Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39616 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Oct 18, 2012
Franklin Graham questions Obama's Christian beliefs, Mitt Romney a Mormon NOT Christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv4SAQIg87Y

Franklin Graham questions Obama's Christian beliefs, calls Santorum 'a man of faith'

Franklin Graham, son of famed evangelist Billy Graham, on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Tuesday raised questions about the sincerity of President Obama's Christian faith. When asked by "Morning Joe" panelists why he was willing to say that former House speaker Newt Gingrich was a Christian but expressed doubt that President Obama is, Graham said:

"All I know is that under Obama, President Obama, the Muslims of the world he seems to be more concerned about them than the Christians that are being murdered."
Graham, who works as president and CEO of the Christian charity Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, also suggested that Obama became a Christian for strategic rather than spiritual reasons during his time working as a community organizer in Chicago.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2015
Obama blatantly condemns the words of Jesus
May, 2015
by Rachel Alexander

Obama claims to be a Christian, but his actions and words frequently reflect an hostility towards the religion. His latest statement criticizes something Jesus said, and as usual, the mainstream media is nowhere to be found covering it. He said that Jesus’s teaching that the poor will always be with us is false.

Conservative Tribune covered the story,

“For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always,” Jesus said in Matthew 26:11. It is this particular verse with which Obama took issue, accusing Jesus of being overly “cynical” by making this claim.

“One of the things I’m always concerned about is cynicism,” Obama said. “My chief of staff, Denis McDonough, we take walks around the South Lawn, usually when the weather is good. And a lot of it is policy talk, sometimes it’s just talk about values. And one of our favorite sayings is our job is to guard against cynicism, particularly in this town.

“And I think it’s important for us to guard against cynicism and not buy the idea that the poor will always be with us and there’s nothing we can do, because there’s a lot we can do,” he added. “The question is, do we have the political will, the communal will to do something about it.”

Not only is Obama’s statement blasphemous and evidence he thinks he knows more than Christ, but it reveals his far left Utopian view that we can create a perfect society, if we just had a little more government taxation and regulation. It’s been attempted to try and completely eliminate poverty before, it was called communism and it didn’t work. Obama isn’t the Messiah and he’s not going to end all poverty. A little humility and practice of his alleged Christian faith would go a lot further in genuinely helping the poor.

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by parisbookaddict(f): 7:07am On Sep 29, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Marxism is his personal choice but he doesn't have to deceive the populace by saying that he is a Christian so as to win votes especially when he doesn't believe in Christian values.

OLAADEGBU you make some good points sometimes.. but often a time u miss it..

Like your conspiracy theories you have once again gotten it wrong..

Obama is a pseudo christian.. i agree he isnt a christian because of his support for abortion,, gays etc BUT he isnt a Marxist or a muslim.. he has done more to destabilise radical muslim nations (intentionally or unintentionally) than george bush did in his 8years..

He agrees with saudis most times because he just has to.. they keep iran in check in the middle east..as well as houthi shias in yemen..

The saudis have multibillion dollar millitary contracts with the US as well as trade partnerships .. even before obama came to power

He will say things that keep the saudis /muslims happy as well as the christians . Its his job as the POTUS
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2015
parisbookaddict:

OLAADEGBU you make some good points sometimes.. but often a time u miss it..

Like your conspiracy theories you have once again gotten it wrong..

Obama is a pseudo christian.. i agree he isnt a christian because of his support for abortion,, gays etc BUT he isnt a Marxist or a muslim.. he has done more to destabilise radical muslim nations (intentionally or unintentionally) than george bush did in his 8years..

He agrees with saudis most times because he just has to.. they keep iran in check in the middle east..as well as houthi shias in yemen..

The saudis have multibillion dollar millitary contracts with the US as well as trade partnerships .. even before obama came to power

He will say things that keep the saudis /muslims happy as well as the christians . Its his job as the POTUS

Tell me one thing Obama has said or done to make the Christians happy?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2017
Wow I've just been lead to this old post where someone is lashing out at me for being around in a thread when Jesus was called a bastard. This is how pained and troubled some folks are that they just lash out stupidly. If I was present at the thread and they saw me were they not present too. So it must be there fault too that Jesus was called a bastard. lol.

Enigma:

Let everybody make of and do with Wikipedia what they prefer.

The religion forum used to be like that in the early days ---- and I have said this before e.g. here https://www.nairaland.com/849403/45-questions-skeptics-ask-christians#9997369

There is also no question that some came on the scene claiming to be "intellectuals" etc and to a considerable extent they are responsible for making the religion section what it has become.

No one, at least not me, has ever prevented anyone from discussing whatever they like at whatever level. It is up to each individual to decide whether it is worth his/her while to get involved. One thing I know is that many of the self-acclaimed "intellectuals" seem to suggest that they know it all when quite often we can see that they are simply, erm "bloviating" (thanks to davidylan). People discuss issues as if they are experts when we can often tell that they have not even read 1/10 of the scholarship on the subject.

Well, here the only thing you have going for you is your stated intended change of attitude. This thread itself is a good example of my point on this. Who started the sneering and jibing? Who first maligned another's "intellectual capacity"? Only it turns out that the maligned were actually the more knowledgeable. The very point is that some were going on as though they had all the knowledge and the others had no brain cells etc Is that an atmosphere for everyone to bring their own opinions to the table?

There is "criticism" and there is idiocy.

When someone says that "Jesus was a bastard" for example you can call it "criticism" if you like, just recognise that others are also free and entitled to see it differently.

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Black Pastor Calls Out 'Woke' Liberals And Planned Parenthood's Racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksEJFvrgbBw
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Feb 21, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Sacks Pastor Over MMM / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.