboland. Let's just wait till then. For now, the owner of Lagos is EVERYBODY that owns landed property in Lagos.
No ands, ifs or buts about it. cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by naptu2: 11:08pm On May 07, 2012
shymmex: It's annoying when people have a discourse about the history of Lagos, and exclude the Ijebu merchants, and the Egbas - and focus on the Aworis in Eko only... The Ijebus and the Egbas made Lagos of old what it was.. We brought life to Eko; we were the ones who made Lagos Island; we own the biggest festival in Lagos(Eyo); returnee slaves(mostly of Egba and Ijebu stock) brought fanti carnival to Lagos; and the Lagos elites (millionaires and billionaires) of the past were of the Egba and Ijebu stock. The Shitta Beys, Da Rochas, Bode Thomas etc. are not Aworis... Even right now, the most important parts of Lagos are not Awori land...

I'm about to write about a great Egba man on the other Lagos thread.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by aljharem(m): 12:04am On May 08, 2012

Dude we Aworis-Egun make up a vast majority in Lagos. Moreover does it matter which one is Ijebu or egba ? No Awori-Ogu man would tell you he is Awori, his first answer would be I am Yoruba, stop this Ijebu this Egba that.

Let the deluded people contiune with their stu.pidity. We are one Lagosian and One Nigeria.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:01am On May 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Amor4ce,

I read the blog, you are baaad! lol, very good write up! If you did not read Amor4ce' blog, please do so. Link to it from his post on this thread.

On the issue, there are two topics coupled into one. First, the controversy of encroachment and land ownership on Lagos Island and its adjoining metros as well the extension of that controversy into Lagos State generally.

In defining who owns the state and who owns the land, there can be no dispute that it belongs to one ethnic group alone and that group is Yoruba. There are contentions that the state belongs to all Nigerians on the ground that it once served as a Federal Capital Territory. There is sufficient history and written records going as far back as 1800s in which the owners of the land stood up to the British invaders and asserted their rights, even in the face of monumental political obstacles stacked against them.

Lagos State is made up of several parts - Ikeja, Badagry, Isolo, Agege, Ikorodu, Epe, Eko. . . and so on. The primary area of land contention is Eko itself and so we should focus on that.

Regardless of who you speak to, Yoruba, Bini, Hausa, Ibo, there is no disagreement that Aworis were the indigeneous owners of Eko. Over the centuries people of other ethnicities and nationalities have joined them on the land and become co-habiters and developers of the area. People such as Ijebu, Egba, Egun, Oyo, Bini, Ijesa, Igbomina, Tapa, Ilaje, Lebanese, Europeans, Saro, Aguda, Hausa, Ibo. . . and so on. These settlers are not necessarily named in order of their arrival but Ibo is the latest addition to the newcomers. Over centuries of settlement in Eko, never before has any group of settlers or migrants of people laid claim of ownership to the land nor contest the Awori's rights to the land. In the quoted case above, Dosumu did not contest the land ownership but he was challenged in making unitary decision to ceede it away to foreigners and in the outcomne, everybody, including the foreigners, were awakened to the reality on the ground. With the latest migrant of Ibo traders however, there is an incresing noise and clamor to convert rights of ownership. Land deeds or certificate of occupancy on a land is a license to build and use, not a conversion or endowment of native rights. Property ownership does not equate to proprietary rights. To acquire proprietary rights require a different set of dialogue and negotiation above and beyond the ordinary and simple transaction involved in property ownership. If I buy a bottle of cocacola I can do whatever I want with it but my purchase did not include the formula to the mixture. To buy the formula (proprietary rights) I would have to go into negotiation with owners of cocacola; they might sell and they might not sell but their refusal to sell should not give me liberty to denigrate their product and brand and what they stand for in the market.

So what do the Ibos want, do you want property ownership or are you looking for land ownership? Anyone in the global human society can buy land and put their property on the land in Eko. . . .however, the ownership of the land is very restricted. Even the Oba of Lagos does not own land, except what is given to him by the Awori owners. The Governor does not own land except what is given to him by the Awori owners. Some of you are taking the Nigerian constitution and its interpretation too far in comparing its implementation and rule of law with that of USA and countries in Europe. How much of the security and unity promised by the constitution has so far protected you from the abuses and hatred in the North? Yes, the governor is empowered by the constitution to allocate land but I take it that you are interpreting the constitution and that proxy power wrongly.

In the USA, the same country where you rest your hope for justice and equity, the government is a proxy. . . . an administrator installed by the aristocratic land owners through the powers of democracy and capitalism to administer society, land included!

In Eko, the owners of the land are the Idejo Chiefs of Lagos. The Governor does not own land, the Oba does not own land, both the governor and the oba are administrators of land and serve the interest of the land owners (The aristocratic Idejo Chiefs).

So who are the Idejo Chiefs?

busy at moment, more to come. . .

Your long-winded, eloquent, self-indulgent verbiage above for all it's style has very little substance. Guess I'm too lazy and sleepy to address all the absurd points above but suffice it to say you and your brethren may need to research the constitutionally binding land use act. You can sit in your arm chair making all these spurious claims under the cloak of internet anonymity but in the real world, you're in for a really rude system shock if you think for a second your people could lay any claim to the legally acquired property of others. What exactly do you think this is - some 18th century fiefdom? I don't know if you even stay in this country or how well travelled around within it you are but you obviously need to get clued up about the demographic evolution of Lagos. Bottomline - the settlers are here to stay and there's not a thing the ramblers on here can do about it. You best get used to it.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NorthSharp(m): 1:46am On May 08, 2012
CyberG:

Yes, we can differ on opinion but like I opined in a previous post, I think you lace a lot of your posts with APPEASEMENT to people who would rather capsize the ship called Nigeria. How will they not do the same when you naively allow then an inch of a foothold? Do you know cities were sabotaged in war by allowing someone who hates you to stay behind thinking they will reciprocate your generosity and humanity?

If they creativity and diversity is not seen as a MAJOR advantage and a source of strength for Nigeria, is it when you divide it that you will get the creativity and diversity? Naija may never be divided or may never need to if people realize that the only two groups in Nigeria are the people who steal the nation blind from every tribe and religious persuasion and their enablers and the people who suffer for it (the majority). Until the wronged majority rise up to destroy the corrupt minority, Naija will not move forward.

The part in bold is ABSOLUTELY spot on, brother!

The vast majority of our suffering masses, from ALL the ethnic groups, are entrapped in an endless vicious circle of poverty, docility and succession of corrupt and self-centred ruling elite, from all the tribes.

And I am really afraid it's not going to be easy breaking this vicious circle:
- We need to[b] get rid of the present set of heartless, corrupt, irresponsible and self-centred ruling elite (of all the tribes), in one way or another[/b], for there to be any significant and meaningful change in our collective destiny.
- But we cannot get rid of them as long as we remain so docile and divided along ethnic and religious lines.
- And we would remain so docile and divided along ethnic and religious lines as long as these godless, self-centred elite (from all the tribes) keep the vast majority of us so acutely impoverished.
- And they would keep us so acutely impoverished so long as they continue to loot our country so blind;
- And they would continue to loot our country so blind and dry, as long as we allow them to do so;
- And we would continue to allow them to do so as long as we are so acutely impoverished, docile and divided along ethnic and religious lines'
- And we would remain so acutely impoverished, docile and divided along ethnic and religious lines as long as we are led by this set of irresponsible elite- - - -
- and the vicious circle goes on, and on, and on ------!
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 1:47am On May 08, 2012
Onlytruth:
hehehe! grin I see that we Ndigbo will certainly have ready allies in Lagos, one way or another.
The funny thing is that the most xenophobic and purist "Lagosians" here are actually settlers in the same boat as Ndigbo and everybody else: Hausa, Edo, Ibibio, Ijaw etc. At the end of the day, apart from the aboriginals (the Awori/Egun) everybody else is a settler there. I've decided not to talk about military issues anymore because I figure it is useless.
The only way people who paid fair value for land in Lagos would be removed is through ethnic cleansing a la Yugoslavia. Key players in the Yugoslav ethnic cleansing are cooling their heels at the ICC jails at The Hague. When you buy land and build on it, you own the land. Period. I am consoled that Lagos is only about 4-7 hours determined drive from Igboland. Let's just wait till then. For now, the owner of Lagos is EVERYBODY that owns landed property in Lagos.
No ands, ifs or buts about it. cool

Sorry bruv, I'm not with you - part of Lagos is OUR ANCESTRAL LAND!! I'm from Epe - and Ikorodu, Ibeju Lekki, and also Victoria Island belong to my subgroup....The Egbas own Agege, Sango etc.. There is a Yoruba of Lagos origin thing - IGBOS AND OTHER TRIBES ARE MIGRANTS, and you guys are not included in the discourse. grin
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 1:57am On May 08, 2012
alj harem:
Dude we Aworis-Egun make up a vast majority in Lagos. Moreover does it matter which one is Ijebu or egba ? No Awori-Ogu man would tell you he is Awori, his first answer would be I am Yoruba, stop this Ijebu this Egba that.

Let the deluded people contiune with their stu.pidity. We are one Lagosian and One Nigeria.

The Eguns don't make up majority, there are more Ijebus and Egbas in Lagos than the Eguns... As for the Aworis, they probably make up the majority, because they own most of the mainland.. I'm not trying to create a fuss - it's just a clamour for recognition because every time people mention Lagos, they think it's only the Aworis who are indigenes of Lagos... Is it because we're bi-costal, and we're in two states?

The Awori claim always piss my pops off... Alh, I'm not trying to cause division - I'm just clamouring for our well deserved recognition. grin
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by BlackPikiN(m): 3:43am On May 08, 2012
amor4ce: Who says the Igbo people can't take over Lagos? (first click on link to get my drift)

[b]Expert kidnappers

The extent of their cannibalism points to little value for human life since men were seen more as meat than fellows, leading to the acquisition of expertise in kidnapping. When they learnt of the fortune they could make from the sale of their fellow men in the trans-Atlantic slave trade, money displaced cannibalism which had earlier displaced human life in their social priorities, as they began kidnapping themselves to fulfill their craving to be seen as wealthy. The end of the overseas export of slaves meant a closure of an avenue to wealth but many Nigerians, even after Nigerian independence in 1960 still suspected that Igbo cannibalism never stopped. However, when the Igbo noticed that the Niger Delta militants who used kidnap as an avenue to seek redress for rape and environmental degradation were getting success, they revived it as an industry. Right now their homeland is tremendously notorious as they kidnap themselves for ransom almost at will and, to the annoyance of other Nigerians, have been shamelessly perpetrating the act outside of Igboland, even in northern Nigeria where Islam is taken seriously. It is no surprise that they have been the target of terrorist Islamic groups like Boko Haram and repeatedly chased away from and slaughtered in the north, yet they play the victim card and refuse to accept that they have been historical provocateurs. Presently, bandy what they suppose to be actual figures of the sizes of various African populations that were carried away during the slave trade which show that a huge proportion were Igbo and thus boast openly; an attempt to claim fatherhood of African-American slave descendants. Perhaps they are declaring to the world that these numbers are proof of their unmatched expertise at kidnapping![/b]

Damn! See the hate.
You compared Igbo with satan and the devil but people from the SW as been goo and saints.

[b]Both males and females have muscular physiques, and many women have manly-looking biceps, shoulders and calves (cannibalism was tremendously encouraged to attain such looks).
There is the suspicion amongst their neighbours that they engage or used to engage in head-shaping of their infants, an attempt to explain the presence in their population of what appears as near flatness and corners at the rear of their skulls.
Their skin, especially of the women, takes on a peculiar textural appearance as they get past their 60s.
Among Igbo men from, say, 30 years of age and above, the maxilla, that is, the part of the face between the nostrils and the upper lip where the moustache grows to the left and right of the philtrium, appears to take on a bulging shape giving that part of the face a larger surface area like the shape of one-half of a coconut, compared to that of other Nigerian peoples. This feature is easily identified as most shave their moustaches completely. I call it the IGBO MAXILLA.[/b]

Materialism: Just as Esau did not value his birthright but sold it for something (food) perishable, the Igbo people have acquired a reputation for pursuing perishable wealth by any means necessary, even diabolical, without valuing human life.

Little spiritual understanding: Just as Esau preferred hunting game and other cares of the world (see Book of Jasher) to learning from Abraham how to walk with Yehve, the Igbo people prefer to encourage themselves as mercantile entrepreneurs while boasting about their wealth and wealth schemes. Hardly do they display understanding of the spiritual bases of many aspects of life.

Differences

Cannibalism: While the Igbo acquired, in probably unrivalled gastronomic proportions, a craving for human flesh, commonly available records seem not to indicate such a trait with the Biblical Edomites.

Prostitution: Many kingdoms that descended from Edo are located southward in DeIta State and the women therefrom have been regarded as very pretty and easy to bed. Also, it is well known that mothers from Edo prostitute their daughters overseas, especially to Italy, perhaps accounting for the violent crimes like armed robberies and kidnappings in that kingdom (see Leviticus 19:29). With the Igbo it is brazen as they set up brothels in Lagos and other parts of Yorubaland while migrating westward to that region in pursuit of wealth. Their homeland is notorious for baby factories where teenage girls are impregnated and already pregnant teenagers reside, with both eventually selling their babies; some babies are stolen at birth while their mothers are deceived into thinking they had stillbirths.

[size=20pt]amor4ce[/size]

View Amor4ce's Profile

Nairaland Forum / Amor4ce's Profile

Amor4ce's Latest Topics (View All 65)
Politics / The Kwerekwere Testament
by amor4ce. 1 post & 53 views. 5:11am On May 07 (amor4ce)
Politics / Tricycle Operators Groan Over Rising Cases Of Theft
by amor4ce. 1 post & 41 views. 5:02am On May 07 (amor4ce)
Religion / Lords And Thrones
by amor4ce. 1 post & 39 views. 8:03am On May 01 (amor4ce)
Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Meaning Of Yoruba
by amor4ce. 14 posts & 280 views. 6:15am On Apr 22 (CyberG)
Politics / Nigerian Corruption: A New Type Of Scam
by amor4ce. 3 posts & 117 views. 7:20am On Mar 30 (Callotti)
Religion / Proposal For Nairaland-berean Bible Study Series
by amor4ce. 22 posts & 237 views. 2:54am On Mar 01 (amor4ce)

Time registered: May 24, 2007

Time spent online: 17 days & 15 hours

Signature: simply beautiful
http://yemitom./

View Amor4ce's posts (890)

View Amor4ce's topics (65)

Your futile attemp to paint the Igbos bad.
You no go see better.

I will be back for you.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by BlackPikiN(m): 3:44am On May 08, 2012
Associating with Satan’s people: The Yoruba have not been known to claim to be of Israel and thus seek identification with the fake jews also known as the synagogue of Satan (Revelations 2:9 and 3:9). Rather, people have tried to link them with Egypt and Nubia, but this is changing with the unearthing of various overwhelming evidence showing that the Yoruba are truly of the real Israel, as revealed, by anthropologists like emeritus Professor Dierk Lange, in the Bible, and on this blog for instance. Shamelessly, the Igbo have been shouting that they are Hebrews of Israel for reasons like their fair complexion which is near to that of the synagogue of Satan, but not seeing that the true Israelites have Negro features. The Igbo have also claimed to be both the ancestors and descendants of Satan’s people. One of the proponents of such incredibly fallacious claims is Professor Catherine Acholonu. How could a people carry out such a group-wide memory bypass in deliberately forgetting their Edo history? Well, they manifest their group narcissism by encouraging themselves as the best while despising others. Some have been applying to fake Israel to be joined to them which was rejected. Who would want to be associated today with cannibalism?

Mutual respect: The Yoruba are known for their respect for each other and for others, as seen in their mode of greeting for instance. The Yoruba are highly regarded for their ability to integrate with and respect the traditions of their host. This has enabled the Yoruba to establish centuries-old trading relations. Their peaceful attitude has allowed them to tolerate the presence of the Igbo, which is in fulfillment of Yehve’s command to Israel (Deuteronomy 23:7). The Igbo on the other hand have a notoriety for despising themselves community- and caste- (slave or free) as they kidnap(ed) themselves for food, and worse for despising others. They go to Yorubaland and openly tell Yoruba people not to observe their festivals, out of jealousy and keeping their mercantile enterprises running for money. They even call such festivals demonic. Also, they emigrate from their homeland to buy landed property in the land of their hosts with the aim of taking over. They carry out fraudulent activities, abductions, diabolical rituals and violent crimes in their host communities and hold clandestine meetings to work out delusional strategies aimed at propelling themselves to dominance. Indeed their former leader, Nnamdi Azikiwe, is said to have admonished his people to dominate others but not to let others dominate them. Also, they keep carrying out their nefarious activities as if their hosts are too stupid and docile to do anything, but when they (hosts) react to cleanse their land of guilt brought about by the Igbo settlers, the Igbo cry out ‘marginalization’, ‘massacre’, ‘slaughter’. Indeed the Igbo have been fatally and repeatedly targeted by the Assyrians who brook no nonsense as many are hard-core Islamists, but the Igbo keep going back because of greed. Till today the Igbo shout about how their people have been ‘slaughtered’ by the Assyrians since the 1940s, but they, in their psychotic delusion of self-righteousness have stubbornly refused to confess that they have historically been direct provocateurs. An example is the manner of the first coup d’état (January 1966) in Nigeria. Igbo soldiers killed Ahmadu Bello (the Sardauna Sokoto and premier and religious leader of the Northern region), Tafawa Balewa (political leader of the Northern region and Prime Minister of Nigeria, and Akintola (the traitorous premier of the Western region who collaborated with the Assyrians to checkmate Obafemi Awolowo who was the former Premier but latter put in Federal prison for treason). The Igbo let their own leader who was President, Nnamdi Azikiwe, to escape abroad. This was widely perceived as selfish, wicked and outright tribalistic, but the Igbo openly gloated about the coup (not surprising as they have a history of always boasting). Thereafter they abolished the Federal system of government, thus doing away with the autonomous four regional blocks of Nigeria, and introduced a unitary system with power concentrated at the centre. The new system was to be their tool for dominating all of Nigeria including the Assyrians (Hausa-Fulani and Kanem-Borno), Israel (Yoruba) other Edomites including the Edo, and others. However the Assyrians began to vengefully target the Igbo especially in the north and this culminated in a counter-coup six months later in July 1966 during which the Igbo installed military leader of the country, Aguiyi Ironsi, was killed and the acts of revenge continued. Furthermore, the Igbo installed leader of the former Western region, Major-General Adekunli Fajuyi (Yoruba), who was hosting Ironsi when the Assyrian mutineers came for him, refused to hand over his guest; he was fatally shot. This act of Fajuyi eschewing ethnic sentiments earned further honour for the Yoruba but it was only after about forty (40) years that some Igbo decided to remember him for regard in some way – in Nigeria the Igbo have not been associated with honour and value for human life. In 1967 the Igbo announced their secession of the former Eastern region to Biafra, which was followed by a three-year civil war during which they were soundly defeated. Yet, as a group they have refused to acknowledge that with their own hands they caused their shame.

[size=25pt]Whoever that wrote this must be insane! Very Insane![/size]
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by BlackPikiN(m): 3:46am On May 08, 2012
Respect for parents: It is said that an Igbo man can wake his dad from sleep by kicking him. They are also known to speak to their elders as if age mates. The Yoruba are not associated with such.

The Secret Relationship between Synagogue of Satan and Igbo

In seeking to be associated with the synagogue of Satan, the Igbo have noted various similarities among both cultures. These and more are explored below.

Similarities

Claiming to be true Israel: Both the Igbo and the synagogue of Satan have deceitfully and fraudulently claimed to be Yehve’s chosen people despite the tons of obviously contradictory evidence with regard to their histories. While that of the synagogue of Satan is clearly of Satan their father, the Igbo have been making the same claims as Esau their ancestor did. Satan’s people deliberately try to cover up their Ashkenazi (Genesis 10:3), Serphavaim (2 Kings 17) and Khazar (Khazakstan?) roots while the Igbo attempt same with their Edo (Edom) roots.

Despising others: Both have consistently boasted without humility that they are holy (a lie), the chosen people, number one, and admitted that they despise others. The side effect is that they have been expelled severally from their host nations – Satan’s people from Europe and Igbo from Assyria (northern Nigeria) – and slaughtered during the World War 2 and the Nigerian civil war of 1967 to 1970.

Racism: While the synagogue of Satan who actively participated in the trans-Atlantic slave trade derogatively referred to the slaves (Abraham’s descendants, see Genesis 15:13) as ‘schwartzers’, a German term for nigger. The Igbo likewise refer to their Yoruba brothers as ‘Yoruba’, an Igbo term for red oily brain – did they eat some Yoruba people and thereafter concluded thus? Some Igbo also say unabashedly that they are the beautiful ones and that Yoruba are ugly. The synagogue of Satan and the Igbo feign friendship, even mixing and doing business with Abraham’s descendants and Yoruba people respectively with the aim of extracting money from and cheating them while referring to them as ‘schwartzers’ and ‘Yoruba’ behind their backs.

Prostitution: The synagogue of Satan ‘reared’ African slaves as prostitutes and sex slaves across their international slave holdings in the West (the Americas). The Igbo set up brothels in Yorubaland which is west of the Igbo homeland.

Slave retailers: Satan’s people actively engaged in the enslavement (including finance, transportation, etc.) in the millions of Abraham’s descendants. The Igbo still boast about the huge numbers, in millions too, of their brethren and perhaps others that they sold to the Amorites (Europeans and synagogue of Satan in particular) into slavery.

Mercantilist: The Igbo have demonstrated a peculiar inborn knack for quickly acquiring wealth upon setting up a business venture as they are a mercantile people. This is one of the main traits they point out as proof of link with Satan’s people who have a very similar reputation.

Westward migration: The Igbo migrated westward to Yorubaland, which they saw/see as prospering, and later to North America in pursuit of money/vanity via their own sweat, toil and defrauding skills. The synagogue of Satan migrated westward to the Americas in pursuit of money and vanity but via their own defrauding skills and the sweat toil and blood of Abraham’s descendants whom they enslaved. Both sets of migrations culminated in the Igbo and synagogue of Satan populating vast territories and dominating western commercial activities.

Diabolical wealth: The synagogue of Satan serve Mammon, engage in sorcery, and have been rewarded with control over global finance, heads of governments, and the glory of kingdoms (Luke 4:5-cool. The Igbo are known to do anything for wealth, including the use of their own body parts and emissions. They are known to establish networks with ologun ika (Yoruba sorcerers) for such purposes. An Igbo man once confessed that if there are over twenty such sorcerers within a Yoruba domain/kingdom, he would have probably known all or almost all while a resident Yoruba may know of only five. Similarly, quite a number of Igbo men have confessed in churches that they used diabolical means for wealth acquisition.

Political religion: It is known that the synagogue of Satan adopted Judaism for political gain, to deceive the world into taking their wealth to them. Before the Igbo learnt of Judaism they adopted Catholicism en masse for political gain as they wanted to be associated with those they perceived as the dominating global power. The Catholic church in Nigeria is dominated by Igbo people as anywhere there is a Catholic gathering it is likely to be filled by them. This has made them easy targets by Assyrian Islamic fundamentalists in northern Nigeria like the Boko Haram.

Faith in violence: While the Igbo have historically believed in the use of machetes/cutlasses (Genesis 27:40), boast a lot about violence, and use violent threats and actual violence to settle disputes, the synagogue of Satan have consistently demonstrated that they are Satan’s very spawn with their use of violence to provoke and sustain conflicts around the world including the deceptive ‘middle east’.

Trade embargo: During the United States civil war (1861-1865) the synagogue of Satan actively supported the Confederate South as both wanted no end to the dehumanizing slavery of Abraham’s descendants. Satan’s people dominated commerce using the slaves to derive huge profits from their plantations and slave ships, and their lives of luxury depended on owning slaves. The Union of the North noted these and thus enforced a trade embargo on the synagogue of Satan while allowing those of Abraham’s descendants who could escape from the South to settle in the north. The Confederates thereafter lost the war. Similarly, during the Nigerian civil war (1967-1970) the Federal government with advice from the then Federal Commissioner of Finance and Vice-President of the Federal Executive Council, Ọbáfẹ́mi Awólọ́wọ̀, who had been just been released from the prison by the Assyrians, placed a food embargo on the secessionist but not-to-be Igbo-dominated nation of Biafra. The Igbo lost the war.

International trade networks: The Igbo can be found in many parts of the world today, driven by their love of money. Taking advantage of these networks, they dominate the importation of various goods into Nigeria. Likewise the synagogue of Satan spread throughout Europe and the Americas dominating international trade and finance.

Preference for cities: Outside of their homeland, the Igbo are mostly to be found in urban developments like cities as they expend their wealth to show off same. In the Americas, the synagogue of Satan have always been associated with upper-middle and upper class residential areas; not surprising as they have controlled finance markets.

Smugglers: In Nigeria the Igbo are seen as overwhelmingly represented in the importation and sale of contraband and harmful goods, and when the Federal government makes to counter such they cry out ‘marginalization’, thus admitting that they have are the culprits. They also carry out sharp practices especially while trading to evade and avoid legal requirements; such practices include product alteration and the falsification of records. The level of dubiousness is so bad that many landlords (including Igbo kinsmen) refuse to let/rent out homes/apartments to them. Looking through the lens of distorted avarice, they desperately allege that they are victims of unfair ethnic sentiments and argue that the laws of the land should be amended (weakened) in their favour. The synagogue of Satan were notorious in the Americas for smuggling as they were the main actors with vast and unrivalled knowledge of smuggling routes and techniques. They also frequently obtained the relaxation of laws in their favour.

Against economic parity: In early 2012 the Nigerian government under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan maliciously announced the removal of fuel subsidy, which was a farce for the embezzlement of over ₦1,000,000,000,000. This sparked off massive protests across the country but many Igbo people in their homeland and elsewhere including some parts of the south-south where the President hails from opted out. The reason they gave was that the President has some Igbo ancestry and mostly because they did not want anything, including protests and agitations against crushing poverty, that could disrupt their wealth acquisition schemes. To them, crushing poverty in the country did not matter so far money flows their way. Similarly, the synagogue of Satan supported the determinedly racist Confederates against the Union during the United States civil war (1861-1865) because they wanted no end to their use of slaves (Abraham’s descendants) in acquiring wealth.

[size=25pt]The person wey write this nonsense no go see better.[/size]

[size=25pt]ADELAMI
Feyisetan
– learn from Israel[/size]
http://yemitom./2012/05/07/igbo-people-the-pure-descendants-of-esau-edo/

[size=25pt]The person wey write this nonsense no go see better.[/size]
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 5:44am On May 08, 2012
Shymmex,

I don't understaqnd what you meant by credit and recognition for Ijebus and Egbas for growth and development in Eko? When we talk about Yoruba Nation the Ijebus are fond of standing out and claiming they are not Yorubas, they are Ijebus. This thread is about defining whether Yorubas own the land in Eko or not? The list of contributors to growth of Eko is a very diverse and long one but when we discuss land endowment in Eko there is only one ownership and that is the Aworis, a Yoruba people taking their political authority from the Alaafin of Oyo, as denoted by their insignia of rulership, the Irukere.

Generally, land in Lagos State is owned by a coalition of Egun, Awori & Ijebu, but in Eko proper, only Awori has claim to that land.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 6:03am On May 08, 2012
Again, to those vowing on the authority of the Nigerian Constitution to shield their interest on claims to land ownership in Lagos, I ask you. . . .how much of the promises penned into the constitution to guarantee and safeguard your life and property in the North has so far been delivered free of any breach? Where such guarantees are disregarded and you were sacked from the Northern territory, how much of the UN guarantees of freedom and rights have been invoked on your behalf by ICC? How many of the survivors of your killed brethrens have so far been compensanted for loss and damages to the lives and properties of their loved ones?

When in Rome, do as Romans do! When in Croatia and Serbia, do as they do over there. . . .but this is Nigeria and Yugoslav practices of justice and equity will not hold here when it comes to contention over territorial ownership. The Yoruba race almost wiped one another out for just that one reason. . . political boundaries and territorial domain! We will not hesitate to give praise to Ogun with your blood if you push us to that point.

There is only two ways for you when Nigeria collapse, get out or become Yoruba!
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by hercules07: 6:42am On May 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Again, to those vowing on the authority of the Nigerian Constitution to shield their interest on claims to land ownership in Lagos, I ask you. . . .how much of the promises penned into the constitution to guarantee and safeguard your life and property in the North has so far been delivered free of any breach? Where such guarantees are disregarded and you were sacked from the Northern territory, how much of the UN guarantees of freedom and rights have been invoked on your behalf by ICC? How many of the survivors of your killed brethrens have so far been compensanted for loss and damages to the lives and properties of their loved ones?

When in Rome, do as Romans do! When in Croatia and Serbia, do as they do over there. . . .but this is Nigeria and Yugoslav practices of justice and equity will not hold here when it comes to contention over territorial ownership. The Yoruba race almost wiped one another out for just that one reason. . . political boundaries and territorial domain! We will not hesitate to give praise to Ogun with your blood if you push us to that point.

There is only two ways for you when Nigeria collapse, get out or become Yoruba!

The problem with our eastern brothers on here is not to learn from the history of the yorubas, they see the easy going accommodating side of yorubas and mistake it for weakness, if they were to witness the horrors of the yoruba civil war or even the ife modakeke skirmish, they will know that you do not indulge in foolishness such as claiming other people's lands. There are villages that have been decreed empty for over 100 years and nobody is allowed to settle there till now, imagine outsiders now laying claim to someone's lands. The prayer of those who have heavy investments outside their areas is for Nigeria to get better and to remain one, and as good people respect your host, it will make your life better in the long run.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by naptu2: 6:52am On May 08, 2012
This is a good opportunity to ask the question, does anybody have any info about the land cases of 2005?

I remember that there was the Ijora/Ojora land case & I heard the Ojora Family won, but I can't remember the details. This is the best I can find online http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/law/38782-lagos-landlords-seek-interpretation-of-supreme-court-judgment.html

I also heard that Nigerian Breweries now pay rent to the Ojora family.

I remember that the Onikoyi Family also took government to court, but I never heard the final judgement. Basically, the Obasanjo Administration was selling of Federal Government property in Ikoyi because the Feds do not need them. Lagos State Government claimed that it should have inherited those properties. The Onikoyi Family went to court, stating that it was the family that gave government the land when the colonial government wanted to use it and since the Feds do not need it anymore, ownership of the land must revert to the family.

I also heard that the Lagos State government returned land to the Oniru Family.

Anyone with more info should please supply it.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by naptu2: 7:25am On May 08, 2012
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 7:41am On May 08, 2012
Naptu,

I do not have the ruling on this dispute. Thank God for the wisdom of the Idejo chiefs refusing to support the British treaty without first getting an outlined clarity on the rightful owners of the land. If it hadn't been for their resolve, Federal Government through the various regimes would have kicked Aworis off their land and indeed declared it a "No man's land.

Property owners should be made to pay property tax to the State Government since the land is leased. The deed to the land gives authority to develop or occupy but the right to use ought to be levied.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by onyengbu: 9:36am On May 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Shymmex,

I don't understaqnd what you meant by credit and recognition for Ijebus and Egbas for growth and development in Eko? When we talk about Yoruba Nation the Ijebus are fond of standing out and claiming they are not Yorubas, they are Ijebus. This thread is about defining whether Yorubas own the land in Eko or not? The list of contributors to growth of Eko is a very diverse and long one but when we discuss land endowment in Eko there is only one ownership and that is the Aworis, a Yoruba people taking their political authority from the Alaafin of Oyo, as denoted by their insignia of rulership, the Irukere.

Generally, land in Lagos State is owned by a coalition of Egun, Awori & Ijebu, but in Eko proper, only Awori has claim to that land.

[size=18pt]The country isnt even separated already and the yorubas are already fighting for the real owners of lagos.

Ok we go see naa. grin grin grin[/size]
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Shymmex,

Bruv, Ijebus have always been Yorubas - and we'll always be proud Yoruba.. Don't forget most of the Yoruba leaders of the past, and some of the present are Ijebus (Chief Awolowo, Pa Adesanya, Prof. Wole Soyinka etc.). We're Yoruba people and we're proud of our Yoruba heritage.

What I was talking ablour has to do with the politics of Lagos state itself - but that's a story for another day. My bad, I didn't know the thread was about Eko proper - I thought it was about Lagos state as a whole. I'm sorry for derailing your thread.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 08, 2012
[s]
onye_ngbu*:

[size=18pt]The country isnt even separated already and the yorubas are already fighting for the real owners of lagos.

Ok we go see naa. grin grin grin[/size]
[/s]
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns
comot for hia sharp sharp and return to my thread to finish the translation you started !

https://www.nairaland.com/900884/abachas-wife-interview-own-words

Make I no vex ooh! angry

[size=4pt]please, i dey joke - but complete the job na![/size]
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by NegroNtns(m): 2:40am On May 09, 2012
shymmex:

Bruv, Ijebus have always been Yorubas - and we'll always be proud Yoruba.. Don't forget most of the Yoruba leaders of the past, and some of the present are Ijebus (Chief Awolowo, Pa Adesanya, Prof. Wole Soyinka etc.). We're Yoruba people and we're proud of our Yoruba heritage.

What I was talking ablour has to do with the politics of Lagos state itself - but that's a story for another day. My bad, I didn't know the thread was about Eko proper - I thought it was about Lagos state as a whole. I'm sorry for derailing your thread.

Oh yes I know Ijebus are my people but there are some misguided ones who drank from same water the Oba of Bini drank from. . . .they say they are not Yorubas. I dont understand it.

Anyway, you did not derail the thread because there is validity in what you said. Ijebus are co-owners of Lagos State and even in Eko proper itself, Ijebu is recognised as one of the Akarigbere. Its a long history but I keep it short.

There are three Eletu Chiefs that serve the Oba and they belong in the Akarigbere class of Chiefs.. . . the sword chiefs, meaning from Bini. They are Eletu Edibo, Eletu Iwase and Eletu Ijebu. The Eletu Ijebu was a later addition and honorary recognition for the contribution and immense sacrifices of the Ijebus to Eko. One of the Obas also was from an Ijebu mother, just as Akinsemoyin was born of an Egun mother. In fact, Akinsemoyin likewise upgraded some titles from Apa, his mother's hometown into the Abagbon class of chiefs.

So, the contribution and sacrifice of Ijebu in Eko is not lost to the sons and daughters of the land and you have presence in the Oba's court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC Chairman is either ignorant of relevant laws or playing politics - Abia Govt / Supreme Court: NJC To Interview Justices For Apex Court / Simon Ekpa Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.