Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39638 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2012
Ostrich --- head ---- sand. It is of course a legal requirement subject only to the exception allowed!

Let's try again, here:

β€œAn individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services shall take the following oath: β€˜I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.’”

Go and find a lawyer to explain the "shall" that I bolded for you. Come to think of it, I wouldn't really expect an intelligent and honest person to need a lawyer to understand even the entirety of that provision.

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2012
thehomer:

I wonder how hard it is for these religious fanatics to understand that these laws also protect them just in case they become the minority tomorrow.
thehomer:

I wonder how hard it is for these religious fanatics to understand that these laws also protect them just in case they become the minority tomorrow.
thehomer:

exactly:
This is not a struggle against atheism, but what you just said!
It is the protection of all ideas ... It's a guarantee that any religion is to undergo another ...
But the fool does not understand (possibly due to a malfunction of your single neuron)
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 8:30pm On May 25, 2012
@thehomer

Let me add one thing more to your education after which I won't bother anymore as (a) I'm bored already and (b) I would prefer a quicker learning student. wink

Why didn't your "separation of Church and State" prevent Congress from adopting the Pledge of Allegiance in the terms below including reference to God?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 8:35pm On May 25, 2012
Enigma: Ostrich --- head ---- sand. It is of course a legal requirement subject only to the exception allowed!

Let's try again, here:

Go and find a lawyer to explain the "shall" that I bolded for you. Come to think of it, I wouldn't really expect an intelligent and honest person to need a lawyer to understand even the entirety of that provision.

cool

Do you know what a legal requirement is? I ask because that seems to be the root of your confusion. If it were a legal requirement, then anyone taking the oath must take it as written. Since they do not all have to take it as written, it isn't a legal requirement. Please look up what a "legal requirement" is and rectify your gross ignorance.
Would the exception be that they aren't required to say "so help me God"? Yet you think that phrase is a legal requirement? You're deeply confused.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2012
^^ Maybe one day, you'll understand maybe one day! Maybe one day you'll find a more patient teacher.

For me I say "Ebenezer"! wink

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 8:43pm On May 25, 2012
Enigma: @thehomer

Let me add one thing more to your education after which I won't bother anymore as (a) I'm bored already and (b) I would prefer a quicker learning student. wink

Of course. Run away when your glaring ignorance is fully exposed and you have no where to hide.

Enigma:
Why didn't your "separation of Church and State" prevent Congress from adopting the Pledge of Allegiance in the terms below including reference to God?

cool

That was due to the circumstances under which that came about. It occurred in a period of fear. To help you, read this article. The fact that a wrong decision was made doesn't negate the concept of a separation between church and state.
Also, ask yourself if adding under Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Buddha etc would be acceptable.
I also see that you've actually been unable to show that the constitution actually allows a melding of church and state which is what you would actually need to show for your points to be valid.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you've learned something today.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 9:26pm On May 25, 2012
The neuron is malfunctioning.
The individual is happy because someone swears by God ...
Which god? ...
Imagine you an atheist swear by God (laughter) you imagine a Islamic? ... you imagine, in an Islamic country a Christian swearing by the god of Islam? (laughter) ... comply with a sdtupid requirement that does not commit no one.
So, easier to miss that oath.
My country is secular, it swears "by the personal honor," but not by any god.
All religions are respected, and no church can meddle in government affairs.
But that's not an atheist state.
Sure, we can not do that to understand Enigma ... your neuron fails to understand.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2012
This is a follow up on Obama's stand on abortion. Here he promises to sign the Freedom of Choice Acts that restricts States from prohibiting abortion, even partial birth abortion. Is he a Christian by name only or is it a reflection of his actual Marxist beliefs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU: This is a follow up on Obama's stand on abortion. Here he promises to sign the Freedom of Choice Acts that restricts States from prohibiting abortion, even partial birth abortion. Is he a Christian by name only or is it a reflection of his actual Marxist beliefs?

lmao, in the name of your god, how does Freedom of Choice bill translate to marxism? You've gone from calling him a non christian to calling him communist. Only fundamentalism can do this to someone. You are losing your mind over someone and something you don't even have a say in!! After all this crying and moaning, are you going to vote in November??
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU: This is a follow up on Obama's stand on abortion. Here he promises to sign the Freedom of Choice Acts that restricts States from prohibiting abortion, even partial birth abortion. Is he a Christian by name only or is it a reflection of his actual Marxist beliefs?

I heard that Osama lives in the White House basement and him and Obama say the five daily prayers together.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfFVKqHWJU0

"Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknown black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society"

To think this is the organisation is promising to back up says so much about his faith.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 26, 2012
Martian:
lmao, in the name of your god, how does Freedom of Choice bill translate to marxism? You've gone from calling him a non christian to calling him communist. Only fundamentalism can do this to someone. You are losing your mind over someone and something you don't even have a say in!! After all this crying and moaning, are you going to vote in November??

The pastor said, Obama and the Queen are part of the anti christian league and that "God save the Queen" is about to be changed to "Almighty Britain"
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 26, 2012

Obama has g@y sex on the devil's altar in the Oval offcie while singing "jesus loves me".
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 26, 2012

Obama is the 12th Imam.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 26, 2012

Obama was not born in America. He wasn't even born in indonesia. He is a member of the House of Saud! His great grandfather is the second cousin twice removed from the brother of the Father of the King of Saudi Arabia. So he is 50th in line to the throne of the most important muslim country. He is not a christian!!!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2012
Martian:

So? Is the "negro project" still on or does Planned Parenthood help improve women's health?

Educate yourself by doing a research on this Margaret Sanger, who founded Planned Parenthood, and see what she was up to. Thanks to Obama who will now actualise her dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJqPpTCYO4
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Educate yourself by doing a research on this Margaret Sanger, who founded Planned Parenthood, and see what she was up to. Thanks to Obama who will now actualise her dream.

Maybe Obama should "actualise her dream" and have you sterilized.

Margaret Sanger and eugenics
Sanger's 1920 book endorsed eugenics.Further information: Margaret Sanger#Eugenics
[b]In the 1920s various theories of eugenics were popular among intellectuals in the United States. For example, 75% of colleges offered courses on eugenics.[89] Sanger, in her campaign to promote birth control, teamed with eugenics organizations such as the American Eugenics Society, although she argued against many of their positions.[90][91][92] She believed that birth control, sterilization and abortion should be voluntary and not based on race.[93] Opponents of Planned Parenthood often refer to Sanger's connection with supporters of eugenics to discredit the organization by associating it, and birth control, with the more negative modern view of eugenics.[94][95] Planned Parenthood has responded to this effort directly in a leaflet acknowledging that Sanger agreed with some of her contemporaries who advocated the voluntary hospitalization or sterilization of people with untreatable, disabling, hereditary conditions, and limits on the immigration of the diseased. The leaflet also states that Planned Parenthood "finds these views objectionable and outmoded" but says that it was compelled to discuss the topic because "anti-family planning activists continue to attack Sanger . . . because she is an easier target" than Planned Parenthood. [96][/b]

[b]Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), commonly shortened to Planned Parenthood, is the U.S. affiliate of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and one of its larger members. PPFA is a non-profit organization providing reproductive health and maternal and child health services. The Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Inc. (PPAF) is a related organization which lobbies for pro-choice legislation, comprehensive sex education, and access to affordable health care in the United States.
Planned Parenthood is the largest provider of reproductive health services in the United States, which include contraceptives and abortions, among other services.[3][4] Contraception accounts for 35% of PPFA's total services and abortions account for 3%; PPFA conducts roughly 300,000 abortions each year, among 3 million people served.[5][6][7]
The organization has its roots in Brooklyn, New York, where Margaret Sanger opened the country's first birth-control clinic. Sanger founded the American Birth Control League in 1921, which in 1942 became part of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Since then, Planned Parenthood has grown to have over 820 clinic locations in the U.S., with a total budget of US $1 billion. PPFA provides an array of services to over three million people in the United States, and supports services for over one million clients outside the United States.[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Obama supports PPH so they can help him abort potential christians before they come out of the womb and become pests........indoctrinated with jesus.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2012
You can read into all the propaganda that Planned Parenthood meant good but true African Americans can read between the lines and see what's behind the smokescreen, and if you don't see this that means that you might just be a coconut black man. Here is another African American saying it as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8977zALdnkc
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU: You can read into all the propaganda that Planned Parenthood meant good but true African Americans can read between the lines and see what's behind the smokescreen, and if you don't see this that means that you might just be a coconut black man. Here is another African American saying it as it is.

When someone starts talking about "true african americans" or the proverbial "real nigga", that person is more likely than not to be losing an argument that pertains to his ignorance.

So yeah, I'm not a "true African American", I'll rather be a "coconut black man" if being a "true african american" means I have to have the same views as you.I'll embrace death before I adopt a mentality like yours.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU: You can read into all the propaganda that Planned Parenthood meant good but true African Americans can read between the lines and see what's behind the smokescreen, and if you don't see this that means that you might just be a coconut black man. Here is another African American saying it as it is.

Remind your "true african americans" that PPH is in their best interest in the 21st century.

84% of them believe in god yet they have a 70% births out of wedlock......why don't you "Plan" your parenthood rathr than have kids who grow up in unstable environments and end up feeding the Prison Industrial Complex. Jesus can't save them from that?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2012
Let's hear it from Margaret Sanger's own mouth and not just what we think she says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlvtG6rQJoc
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Let's hear it from Margaret Sanger's own mouth and not just what we think she says.

Posts more videos. it doesn't change the fact that Sanger has been dead for decades and that PPH is now about women's health. WOMEN'S HEALTH! Do you crazy christian f#cks know what that means?

Services provided at locations include contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On May 26, 2012
Martian:

Posts more videos. it doesn't change the fact that Sanger has been dead for decades and that PPH is now about women's health. WOMEN'S HEALTH! Do you crazy christian f#cks know what that means?

Services provided at locations include contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion.

Yes. I heard it before, the saying of " Don't confuse me with the facts because my mind is already made up" which is now your mantra. Here are more facts to confuse you by an American group that are interested in facts and not fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEja-1emRic
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Yes. I heard it before, the saying of [b]"Don't confuse me with the facts because my mind is already made up" [/b]which is now your mantra. Here are more facts to confuse you by an American group that are interested in facts and not fantasy.

You don't know the meaning of "fact" and your world view revolves around jewish fantasies so you are an expert in fantasies. The mantra fits you......perfectly. Post the next video, you nutjob.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On May 26, 2012
Martian:

You don't know the meaning of "fact" and your world view revolves around jewish fantasies so you are an expert in fantasies. The mantra fits you......perfectly. Post the next video, you nutjob.

Here is a former Director of Planned Parenthood being interviewed by a former Presidential canditate on the actions being carried out in the organisation and why she had to leave the job, if you call it "nutjob".. I guess you wouldn't like to listen to what she is saying so cover your ears and bury your head in the sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVt8yLuyUs
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Here is a former Director of Planned Parenthood being interviewed by a former Presidential canditate on the actions being carried out in the organisation and why she had to leave the job, if you call it "nutjob".. I guess you wouldn't like to listen to what she is saying so cover your ears and bury your head in the sand.

I called you a nutjob, not it.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 7:20pm On May 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8

Once again, you've run away from the discussion we've been having. I also notice that you've decided to go with multiple logical fallacies.
What does Marx have to do with Obama's policies?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2012
Martian:

I called you a nutjob, not it.

Am I surprised that you now have to resort to the use of Ad hominems when you've lost the argument? It is your right to freedom of speech which no one is denying you of but who will fight for the rights of this unborn baby in the videoclip below, you or Obama?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5X06OaZTW4
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 7:28pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJqPpTCYO4

This is a mixture of two logical fallacies. The poisoning the well and the genetic fallacy fallacy.
The fact that Sanger had certain views doesn't mean that the organisation has those views. The fact that the founder of the organisation had certain views doesn't mean that the organisation actually currently has those views.

You really need to put some effort into thinking about these issues rather than simply spouting whatever you've been fed.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Am I surprised that you now have to resort to the use of Ad hominems when you've lost the argument? It is your right to freedom of speech which no one is denying you of but who will fight for the rights of this unborn baby in the videoclip below, you or Obama?

check the first page, I called you a "born nuisance with no original ideas in his head". This is not argument to be won or lost, you're just a nuisance fundamentalist christian busy body. Crying about the president of a country you don't live in, then creating controversies where there are none. i'm not fighting for any "unborn baby", I respect women's rights to do with their body as they please. You and your jewsish nazi idea of a god have no say in the matter.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 26, 2012
thehomer:
This is a mixture of two logical fallacies. The poisoning the well and the genetic fallacy fallacy.
The fact that Sanger had certain views doesn't mean that the organisation has those views. The fact that the founder of the organisation had certain views doesn't mean that the organisation actually currently has those views.
You really need to put some effort into thinking about these issues rather than simply spouting whatever you've been fed.

The guy probably has mental problems. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Brazil's Satanic Carnival That Mock Jesus And Gods Responds To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.