Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28629 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
Beneli, thanks for putting some flesh on your proposal;

Ogugua, thanks for the modification

@Face and Eze, don't know what we could do without your inputs. You both are amazing. Thank you.

@Ebere, pls can you tell us what you think. Every opinion matters here as were are trying to get the basics right. No man is an island of knowledge. Let's hear from you.

@all,
Thanks all so far.
Please let's not relent in the effort. Let's exhaust all angle and possibilities to arrive at our planned destination. It's easy to relent and much more difficult to keep focus.

The task at hand is one that must be done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 12:46am On Jul 09, 2012
I'm very proud of you all my brothers and sisters. All your comments are very inspiring and apt. I've been very busy but I promise I will comment again within the next 12 hours.
Jisie nu ike!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by macjive01: 2:07am On Jul 09, 2012
SO much to igboness -- i believe there is a forum specifically name IGBOLAND FORUM -

why wouldnt we discuss igbo affairs there and concertrate on Nigerian affairs here.

RE: Eze ndi igbo i hereby move a motion to have this parliament relocate to igboland forum.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by OneNaira6: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2012
So far, I'm enjoying everything else written on this thread, great job PointB and other therefore I would like to pledge my support to the movement. After reading the disagreement of the naming, the only person I agreed with the most (afam4eva) was shut down and everybody voted against his opinion, I lost interest in the whole charade going on. Though I believe the name should follow Afam4eva and metalgoog suggestion, I guess it just best to accept what's giving.

Anyway, I'm still lost on how far of a scope this movement would reach; is it something that would impact just Igbo people of no connection to the government or is it a movement meant to provide suggestions to the movement of Igbo land, a movement that is equivalent to ohaneze. If it is later, I propose a suggestion that I've been thinking about for a very long time. It is actually in different to the movement therefore I do apologize for going ahead, I understand you are still trying to lay rules of the movement thus still in the beginning but I do want to say this before I completely forget to inform others like I usually do. I believe leaders from Igbo land should be allowed to lead any state in Igbo land despite not being from that area meaning someone from Anambra can rule Enugu, someone from Imo can rule Anambra, etc. etc. without persecution from indigenous nor politicians from those states. Let me just give my explanation for this suggestion well we continue to get ignorant, lazy, good for nothing leaders ruling each state in Igbo land all because it is there state of origin while great leaders like Soludo, Pat utomi, etc. that have the ability to impact Igbo land greatly are kept out all because they lost the governorship of their actual state of origin. Instead of clamoring for regionalism, why can't we just bring regionalism to Igbo land even if other parts of Nigeria are not doing so?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by OneNaira6: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2012
macjive01: SO much to igboness -- i believe there is a forum specifically name IGBOLAND FORUM -

why wouldnt we discuss igbo affairs there and concertrate on Nigerian affairs here.

RE: Eze ndi igbo i hereby move a motion to have this parliament relocate to igboland forum.

Thank you.

supported.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2012
One_Naira, thanks for your input. Your suggestion is noted, and I believe it should be discussed on it's merit. Whatever is decided will be updated at the appropriate article/section of the constitution.

@ all,
Let's keep this thread alive. Let's hear more opinion on membership, especially online membership. How can ensure online members are not 'disenfranchise', and how can ENYI guard against online members manipulation?

It's tricky, but fundamentally important.

Let's put on our thinking caps.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
PointB: One_Naira, thanks for your input. Your suggestion is noted, and I believe it should be discussed on it's merit. Whatever is decided will be updated at the appropriate article/section of the constitution.

@ all,
Let's keep this thread alive. Let's hear more opinion on membership, especially online membership. How can ensure online members are not 'disenfranchise', and how can ENYI guard against online members manipulation?

It's tricky, but fundamentally important.

Let's put on our thinking caps.

Thank you again our able moderator PointB!
The simple answer to the bolded question is that we can't; not at the early stages. Let the corn and the weed grow together at first. We shall later get to the stage of membership ratification when we must have gathered speed.
Everything we are doing at this stage is just "make shift". Of course we shall have a GOOD website and other little apps crawling on it to purify registration process.

Umunna, we may have to move onto the next Section of this exercise. I believe we've gathered enough opinion for this Section. When we draft it proper, we shall cover all desires and then make a provision for future amendments.

Thanks for your hardwork and stewardship PointB.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thank you again our able moderator PointB!
The simple answer to the bolded question is that we can't; not at the early stages. Let the corn and the weed grow together at first. We shall later get to the stage of membership ratification when we must have gathered speed.
Everything we are doing at this stage is just "make shift". Of course we shall have a GOOD website and other little apps crawling on it to purify registration process.

Umunna, we may have to move onto the next Section of this exercise. I believe we've gathered enough opinion for this Section. When we draft it proper, we shall cover all desires and then make a provision for future amendments.

Thanks for your hardwork and stewardship PointB.

Thank you too Onlytruth, and thank you all

I also believe a lot has been said about membership and eligibility. Effort will be made soon to organise the opinions and suggestions into the appropriate segment of the constitution.

So moving on, we shall look at

Article 5: Officers, Cabinet Members, Committees and responsibilities

Pls note that Committees was not in the initial proposal. However, exigency demands that standing committees should exist in the constitution, even if ad-hoc ones can later be establish.

Ladies and gentlemen, let deal with:

The floor is open...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
Umunna, I apologize for "my missing in action." Igbo, ihe ka nte bia kwutere nte n'onu = emergency.

Considering my short absence, I consider it rude to bring back issues that have been painstakinly dealt with. However, the only area I feel we should, at the end of this process, remember to apply our wisdom in disecting in unambiguous terms is Article 2, section 2.2.3: It states, "Aims and Objectives - To make endorsements depending on the political paradigm of the day while retaining our neutrality, non-affiliation and our principle of bringing pressure on misguided political decisions or political office holders." My opinion is that this section is a bit vague, and considering the unpredictable fluid political landscape of Nigeria, ENYI is that last group that would want its body sucked into dangerous partisan politics. My thinking is that in the end we must agree on how much majority/vote we need to say - we support party A on this issue or party B on the other. If we leave this section of the constitution to "common sense" then we're on our way to becoming an appendage of a political party of Eze's choosing. My brothers and sisters, we dont have to go back to this issue now but lets keep it on our minds that we will eventually need to iron it out later (constitutional amendment).

In response to a brother that said we sould move to Igbolandforum, I think its important we have some solid presence there, but should not to rush out of NL immediately considering that we're still online based. For now we'll need all the media exposure we can get, and as we inch forward chances are that we'll likely attract wise heads and like minds from the East who are dying to contribute and reclaim the future.

Before I foreget, its very important we give this group some kind of legitimacy in the eyes of our people by not being "just a group that's offering to bring change and hope" but by being a group that's willing to help out physically at the approriate time (when we move offline). Umunna, we will need to add to our "Aims and Objectives" what we're willing to do in physical terms (eg - financial aid to brilliant students) at the "appointed time." If Igbos consider you legitimate, they'll follow you through thick and thin.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
My brothers and sisters,

I want to address those who think that we should move to Igboland Forum.
With all due respect and consideration, I think they have either not followed deliberation on this thread up to this stage and simply jumped in, or that they want to surreptitiously derail our mission. Our focus is not only on Igboland, but our entire Eastern neighborhood. I feel like I have to restate it so that those who don't believe in our direction can leave us to continue in the direction we want to move.
This movement is not aiming for secession from Nigeria. On the contrary it is aiming to sustain Eastern Nigeria within the Nigerian nation. We are planning how to survive and thrive IN IT.
Past FACTS and current events in Nigeria prove that there is Eastern Nigeria. Only folks bold enough accept this truth. This is why I emphasize that the size of membership is not really important at this stage. We are developing an idea, and only those who share in that idea would naturally join. We don't want to become another Igbo group out there. We want to learn from the past, fix what is broken (not throw away the baby with the bath water) and design a future that is REALISTIC within the Nigerian nation.

So, please let's think along this line. This mission is not for the faint folks with fragile ego and light heads. It is meant for those with resolute determination to solve a problem that everybody acknowledges that it exist, but none is willing to address.

Thank you all. cool

@Bro Sam_Ikenna, it is well my brother. Nothing is really chiseled in stone yet. At the end of the day, we shall produce a document that reflect the core vision and mission of this movement. I personally believe that Section 2.2.3 is okay. It is broad and fluid. Don't worry, we shall never elect an Eze that would abuse ANY section of this constitution. I am confident of that.

Let's continue with the next sections as recommended by the moderator.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2012
Onlytruth: My brothers and sisters,

I want to address those who think that we should move to Igboland Forum.
With all due respect and consideration, I think they have either not followed deliberation on this thread up to this stage and simply jumped in, or that they want to surreptitiously derail our mission. Our focus is not only on Igboland, but our entire Eastern neighborhood. I feel like I have to restate it so that those who don't believe in our direction can leave us to continue in the direction we want to move.
This movement is not aiming for secession from Nigeria. On the contrary it is aiming to sustain Eastern Nigeria within the Nigerian nation. We are planning how to survive and thrive IN IT.
Past FACTS and current events in Nigeria prove that there is Eastern Nigeria. Only folks bold enough accept this truth. This is why I emphasize that the size of membership is not really important at this stage. We are developing an idea, and only those who share in that idea would naturally join. We don't want to become another Igbo group out there. We want to learn from the past, fix what is broken (not throw away the baby with the bath water) and design a future that is REALISTIC within the Nigerian nation.

So, please let's think along this line. This mission is not for the faint folks with fragile ego and light heads. It is meant for those with resolute determination to solve a problem that everybody acknowledges that it exist, but none is willing to address.

Thank you all. cool

@Bro Sam_Ikenna, it is well my brother. Nothing is really chiseled in stone yet. At the end of the day, we shall produce a document that reflect the core vision and mission of this movement. I personally believe that Section 2.2.3 is okay. It is broad and fluid. Don't worry, we shall never elect an Eze that would abuse ANY section of this constitution. I am confident of that.

Eze, thanks for the clarification.

I would also like to assure our brother Sam_ikenna that the merit in his argument will not be overlooked. As the constitution is still in the drafting stage, such matter can always be revisited to ensure that grey areas are addressed and loopholes plugged. While we don't intend to have an Eze that will abuse the constitution, ensuring a solid constitution could also act as a fail-safe mechanism. So while we trudge ahead in the next section, I want us all to [size=13pt]please note [/size] that what we have done so far is not sacrosanct, and will be subject to the ratification of the cabinet after thorough analysis.

So pls let's move on to

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
Onlytruth: My brothers and sisters,

PointB:

Eze, thanks for the clarification.

I would also like to assure our brother Sam_ikenna that the merit in his argument will not be overlooked. As the constitution is still in the drafting stage, such matter can always be revisited to ensure that grey areas are addressed and loopholes plugged. While we don't intend to have an Eze that will abuse the constitution, ensuring a solid constitution could also act as a fail-safe mechanism. So while we trudge ahead in the next section, I want us all to [size=13pt]please note [/size] that what we have done so far is not sacrosanct, and will be subject to the ratification of the cabinet after thorough analysis.

Onlytruth, I know the kind of Eze you're. I believe you wont go down that lane, but no one knows the kind of incoming Eze fate 'll bestow on us thats why we must plug that hole during amendment/ratification.

pointB, point noted.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 3:13am On Jul 10, 2012
Thank you bro Sam_Ikenna and PointB,
Now, moving on to the next Article, I could not help feeling that it may not be very wise to discuss EVERY function of the committees. We can probably state their names and some of their functions, but not the strategies to be deployed.
We should brainstorm of course in the council meetings. We are only guarding against theft of ideas from us here.

So, here I go:

Article 5: [/b]Officers, Cabinet Members, [b]Committees and responsibilities

Networking: [/b]Developing connections to every necessary person, groups, agencies and bodies.

[b]Lobby:
Using the connections raised by the networking committee to mount effective lobbying campaigns.

Politicking: Using various lobbying strategies to sway the political direction and maturity (grassroots awareness) of the East.

Development Planning: Formulating development strategies and forming actionable plans for development (physical and economic) for the East.

The HOWs should not be for public consumption here. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 3:13am On Jul 10, 2012
Well done umunna and keep it going we shall get there, i will like to ask what sort of relationship are we supose to be having with the RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS in Igboland,and what are the responsibilties that can be given to them in general? Why i choosed to bring them in my comment is that we are all aware that some of them are very very loaded, and i doubt if they are really phisically giving back to the communties enough? Pease umunna, i really believe that religion in Igboland should be seeing doing more for the very poor in the society, either by carrying out certain projects and maintaining the projects to benefit the communities or by contributing 40-60 % of the projects it could be anything as long as it benefits the communities. Since the land is blessed with enough large and different churches/denominations, they should collectively work as a team on any project. Please i'm not trying to go hard on religion but because i know that collectively they can take on any project and get it done and wont have any dificulty, they should contribute afterall every little helps. Thank you umunna.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 3:21am On Jul 10, 2012
noiseless: Well done umunna and keep it going we shall get there, i will like to ask what sort of relationship are we supose to be having with the RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS in Igboland,and what are the responsibilties that can be given to them in general? Why i choosed to bring them in my comment is that we are all aware that some of them are very very loaded, and i doubt if they are really phisically giving back to the communties enough? Pease umunna, i really believe that religion in Igboland should be seeing doing more for the very poor in the society, either by carrying out certain projects and maintaining the projects to benefit the communities or by contributing 40-60 % of the projects it could be anything as long as it benefits the communities. Since the land is blessed with enough large and different churches/denominations, they should collectively work as a team on any project. Please i'm not trying to go hard on religion but because i know that collectively they can take on any project and get it done and wont have any dificulty, they should contribute afterall every little helps. Thank you umunna.

My brother, your idea is one of the strategies we are looking at. Churches are powerful instruments of positive change, so we would be naive not to use them to effect change. In fact I personally believe that churches have HUGE roles to play in reclaiming the future for our peoples. So, thank you for your opinion. Please remain faithful and committed to our course and cause because we need passionate people like yourself, not those seeking self aggrandizement. Thanks!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by remarkD(m): 4:41am On Jul 10, 2012
There are some things that requires maturity to do...they seem easy and simple, but due to the ego and pride of men, especially in our culture, saying 'sorry' or admitting to be wrong (talkless of apologising), accomodating opposite views from our own and what you had just expressed happened earlier - losing interest when what you agreed with wasn't voted through - are all very, very difficult for some to do; and believe it or not, that is part of the reason wars are fought, people refuse to give up power (even unto death - Gadafi and Saddam and even the Syrian president are examples) and progress is hindered.
In my undergraduate years, I ran for a post in the Finance club and I didn't get nominated by the exec, so I decided I wouldnt be part of the club at all.Its childish i realized later on, and as part of my own personal growth and developmet, I have taken steps, its not easy, hard steps to swallow my pride when need be, apologise when I need to, even when i feeel i shouldnt, but deem it necessary, this was to my brother whom I argue alot with, he is older and I always question what he does etc, when he pointed out what i did that made him feel hurt, i started arguing, or at least explained myself to him, and at the end, said I was sorry. he was speechless... Obama did the same thing during a debate with Mikane when Mikane said something and was expecting Obama to argue, and Obama said "You know what? you are right, i agree with you, i didnt see it that way... " and Mikane started stuttering and got off the mic..

Holey sorry if i am derailing the thread on a long sermon, the point i am trying to make is that ... if you feel your way is the best for the group, and others don't see it that way, try and take a step back, and slide into the "shoes" others have chosen, and for the sake of unity and progress, go ahead with the majority. Unless it is too much, i understad it can be, ubt you could still be an agent of change from within...

Okay, I'm done.

Ka Chineke gozie anyi n'aha Jisus, Amen

[url][/url] [url][/url]ad [url][/url]
One_Naira: So far, I'm enjoying everything else written on this thread, great job PointB and other therefore I would like to pledge my support to the movement. After reading the disagreement of the naming, the only person I agreed with the most (afam4eva) was shut down and everybody voted against his opinion, I lost interest in the whole charade going on. Though I believe the name should follow Afam4eva and metalgoog suggestion, I guess it just best to accept what's giving.

Anyway, I'm still lost on how far of a scope this movement would reach; is it something that would impact just Igbo people of no connection to the government or is it a movement meant to provide suggestions to the movement of Igbo land, a movement that is equivalent to ohaneze. If it is later, I propose a suggestion that I've been thinking about for a very long time. It is actually in different to the movement therefore I do apologize for going ahead, I understand you are still trying to lay rules of the movement thus still in the beginning but I do want to say this before I completely forget to inform others like I usually do. I believe leaders from Igbo land should be allowed to lead any state in Igbo land despite not being from that area meaning someone from Anambra can rule Enugu, someone from Imo can rule Anambra, etc. etc. without persecution from indigenous nor politicians from those states. Let me just give my explanation for this suggestion well we continue to get ignorant, lazy, good for nothing leaders ruling each state in Igbo land all because it is there state of origin while great leaders like Soludo, Pat utomi, etc. that have the ability to impact Igbo land greatly are kept out all because they lost the governorship of their actual state of origin. Instead of clamoring for regionalism, why can't we just bring regionalism to Igbo land even if other parts of Nigeria are not doing so?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
Thanks for your comments on this section all of you.

But it is still necessary to suggest committees and the possible roles. Besides, we still have to discuss Officer and Cabinet Members.
Do the Patrons suffice as cabinet members, or do we still need officers, and in what capacity, and responsibility. Let's get this process inching forward. We are getting closer to the end of the conference, but more still needs to be done.

Let's continue the debate...

More to come. . .
Article 6: Meetings and Quorom
Article 7: Terms of Office and Elections, Removal from office
Article 8: Hand-Over Process and Continuity
Article 9: Finance ?
Article 10: Amendment of Constitution
Article 12: Dissolution
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
PointB: Thanks for your comments on this section all of you.

But it is still necessary to suggest committees and the possible roles. Besides, we still have to discuss Officer and Cabinet Members.
Do the Patrons suffice as cabinet members, or do we still need officers, and in what capacity, and responsibility. Let's get this process inching forward. We are getting closer to the end of the conference, but more still needs to be done.

Let's continue the debate...

In my opinion, the officers should comprise of the Eze,patrons (Founding members ?) and the cabinet. Whilst the patrons are selected via the process proposed or a modification of it,the cabinet should comprise of the people the Eze has chosen to work with and may be drawn from other members or patrons. Overwhelming members objection (simple majority vote) to the cabinet member selection should nullify such selection.

The officers will set and direct the agenda of the organisation as ratified by other members. The need for ratification will be determined by formal member complaint backed by the support of not less than 25% of registered members.

The officers will create and enpower the committees to be set up and committee members may include other members. The committe level is where the different strengths and skills of members are utilised and is fully inclusive with regards to membership.

The members will expect the officers to achieve results as per the set objectives and mission statement. Updates will be given via news letters.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Meetings and Quorum.

I suggest that meetings should be held by leadership once every month with one month advance notice and new dates agreed at meetings. We need full commitment at the moment; therefore a quorum of 75% is needed.

Minutes of meetings held by leadership should be produced and forwarded to members via newsletter.

Observations by members regarding the minutes or new ideas should be raised by members and forwarded to the leaders either by open publication via news letter or sent to any officer and copied to the Eze. Such suggestion or observation will be discussed under matters arising, which will be a permanent feature on the group meeting agenda.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:23am On Jul 11, 2012
FACE:

In my opinion, the officers should comprise of the Eze,patrons (Founding members ?) and the cabinet. Whilst the patrons are selected via the process proposed or a modification of it,the cabinet should comprise of the people the Eze has chosen to work with and may be drawn from other members or patrons. Overwhelming members objection (simple majority vote) to the cabinet member selection should nullify such selection.

The officers will set and direct the agenda of the organisation as ratified by other members. [/b]The need for ratification will be determined by formal member complaint backed by the support of not less than 25% of registered members.

[b]The officers will create and enpower the committees to be set up and committee members may include other members. [/b]The committe level is where the different strengths and skills of members are utilised and is fully inclusive with regards to membership.

[b]The members will expect the officers to achieve results as per the set objectives and mission statement. Updates will be given via news letters.

I totally agree with all the bolded. The truth is that this constitution is a founding ad hoc constitution upon which many modifications will be imposed when the organization gets to full steam. What is important is the sustenance of the vision and vigor of the movement. As is evident, current cabinet members have shown all the required attributes of leadership; so we shall constitute founding officers of the movement. When we get to Article 6 which deals with terms of office, we shall set out ways by which we replenish the cabinet.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:26am On Jul 11, 2012
FACE: Meetings and Quorum.

I suggest that meetings should be held by leadership once every month with one month advance notice and new dates agreed at meetings. We need full commitment at the moment; therefore a quorum of 75% is needed.

Minutes of meetings held by leadership should be produced and forwarded to members via newsletter.

Observations by members regarding the minutes or new ideas should be raised by members and forwarded to the leaders either by open publication via news letter or sent to any officer and copied to the Eze. Such suggestion or observation will be discussed under matters arising, which will be a permanent feature on the group meeting agenda.

I agree with the bolded except that we should also add a provision that empowers any cabinet member to call an emergency meeting at any time. We should be able to react to emergency situations as they arise. The quorum is also fine.

My brother FACE, e be like say you be natural born bureaucrat. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

I agree with the bolded except that we should also add a provision that empowers any cabinet member to call an emergency meeting at any time. We should be able to react to emergency situations as they arise. The quorum is also fine.

My brother FACE, e be like say you be natural born bureaucrat. cool

Thanks for the compliment. This process is not very different from policy writing, which I have done in my areas of interest for large and small organisations. Once, I was discussing an issue with an architect and he asked me if I was sure of what I was saying when I referred to policy and I said; "we wrote the policy".

Guys, we have been sent to the 3rd page; let us hurry up and get this done and start real work.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 9jaIhail(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2012
UMU IGBO MMA MMA NU OOO.

MY DEAR IGBO BROTHERS AND SISTER I AM GLAD READING THROUGH YOUR THREAD I WILL LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL IDEAS AND GREAT KNOWLEDGES,BECAUSE OF THIS I AM 100% CONVINCED THAT IGBO NATION HAS PEOPLE WHO CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN IN IGBO LAND THROUGH THEIR KNOWLEDGE.I WILL LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU ALL FOR MY INABILITY TO BE HERE AND CONTRIBUTE,I WAS SICK AND IT NEEDED THAT I HAVE TO FLY TO ABROAD FOR SURGERY AND I MUST TELL YOU THAT EVERYTHING WENT SUCCESSFUL AND I AM GETTING BACK TO MY FIT.I GAVE THIS TESTIMONY TO YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS SO THAT YOU ALL CAN JOIN ME IN THANKING GOD FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ME,I AM GLAD TO BE HERE TYPING AND LAUGHING WITH YOU ALL AGAIN.

I WANT TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO EZE ONLYTRUTH,AND OUR HONORABLE COMMISSIONER POINTB,AND OTHERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TOWARDS THIS THREAD,MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS IGBOS AND FRIENDS OF IGBO NATION.

THANK YOU ALL.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2012
9ja_I_hail: UMU IGBO MMA MMA NU OOO.

MY DEAR IGBO BROTHERS AND SISTER I AM GLAD READING THROUGH YOUR THREAD I WILL LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL IDEAS AND GREAT KNOWLEDGES,BECAUSE OF THIS I AM 100% CONVINCED THAT IGBO NATION HAS PEOPLE WHO CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN IN IGBO LAND THROUGH THEIR KNOWLEDGE.I WILL LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU ALL FOR MY INABILITY TO BE HERE AND CONTRIBUTE,I WAS SICK AND IT NEEDED THAT I HAVE TO FLY TO ABROAD FOR SURGERY AND I MUST TELL YOU THAT EVERYTHING WENT SUCCESSFUL AND I AM GETTING BACK TO MY FIT.I GAVE THIS TESTIMONY TO YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS SO THAT YOU ALL CAN JOIN ME IN THANKING GOD FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ME,I AM GLAD TO BE HERE TYPING AND LAUGHING WITH YOU ALL AGAIN.

I WANT TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO EZE ONLYTRUTH,AND OUR HONORABLE COMMISSIONER POINTB,AND OTHERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TOWARDS THIS THREAD,MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS IGBOS AND FRIENDS OF IGBO NATION.

THANK YOU ALL.

We are glad to have you back hail and hearty; and we thank God with you that everything went well. Welcome back!

@other participants,

Some hectic time at work has denied me the chance to drive the conference as fast as I would love to. Kindly bear with me for a while. The Article draft of the concluded articles will be available in the next 24 hrs. That should give us the room to continue with the rest.

In the mean time, anyone who has a comment/proposal on any of the past articles/section may go ahead.

We shall get there. . .
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Umunna, we are making progress even if slowly, nevertheless we are progressing! The most important thing is that we MUST NEVER stop. cool Only by COMPLETE and TOTAL commitment would we ever get the future that we want.

@PointB, bros jisie ike. I understand what you mean. Our movement will be slow but steady with only one direction -FORWARD. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
9ja_I_hail: UMU IGBO MMA MMA NU OOO.

THANK YOU ALL.

My brother you are in my prayers. The truth is that there is a power FAR GREATER than any power that a human being can ever imagine. That power is GOD and he is with you my brother. Only believe that he is able to bring you back to full health and NEVER doubt, then just watch and see what would happen!
Thanks for wishing us well and supporting us.
We shall get there. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
FACE:

Thanks for the compliment. This process is not very different from policy writing, which I have done in my areas of interest for large and small organisations. Once, I was discussing an issue with an architect and he asked me if I was sure of what I was saying when I referred to policy and I said; "we wrote the policy".

Guys, we have been sent to the 3rd page; let us hurry up and get this done and start real work.

Endorsed! cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
@PointB, I think we should complete this as soon as possible so that we can move on to more urgent tasks at hand. The conclusion should allow us to move on. So, let's get it done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 2mch(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin - This guy takes NL and the title very seriously. OnlyLies, dont forget to give me contract when you finally hammer. My company will find you. cool

Onlytruth: @PointB, I think we should complete this as soon as possible so that we can move on to more urgent tasks at hand. The conclusion should allow us to move on. So, let's get it done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
Conference members, ladies and gentlemen,
Below is the excerpt of what we have done so far (with little fleshing). Kindly review and comment before we move on to the next stage.
My apologies for the delay.

Thank you.

4.0 Article 4: Memberships, Responsibility Termination of Membership

The movement seeks primarily to effect positive developmental changes in Eastern Nigeria, through grassroots mobilization. Consequently, the membership of the movement shall be drawn with prejudice to this objective.

Memberships of this organization shall be grouped into:

4.0.1 Online Membership

Online members refer to members of the online community ENYI has a presence.

i. Online membership shall be opened to all who are able to contribute to a deliberation or vote, to the extent allowed by the technology of choice.

ii. Subject to the recognition accorded an online member, his/her opinions/suggestions may count or be discounted

iii. An online member nomination during electioneering process shall be subject to the rules stipulated by the electoral commission/organizers, subject to the constitution.

iv. Online members may also double also as offline members

4.0.2 Offline Membership

To drive ENYI’s vision, aims and objective, a massive offline movement shall be initiated. The offline ENYI membership shall be stratified into the following

i. Founding Membership: This shall include the first Eze and his council. The Founding members will have voting privileges and their votes will be weighted equally to that of votes from individual members. The first Eze shall have a right to his natural vote in addition to a swing/deciding vote entitlement/privilege; however, he cannot use such vote to bring any voting process to a tie/stalemate.

ii. Individual Membership – Individuals membership shall be drawn from the nationalities that make up Eastern Nigeria, Anioma, and other Igbo communities. Individual members shall have voting privileges, and shall abide by every other aspect of the constitution.

iii. Affiliate Membership - Affiliate Membership shall be opened to all friends/allies of ENYI and its cause. They will include non-Easterners, who are invited or convey interest in ENYI, as well as other Easterners, such as students, members of other organizations, or those who can't or do not wish to make payments yet. The Affiliate Member will not be required to pay fees or voting privileges as an affiliate.

4.0.3 Responsibility of Members

Members are encouraged to imbibe ENYI ideals including but not limited to:

i. Actively canvassing for economic development, and political advance of the Eastern Nigeria, and Igbo speaking areas of Nigeria

ii. Actively and personally engaged in developmental activities in Eastern Nigeria like centering business (SMEs, etc), physical building, etc in Eastern Nigeria

iii. Advocate hard-work, dignity, while eschewing crimes, violence and other misconduct

4.0.4 Termination of Membership

Application/invitation to join the movement shall be ratified by the council within a probation period of three month. An individual shall cease to be a member if:

i. His/her membership is not ratified

ii. The individual becomes deceased

iii. The individual membership is terminated by the council on the basis of action antithetic to the ideals of ANYI

iv. If the individual is terminated after been determined to have fraudulently gained ENYI’s memberships and his /her activities might jeopardize ENYI’s objectives.

v. Membership is terminated for not meeting up with other obligations as spelled out by the constitution

5.0 Article 5: Committees and responsibilities

ENYI shall have standing committees as listed below, and from time to time set-up ad-hoc committees as exigencies may dictate.

i. Networking: This Committee shall be responsible for developing connections to every necessary person, groups, agencies and bodies.

ii. Lobby: This Committee shall be responsible for using the connections raised by the networking committee to mount effective lobbying campaigns.

iii. Politicking: This Committee shall be responsible for using various lobbying strategies to sway the political direction and maturity (grassroots awareness) of the East.

iv. Development Planning: This Committee shall be responsible for formulating development strategies and forming actionable plans for development (physical and economic) for the East

v. Audit Committee: This Committee shall be responsible for reconciling the financial transaction and other financial undertaking of ENYI.

6.0.0 Meetings And Quorum

6.0.1 ENYI shall have separate Annual General Meeting for both the Online and Offline Members toreview her activity. Notice of the AGM shall be sent well in advance of the date of the meeting. In addition to the AGM, the ENYI council, and patrons must meet at least monthly (online or offline) to facilitate the pursuit ENYI aims and objectives.

6.0.3 And emergency cabinet or AGM might also be called by the cabinet as exigency demands

6.0.2 QUOROM

i. Where notice of meeting is sent at least a month before the scheduled date, a quorum of shall be formed when 65% of concerned members are present. This is to prevent dormant members holding the organization hostage.

ii. In case of emergency meeting 51% percent attendance of members shall constitute a quorum
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
PointB: Conference members, ladies and gentlemen,
Below is the excerpt of what we have done so far (with little fleshing). Kindly review and comment before we move on to the next stage.
My apologies for the delay.

Thank you.

4.0 Article 4: Memberships, Responsibility Termination of Membership

The movement seeks primarily to effect positive developmental changes in Eastern Nigeria, through grassroots mobilization. Consequently, the membership of the movement shall be drawn with prejudice to this objective.

Memberships of this organization shall be grouped into:

4.0.1 Online Membership

Online members refer to members of the online community ENYI has a presence.

i. Online membership shall be opened to all who are able to contribute to a deliberation or vote, to the extent allowed by the technology of choice.

ii. Subject to the recognition accorded an online member, his/her opinions/suggestions may count or be discounted

iii. An online member nomination during electioneering process shall be subject to the rules stipulated by the electoral commission/organizers, subject to the constitution.

iv. Online members may also double also as offline members

4.0.2 Offline Membership

To drive ENYI’s vision, aims and objective, a massive offline movement shall be initiated. The offline ENYI membership shall be stratified into the following

i. Founding Membership: This shall include the first Eze and his council. The Founding members will have voting privileges and their votes will be weighted equally to that of votes from individual members. The first Eze shall have a right to his natural vote in addition to a swing/deciding vote entitlement/privilege; however, he cannot use such vote to bring any voting process to a tie/stalemate.

ii. Individual Membership – Individuals membership shall be drawn from the nationalities that make up Eastern Nigeria, Anioma, and other Igbo communities. Individual members shall have voting privileges, and shall abide by every other aspect of the constitution.

iii. Affiliate Membership - Affiliate Membership shall be opened to all friends/allies of ENYI and its cause. They will include non-Easterners, who are invited or convey interest in ENYI, as well as other Easterners, such as students, members of other organizations, or those who can't or do not wish to make payments yet. The Affiliate Member will not be required to pay fees or voting privileges as an affiliate.

4.0.3 Responsibility of Members

Members are encouraged to imbibe ENYI ideals including but not limited to:

i. Actively canvassing for economic development, and political advance of the Eastern Nigeria, and Igbo speaking areas of Nigeria

ii. Actively and personally engaged in developmental activities in Eastern Nigeria like centering business (SMEs, etc), physical building, etc in Eastern Nigeria

iii. Advocate hard-work, dignity, while eschewing crimes, violence and other misconduct

4.0.4 Termination of Membership

Application/invitation to join the movement shall be ratified by the council within a probation period of three month. An individual shall cease to be a member if:

i. His/her membership is not ratified

ii. The individual becomes deceased

iii. The individual membership is terminated by the council on the basis of action antithetic to the ideals of ANYI
ENYI
iv. If the individual is terminated after been determined to have fraudulently gained ENYI’s memberships and his /her activities might jeopardize ENYI’s objectives.

v. Membership is terminated for not meeting up with other obligations as spelled out by the constitution

5.0 Article 5: Committees and responsibilities

ENYI shall have standing committees as listed below, and from time to time set-up ad-hoc committees as exigencies may dictate.

i. Networking: This Committee shall be responsible for developing connections to every necessary person, groups, agencies and bodies.

ii. Lobby: This Committee shall be responsible for using the connections raised by the networking committee to mount effective lobbying campaigns.

iii. Politicking: This Committee shall be responsible for using various lobbying strategies to sway the political direction and maturity (grassroots awareness) of the East.

iv. Development Planning: This Committee shall be responsible for formulating development strategies and forming actionable plans for development (physical and economic) for the East

v. Audit Committee: This Committee shall be responsible for reconciling the financial transaction and other financial undertaking of ENYI.

6.0.0 Meetings And Quorum

6.0.1 ENYI shall have separate Annual General Meeting for both the Online and Offline Members toreview her activity. Notice of the AGM shall be sent well in advance of the date of the meeting. In addition to the AGM, the ENYI council, and patrons must meet at least monthly (online or offline) to facilitate the pursuit ENYI aims and objectives.

6.0.3 And emergency cabinet or AGM might also be called by the cabinet as exigency demands

6.0.2 QUOROM

i. Where notice of meeting is sent at least a month before the scheduled date, a quorum of shall be formed when 65% of concerned members are present. This is to prevent dormant members holding the organization hostage.

ii. In case of emergency meeting 51% percent attendance of members shall constitute a quorum

Looks good. Please pardon the slight amendments.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by achi4u(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
Thank you Oga PointB and all other contributors who have in one way or the other air out their concrete opinion or suggestion,we are really greatfull.
Let me quickly remind you(the moderators) that most of us the 'floor members' are a bit disconnected to some extend,thats why only few people are here contributing.We need to make our case simple and easier for a common man to comprehend.
Please,anybody can still enlighten me more on the issue of membership;...where my type can fall to.

Thanks to everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

COVID-19: Northern Governors Insist On Banning Almajiri System / President Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock / SE Presidency: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.