Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator (1793 Views)

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Stop Using Buhari’s Name To Bully And Intimidate Nigerians – Senator Wakili / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:00am On Mar 13, 2013
Addressing journalists at the National Assembly Complex yesterday, Omoworare (ACN, Osun East) said “thepresident is not doing enough. I’ve repeatedly saidon the floor of the Senate thatI personally have challenges withthe president’scapacity to administer Nigeria. He maybe a good-natured man, but governing Nigeria takes more than being good-natured. I’m not a fan offormer President Olusegun Obasanjo who sometimes does some self-glorification, but Obasanjo, even if wrong, was taking decisions, but the incumbent president doesn’t take decisions and doesn’t even understand therudiments of governance.
“As a senator, I don’t have light in my houses in Ife and Lagos. I know we still import fuel to favour some people…we’ve spent trillions of naira on fuelsubsidy. Thesetrillions would’ve been used to set up refineries, whether done by the government or by individuals; it doesn’t matter to the electorate. Fuelcan sell for less than N40 per litre in Nigeria if thereare enough refineries,” he said.
The legislator, who called on Senators to go beyond party boundary and do what is bestin the interest of Nigerians byimpeaching Mr Jonathan, said,“the worst we can do to the president is impeachment. How many PDP senators will allow you to impeach him irrespective of how bad some of us feel he is? You can’t even raise it, ifyou do, they (PDP senators) would shout you down. But there must be a limit to politics. As senators of theFederal Republic of Nigeria, if it’s in the interest of Nigeria as a whole that we take a decision, let’s take it.”
http://www.thisworld.n.nu/blog
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Ngwakwe: 1:18am On Mar 13, 2013
He is doing what they know how to do best.

Make we pass, Senator Attention seeker

Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by TableLeg(m): 1:19am On Mar 13, 2013
I just want Jonathan out ....... anyhow!
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by IGBOSON1: 1:29am On Mar 13, 2013
The Obasanjo he's praising, if he had spent part of his 8 years in phower building refineries, we'd not be in this mess now and GEJ could use his time and our resources for other things.

On security: there's little you can do if a people are so daft and ignorant that they resort to killing themselves and taking their region back to the stone ages through violence and terrorism just to make the country ungovernable and 'spite' El Presidente.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by buchito1(m): 1:42am On Mar 13, 2013
I rep Goodluck Ebele Johnatan... If u also rep 4 him like dis post!

10 Likes

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Onlytruth(m): 2:20am On Mar 13, 2013
If it were someone else now complaining about Obasanjo's wasted years in office, some people will say he is whining.
Is this not the height of whining?
The Senator knows that his party has already lost 2015 elections. cheesy

Oya go impeach am na. lol

4 Likes

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by dc555: 3:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Impeach him and bring who to power? Mahatma Ghandi?
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: He is doing what they know how to do best.

Make we pass, Senator Attention seeker

Mtchewwww
this is the kind of mentality that will never allow this country to grow. either you believe him or not, he is saying the truth.
besides,if someone like Johnathan,from niger Delta can not build a single refinery even in his region in the first four years, I wonder what he want to achieve in coming back than to pack money for their personal use.
we need stubborn leaders to rule this country,someone that can risk his or her life for every decision made to affect people's life positively in the midst of crook oppositions and legislature s.

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by don33310(m): 7:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Jonathan government,another wasted years
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 13, 2013
So we should impeach him and bring on who, Namadi Sambo? Will Nigeria fare any better under a Sambo presidency?

Instead of this senator to focus on passing the PIB, he's here talking nonsense.

I personally don't like Goodluck Jonathan, but Nigeria's problems go way beyond him, or even the PDP.

Let him have his four years. If we're not impressed, then we can vote him out.

2 Likes

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by motif8(m): 7:54am On Mar 13, 2013
this is just rubbish how has the so call senator helped osun to achieve millenium goal, did Nigeria spoilt in the hand of GEJ? gej is on a rebuilding mission, the attention seeking mumu senator should know that it will take time, he should hold the past head of states and leaders responsible for power failure

2 Likes

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by preciousoz: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Am expecting the Senators to Speak out concerning their stupendous Salary and Allowances they pay themselves in that chamber. Cure yourself and your Fellow Legislooters before talking about you Fellow Criminals in the Executive.

Common Citizens will complain, these Privileged thieves will also complain... Except maybe he's looking for appointment for himself or his ward. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by jeron1(m): 8:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Nice word from a nice person...i av said it over and over again...this GEJ is the greatest mistake naija has ever made but start from the house first by reducing your jumbo pay and goin against it in the floor of the senate den we believe u are fightin for Nigerians and not your party..we already know that GEJ is clueless, reteerdeen and mumuistic...but do your part first

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by PointB: 8:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Onlytruth: If it were someone else now complaining about Obasanjo's wasted years in office, some people will say he is whining.

Abi oo, Mr. ACN Senator, raise the motion for impeachment now. Or are you waiting for us to do that on your behalf, while you collect fat allowance?
mtcheeeeew
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by omaigala(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2013
Human beings... Complex beings. tongue
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Gbawe2: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2013
This Senator speaks the truth. I don't know about other Nairalanders but I have a decent enough world view to know that GEJ would be impeached in all serious Nations of the world. It is just that the aberrant 'cash-and-carry' nature of our overall administration ( Executive, legislative and judicial arm) means few will get support to do the right and principled thing in the best interest of the nation.

I certainly praise this Senator because it is brave to come out and say this against a very paranoid President always on the look out for enemies he must do away with in his 'sit-tight' obsession. GEJ will not take kindly to this Senator's suggestion. Certainly something in the Water in Osun State because the politicians from there, starting from Aregbesola, appear not to 'send' anybody. Anyhoo, you are correct oga Senator but your fellow crooks simply don't have the dedication to principles, patriotism or uprightness to do what you ask for. It is vindictive season in Nigerian politics and you may just have made your own life harder needlessly.

3 Likes

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 13, 2013
Gbawe.:
This Senator speaks the truth. I don't know about other Nairalanders but I have a decent enough world view to know that GEJ would be impeached in all serious Nations of the world. It is just that the aberrant 'cash-and-carry' nature of our overall administration ( Executive, legislative and judicial arm) means few will get support to do the right and principled thing in the best interest of the nation.

I certainly praise this Senator because it is brave to come out and say this against a very paranoid President always on the look out for enemies he must do away with in his 'sit-tight' obsession. GEJ will not take kindly to this Senator's suggestion. Certainly something in the Water in Osun State because the politicians from there, starting from Aregbesola, appear not to 'send' anybody. Anyhoo, you are correct oga Senator but your fellow crooks don't have the principle, patriotism or uprightness to do what you ask for. It is vindictive season in Nigerian politics and you may just have made your own life harder needlessly.

very insightful write up. smiley smiley
If the people are not happy then perhaps GEJ should go.
But if that happens, the questions are: who would replace him? And how would the people know for sure that the next option is the best option? undecided
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 13, 2013
motif8: this is just rubbish how has the so call senator helped osun to achieve millenium goal, did Nigeria spoilt in the hand of GEJ? gej is on a rebuilding mission, the attention seeking mumu senator should know that it will take time, he should hold the past head of states and leaders responsible for power failure

lol

@blue i totally agree with that statement!!
so true!

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Gbawe2: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2013
HNosegbe: So we should impeach him and bring on who, Namadi Sambo? Will Nigeria fare any better under a Sambo presidency?

Instead of this senator to focus on passing the PIB, he's here talking nonsense.

I personally don't like Goodluck Jonathan, but Nigeria's problems go way beyond him, or even the PDP.

With all due respect, you are the last person I expect to begin vacuously insulting this Senator for making an incisive observation. Do you know his private efforts towards passing the PIB? Can he do it alone? Pray tell, what "nonsense" is he "talking"? Rounding on him the way you do is not your style. I expect that from GEJ sychopants who operate in the 'default mode' of attacking the messenger.

Your take on Sambo taking over is also shocking. Sometimes we say we want democracy but our comments show we are perhaps not committed to it or even appreciative of what democracy entails. Sambo, good or bad, was chosen to deputize for GEJ. If GEJ is terribly unacceptable as President, then Sambo must be given the chance to do things differently, for the greater good and for the sake of 160 million folks, otherwise you justify the crude thinking of the Ibori-Turai cabal who insisted GEJ must never gain power while the likes of Bakare, Soyinka, Falana et al took to the Street to march that GEJ be sworn in even when they were under no illusions about his mediocrity. Democracy is about what is best for the majority and not the wish of one individual, his supporters and ethnic group.

We must continue enhancing and respecting what democracy entails till we have a model that works as well as that we see elsewhere. Ghana's President dies and his deputy is sworn in without fuss. No issues of muslim/chritian or "he will be worse" blah, blah, blah. Nigeria, no way. Whether President or Governor, there is always a reason not to hand over to the deputy and it seems the feudal and unsophisticated 'sit tight' actions of leaders, sadly, has bastardized the way we think and talk.

As for letting GEJ "have his four years", at what cost? There is no nation in the world where anyone can suggest leaders are obligated to finish a term of office if it is found they are way below the level of competence to run the affairs of State and protect the lives and property of citizens. Mechanism exist to remove such leaders for the very simple reason that no vested intereste should be greater than what is best for the majority. Would you be one of those saying GEJ should have his four years if you had lost your entire family in a terrorist attack knowing fully well it is 100% the fault of GEJ for his universally-condemned failure to go after the head of the terrorism snake? I.e the sponsors and source of finance of terrorism he tells the entire world he knows? Let us get real in Nigerian and stop insulting those who ask for the right thing to be done. One thing I find is that it is healthy to get out of Nigeria, mentally and physically, now and then otherwise our aberrant nation unhealthily bends the perception of even the most upright folks. It is always good to receive 'reminder' examples, now and then, of how things should be done.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Gbawe2: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

But if that happens, the questions are: who would replace him? And how would the people know for sure that the next option is the best option? undecided

Nigerians just don't have the sophistication to pull it off otherwise, for how far we have sunk, the Egypt option would be best. I.e a distrusted and abhorred government is forced to step down and an interim council constituted to supervise a completely new process that will dismantle what the OBJ's, IBB et al put up over time that has resulted in a situation where Nigeria's number 1 to 10 citizens are all crooks who will protect the lootocratic status quo and never 'rock the boat' in favour of Nigeria.

These folks were even actually put in place as default options to counter a situation unimaginable for some. I.e power ever ending up in the hands of overtly pro-people Politicians who may start 'giving back' to the people the wealth some assume only them and a few others must share. I admit the impeachment of GEJ may be unlikely currently , for reasons I have already stated, and I don't have a problem with that but the Senators call is totally correct. Realistically, because of the disunity and lack of political sophistication of our people, the best hope of seeing the Nigerian engine working optimally may be the sacking of the PDP in 2015.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Inik(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
How many PDP senators will allow you to impeach him irrespective of how bad some of us feel he is? You can’t even raise it, ifyou do, they (PDP senators) would shout you down. But there must be a limit to politics. As senators of theFederal Republic of Nigeria, if it’s in the interest of Nigeria as a whole that we take a decision, let’s take it.”
Mere conjectures, why not raise the motion if you feel strongly that he should be impeached or are you afraid of doing your job?
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

With all due respect, you are the last person I expect to begin vacuously insulting this Senator for making an incisive observation. Do you know his private efforts towards passing the PIB? Can he do it alone? Pray tell, what "nonsense" is he "talking"? Rounding on him the way you do is not your style. I expect that from GEJ sychopants who operate in the 'default mode' of attacking the messenger.

Your take on Sambo taking over is also shocking. Sometimes we say we want democracy but our comments show we are perhaps not committed to it or even appreciative of what democracy entails. Sambo, good or bad, was chosen to deputize for GEJ. If GEJ is terribly unacceptable as President, then Sambo must be given the chance to do things differently, for the greater good and for the sake of 160 million folks, otherwise you justify the crude thinking of the Ibori-Turai cabal who insisted GEJ must never gain power while the likes of Bakare, Soyinka, Falana et al took to the Street to march that GEJ be sworn in even when they were under no illusions about his mediocrity. Democracy is about what is best for the majority and not the wish of one individual, his supporters and ethnic group.

We must continue enhancing and respecting what democracy entails till we have a model that works as well as that we see elsewhere. Ghana's President dies and his deputy is sworn in without fuss. No issues of muslim/chritian or "he will be worse" blah, blah, blah. Nigeria, no way. Whether President or Governor, there is always a reason not to hand over to the deputy and it seems the feudal and unsophisticated 'sit tight' actions of leaders, sadly, has bastardized the way we think and talk.

As for letting GEJ "have his four years", at what cost? There is no nation in the world where anyone can suggest leaders are obligated to finish a term of office if it is found they are way below the level of competence to run the affairs of State and protect the lives and property of citizens. Mechanism exist to remove such leaders for the very simple reason that no vested intereste should be greater than what is best for the majority. Would you be one of those saying GEJ should have his four years if you had lost your entire family in a terrorist attack knowing fully well it is 100% the fault of GEJ for his universally-condemned failure to go after the head of the terrorism snake? I.e the sponsors and source of finance of terrorism he tells the entire world he knows? Let us get real in Nigerian and stop insulting those who ask for the right thing to be done. One thing I find is that it is healthy to get out of Nigeria, mentally and physically, now and then otherwise our aberrant nation unhealthily bends the perception of even the most upright folks. It is always good to receive 'reminder' examples, now and then, of how things should be done.

Gbawe, you and I know that Nigeria's problem is systemic. It goes beyond Goodluck Jonathan. Has he performed poorly? Yes. Should he leave? That would be desirable in theory, but not under the current circumstances.

First, GEJ still enjoys overwhelming support from his region. Removing him from the presidency will likely make the likes of Tompolo, Asari, Boyloaf and co return to the creeks.

Second, Namadi Sambo doesn't strike me as a man who will rock the boat either. He is an "establishment" personality, just like his boss. So what would putting him in the saddle change? It's better for the National Assembly to focus on passing key bills like the PIB, the Health bill and others.

Let me zero in on the NASS for a minute. Do you know that the legislators are a part of the problem? Aren't you aware that these dishonourable lawmakers (including the guys in the opposition) are a part of the waste and profligacy in governance that we blame the president for? Let's take the excessive number of ministries and government agencies as an instance. Many of these agencies (through which our national wealth is being sunk in form of wasteful recurrent spending) have been set up by LAW, meaning they cannot be scrapped unless by legislative action. Why aren't we calling our lawmakers to account for their failure to pass repealing laws to scrap these agencies? What about their unjustified constituency allowances? Are we holding them to account fot that?

Don't get me wrong, I know that we have a disaster for a president. However, I posit that [b[removing him will solve nothing.[/b]

Finally, I need to highlight the flawed analogy you made with GEJ's accession after Yar'Adua's death. Yar'Adua was clearly incapacitated physically. Goodluck Jonathan is not.

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2013
Onlytruth: If it were someone else now complaining about Obasanjo's wasted years in office, some people will say he is whining.

Have you ever wished for anything good in your life?
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by PointB: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2013
HNosegbe: So we should impeach him and bring on who, Namadi Sambo? Will Nigeria fare any better under a Sambo presidency?

Correct thinking.

I wonder who folks who argue passionately for the impeachment of GEJ wants to lead the country thereafter. You impeach GEJ and elevate Sambo, what good does that do and what will change? Without any iota of doubt, GEJ will not only have his four years, but will have groundswell support should he run for a second term.

FOI has been signed into law, Power is improving, trains are back, terrorism is being tackled heads-on, aviation is on track, and so much more. It takes a only a hypocrite and the worst kind of hater, motivated by ethnic, sectional, and partisan interest, to ignore all these, for the intangibles like the president's articulacy (or lack of it) and demeanor. Shame.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Bobandgreat: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
MsDarkSkin:

Exactly! Who will replace him. Look at the crop of people in ACN and CPC. These are thesame old politicians recycled time and time again. These same politicians were not given relevance while in PDP and they left and formed their own. Their hearts could even b more terrible. Infact they r more terrible. What I believe we should b doing is to guide this our current president by:
1. Protesting when we feel he is wrong like the subsidy protest.
2. Complaining when we have to like this Alamesigha issue.
3. Supporting when we have to like this Boko Haram Amnesty issue.

What we must not do is to impeach him because he is still far better than the other options.

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Gbawe2: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2013
HNosegbe:

Gbawe, you and I know that Nigeria's problem is systemic. It goes beyond Goodluck Jonathan. Has he performed poorly? Yes. Should he leave? That would be desirable in theory, but not under the current circumstances.

First, GEJ still enjoys overwhelming support from his region. Removing him from the presidency will likely make the likes of Tompolo, Asari, Boyloaf and co return to the creeks.

Second, Namadi Sambo doesn't strike me as a man who will rock the boat either. He is an "establishment" personality, just like his boss. So what would putting him in the saddle change? It's better for the National Assembly to focus on passing key bills like the PIB, the Health bill and others.

Let me zero in on the NASS for a minute. Do you know that the legislators are a part of the problem? Aren't you aware that these dishonourable lawmakers (including the guys in the opposition) are a part of the waste and profligacy in governance that we blame the president for? Let's take the excessive number of ministries and government agencies as an instance. Many of these agencies (through which our national wealth is being sunk in form of wasteful recurrent spending) have been set up by LAW, meaning they cannot be scrapped unless by legislative action. Why aren't we calling our lawmakers to account for their failure to pass repealing laws to scrap these agencies? What about their unjustified constituency allowances? Are we holding them to account fot that?

Don't get me wrong, I know that we have a disaster for a president. However, I posit that [b[removing him will solve nothing.[/b]

Finally, I need to highlight the flawed analogy you made with GEJ's accession after Yar'Adua's death. Yar'Adua was clearly incapacitated physically. Goodluck Jonathan is not.

My brother, the more systemic the problem the greater the urgency to find leaders who fully appreciate what needs to be done to facilitate systemic overhaul, re-orientate socio-economic belief systems and drive positive change. When a Business/company has been grounded because of amassed wrongdoing, now creating a huge headache for stakeholders, you don't resolve things by throwing up your hands and saying the situation is hopeless because of sstemic rot. You seek better alternatives starting from the position that can make the most far-reaching and transformationally desirable changes.

Nigeria's problems are far less complicated than Nigerians have been made to believe - to include even the most well-read and academically gifted Nigerians. Everything revolves around the crudest leaders doing everything to maintain this status quo whereby a few do everything to aid how they continuously hijack the wealth of a Nation. Indeed this situation will not change overnight but we will begin moving in the right direction when we have a President who is not committed to the mindset of those who plot daily and embrace machinations that helps them maintain the awful status-quo.

When you mention Yar Adua's incapacitation, you miss my point which is that a President must leave if the reasons for him leaving are valid. It may be physical incapacitation or even gross incompetence leading to the needless loss of life of the very citizens he took an oath to protect. The point is that, regarding any[b] valid[/b] reasons for a President leaving office, we should all respect democracy. The incapability to do this means, regardless of the copious paper certificate we garner, Nigerians are simply not politically sophisticated and politically evolved in the way others are.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

My brother, the more systemic the problem the greater the urgency to find leaders who fully appreciate what needs to be done to facilitate systemic overhaul, re-orientate socio-economic belief systems and drive positive change. When a Business/company has been grounded because of amassed wrongdoing, now creating a huge headache for stakeholders, you don't resolve things by throwing up your hands and saying the situation is hopeless because of sstemic rot. You seek better alternatives starting from the position that can make the most far-reaching and transformationally desirable changes.

I agree wholeheartedly with your point here, but it only reinforces my earlier point. If Jonathan is impeached, it won't change anything. Sambo is as much an "establishment" personality as GEJ... So we can't expect anything to get better under a Sambo presidency.

We need to look at the bigger picture here... Nigeria's problems stem from weakness of institutions and our relative political naivete (like you said), so a simple impeachment of a sitting president, as desirable as it sounds, won't give us the solutions we seek.

It's better to keep this government on it's toes, protest every act of waste and corruption perpetrated in this administration, and also (now this is crucial) hold OTHER arms and tiers of government accountable for their (mis)deeds.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by ayox2003: 11:00am On Mar 13, 2013

This country will not move forward if u guys keep using past leaders as a frame of reference. Well, I'm not surprised cos tribalism would make an Ijaw man compare GEJ's performance with that of OBJ without even pointing to the most important fact that they are from the same party. In saner climes, u compare leaders achievement vis-a-vis the party they represent because the party has a bond stronger than tribal origin. The leader acts based on the party's ideology, not cos of his mothers hometown. Which ofcourse is what you should be saying here. GEJ is PDP, OBJ is PDP so what gives? Huh?

That aside, OBJ founded EFCC, ICPC. He jailed his Yoruba "brothers", Tafa Balogun and Bode George. He discovered Ribadu and supported him. Please kindly tell me the state of EFCC and ICPC now. Kindly tell me why the President categorically said he can't do anything to Maina, the pension thief. Give me reasons why GEJ has chosen the path of abetting corruption that would make him pardon Alameiseigha. Just let me know why the subsidy cabals are yet to be brought to justice. Could u open my eyes to see why GEJ could grant the CEO of Bank of the North, the man who carted away with pple's money, a state pardon. Please tell me.

I have finally made up my mind that come 2015, GEJ must be out of office. We moved from military to PDP which ofcourse wasn't bad. Now its time to move from PDP to APC. I don't care if they are from PDP anymore. This country needs to move forward. We can't be serving the same crown and expect things to change. Just like Nigeria changed when we moved from the military to PDP, its time to move for change.

Frawzey
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by kettykings: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2013
Moderators should move this Joke to the Joke Section

1 Like

Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by mamikky: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
Addressing journalists at the National Assembly Complex yesterday, Omoworare (ACN, Osun East) said “thepresident is not doing enough. I’ve repeatedly saidon the floor of the Senate thatI personally have challenges withthe president’scapacity to administer Nigeria. He maybe a good-natured man, but governing Nigeria takes more than being good-natured. I’m not a fan offormer President Olusegun Obasanjo who sometimes does some self-glorification, but Obasanjo, even if wrong, was taking decisions, but the incumbent president doesn’t take decisions and doesn’t even understand therudiments of governance.
“As a senator, I don’t have light in my houses in Ife and Lagos. I know we still import fuel to favour some people…we’ve spent trillions of naira on fuelsubsidy. Thesetrillions would’ve been used to set up refineries, whether done by the government or by individuals; it doesn’t matter to the electorate. Fuelcan sell for less than N40 per litre in Nigeria if thereare enough refineries,” he said.
The legislator, who called on Senators to go beyond party boundary and do what is bestin the interest of Nigerians byimpeaching Mr Jonathan, said,“the worst we can do to the president is impeachment. How many PDP senators will allow you to impeach him irrespective of how bad some of us feel he is? You can’t even raise it, ifyou do, they (PDP senators) would shout you down. But there must be a limit to politics. As senators of theFederal Republic of Nigeria, if it’s in the interest of Nigeria as a whole that we take a decision, let’s take it.”

The senator may be right in areas of taking decisions but I dont think any sensible Nigeria who is unbais will blame GEJ about the building new refineries and also the electricity problem in Nigeria solely. What of Obasanjo you just praised etc. Common, let us be fair and stop playing to the gallery. We allow him finish his term, then we work hard and vote him out. Impeachment talks in Nigeria now is idiotic.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by lacasa: 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
If it had been, we were in a country where human beings are leading human beings, a person like GEJ would have never been President in the first place.

But, as we are in Banana republic where Pigs are leading majority Donkeeys and very very few human beings, impeaching him can never happen in such country.

#.. Kudos, Senator for suggesting it though.
Re: Impeach Jonathan Now In The Interest Of Nigerians – Senator by slimghost(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
Please move this to Jokes section pls Mr MOD cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa / Borno Attack: Troops Ran Out Of Ammunition – Army General / EDUCATION MINISTERS 2015 CAMPAIGN POSTER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.