Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (16178 Views)

Poll: Which album is tighter?

Curicullum Vitae: 61% (33 votes)
Solar Plexus: 38% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Has Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus lived to expectations?

Yes: 50% (8 votes)
It hasnt: 6% (1 vote)
Very poor,shit album!: 25% (4 votes)
Average album: 18% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by larivers: 7:43pm On May 08, 2012
Nigerians are too sentimental,
These songs are far below what Jazzy usually does, look at the songs he's done earlier with Tiwa, Wande and D'prince
Truth is my people are too sentimental thats why we're were we're today.

All the songs are below average or worst case average.
fool yourselves all you want.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gaffer: 7:53pm On May 08, 2012
It is now Don j versus D banj
Like someone just posted it is 1-0 now
D banj's album coming out on May 14th. Lets see if he can draw or beat the scoreline..lol

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gaffer: 7:55pm On May 08, 2012
larivers: Nigerians are too sentimental,
These songs are far below what Jazzy usually does, look at the songs he's done earlier with Tiwa, Wande and D'prince

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gaffer: 7:55pm On May 08, 2012
larivers: Nigerians are too sentimental,

U got it wrong !!!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by sharpman1(m): 8:06pm On May 08, 2012
ndidibabe: Please ask him again. He took his time to listen to all the tracks and even pointed the flops. Did he say Don Baba? He isnt a fan, for real..

You are a funny person o.

I don't care about dbanj or don jazy and it is not about who will survive. My point is.......this is way below the previus songs donjazy had produced in d past........I guess its prob because he rushed the album.

So I still say dat the album is below expectation.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 08, 2012
I have listened to all the songs. The album is an all time low from Don Jazzy! I am personally disappointed. It's below average and it's obviously a rushed work.

However, I think D'prince and Wande Coal have great potentials. If the group stay united, they will go places! They should take enough time to work through any album. There is no point rushing. To salvage this obviously weak album, I suggest they run a number of remix on many of the songs to bring them to par of excellence.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Geeweeny(m): 8:15pm On May 08, 2012
Ghydyon: It is obvious dat d poster was listen to d back of d radio or d poster fone has fault wen downloading it...Bad belle.Ur dbanj wetin him do since he z wit KW?
1 tn i c z dt u guys dnt lyk d truth,d album wz rushd,dn jazzy didnt wnt 2 stay irelevnt,i hrd sm1 sayn dt dia z no gd producers in 9ja,4 me no1 jessejagz,2 cobhams,3 samklef mayb jazzy nxt,only wt jazzy z gud at z afro pop av u c jazzy prducd a ragee trck or hardcore or soulful musc b4,abg mk una ansa dt 1 4 me,as 4 dbnj,me no knw bt d guy z rckn uk wit hz oliver twst,bt m nt sure weda d whyt wd gv hm d suport d way we do here
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gaffer: 8:33pm On May 08, 2012
sharp man:

You are a funny person o.

I don't care about dbanj or don jazy and it is not about who will survive. My point is.......this is way below the previus songs donjazy had produced in d past........I guess its prob because he rushed the album.

So I still say dat the album is below expectation.

Even if he rushed the album, tell me which producer in this Africa can rush album and still produce songs and beats of this magnitude

Let the truth be told, this guy is GOOD. This album better than d previous ones

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by illrhymes(m): 8:41pm On May 08, 2012
The album is super good. I've taken my time to listen to each track and it's got potential monster hits. Anybody comparing CV wiv dis album is just being unreasonable. CV was promoted and even had video's like "Love that Booty" on air and other tracks. 2 days online promo and this album is having this buzz is enough to prove that Don Jazzy is the best. Why will you guys say the album was rushed? Don't you know producers have beats in their archives? This album is simply a take a way.....I've personally spotted 6 hits. The same people that are criticizing this album will be the same people that will be dancing to every track from the album in the club and even use it as ringtone. As for the D'Banj, I wish him the best tho.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by titus3: 8:47pm On May 08, 2012
Been listening to the tracks so far, and Chocolate by Dr. Sid is definitely one of my favourites! I gotta download that one!

D Prince will definitely get some of his tracks banned if the NCC hears them(especially track 9)

Still listening to the rest(Thank God for ultra-fast broadband internet here in the office grin)

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by titus3: 8:50pm On May 08, 2012
Some of the artistes need to work on their lyrics sha... They are still recycling the same old talk about haters, money, love and they are not doing it too creatively. This is why 2Face continues to reign over all of them... His lyrics are mostly on point!

On the good side, all the beats are lovable... you can tell that Don Jazzy put a lot more into producing the songs than the artistes did in writing their lyrics... Sad.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by MrTA(m): 8:57pm On May 08, 2012
Wow, A lot of bad belle people sha.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by ritux: 9:02pm On May 08, 2012
I am a very strong Dbanj fan and I have listened to the album like 5 times today. On a scale of 1 to 10, I will rate the album 7/10. I so much love the Yoyo song.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by samnix1: 9:07pm On May 08, 2012
sharp man: I am not a fan of any..........but truth be told..........that album is Poo.

Rushed job........nothing spectacular......boring songs..........Don Baba should have don a better job.

@poster, please show us a better job around, and thank God u even commended the Tiwa's track wc was produced by that same Don that u said should have done better, he is a don in the industry, U either like him and accept it, or not and listen to danfo driver "sureeeee"
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by sharpman1(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2012
gaffer:
This album better than d previous ones

You joking.......right?
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by cashcpt(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2012
I downloaded and listened to the entire album it sucks really m don jazzy's fan and everything but this has got to be his worst product ever. You don't change a winning team it is a shame mo' hits was the bomb Tiwa Savage shd hv hooked up with Chocolate City or Storm Records
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by sharpman1(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2012
samnix1:

@poster, please show us a better job around, and thank God u even commended the Tiwa's track wc was produced by that same Don that u said should have done better, he is a don in the industry, U either like him and accept it, or not and listen to danfo driver "sureeeee"

Oga, I'm not d Original poster......
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by ritux: 9:18pm On May 08, 2012
Like someone said up there, I know the way this white peeps especially the babes go gaga in the club here in the UK each time Oliver twist and Chop my Money is being played. I am sure Dbang will make it in the UK.

Big up to MARVIN records, Big up to Dbang, Big up to D Jazzy. These guyz took naija music to a higher level.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 08, 2012
shiit.....the wande coal see me ri track is d bomb men......quite massive.....baby u see me rii cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by montelik(m): 9:25pm On May 08, 2012
This was a free album, one that came out with virtually no promotion. Don Jazzy announced the new label Sunday and released the free album Tuesday. This was clearly a promotional tool to help garner publicity for the new label and whatever new projects they hope to start, not a money making or chart bursting release. Why would any body expect this album to match the quality and content of other Don Jazzy productions when this one was free with no promotion what so ever. So Mo'hits all stars CV album was better, but that wasn't a free album with no promotion.

Mixtapes don't usually have better originality, finishing and production than an actual album project. This was a nice little bonus to fans. Personally its a lot better than most mixtapes and free promo records in the naija market recently.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 08, 2012
9jadelta: shiit.....the wande coal see me ri track is d bomb men......quite massive.....ma ko shi ran ..baby u see me ri? cool cool cool cool
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by BABE3: 9:35pm On May 08, 2012
On a general note, I didn't like it. . . very whack. . . especially the songs by D'prince with the exception of Amarachi, which is ironically the best on the "album".

Tiwa Savage's Oma ga is aight. . .very Azonto-able.. . . listening to it with speakers helped.

I wish she had more tracks on the album. I guess her saying "MAVIN ACTIVATED" 45 times is equivalent to 2 songs.

CPR??. . . It sounded like I was listening to Justin Beiber or Taio Cruz

Yolo. . . very dancable.. good beat!

I get why people are saying it seemed rushed. . .
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:38pm On May 08, 2012
Ejiné:

This guy stole the post I was about to type!! shocked

LOL. Bros, werin I do you na? I thiefeth not. Neither do I plagiarise.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Kaiser5000: 9:41pm On May 08, 2012
I dey listen to the whole album here

http://www.gbedunation.com/profile/MavinRecords?xg_source=activity

Loving the track 'Amarachi'
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by zaza1(m): 9:46pm On May 08, 2012
I am a big don jazzy fan and a dbanj fan as well...but all I thot when I heard this album today was"is this the best he could do?"..after listening to this I started wondering if don jazzy is the best producer in nigeria..my answer was honestly "no"..
I think they shudav chilled on the album and done all their PR ,released some singles..but anyway its just a mixtape downloaded free and now we all know about "Mavin"..guess they achieved what they wanted to.

Meanwhile pls can someone tell Wande Coal and many other ignorant Nigerians that there is nothing like "be rest assured"..its either"rest assured" or "be assured"..the English we speak as a people is so poor
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by candylips(m): 9:47pm On May 08, 2012
i cant seem to get Dr Sid's Chocolate out of my head. banging tune right there.

"no need to dey speculate .. that thing wey dey circulate ... its true that am sweet like chocolate .. now u want to dey chopulate . . and i go dey make u dey modulate .."

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by BABE3: 9:54pm On May 08, 2012
candylips: i cant seem to get Dr Sid's Chocolate out of my head. banging tune right there.

"no need to dey speculate .. that thing wey dey circulate ... its true that am sweet like chocolate .. now u want to dey chopulate . . and i go dey make u dey modulate .."

Nursery rhymes are exciting you?

*How many times have I heard those same lines in Nigerian songs . . . .*
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by tlops(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2012
its too early to judge!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Geeweeny(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2012
gaffer:

Even if he rushed the album, tell me which producer in this Africa can rush album and still produce songs and beats of this magnitude

Let the truth be told, this guy is GOOD. This album better than d previous ones
no one said he isnt gud bt dy r oda gud producers in 9ja,its jst d hype,mayb u shud luk ok 4 guys lyk joshbeat,jargo,ekelly,headphones dz guys r creatvd esp jargo.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by IykeD(m): 10:18pm On May 08, 2012
Poster, it's mavin not marvin. Meanwhile, must you listen to the songs?? We love the album if you don't! FYI, the title on the homepage is misleading, why not just put it this way " Condemnation of Don Jazzy". Nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Debie Rise - Here To Stay (Video) / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? / A Review Of "Ponmile" By Reminisce And Its Reference To Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.