Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari (6390 Views)

Video:watch This VIDEO Then Compare NIGERIA&TANZANIA Politcs / Understanding The Politcs Of Achebeism / How Much Does Seun Pay NL Mod's On Politcs Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by DeCleff(m): 2:19am On May 08, 2012
You may have heard of the MC Hammer song 'Too Legit to Quit' but Muhammadu Buhari has put his own spin on the song. Yesterday at the Silverbird awards, he told his many supporters on camera while receiving his award that he is too young to quit politics. Buhari's statement would no doubt come as a major shocker to some politicians who have been waiting in the wings to take the presidential nomination of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the event that Buhari does not run. It is widely believed that the reason the controversial former minister of the FCT, malam Nasir Elrufai, supported Buhari who he had earlier publicly insulted as being "perpetually unelectable" is because he expected Buhari to lose the 2011 election and keep to his earlier promise not to run in 2015 and saw an opportunity to grab the presidential ticket of the CPC.

Buhari at the same event said “leaders must learn to be democratic". Many of the attendees were no doubt surprised that this was coming from a man who Himsekf overthrew a democracy in 1983.
Buhari, had in his acceptance speech of the Silverbird Television award of Man of the Year held at Eko Hotel, said he was too young to quit politics, adding that what Nigeria lacked was good leadership.
Buhari, had in his acceptance speech of the Silverbird Television award of Man of the Year held at Eko Hotel, said he was too young to quit politics, adding that what Nigeria lacked was good leadership.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/2015-coded-buhari-at-silverbird-i-am-too-young-to-quit-politics
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Nobody: 2:34am On May 08, 2012
DeCleff: You may have heard of the MC Hammer song 'Too Legit to Quit' but Muhammadu Buhari has put his own spin on the song. Yesterday at the Silverbird awards, he told his many supporters on camera while receiving his award that he is too young to quit politics. Buhari's statement would no doubt come as a major shocker to some politicians who have been waiting in the wings to take the presidential nomination of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the event that Buhari does not run. It is widely believed that the reason the controversial former minister of the FCT, malam Nasir Elrufai, supported Buhari who he had earlier publicly insulted as being "perpetually unelectable" is because he expected Buhari to lose the 2011 election and keep to his earlier promise not to run in 2015 and saw an opportunity to grab the presidential ticket of the CPC.

Buhari at the same event said “leaders must learn to be democratic". Many of the attendees were no doubt surprised that this was coming from a man who Himsekf overthrew a democracy in 1983.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/2015-coded-buhari-at-silverbird-i-am-too-young-to-quit-politics
me na siddon look
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Beaf: 2:41am On May 08, 2012
Comedy! grin
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by OK2NV3: 2:50am On May 08, 2012
This man will never ever step down after 8yr tenure if he is ever elected.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by BlackPikiN(m): 3:54am On May 08, 2012
OK/2/NV:
This man will never ever step down after 8yr tenure if he is ever elected.

lol grin grin grin
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Odunnu: 5:17am On May 08, 2012
Mcheeeew. Advicing this bankcrupt male witch at this time of his life is a waste of time.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by abubaka101: 5:32am On May 08, 2012
First thing is: nobody will ever vote El Rufia (he is too short, small and arrogant). Buhari can contest till he is "old", but he can never win, cause his "backyard" (North) is too dirty, it could infest us all!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by WhoIGoAsk: 5:37am On May 08, 2012
the old wanna get young. The young wanna get old.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Nobody: 6:02am On May 08, 2012
Looking at these replies and I sincerely hope GEJ succeeds in his plans to become Life President. You bigots sicken me.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Mynd44: 6:09am On May 08, 2012
It is nearly impossible that any of them can win a presidential election in Nigeria
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Arosa(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2012
kingoflag: Looking at these replies and [size=18pt]I sincerely hope GEJ succeeds in his plans to become Life President.[/size] You bigots sicken me.
Amen to that. grin grin grin
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Ogamgil(f): 1:04pm On May 08, 2012
Ders one common one common thing about military people ""dey never give up"".
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Ournaija: 1:10pm On May 08, 2012
Am beginning to see this man as a hypocrite. Why is he praising a corrupt politician TY Danjuma?
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by deols(f): 1:22pm On May 08, 2012
Being a politician is very much different from running for the presidency. If he does run, He'd lose all respect I have for him. I dont like people, especially older adults eating their words

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by nerodenero: 1:35pm On May 08, 2012
I'm not surprised at all.Do politicians keep their words?The last time I checked,it was still no.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Venchy: 1:48pm On May 08, 2012
Too old indeed, too old to stop destruction and later die in vain.....No single legacy he did left when he was in power, why lots of Nigerian politicians are always behaving like they are born to rule

Shit happens in Africa....
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by lacasa: 1:58pm On May 08, 2012
[quote author=Venchy]Too old indeed, too old to stop destruction and later die in vain.....No single legacy he did left when he was in power, why lots of Nigerian politicians are always behaving like they are born to rule

Pls º°˚˚°ºoo

Well, i guess Ʊ dnt knw bt its better Ʊ dnt comment if Ʊ dnt

Jus go n research these 3 words P.T.F under Buhari's tenure n Ʊ'll regret makin dis comment

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by daviesmania(m): 2:01pm On May 08, 2012
I was ashamed wen i heard him say dat, he wil die in it anyway!
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by pssword: 2:02pm On May 08, 2012
Too young to quit politic?
I believe many will wholeheartedly disagree.
Time to pack it in Sir.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by seglan(m): 2:04pm On May 08, 2012
Buhari, Babangida and Atiku are too old to rule Nigeria again, we don't need them instead they should go and governed their homes and families.
When they were running here and there to rule Nigeria by force, when are they going to have time for their families
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by lacasa: 2:04pm On May 08, 2012
Nigerians mostly talk without fully understanding what they r talking on

"TOO YOUNG Τ̅o QUIT POLITICS" not "TOO YOUNG Τ̅o QUIT 2015 PRESIDENTIAL RACE"

Jjust means he will be active ΐn nigerian politics bt not necessarily sayin he will contest.

Let him declare publicly when d time comes now then Ʊ can give Ūя̲̅ opinion on it now

Nigerians na die

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by WhoIGoAsk: 2:13pm On May 08, 2012
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Venchy: 2:22pm On May 08, 2012
Lacasa......you must be influenced by this politicians without no vision.....same BUHARI that reject the proposal of Metro in a big city like Lagos when things where cheaper, it shows they have no foresight for the future..... you might as well tell me to check out IBB profile or ATIKU, all this criminals in disguise.....

My brother, it's only African leaders think about themselves and their family but fail to understand their JOB DESCRIPTION.

Nigerians are tierd of all this ITT.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Supergwin(m): 2:32pm On May 08, 2012
Buhari has got jokes.. E be our latest basket-mouth.. cheesy
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 08, 2012
Invariably what he is trying to say it this, after I am President that is when I will be too old to contest... grin grin grin grin grin

I think in every decade God blesses a country with one potential president or ruler. I guess his time has passed. The younger generation need be.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 08, 2012
haha!
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by ceejayluv(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2012
I'm 25, guess i'm a toddler... I shouldn't even THINK of politics!
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by NAJALYN: 2:52pm On May 08, 2012
Says who? We need a young, brilliant & dynamic person who can take us out of our predicament; none of the old people should be allowed to contest, we have had enough of them.

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by maclatunji: 2:53pm On May 08, 2012
This story is not complete. Buhari said this in response to Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who suggested that people in his (Sanusi) age bracket who are in government need to build their legacy as leaders of Nigeria. Whilst the older ones need to retire more or less.

Sanusi words were something like this: A few days ago a friend came to me and said let us go and see our leaders, I asked: who are our leaders? I am the Governor of the Central Bank... and he mentioned other people as well in government around his age bracket.
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 08, 2012
undecidedWhich day will all these Bad generation leave Nigeria Alone undecided
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2012
Die there Mr Buhari.

That is the way it is and will be.

Agbaya
Re: I Am Too Young To Quit Politcs- Buhari by lacasa: 3:26pm On May 08, 2012
Venchy: Lacasa......you must be influenced by this politicians without no vision.....same BUHARI that reject the proposal of Metro in a big city like Lagos when things where cheaper, it shows they have no foresight for the future..... you might as well tell me to check out IBB profile or ATIKU, all this criminals in disguise.....

My brother, it's only African leaders think about themselves and their family but fail to understand their JOB DESCRIPTION.

Nigerians are tierd of all this ITT.

i'm not supporting or defending Buhari

i'm just being fair by clearing what he meeant wt d statement

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 60th Birthday To Namadi Sambo / Aluu 4: The Need For Justice / Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.