Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28599 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2012
FACE:

Looks good. Please pardon the slight amendments.

Thanks for the assist, will update the corrections.

achi4u: Thank you Oga PointB and all other contributors who have in one way or the other air out their concrete opinion or suggestion,we are really greatfull.
Let me quickly remind you(the moderators) that most of us the 'floor members' are a bit disconnected to some extend,thats why only few people are here contributing.We need to make our case simple and easier for a common man to comprehend.
Please,anybody can still enlighten me more on the issue of membership;...where my type can fall to.

Thanks to everyone.

Thank you my brother. Well basically, we are all online members at the moment. Moreover, since we are still at formation stage suggestions from you on how you prefer membership be classified will be welcome.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
PointB: Conference members, ladies and gentlemen,
Below is the excerpt of what we have done so far (with little fleshing). Kindly review and comment before we move on to the next stage.
My apologies for the delay.

Thank you.

4.0 Article 4: Memberships, Responsibility Termination of Membership

The movement seeks primarily to effect positive developmental changes in Eastern Nigeria, through grassroots mobilization. Consequently, the membership of the movement shall be drawn with prejudice to this objective.

Memberships of this organization shall be grouped into:

4.0.1 Online Membership

Online members refer to members of the online community ENYI has a presence.

i. Online membership shall be opened to all who are able to contribute to a deliberation or vote, to the extent allowed by the technology of choice.

ii. Subject to the recognition accorded an online member, his/her opinions/suggestions may count or be discounted

iii. An online member nomination during electioneering process shall be subject to the rules stipulated by the electoral commission/organizers, subject to the constitution.

iv. Online members may also double also as offline members

4.0.2 Offline Membership

To drive ENYI’s vision, aims and objective, a massive offline movement shall be initiated. The offline ENYI membership shall be stratified into the following

i. Founding Membership: This shall include the first Eze and his council. The Founding members will have voting privileges and their votes will be weighted equally to that of votes from individual members. The first Eze shall have a right to his natural vote in addition to a swing/deciding vote entitlement/privilege; however, he cannot use such vote to bring any voting process to a tie/stalemate.

ii. Individual Membership – Individuals membership shall be drawn from the nationalities that make up Eastern Nigeria, Anioma, and other Igbo communities. Individual members shall have voting privileges, and shall abide by every other aspect of the constitution.

iii. Affiliate Membership - Affiliate Membership shall be opened to all friends/allies of ENYI and its cause. They will include non-Easterners, who are invited or convey interest in ENYI, as well as other Easterners, such as students, members of other organizations, or those who can't or do not wish to make payments yet. The Affiliate Member will not be required to pay fees or voting privileges as an affiliate.

4.0.3 Responsibility of Members

Members are encouraged to imbibe ENYI ideals including but not limited to:

i. Actively canvassing for economic development, and political advance of the Eastern Nigeria, and Igbo speaking areas of Nigeria

ii. Actively and personally engaged in developmental activities in Eastern Nigeria like centering business (SMEs, etc), physical building, etc in Eastern Nigeria

iii. Advocate hard-work, dignity, while eschewing crimes, violence and other misconduct

4.0.4 Termination of Membership

Application/invitation to join the movement shall be ratified by the council within a probation period of three month. An individual shall cease to be a member if:

i. His/her membership is not ratified

ii. The individual becomes deceased

iii. The individual membership is terminated by the council on the basis of action antithetic to the ideals of ANYI

iv. If the individual is terminated after been determined to have fraudulently gained ENYI’s memberships and his /her activities might jeopardize ENYI’s objectives.

v. Membership is terminated for not meeting up with other obligations as spelled out by the constitution

5.0 Article 5: Committees and responsibilities

ENYI shall have standing committees as listed below, and from time to time set-up ad-hoc committees as exigencies may dictate.

i. Networking: This Committee shall be responsible for developing connections to every necessary person, groups, agencies and bodies.

ii. Lobby: This Committee shall be responsible for using the connections raised by the networking committee to mount effective lobbying campaigns.

iii. Politicking: This Committee shall be responsible for using various lobbying strategies to sway the political direction and maturity (grassroots awareness) of the East.

iv. Development Planning: This Committee shall be responsible for formulating development strategies and forming actionable plans for development (physical and economic) for the East

v. Audit Committee: This Committee shall be responsible for reconciling the financial transaction and other financial undertaking of ENYI.

6.0.0 Meetings And Quorum

6.0.1 ENYI shall have separate Annual General Meeting for both the Online and Offline Members toreview her activity. Notice of the AGM shall be sent well in advance of the date of the meeting. In addition to the AGM, the ENYI council, and patrons must meet at least monthly (online or offline) to facilitate the pursuit ENYI aims and objectives.

6.0.3 And emergency cabinet or AGM might also be called by the cabinet as exigency demands

6.0.2 QUOROM

i. Where notice of meeting is sent at least a month before the scheduled date, a quorum of shall be formed when 65% of concerned members are present. This is to prevent dormant members holding the organization hostage.

ii. In case of emergency meeting 51% percent attendance of members shall constitute a quorum

Looks great. It did reflect what we've done so far. This is just a stepping stone, a rough diamond, and we shall keep polishing it to meet the challanges of the day. Good job PointB. Brothers I think we've accomplished our goals and its time for EZE to think of ending the process so as to allow ENYI take off. God bless.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Looks great. It did reflect what we've done so far. This is just a stepping stone, a rough diamond, and we shall keep polishing it to meet the challanges of the day. Good job PointB. Brothers I think we've accomplished our goals and its time for EZE to think of ending the process so as to allow ENYI take off. God bless.

Thanks Sam.

We are almost done, but not quite. A lot of polishing will definitely have to be done on the sketch we have now. Until then, let us race through the other remaining items viz

Article 7: Terms of Office and Elections, Removal from office
Article 8: Hand-Over Process and Continuity
Article 9: Finance ?
Article 10: Amendment of Constitution
Article 11: Dissolution of the movement

Article 7 and 9 are quite important. Article 8, 10 and 11 may not require serious deliberation.
We should round up the debate by the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. Now guys, let's finish this!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:38am On Jul 14, 2012
My brothers, thanks for all your focus and commitment. We are almost nearing the end of this process. I am very proud of us all. cool

Moderator PointB, thanks for a great job collating and streamlining the whole document so far. You did it excellently.
Yes I agree that Articles 7 and 9 are very crucial. I really would like our people here to say what they wish to happen with terms of office and removal from office. When we start paying, of course all paid members will decide how their money should be spent. So brothers, please say how you want tenures of officials to run, else we the cabinet members may have to draw up what we think is the best, and you may or may not like it.
So, let's hear your opinions now. I personally would prefer that the whole process ends before the end of next week (Weekend of July 20).

I will be back to comment more. Still doing some reading for now.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Moderator PointB

I move that we deal with Article 7 -Terms of Office, Elections and Removal from office in the council. I don't think anyone would object to what we decide afterall we are not paying yet. IMHO, this section will be reasonably expected to come alive if folks start paying.
Ihe ruo na ego, onye obula eteta n'ura! hehe. grin
For now, the council will have to make the call. cool
So, in essence, both Article 7 & 9 may need to be handled simultaneously. I am open to any contrary view.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 4:00am On Jul 15, 2012
I suggest we consider adopting one year as a full term for the office of our Eze with 4 terms as the constitutional limit for re-election. And for handover process, I think one of our brothers previously wrote that we elect a new Eze two months before the end of outgoing Eze's term - for continuity and smooth transfer of responsibilities, I believe its important that we choose that model.

For dissolution of ENYI, maybe we should let the imeobi decide that in council meetings, not everything should be out in the open for now. And for articles 7 and 9, I second Onlytruth's prayer to have them deliberated on in the council.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by remarkD(m): 4:17am On Jul 15, 2012
If a third person is needed to "second" the notion, then i vote in favor of the notion to have the council determine sections 7 & 9, but with one thing to add...lmajority of members will have to review or agree before what the council suggests is approved. Power belongs to the people! (Uhh that doesn't sit well in my ears in this context... so power belongs to ENYI!)
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
remark D: If a third person is needed to "second" the notion, then i vote in favor of the notion to have the council determine sections 7 & 9, but with one thing to add...majority of members will have to review or agree before what the council suggests is approved. Power belongs to the people! (Uhh that doesn't sit well in my ears in this context... so power belongs to ENYI!)

I agree with the bolded. A simple majority would suffice though. Democracy is the bedrock of Igbo culture and we should encourage that culture in the whole East and in Nigeria.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: I suggest we consider adopting one year as a full term for the office of our Eze with 4 terms as the constitutional limit for re-election. And for handover process, I think one of our brothers previously wrote that we elect a new Eze two months before the end of outgoing Eze's term - for continuity and smooth transfer of responsibilities, I believe its important that we choose that model.

For dissolution of ENYI, maybe we should let the imeobi decide that in council meetings, not everything should be out in the open for now. And for articles 7 and 9, I second Onlytruth's prayer to have them deliberated on in the council.

@First bolded, I totally agree my brother. One year is enough for any Eze that wants to make an impact here on Nairaland. Another issue is beginning to arise though, and that issue is the "defined" and "complete" role of the Eze Ndigbo Nairaland in ENYI as a movement. In the interim, he doubles as the figure head of ENYI for now, but let us bear in mind that ENYI is not the same as Ndigbo Nairaland. ENYI is far bigger and wider: ENYI is being created by Ndigbo Nairaland of course, but when we start operations offline, ENYI then assumes a far bigger and wider role. So Eze Ndigbo Nairaland may not have enough time to run ENYI and still comment here on a regular basis. So, when we get to the stage of constitutional "reconciliation" (if you like), then we the council members will have to deal with this issue in-house, and then present it to our people here. If they don't like it, they can defeat it by calling for a simple vote.
Umunna, I hope I'm not going completely off course with this thought.

@Second bolded, yes I completely recall our agreement on that. It is a settled issue.

@Third bolded, I second it completely. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 6:14am On Jul 16, 2012
[size=14pt]EASTERN NIGERIA YOUTH INITIATIVE - ENYI[/size]

Reclaiming the future!

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 6:18am On Jul 16, 2012
Let's complete the discussion on the constitution and then retire to the process of rationalization and reconciliation. After that we shall present the finished document here.
BTW our logo is still up for finishing.
We are almost done. Let's get it done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen.

In the absence of further contributions, I would like to assume that the general feeling is that the council should conclude the remaining articles of the constitution in the council chamber, and subsequently present it for adoption.

On that note I'd like to thank you all for your wonderful contributions to the debates. Your opinions and suggestions helped in shaping the draft as reflected.

Thank you all once again.

This Constitutional Conference is now formally over.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
WELL DONE MY DEAR UMUNNA & UMUNNE, MAY THE ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO PLANT POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR GOOD OF ALL IN YOU. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU,FOR EVERY EFFORT WHICH PUT INTO THIS. THANK YOU ALL!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 6:03am On Jul 18, 2012
My dear brothers and sisters,

I wish to extend my heartfelt thanks to all for your opinions and contributions to this constitution making process. I write because I just received a copy of the finished work from our Moderator PointB, and I say confidently that it is a SUPERB document. It is lean and "mean", but agile and gallant.
It would lay a SOLID foundation for a movement that will change Eastern Nigeria, and Nigeria as a whole. The principles which come together to inspire the true intents of the constitution has not been seen in Nigeria since the 60s. Things worked in Nigeria until January 1966 when all things fell apart.
What we want to do is to amend mistakes and tow different paths as we navigate a future for ourselves and future generation of Easterners and Nigerians.
As I stated earlier in this process, this effort will be slow but steady; forward ever, backward NEVER.
While reviewing the document, I suddenly realized that the whole idea can be stolen in its entirety by charlatans and fakes, so I will advise my council members that we should keep some of our visions in close chest.

Council members are please advised to read the document and let's decide the next course of things.
Thanks to all who gave this exercise a fair chance!
God bless,

Yours truly
Onlytruth, ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
Brothers you all did great. From our Eze, and PointB, our most adept organizer, to the last contributor - I say a very big thanks to all. Let us all (those who contributed and those who watched and read from the sidelines) remember that we were there when ENYI was founded and join hands to make it great. Lets be proud that we're part of a movement thats set to learn from the good and bad of the old in a bid to shape the new. Brothers, I'm humbled by your maturity and wisdom, I've always known 0000 to 1970 was not our last shining era.

Umunna m, anyi ahula ochichiri kariri ochichiri, ihe anyi no n'oge ya ugbua bu ihe. Ekperem bu ka onye obula jiko aka onu ka anyi nweta ihe n'alaigbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ndi Igbo,

Kedu ka unu melu?
Asim ka m nwelu nwayo guo ife nine unu delu. Oganiru anyi na ewetelu onwe anya di nma. Ka anyi gbagide aka mee ife nine gbasalu konstitushonu anyi a nihi olu nnukwu di anyi na iru.

Odumchi anotago.
Obasi di n'elu chebe unu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
We have now laid the brickwork for our work. I would like to personally thank all of those who have participated.

May we now find the courage to apply all that has been written on paper into our actions.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
ChinenyeN:
Why did you call it "Nigeria Kwenu"?
What should i have called it? or what is wrong with that name?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ChinenyeN(m): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
I don't have any preferences. I'm simply curious to know why you decided to name it that.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ChinenyeN(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Oh okay. Basically an issue of domain registration.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Everyone disappeared?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
ogugua88: Everyone disappeared?

The constitution is being finalised as per:

PointB: Ladies and gentlemen.

In the absence of further contributions, I would like to assume that the general feeling is that the council should conclude the remaining articles of the constitution in the council chamber, and subsequently present it for adoption.

On that note I'd like to thank you all for your wonderful contributions to the debates. Your opinions and suggestions helped in shaping the draft as reflected.

Thank you all once again.

This Constitutional Conference is now formally over.

From this point on, we will no longer discuss our affairs in public and our activities here will be limited while disemination of information here will be based on a need to know/tell. Once finalised, members will be notified via the news letter.

Thanks to all our members and well wishers who contributed to the conference.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by pazienza(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Can't believe i missed it all. Umunnaa,unu melu ofuma,ENYI is a nice intiative.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by patrick89(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
My good people of umuigbo, I greet u all, there is something that we should push forward, now that it is early, 2012/013 jamb statistics show that the number of umuigbo goin to higher institution is on d increase, with little number of institution in igboland to accomodate d teemin youth, and we need to encourage our pple living outside the igboland to come and have their higher education here in d east, that alone will channel a lot of roads to them, like intermarriage between the igbos, getting to knw their culture, language and ther root better, but then I have noticed a delibrate act from nuc to hamper these progress, it is pathetic to have 82000 number of igbo youths that soughted for a particular institution(unizik) but at d end of d day, a only not more than 4000 will be admitted, whereas unilag has a whoopin number of 10000 and other institutes that even ranked below in terms of most soughted, a lot has been said on this issue but I will like this able house to also put there head together and sort this things out! A lot of them are now frustrated, after scorin a very high score, but due to the competition, he/she wouldn't get admitted,
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by patrick89(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
I will share some other things that I have noticed that is sooo worrisome!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by macjive01: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
ANYWAY, WE ARE MOVING- TO FACEBOOK -UNDER OHANEZE NDIGBO FORUM -TO GIVE MORE PEOPLE CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR DISCUSSIONS

http://www.facebook.com/Ohaneze.Ndigbo.Forum/app_197804576921355

PLEASE ADD US ON FACE BOOK AND INVITE ALL UR IGBO FRIENDS
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Umu Igbo, ekeneem unu nine na nbo unu na agba nijikota anyi ncha onu ma wetakwa ndozi na nmepe obodo anyi. Oge mu na nl pelu npe maka na ejim ife na aka kita. Nwa Anaedo ekeneem gi ma na ayo olisa ka onye gi amamife ma gbakwaa gi ume.

Nri Priest.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 3:23am On Jul 30, 2012
macjive01: ANYWAY, WE ARE MOVING- TO FACEBOOK -UNDER OHANEZE NDIGBO FORUM -TO GIVE MORE PEOPLE CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR DISCUSSIONS

http://www.facebook.com/Ohaneze.Ndigbo.Forum/app_197804576921355

PLEASE ADD US ON FACE BOOK AND INVITE ALL UR IGBO FRIENDS

Bros I wanted to send you an email but I couldn't. The Nairaland platform doesn't allow respose to personal email (abi na "poke"wink; so please you can reach me directly at ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com

Dalu nwanne.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 3:28am On Jul 30, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: Umu Igbo, ekeneem unu nine na nbo unu na agba nijikota anyi ncha onu ma wetakwa ndozi na nmepe obodo anyi. Oge mu na nl pelu npe maka na ejim ife na aka kita. Nwa Anaedo ekeneem gi ma na ayo olisa ka onye gi amamife ma gbakwaa gi ume.

Nri Priest.

Dalu ezenmuo Igbo.

Ekpele unu na ekpelu anyi ka anyi ji eje. Anyi ya emeriri ka ani Igbo di mma.
Nwayo nwayo ka eji alacha ofe di oku. cool
Our impact is already being felt in Igbo opinion formation worldwide. A period of political and societal enlightenment is gradually being ushered into Eastern affairs.
We shall get there site na ike nke chineke. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Nigeria_bound ISIS Chief Coming On Invitation. Daily Trust / 2019: Kano People Are In My Pocket - Buhari Boasts / Amina Mohammed And Her "Social Media Team". What's Wrong With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.