Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). (1110 Views)

The Disease That Cannot Be Stopped By Condom -PHOTO- / Should Payment Of Dowry Be Scrapped? / Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). by larryshow4(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2012
Paying of dowry on our WOMEN nowadays is Pure WASTE of MONEY cause we don't meet them VIRGIN anymore!!! I feel this should be stopped. Your contribution is highly appreciated and certainly, so much points towards this.

Remembering back in the days when we still have our CULTURE, when the husband pays dowry and the family of the girl would wait for the good news to hear there daughter is still a virgin, but nowadays, i hardly believe things would be like that, and we still pay the dowry.... Its wield....
Re: Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). by Kristyann(f): 6:59pm On May 12, 2012
Are u also a virgin,judge urself
Re: Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 12, 2012
larryshow4: Paying of dowry on our WOMEN nowadays is Pure WASTE of MONEY cause we don't meet them VIRGIN anymore!!! I feel this should be stopped. Your contribution is highly appreciated and certainly, so much points towards this.

Remembering back in the days when we still have our CULTURE, when the husband pays dowry and the family of the girl would wait for the good news to hear there daughter is still a virgin, but nowadays, i hardly believe things would be like that, and we still pay the dowry.... Its wield....

I support this. . .not because most ladies dont wed as virgins anymore (the time of lousy virgin marriages has slipped away). . .
But because i do not feel parents are still supposed to SELL their daughters away in marriage in this modern time.

Ofcourse i'm not calling for a complete cancellation of the procedure. . .for our culture sake we can modernise it and it will be fine

What recent enlightened parents do is after recieving the dowry then they come out openly during the ceremony and declare 'we do not sell our daughter on this day. . .we are giving her freely unto love and hence we will return this dowry back to you (husband) as part of our gifts to you'

So they end up not accepting it in a ceremonial and cultural way. . .
Re: Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). by larryshow4(m): 8:05am On May 13, 2012
Kristyann: Are u also a virgin,judge urself
Its very easy for you not to figure that out as a guy, but very hard for a girl to hide that...... wink
Re: Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). by MrsChima(f): 10:00am On May 13, 2012
Isn't that the same thing as prostitution?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Ranked Most Unfaithful In The World / What Men Want In A Relationship / White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.