Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39671 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 12, 2012
Obama's a Christian - he's loving, doesn't judge people, minds his business and knows He is president not pope of America. God loves homosexuals. Obama loves them too. Killing and threatening homosexuals with hell hasn't worked else they would have all been killed a long time ago. Meanwhile...
Olaadegbu is an evil, jealous man who prides himself on being God's hell stamp...
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 12:40pm On May 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know what it means to be a Christian other than the usual "Christian" by name only?

Please chief Christian anointer OLAADEGBU tell us what it means to be a Christian.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCcHD8daO8

It will be better for you to learn what it means to be a Christian by watching this videoclip.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 2:25pm On May 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know what it means to be a Christian other than the usual "Christian" by name only?

Well done Ola, this is the very same question that I am asking. What does it mean to be a Christian? What are the criteria by which we can know that someone is or is not a christian?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by logicboy: 2:42pm On May 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It will be better for you to learn what it means to be a Christian by watching this videoclip.

Lol....you use Benny Hinn to explain christianity? A man who has made false prophecies about homosexuals and Fidel Castro? A man who sent mails asking for donations to buy private Jets?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 2:45pm On May 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Nowhere in the clip does he define christian. unless you mean that taking pride in being an offensive person and saying 'I don't care' is what makes someone a christian.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 12, 2012
^^^^^^^
Thank God I didn't bother wasting my bandwidth watching that....
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Well done Ola, this is the very same question that I am asking. What does it mean to be a Christian? What are the criteria by which we can know that someone is or is not a christian?

Benny Hinn answers this question in another videoclip. Watch and learn what it means to be a Christian and know the yardstick to know what makes a person a Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IQOEqZLmg
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 12, 2012
I'm shocked you didn't quote from Scriptures. Instead you post the vid of a man, a man who may have the same bias you have..
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 7:32pm On May 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Benny Hinn answers this question in another videoclip. Watch and learn what it means to be a Christian and know the yardstick to know what makes a person a Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IQOEqZLmg

Nothing about the criteria/yardstick for defining a christian here. Please no more videos, just tell me what is your criteria for what a christian is and then tell me how Obama fails to meet any of the criteria. Thank you in advance.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 12:48am On May 13, 2012
My prophecy is that olaadegbu will post a cartoon since the benny hinn videos have been rejected.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by logicboy: 1:06am On May 13, 2012
Martian: My prophecy is that olaadegbu will post a cartoon since the benny hinn videos have been rejected.

Abeg, dont motivate him to post those stupid cartoons!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 4:27am On May 13, 2012
logicboy:

THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN gave me the prophecy.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by dekung(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2012
Am wondering why Ola is so bothered about Obama's religious affiliation as if Obama is answerable to him or his pastors. Does being a christian make you a better individual? Does being a christian mean you will make better decision? Please Ola should go and sit down and keep his religious convictions and bias to himself.
@Martian, I am an agnost because I do not believe in absolutes but on probabilities. For anything I try to belive or affirm, I leave at least a 5% margin of error. Even science doesnt claim to have all the answers per time because findings change and what we think is true today may not be totally true in the near future and this is why I jettisoned christianity because of its claims on absolutes. I believe there could be a possibility of a creator(s) but I dont think that creator is the abrahamic God. That God is a figment of some prehistoric normad's immagination. Sometimes when I hear these christians speak they make me laugh with their unsubstantiated claims
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2012
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On May 13, 2012
thehomer:

Please chief Christian anointer OLAADEGBU tell us what it means to be a Christian.

To be a Christian means to be a disciple (i.e., a "learner" or "follower" ) of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 9:04pm On May 13, 2012
logicboy:

Too late. It has begun.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 9:08pm On May 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

To be a Christian means to be a disciple (i.e., a "learner" or "follower" ) of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Is the Pope a Christian? How about Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome and Bonnke?

In other words, how can one tell that someone under review is a Christian just as Pastor AIO is asking? I notice that you're yet to actually answer.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On May 14, 2012
thehomer:

Is the Pope a Christian? How about Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome and Bonnke?

In other words, how can one tell that someone under review is a Christian just as Pastor AIO is asking? I notice that you're yet to actually answer.

By their fruits you shall know whether they are followers of Christ or not. If you want to know who qualifies as a Christian then carefully read the following article.

Who is a Christian?

The questions are often asked, "Who is a Christian"? How do I know a Christian if I meet one? Does every Matthew, Luke, or John pass for a Christian? Is everyone who raises up his hand in response to a preacher’s call to repentance a Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar pass for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, "Am I a Christian?"

A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living’ he asked, "Are you a Christian?" The answer came quick and sharp "What do you think I am? A Pagan?" This is a pitiful point.

A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.

A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at work. Are these Christians? A ‘Niagara’ of stormy words is an indication of the absence of Christ in the heart.

Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. "The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" (Acts11:26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

'Disciple' is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of "ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not," the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.

The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21) and closes with Jesus Christ, the King who will come quickly - Revelation 22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make you a churchgoer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you-through Christ’s merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live -through definite faith in His precious Blood; your heart and life are changed. Christ died to reconcile you to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart and life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.

The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ's lifestyle - humility, obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a Christian. If not, why not? "Be not deceived: God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:7). Remember that "not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven."

You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus, the only one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a Christian life.

1. Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you sleep in the evening.
2. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening. (Start with the gospel according to John)
3. Fellowship with Bible-believing Christians.
4. Be conscious of the presence of Jesus EVERY TIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.
5. Send for more tracts to give to your friends as you share your testimonies with them.

http://dclm.org/Resources/ConversionandAfter/tabid/121/Default.aspx
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 4:23pm On May 14, 2012
brainchild78: Obama is a confirmed 33 degree princehall freemason. I prescribe you do you independent research. Obama is far from being a practising Christian especially taken into account that he has pledged support for gay unions in the equivalent structure of a marriage. Stop fooling yourselves and start embracing the truth by equipping yourself ith facts.
A Christian can be a Mason and vice versa. That is not an impediment. You should know that. Their response has been very unfortunate.
He supports gay does not mean anything. The Catholic Church asked pardon for cases of pedo.philia discovered in dozens of schools. Gay pastors have been photographed coming out of bro.thels ... otos were discovered in homos.exual relationships ...
You do not know gay Christians? Gay Pastors?
If you do not know, I can present many ...
Jimmy Swaggart condemned "sin of the meat" until he was found with five prost.itutes ... he then said he had been tempted by Satan LOL!
Please write seriously.
I have no fault that Obama is a Catholic like you.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2012
[uote author=OLAADEGBU][/quote]

Lers ashamed that Obama is a Catholic?
Then change their religion.
Look for a religion that does not have pedo.philes, not change the context of biblical passages, not to steal money from the lowly lying about tithing ... seeking a religion with ethics and morals.
Obama no fault of, it's your fault.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 6:34pm On May 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

By their fruits you shall know whether they are followers of Christ or not. If you want to know who qualifies as a Christian then carefully read the following article.

Who is a Christian?

The questions are often asked, "Who is a Christian"? How do I know a Christian if I meet one? Does every Matthew, Luke, or John pass for a Christian? Is everyone who raises up his hand in response to a preacher’s call to repentance a Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar pass for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, "Am I a Christian?"

A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living’ he asked, "Are you a Christian?" The answer came quick and sharp "What do you think I am? A Pagan?" This is a pitiful point.

A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.

A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at work. Are these Christians? A ‘Niagara’ of stormy words is an indication of the absence of Christ in the heart.

Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. "The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" (Acts11:26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

'Disciple' is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of "ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not," the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.

The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21) and closes with Jesus Christ, the King who will come quickly - Revelation 22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make you a churchgoer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you-through Christ’s merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live -through definite faith in His precious Blood; your heart and life are changed. Christ died to reconcile you to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart and life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.

The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ's lifestyle - humility, obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a Christian. If not, why not? "Be not deceived: God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:7). Remember that "not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven."

You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus, the only one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a Christian life.

1. Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you sleep in the evening.
2. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening. (Start with the gospel according to John)
3. Fellowship with Bible-believing Christians.
4. Be conscious of the presence of Jesus EVERY TIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.
5. Send for more tracts to give to your friends as you share your testimonies with them.

http://dclm.org/Resources/ConversionandAfter/tabid/121/Default.aspx

How do you know that Obama doesn't perform numbers 1 to 4?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2012
thehomer:

Is that he is a spy for Al-Qaeda.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 7:38pm On May 14, 2012
What I am getting from all of this is that anybody can be a christian as long as they [size=15pt]don't[/size] do certain things.

These things include:

1)They must not respect the religion of others

2) They must be homophobic, ie they must not be tolerant of people who are different from them.

3) They must not practice their religion in private but must make as much noise as possible on every street corner.

4) They must not practice anything that is not approved of by a large enough section of the society.

5) They must not in any way or form live and practice their religion in a way that contrary to Olaadegbu's biases.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: What I am getting from all of this is that anybody can be a christian as long as they [size=15pt]don't[/size] do certain things.

These things include:

2) They must be homophobic, ie they must not be tolerant of people who are different from them.

3) They must not practice their religion in private but must make as much noise as possible on every street corner.

4) They must not practice anything that is not approved of by a large enough section of the society.

5) They must not in any way or form live and practice their religion in a way that contrary to Olaadegbu's biases.

100% agree with you!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 9:11pm On May 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Is that he is a spy for Al-Qaeda.

How else could he have known where Osama bin Laden was? wink
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2012
thehomer:

How else could he have known where Osama bin Laden was?

Dear friend:
(Speak softly, because the CIA can learn, but he is actually the new Bin Laden's secret personality. Has infiltrated into the forum to haunt us with their posts)

wink wink
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55pm On May 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

A Christian can be a Mason and vice versa. That is not an impediment. You should know that. Their response has been very unfortunate.
He supports gay does not mean anything. The Catholic Church asked pardon for cases of pedo.philia discovered in dozens of schools. Gay pastors have been photographed coming out of bro.thels ... otos were discovered in homos.exual relationships ...
You do not know gay Christians? Gay Pastors?
If you do not know, I can present many ...
Jimmy Swaggart condemned "sin of the meat" until he was found with five prost.itutes ... he then said he had been tempted by Satan LOL!
Please write seriously.
I have no fault that Obama is a Catholic like you.

This is the typical misconception of who and what a Christian is.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2012
thehomer:

We can know this because of the policies and utterances he makes.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2012
Pastor AIO:

What I am getting from all of this is that anybody can be a christian as long as they [size=15pt]don't[/size] do certain things.

Is that what you could get out of the answers provided?

Pastor AIO:
These things include:

Political correctness per excellence. True Christianity loves rather than tolerates. I'll rather be loved than to be tolerated.

Pastor AIO:

True Christianity is not something you hide under the bushel. It shines through your conduct, conversation and conscience in all that you say or do. They are always in the minority, but with God they are a majority.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 10:39pm On May 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

We can know this because of the policies and utterances he makes.

Which of his policies and utterances shows that he doesn't perform them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Sacks Pastor Over MMM / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Jogging & Exercising In South Africa (Photos) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.