Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:38 AM

Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng (25431 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mukina2: 10:15am On May 15, 2012
t has been over a year since Samuel Eleng and his wife, Favour, lost their two-year-old twin daughter at the Children’s department of the Canaan Land, Winners Chapel headquarters, Sango-Ota in Ogun State, and yet, there is no sign of the girl.

The couple are still stunned by the mysterious disappearance of Praise on April 17, 2011, an Easter Sunday.

Although the Church’s founder, David Oyedepo, was said to have shown support to the family, however, Samuel alleged that the Church had been meddling with the case to prevent it from going public.

“We handed our girls, Praise and Glory, over to the school teachers under whose custody many other children were kept. They gave us two tags as proof that we had our children under their care for that day,” said Samuel.

However, by the end of the church service, Praise had gone missing from the class in which she was left.

Even the teachers in charge of the twin girls were not in sight, as they were said to have all gone for service as at the time the couple went to get their daughters.

“I saw my wife around the vicinity of the Children’s section, she was crying. She told me that Praise was missing,” he said.

Samuel said they eventually got hold of one of the four teachers supposedly in charge of the children’s class, who was also at a loss regarding the whereabouts of Praise.

“She claimed not to know but advised us to check other classes. So we started moving around from class to class, around the church premises,” he continued.

By then apprehensive but still hopeful, the couple waited until after the service and reported the matter to Oyedepo, who prayed and joined them in the search.

“He (Oyedepo) walked with us to the Children’s department and after praying, he said he has not seen any evil signal,” Samuel said.

However, a more frantic search for Praise was not successful as the hours harrowingly dragged on into days and months for the troubled family.

“I was thinking so many things; how can I come to the house of God and my child will suddenly disappear? Even if it was time for rapture, how can it just pick my child only?” Samuel said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/winners-chapel-covers-case-missing-child#.T7H2skQEn_J.facebook
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2012
Hmmm...I think the church should take this more seriously now........why the cover up? angry angry angry

Bashers and Haters + Apologetics where una dey? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:28am On May 15, 2012
This is not a religious matter. it is a matter for the courts - The Church should be charge with negligence - It is a similar affair with some daycare centers where kids are doused with sleeping pills so their caretakers can go to sleep all day not aware of any dubious activity around the sleeping children. there was a case of one where the child supposedly fell into a well and drowned amidst suspicions that it was a kidnap plot gone sour.

Bishop Oyedepo and his Church should be charged to court. It is amazing that at least 99% of the congregation will keep mum over this matter and keep praying to God to magically recover the child. this is one of the sides of Christianity that makes it easy to discredit on the outside world. Admit that something very wrong has happened and take the blame squarely. you are seen as a dishonest simpleton when you try to cover-up, it also tars your congregation and GOD as well. now i have my doubts whether God actually ordained the git as his anointed or the Devil did. angry

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by 2good(m): 10:28am On May 15, 2012
mkmyers45: Hmmm...I think the church should take this more seriously now........why the cover up? angry angry angry

Bashers and Haters + Apologetics where una dey? grin grin grin grin grin grin

hahahahahahaha! He is busy cursing Boko Haram while he cannot solve a problem that happened in his own church which is suppose to be the house of god.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by ayobase(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2012
the teacher(s) shld be held responsibe
for d missing child.
Investigation shld be conducted!

3 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Revolva(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2012
ah dem don take am do blood money ,oyedepo keep gettin richer and members broke
But do you know being broke is the root of all evils
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by ozoebuka1(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2012
Wow... wonders shall never end... by the fact that they hid it from d general public, something is wrong somewhere... woman, abeg report da case to da police if u wanna know what happened to ur child ,praise,
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Nobody: 10:34am On May 15, 2012
That Church is way to large and wide. An adult can even lose his way in the sea of crowd that I witnessed in the Canaanland. Its not a church matter, the police needed to be told in time.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2012
2good:

hahahahahahaha! He is busy cursing Boko Haram while he cannot solve a problem that happened in his own church which is suppose to be the house of god.

Na so e dey be...

@Topic I think a good lawyer should help the family fight to know what happened to their daughter since she was under daycare by some careless nannies angry angry angry angry
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by ayobase(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2012
2good:

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by stagger: 10:35am On May 15, 2012
As a member of the Winners family, I must say that the system of identification of children by parents needs to be enhanced to avoid such occurrences, because of the sheer number of people that attend the church. It can be a logistic nightmare. Just issuing tags is obviously not enough.

As for the matter being a cover-up, that is purely the opinion of the writer. What is important now is for concerted efforts to be made to recover the child. There is nothing that God cannot do.

8 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by ayobase(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2012
2good:

What shld he have done!
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2012
LeoMax: That Church is way to large and wide. An adult can even lose his way in the sea of crowd that I witnessed in the Canaanland. Its not a church matter, the police needed to be told in time.

She was in the children's department under care from NANNIES who should be on the look-out......

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by cyril83(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2012
Oyedepo again?.....why cud such calamity happened in di house of God? Wia r di school teachers nd di church security besides y is di man tryin 2 cover up di story?
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2012
ayobase:

What shld he have done!

Isn't he a MOG? He should see where the girl is.....knowing fully-well what could happen if someone goes missing and the public hears it....
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Agbonzebeta: 10:43am On May 15, 2012
Lord help dis family to no wat happened, ijn

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 10:47am On May 15, 2012
mukina2:

t has been over a year since Samuel Eleng and his wife, Favour, lost their two-year-old twin daughter at the Children’s department of the Canaan Land, Winners Chapel headquarters, Sango-Ota in Ogun State, and yet, there is no sign of the girl.

The couple are still stunned by the mysterious disappearance of Praise on April 17, 2011, an Easter Sunday.

Although the Church’s founder, David Oyedepo, was said to have shown support to the family, however, Samuel alleged that the Church had been meddling with the case to prevent it from going public.

“We handed our girls, Praise and Glory, over to the school teachers under whose custody many other children were kept. They gave us two tags as proof that we had our children under their care for that day,” said Samuel.

However, by the end of the church service, Praise had gone missing from the class in which she was left.

Even the teachers in charge of the twin girls were not in sight, as they were said to have all gone for service as at the time the couple went to get their daughters.

“I saw my wife around the vicinity of the Children’s section, she was crying. She told me that Praise was missing,” he said.

Samuel said they eventually got hold of one of the four teachers supposedly in charge of the children’s class, who was also at a loss regarding the whereabouts of Praise.

“She claimed not to know but advised us to check other classes. So we started moving around from class to class, around the church premises,” he continued.

By then apprehensive but still hopeful, the couple waited until after the service and reported the matter to Oyedepo, who prayed and joined them in the search.

“He (Oyedepo) walked with us to the Children’s department and after praying, he said he has not seen any evil signal,” Samuel said.

However, a more frantic search for Praise was not successful as the hours harrowingly dragged on into days and months for the troubled family.

“I was thinking so many things; how can I come to the house of God and my child will suddenly disappear? Even if it was time for rapture, how can it just pick my child only?” Samuel said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/winners-chapel-covers-case-missing-child#.T7H2skQEn_J.facebook

I could think of over 50 ways to turn this into a Tribal issue... But a little girls life is at stake here so... Heres the other me;

First of all, I find it very disturbing that many parents tend to have absolutely zero regards for the security and well-being of their kids. This isnt peculiar to winners chapel at all, so dont worry, I havent started bashing Oyedepo. If many of you here would be honest, look at the childrens department in your churches and imagine how easy it would be for a child predator to waalk in and take away a child. The security around them are lax, the guardians in charge are lacadesical and the entire set-up is a waste.

Thats why it is advisable to parents to keep their kids with them in the "ADULT" section of the church. It is not as if in the adult section, profanity or curse words are used.. Keeping your kids with you during the service gives the parents a better advantage to have an idea where their child is and what their child is doing.. Also, the parennts get to explain the preaching to their kids. In the so-called childrens department in most churches, the kids barely learn anything.

Now!! OYEDEPO... No surprises.. He didnt sense any evil.. Yet the girl is missing. And it didnt occur to the witch-slapping Preacher to call the police and put out an APBwith the girls picture immediately the incident was reported... NO!! He was more interested in proecting the image of his church and buying jets..

The parents should sue him and Winners to court for criminal negligence.. and damages to the tune of 50 billion Naira.

4 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by 2good(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

Isn't he a MOG? He should see where the girl is.....knowing fully-well what could happen if someone goes missing and the public hears it....

You gave ayobase the perfect answer.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2012
stagger: As a member of the Winners family, I must say that the system of identification of children by parents needs to be enhanced to avoid such occurrences, because of the sheer number of people that attend the church. It can be a logistic nightmare. Just issuing tags is obviously not enough.

As for the matter being a cover-up, that is purely the opinion of the writer. What is important now is for concerted efforts to be made to recover the child. There is nothing that God cannot do.

Unfortunately GOD is very busy y'see, he has to keep tabs on all the monies accruing to him that his appointed anointed MOGs have appropriated for themselves, riding jets instead of cost-effective chariots. but seriously, the more Nigerians replace constituted law for biblical laws and pastor-worship thsi is the result. it took him that long to realize that he needed constituted law to solve his problem. God definitely won't unless he wants to guilt-trip whoever stole that child (probably for ritual purposes)

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by AjanleKoko: 10:50am On May 15, 2012
It's a bit complicated. Technically, the church isn't liable, since the parents did not sign any agreement to keep their kids there.
But they can be held liable if negligence can be proven. It's a big church, with massive crowds, and they need to take more care with security. I'd say the parents should take them to court, if they can find a good lawyer. I'm sure there must be other cases similar to this.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:00am On May 15, 2012
AjanleKoko: It's a bit complicated. Technically, the church isn't liable, since the parents did not sign any agreement to keep their kids there.
But they can be held liable if negligence can be proven. It's a big church, with massive crowds, and they need to take more care with security. I'd say the parents should take them to court, if they can find a good lawyer. I'm sure there must be other cases similar to this.

Dude!!

Immediately the Church accpeted the children and handed the parents the slip saying that they indeed dropped off their kids in their care, the church automatically assumed responsibility for the security and well being of that child and are liable in this case as the child went missing in their custody due to the negligence of the church employed caretakers..

Where is the darn technicality in this?! angry

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by grafikii: 11:01am On May 15, 2012
Wow I can't imagine what they are going thru, what would they tell the other twin when she ask for her sister.
AjanleKoko: It's a bit complicated. Technically, the church isn't liable, since the parents did not sign any agreement to keep their kids there.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by grafikii: 11:04am On May 15, 2012
Wow I can't imagine what they are going thru, what would they tell the other twin when she ask for her sister.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2012
Can anyone prove it actually happened. Impulsive freaks.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Can anyone prove it actually happened. Impulsive freaks.

Hehehehe.....Sniff Sniff an Apologetic? ROFL grin grin grin grin grin

Why did he say he sensed no evil? Why didnt he expose the parents if they were trying to play on him.... undecided undecided
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by HARDDON: 11:08am On May 15, 2012
so sad to hear...... another ploy to tarnish the image of my grandpa. i do hope and pray the God Lord brings the child back hail and hearty./////// and as for you Nlandas who lack self control and restrain, may God have mercy on you cos no one else can!

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:08am On May 15, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Can anyone prove it actually happened. Impulsive freaks.

You are a holy foo'l!!

Can you prove it didnt!!

Ewu! angry

4 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by edynasty: 11:08am On May 15, 2012
I think the teachers not Oyedepo will be called for questioning. What baffles me in the whole story was "the said teachers all left for 'service' before properly handing the kids of whom they were giving custody". Oyedepo has nothing here, they do.
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:10am On May 15, 2012
e.dynasty:
I think the teachers not Oyedepo will be called for questioning. What baffles me in the whole story was "the said teachers all left for 'service' before properly handing the kids of whom they were giving custody". Oyedepo has nothing here, they do.

I hope you arent a graduate because your reasoning is still at primary 3 level..
Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by mkmyers45(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2012
HARDDON: so sad to hear...... another ploy to tarnish the image of my grandpa. i do hope and pray the God Lord brings the child back hail and hearty./////// and as for you Nlandas who lack self control and restrain, may God have mercy on you cos no one else can!

Are you in kindergarten? Didn't you read the article? Tarnish ko fish ni

Deluded Dude

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by MmuoOkija: 11:12am On May 15, 2012
HARDDON: so sad to hear...... another ploy to tarnish the image of my grandpa. i do hope and pray the God Lord brings the child back hail and hearty./////// and as for you Nlandas who lack self control and restrain, may God have mercy on you cos no one else can!

Your grandpa is a criminal and I hope he either gets kidnapped and fleeced of all his loot or that he loses the series of court cases against him and loses all he has in the settlement.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Covers-up Case Of Missing 2 Year Old Praise Eleng by Nobody: 11:12am On May 15, 2012
stagger: As a member of the Winners family, I must say that the system of identification of children by parents needs to be enhanced to avoid such occurrences, because of the sheer number of people that attend the church. It can be a logistic nightmare. Just issuing tags is obviously not enough.

Stagger the drunk... so na because you be Winners family member, you comment. What of 'As a fellow human' or 'As a parent'... nonsense..

With all the money the charlatan makes from tithes, he wants to make money from 'RANSOMS' also?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Matthias Ezeaku Declared Wanted Over Defamation Of Prophet Fufeyin's Character / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.