Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,093 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39644 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On May 22, 2012
Enigma:

@Olaadegbu

I let most of those (as well as others) go because I thought they weren't really worthwhile.

cool

Edited

I had to address his point because he set himself up to teach what he doesn't understand or it may be that he attempted to mislead others.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2012
@Olaadegbu

I understand. Also, I have now edited my earlier post accordingly. smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On May 22, 2012
Enigma: @Olaadegbu

I understand. Also, I have now edited my earlier post accordingly. smiley

cool

Thanks.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Even after my apologies you're still reverting to idiocy. That is not what the constitution says at all. Your twisting of it would make any law, e.g law against murder, an example. Any way, I'm off, but I'll return with more thoughts on what I think is really going on with this thread. I'm done with dealing with Enigma and I'm sure that any discerning reader will see through all that is going on.
1. The topic is to discuss whether Obama is Christian or not. Nobody could prove otherwise, so it was absolutely proven that Obama is Christian. At confession of a party relay tests.
2. Are you an intelligent person. You should not waste their time arguing with an underfunded as Enigma, who also lacks a low education.
3. I agree with you. Discuss with Enigma is a truly idiotic.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by ijawkid(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2012
I have said it a million times o on this nairaland....

A true christian,a true follower of christ does not engage in d worlds politics.....

Obama is not a christian!!!!!

He is one of those persons who claim to be a christian but is not......

Final!!!!!!

How can u rule america,d world power, and still be a christian??

Madness!!!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2012
ijawkid: I have said it a million times o on this nairaland....

A true christian,a true follower of christ does not engage in d worlds politics.....

Obama is not a christian!!!!!

He is one of those persons who claim to be a christian but is not......

Final!!!!!!

How can u rule america,d world power, and still be a christian??

Madness!!!

Yes, many times it hurts someone who is a Christian allow the crimes he allows.
But it is a reality ... it is said Christian, attends church and the pastor not removing him, everyone knows he's a Christian ...
It really is a High class Christian ...
Christians should be proud to have a representative so famous.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by ijawkid(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Yes, many times it hurts someone who is a Christian allow the crimes he allows.
But it is a reality ... it is said Christian, attends church and the pastor not removing him, everyone knows he's a Christian ...
It really is a High class Christian ...
Christians should be proud to have a representative so famous.

Lol....

Those clerics are crazy too for making him feel he is a christian...

Jesus will realy deny many when d end comes....

Early christians and d apostles ,including Jesus avoided and remained neutral when it came to politics....

But todays professed christians want to delve in it and still see if they can follow Jesus foot steps closely...

What's d result??

Spiritual chaos.....
Like d likes of obama and other world leaders....

Obama isn't a christian,he's a psuedo-christians....

Shikena!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 10:14am On May 23, 2012
Pastor AIO:

LOL!!! Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum now do a tag team routine for our entertainment.

Please you will have to give me a link of me and 'atheist or non-christians' slapping each other on the back. It seems that there are somethings about me that you simply just can't grasp. I defend and support IDEAS that I agree with regardless of who is proposing them, whether an atheist, a christian, a catholic, a moslem, or whatever. Similarly when I don't agree with the same person on another point I will also voice my disagreement.

You see I am quite different from you. Not only you, but a lot of other people. Actually it seems that the moslems are the worst at this. They will rather argue in favour of rubbish than be seen to stand against an 'ally'. And you know, to be frank, that that is all it is - Alliances. I've observed for a while now that you belong to a secret (or maybe not so secret) cabal on Nairaland. Your posts expose as much. For instance check this:

[
https://www.nairaland.com/882034/10-basis-scripture-interpretation/2#10417592

So who are these 'relevant people'? I would actually like a full list and if you could publish your constitution and agenda for me too that would be nice.

At the moment those I can discern clearly are Enigma/Olaadegbu/ and Davidylan, also known to me as Tweedle-dim, Tweedle-dumb, and Tweedle-daft (not respectively so you're free to choose amongst yourselves which one is which), or alternatively as The UNHOLY TRINITY.

I think this and the post before it could possibly be the ugliest post I've ever written on NL, or possibly that anyone has ever written. And not only because I was in the wrong about the issue. Even if I was right, it is the manner in which I went about it that makes me so disappointed in myself. This calls for some deep soul searching. It is not only here that I've manifested this kind of style, but it is just a culmination of an approach that has been building up over the last 6 or so months. I've slowly come to relish the yabis exchanges, even as a third party just reading a thread.

But it's good that it's happened cos I now realise that I have some serious self appraisal to do. I would like to extend my unreserved apologies to those mentioned by name, the 'relevant people, Enigma, Olaadegbu, and Davidylan.

I'll be back later with more thoughts. Maybe start another thread on it.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2012
Well, it's all good and life goes on.

To clear one thing up.

There is NO "cabal"; as with almost very other poster, I agree with davidylan and Olaadegbu on some things and disagree with them on others. That's just the way it is.

One thing that I can say for sure that I and davidylan have in common (from reading his posts) is that we detest arrogant sciolism and have little more than contempt for self acclaimed "intellectuals" and "paragons of knowledge" who in fact peddle a lot of rubbish here; some repeat long discredited information ad nauseam. One can give a litany long list of examples: Nicene Council & Trinity, Paul vs Jesus, that book of the Bible was not written by that person, even hoaxes like King Leopold letter & Willie Lynch letter. Yet, they use these rubbish to insult Christians (especially) on the Board. The most idiotic of them have said Jesus was a bastard or was gay and other rubbish.

Well, colour me bad; why would I want to engage in "intellectual discussions" with such people? And of course it is quite easy to show such people up as fools, (yes, fools) when one can be bothered.

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by DeepSight(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2012
Enigma: The most idiotic of them have said Jesus was a bastard

This is what the scriptures themselves say.

Edit: At least he was a would-be bastard but for Joseph's cover-up, no?

O, and i'm not trying to antagonise, or begging you, I am just pointing out. As i recall it, Joseph had to cover it up. According to scripture, Joseph was not Jesus' father.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I think this and the post before it could possibly be the ugliest post I've ever written on NL, or possibly that anyone has ever written. And not only because I was in the wrong about the issue. Even if I was right, it is the manner in which I went about it that makes me so disappointed in myself. This calls for some deep soul searching. It is not only here that I've manifested this kind of style, but it is just a culmination of an approach that has been building up over the last 6 or so months. I've slowly come to relish the yabis exchanges, even as a third party just reading a thread.

But it's good that it's happened cos I now realise that I have some serious self appraisal to do. I would like to extend my unreserved apologies to those mentioned by name, the 'relevant people, Enigma, Olaadegbu, and Davidylan.

Dear friend:
You does not have to apologize.
Are you a person too polite.
They should apologize mindless like Enigma!
Your opinion is very important in every forum topic ...
Reconsider, we need his opinion.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 5:35pm On May 23, 2012
Enigma: Well, it's all good and life goes on.

To clear one thing up.

There is NO "cabal"; as with almost very other poster, I agree with davidylan and Olaadegbu on some things and disagree with them on others. That's just the way it is.

One thing that I can say for sure that I and davidylan have in common (from reading his posts) is that we detest arrogant sciolism and have little more than contempt for self acclaimed "intellectuals" and "paragons of knowledge" who in fact peddle a lot of rubbish here; some repeat long discredited information ad nauseam. One can give a litany long list of examples: Nicene Council & Trinity, Paul vs Jesus, that book of the Bible was not written by that person, even hoaxes like King Leopold letter & Willie Lynch letter. Yet, they use these rubbish to insult Christians (especially) on the Board. The most idiotic of them have said Jesus was a bastard or was gay and other rubbish.

Well, colour me bad; why would I want to engage in "intellectual discussions" with such people? And of course it is quite easy to show such people up as fools, (yes, fools) when one can be bothered.

cool

As in all cases, your opinion does not rise more than one inch of soil.
There is nothing worse than an ignorant arrogant .
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 23, 2012
Ptolomeus:
As in all cases, your opinion does not rise more than one inch of soil.
There is nothing worse than an ignorant arrogant .
Damn..
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 6:32pm On May 23, 2012
musKeeto:
Damn..
Hello dear friend.
As you know, my English is very bad.
Can you be more explicit?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On May 23, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Your apologies are accepted and forgiven but most importantly the forgiveness of God is what we all should ask for.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2012
Deep Sight:

This is what the scriptures themselves say.

Edit: At least he was a would-be bastard but for Joseph's cover-up, no?

O, and i'm not trying to antagonise, or begging you, I am just pointing out. As i recall it, Joseph had to cover it up. According to scripture, Joseph was not Jesus' father.

Jesus said:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do"

The question is, do you know what you are saying at all? because Jesus did not pray for those who sins willfully.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 9:11pm On May 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus said:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do"

The question is, do you know what you are saying at all? because Jesus did not pray for those who sins willfully.
That definitely proves that Obama is Christian.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On May 23, 2012
Ptolomeus:
That definitely proves that Obama is Christian.

You will have to tell me when Obama made that decision to become a Christian. When did he ask for forgiveness of his sins and put his faith in Christ?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You will have to tell me when Obama made that decision to become a Christian. When did he ask for forgiveness of his sins and put his faith in Christ?
Dear friend.
A Christian does not have to ask forgiveness for their sins ... if he considers that there are sins.
Is it a sin to torture in Guantanamo and Iraq? Killing innocent women and children?
Well, you and I say so, but maybe Obama thinks not, and that does no better or worse Christian.
You have a concept of what should be a Christian, and Obama might have another concept.
But if he says he is Christian, but you do not like it, neither you nor I have the right to say otherwise.
Let's look at the absurdity.
If I say I'm gay, what right have you to say that I am not
(He liked the comparison?)
Well, do not be offended ... it was just one example.
I insist. is the most famous Christian ... should be proud to be the same team that Uncle Obama
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On May 23, 2012
This interview with Franklin Graham says all you need to know about Obama's faith.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/aprilweb-only/qa-franklingraham.html
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2012
In that Q & A with Franklin Graham, Billy Graham's son, it was discovered that Obama's claim to Christianity is that he attends church service. The Lord Jesus Christ did not die to make us church goers as we can do that quite well on our own. He died and shed His blood so that our sin could be forgiven and His righteousness imputed and imparted into all who believe and receive Him as their Lord and personal Saviour.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/aprilweb-only/qa-franklingraham.html
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2012
Alan Keyes here lectures Obama on Christianity. I hope discerning Christians will know the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-yUCg0TASc
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2012
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2012
This is what happens to African American candidates who oppose the likes of Obama, the get arrested, barred, frozen out and denied of their constitutional rights by both the Government and the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SehAtMQPNmQ

On March 3, 1996, Alan Keyes was barred from participating in the presidential debate in Atlanta, George--after he was originally invited. Dr. Keyes and supporters had camped out on the grounds of WSB-TV and had been fasting.

Because of his persistence to try to get into the debate, Dr. Keyes was subsequently handcuffed by police and led away.

This infringement of free speech was but one of many times the media elites prevented Dr. Keyes' message from being heard by the people of the United States.

Sign the Pledge for America's Revival at http://www.americasrevival.com/pledge.php
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2012
Separation of Church and State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYr0IKze13s

Alan Keyes explains what the U.S. constitution says on religious liberty, that it says nothing about the Separation of Church and State. He interpretes it that the constitution doesn't give the courts the right to render judgments regarding religious expression.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2012
Dear friend Olaadegbu:
You did not responding.
I understand that you have no arguments to respond, and I do not blame him.
But you are starting from a false premise: that Christians are all honest and good. Not so with the Christians, or any religious group, sports, politics, etc..
You know perfectly well that there are Christian thieves, homosexuals,
corrupt (as in other groups).
You will be upset that Obama, being a murderer, a Catholic, and I understand you.
Obama is a bad Christian but is a Christian, though not like you.
(And do not be offended with me, in any case you should be offended by Christians who accept Obama in the church)
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On May 24, 2012
Ptolomeus: Dear friend Olaadegbu:
You did not responding.
I understand that you have no arguments to respond, and I do not blame him.
But you are starting from a false premise: that Christians are all honest and good. Not so with the Christians, or any religious group, sports, politics, etc..
You know perfectly well that there are Christian thieves, homosexuals,
corrupt (as in other groups).
You will be upset that Obama, being a murderer, a Catholic, and I understand you.
Obama is a bad Christian but is a Christian, though not like you.
(And do not be offended with me, in any case you should be offended by Christians who accept Obama in the church)

I do not expect you to understand what 'am talking about. To know who is not a Christian you have to be one. A thief will discern the pathway of a fellow thief on the rocks. If you want to know who a Christian is, read my reply to Pastor AIO or just follow the reasons given on this thread on why Obama is not a Christian.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I do not expect you to understand what 'am talking about. To know who is not a Christian you have to be one. A thief will discern the pathway of a fellow thief on the rocks. If you want to know who a Christian is, read my reply to Pastor AIO or just follow the reasons given on this thread on why Obama is not a Christian.
That we have been discussing for weeks.
But you do not want to read my posts.
You want all Christians to be good, something like a factory that builds Christians all the same. But it is not.
Obama is a Christian, is defined as a Christian, I accepted in a Christian church ... who think you are saying that it is not?
You do not like what it does Obama, but Obama's pastor is amazed by it!.
You think that those who torture, looting and murder is not a Christian?
As you look at Obama's response.
Obama is Christian.
You do not want to recognize that there are Christian thieves, pedop.hiles, rap.ists, murderers, as in all faiths.
Acept it you! Do not run from this reality! You want to close our eyes to something that absolutely everybody understands.
You are not reasoning, not reading.
If you do not like that Obama is part of the same football team, then you simply change team, because Obama is worshiped by Christians.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On May 24, 2012
Ptolomeus:
That we have been discussing for weeks.
But you do not want to read my posts.
You want all Christians to be good, something like a factory that builds Christians all the same. But it is not.
Obama is a Christian, is defined as a Christian, I accepted in a Christian church ... who think you are saying that it is not?
You do not like what it does Obama, but Obama's pastor is amazed by it!.
You think that those who torture, looting and murder is not a Christian?
As you look at Obama's response.
Obama is Christian.
You do not want to recognize that there are Christian thieves, pedop.hiles, rap.ists, murderers, as in all faiths.
Acept it you! Do not run from this reality! You want to close our eyes to something that absolutely everybody understands.
You are not reasoning, not reading.
If you do not like that Obama is part of the same football team, then you simply change team, because Obama is worshiped by Christians.

You cannot be a Christian by name only. Your confessions has to be backed up by what you do or say. You cannot think crooked and walk straight.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 7:25pm On May 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You cannot be a Christian by name only. Your confessions has to be backed up by what you do or say. You cannot think crooked and walk straight.
Mr. A is a Christian, and believes that se.x is sin.
Mr. B is a Christian, and believed that having se.x is not sin (the Bible does not say that se.x is sin).
, Olaadegbu! then decide who of them is Christian and who is not.
You are very wrong. You do not have authority to define what are the moral standards of Christians. You may not attempt to have more authority than the pastor of the church of Obama.
The rules to be followed by Christians not mark you.
Obama is a Christian, he defines himself as a Christian, and accept it as Christian pastors.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 8:01pm On May 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Separation of Church and State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYr0IKze13s

Alan Keyes explains what the U.S. constitution says on religious liberty, that it says nothing about the Separation of Church and State. He interpretes it that the constitution doesn't give the courts the right to render judgments regarding religious expression.

You do realize that the courts don't render judgement regarding religious expression. If they did, they would have been able to shut down various religions e.g Scientology. What they do is prevent the government from sanctioning religious speech. Do you think the government should be allowed to sanction religious speech?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On May 24, 2012
thehomer:

You do realize that the courts don't render judgement regarding religious expression. If they did, they would have been able to shut down various religions e.g Scientology. What they do is prevent the government from sanctioning religious speech. Do you think the government should be allowed to sanction religious speech?

What do you say about Obama preventing Franklin Graham from making a speech on the National Prayers' Day because of what he sees as violation of political correctness?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Brazil's Satanic Carnival That Mock Jesus And Gods Responds To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.