Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them (20318 Views)

Sold...Sold...Mercedes Benz / Do You Have Any Accidented Cars? We Can Buy Them! / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before Paying For Them-episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by mxxpunkxx: 9:12am On May 17, 2012
@inspired_M
I want to believe you are still making out with ur girlfriend and have not turned onur BB/ipad/iphone/laptop
or what have you . . to check this thread. smiles!!!
since you vouched for @Damola, i would just wanna know if you really knew the car's entire history til post-sale
In this case, you should have known it was accidented and was badly fixed.
Based on your reputation, y didnt you inform @Lekky_2 of the impending doom?
I would base my judgement on this line of thought, except of course, you come out here and prove otherwise
You really don't owe us an explanation cos you were neither the buyer nor seller, neither were you an intermediary
But did you really certify and endorse @Damola when you knew it is a Lemon car, as you like to put it?

Oya, answer me now now now as I dey look you
before i lose my temper!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by cyril83(m): 9:13am On May 17, 2012
ZUBY77: Both the seller and the buyer are to be blamed here.
Here is Nigeria where people add a little lies when selling or even buying things. Example... Go to a boutique and price a shirt, the seller will tell you that he bought the shirt for 5000 and the buyer will say that he has only 4000 with him.funnily at the end, the seller will accept 4500. Now a shirt that was purchased for 5k was old at 4k5 to a man who had only 4k with him.
My point is that you have to be present before making such transactions. The buyer should have visited Lagos after the initial 500K. My advice is to buy a new Engine. You can get a fairly used Engine in Ladipo Lagos or Onitsha Nigeria. I import used Engines from Japan and Singapore but i dont have Rav4. I can inquire for you but i am based in Onitsha and Enugu. Meanwhile if you agree to buy it down here, you will need to come down here to see it.
anoda 419 on board....@lekky u go nid shine ur eyez well well coz diz's new nigeria everybdy eyez dey red
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by mxxpunkxx: 9:16am On May 17, 2012
But come to think of it . . .
The advert was just too deceptive . . .

"With deep regret . . I only used this ride for 6mths, . . serviced at Elizade . . . .bla bla bla

Wheneever u start to see such stories in adverts, then caveat emptor
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lexusgs430: 9:17am On May 17, 2012
Trust is key, I have imported left hand drive vehicles from japan - UK - lagos, all I saw were the vehicle pictures online and a brief description, and the vehicles were all has described even better !!! (Japanese used lhd vehicles), are probably the best vehicles to get in spec,cost and overall conditions.
The buyer and seller should try to reach an amicable solution in sorting this issue out.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 9:17am On May 17, 2012
Its so unfortunate that the trust alhaji had on Damola went this way,I have bought a lot of things online even in the US From my office in warri without any inspection,so i will not blame alhaji all that much,its just that 2m is a lot of money for one to buy smthing in Nigeria without inspection.My plea is to Damola.You are a business man and no one knows what will come after this Transaction,try as a matter of Urgency to see Alhaji in Abuja so that you people sort this out on a face to face accord.Things like this happens in biz and it should not be the end of life.I beg all in the name of God expecially alhaji and Damola Lets look for amicable solution to this.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by ZUBY77(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2012
991:

Hello Zuby pls can i get a commuter hiace big bumber engine from you and how much is it?
email me pls yeswecan991@yahoo.com

Those engines usually have names like 2Y, 4Z etc. I can easily identify them that way, ask a mechanic the name of the engine and let me know. Meanwhile understand that you will need to come to Onitsha if you want it. That is where my warehouse is located.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Faheedat: 9:24am On May 17, 2012
Well i will not blame you too much but you play to the gallery carelesslly
Moreover,Tenets of Operation says "ALWAYS INVOLVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN DECISIONS THAT AFFECT PROCEDURES AND EQUIPMENT"
Do you still remember NIGERIA POSITION BY TRANSPARENCY ORGANISATION at all
Don't trust anybody and act within the capacity of the law of the Land.
First and foremost-You are suppose to paid 50% as downpayment and on delivery you paid the balance on condition that your Account officer must not the release until you got the Vehicle.Simple and straight forward
Sorry you pay for ignorrance
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 9:25am On May 17, 2012
djeezy: I am a Lawyer, this is an interesting case devoid of uberimae fidei, inter alia. OP, can file a suit for status quo ante or nay liquidated damages provided that he can prove that the car was faulty before purchase, that's the onus upon him. He who alleges must prove. Albeit, it is for the court to decide, business eficacy and officious by stander. Was there a warrantee or guarantee? Let me not enlarge upon the mark ipso facto lest i ignite the quest for justice. Whilst reading this thread vide supra i noticed a term "counter offer" ergo @lekky you can sue. Feel free to consult and seek my legal advice. Ubi jus ibi remedium.

In English please
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 9:27am On May 17, 2012
Customer satisfaction is priority. All the time. I have paid more in cash to make sure my customers are satisfied than the value of this car since I acquired it. And I don't sell cars.

I regret never to have mentioned I had an accident with the vehicle until after the fact, as I never expected the would be buyer to be distant or even paying ahead, never imagined Nigeria's e-commerce has been built. I expected the person to visit and check it out prior to, in fact, this buyer stated he's going to fly in to check it out before paying the balance, but all in all, I accept all responsibilities.

But all the facts stated herein about the status of the car remains the same.

Please stop blaming the buyer for paying 2M ahead, his trust was in no way compromised, the vehicle wasn't stolen and he got the car, he even got a money back guarantee, and the fault that developed from the car wasn't because it's Nigerian used or the car had an earlier accident, rather because the necessary precautions where not taken.

It's very easy for me to sell the car to another willing buyer who will inspect for about the same price or close to. As the market retail value for a Nigerian used 2008 RAV4 is btw: 2.4-2.5M. So, I think there's no point dragging.

In-4MATIC:

please sir, can you tell us how dirt got into a radiator that has been serviced by Elizade? Also are you saying ELIZADE certified a vehicle as serviced with FIVE Indicator lights on?
@ lekky, pls scan that vehicle IMMEDIATELY with a professional scan tool so you know what you bought.

The buyer mentioned the temp. went high was because the radiator was blocked. I haven't seen the vehicle since it's picked up. I am saying Elizade serviced my vehicle until I used other mech, and even when I had an accident, it's covered by a comprehensive insurance from Insurance PHB, though they screwed me over.

I have communicated with all interest to make sure I make a satisfied customer out of him. I am open to thoughts from him, and will be very much willing to work it out just because I didn't mention that important fact. that the car had an earlier accident.

Once more, I am all willing to put all of the resources within my capacity to see that we come to happy ending.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by peaceland(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2012
Hello all,
some of us are actually planning to buy cars via this medium
I have read the initial endorsement/comment made by inspired_m in respect of the subject car here.
i think its only appropriate that he 'explains' what he knows about the car here.
i don't know him; i plan on getting a small car through him based on the costs he gave me which is few thousand less than femmy & based on the volume of business it seems he has done on this forum.
now this has got me thinking again...
so he needs to come up and explain his involvement -
trust me i would have made a good proportion of the mistakes Alhaji made if same car was 'endorsed' by inspired for me and i have the dough on hand.
interestingly the pictures of the front were not displayed until the very end and looks accidented to me unless the photographer/sun was playing funny
thank you all
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by mxxpunkxx: 9:30am On May 17, 2012
@Damola
You're a dumbass
That little fact you left out, could cost a life.
OK, an accident . .
Point of impact? Rear? Fender? Front? Side (passenger's or driver's)
Were the airbags deployed?

I could swear it on my life, the AIRBAG warning was among the lights on the dashboard the driver complained of.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by chuksbogus: 9:30am On May 17, 2012
my brothers ar u tellin me dat trust doesnt exist? A frog dat people want to catch was hiding under a ston and sombody hit d stone and d frog jumped off.the issue here is who hit d stone dst made d frog jump and not why did d frog jump. The seller was never honest with d buyer.dis his saying he will refund is a cock and bull story,to him its an answered prayers cos d car has been giving him problems and he wanted to sale its and dat he has done .but mind u dat he dat thinket dat he standeth shld take heed less he fall.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 9:36am On May 17, 2012
igbonla:

And you wonder why Nigerians resolve disputes using some other means

Interesting discuss, hope all parties find peace at the end.

Abeg stop demonising my beloved Nigeria, Nigerian law is "primarily" based on UK's "common" law". So in Great Britain, as far as this issue is concerned, the buyer paying after "inspection" has voluntarily waived goodbye to his money. The only legal recourse available to him is to take the buyer to Court with the burden of proof and sue for the losses incurred. But driving an overheated car with 5 warning light on, gives him no leg to stand on and the Court would hold him liable for this magnanimous oversight, meaning that he will not get his full money back in Court.

Without dragging this case further, the Buyer deserves a standing ovation for the utmost trust he employed, likewise the Seller's too for his goodwill gesture offer.

pato405:
. . . OP's case is quite pathetic but my question is why would anyone ignore warning lights on a car dashboard? are those who designed it foools? you dont expect the car to scream with voice hitting the roof that it's sick. the car has communicated with you in the best way it can that you should steer clear. what do you expect? angry angry angry angry

Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by nissparts(m): 9:41am On May 17, 2012
In some situations, Inspired could be held liable as well for endorsing the seller and his product.
That's why it's better not to comment on such things sometimes
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Slyr0x: 9:43am On May 17, 2012
djeezy: I am a Lawyer, this is an interesting case devoid of uberimae fidei, inter alia. OP, can file a suit for status quo ante or nay liquidated damages provided that he can prove that the car was faulty before purchase, that's the onus upon him. He who alleges must prove. Albeit, it is for the court to decide, business eficacy and officious by stander. Was there a warrantee or guarantee? Let me not enlarge upon the mark ipso facto lest i ignite the quest for justice. Whilst reading this thread vide supra i noticed a term "counter offer" ergo @lekky you can sue. Feel free to consult and seek my legal advice. Ubi jus ibi remedium.

Lmaoooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy. .Another Patrick Obahiagbon in the making
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Reference(m): 9:44am On May 17, 2012
I just wonder at some responses here. A crime has been taken place and people are trying to fault or placate the buyer. That is absolute nonsense.

Like Lager said, what if those shoddy welds had given way at speed who will be liable for any casualties.

The Damola of a man sold a lemon, period and whether it is contaminated meat, fake drugs, quack engineers or whatever, the penalty for breach of trust is prosecution.

Alhaji should permit the DPP offer and ask the courts to get his money back because this crime goes far beyond both parties. It has damaged trust, damaged this forum, damaged the auto sales business and is damaging our reputation as a people. But the worst damage is the impunity such levity is causing when we continue to treat crime as a family affair whether in the public or private sector.

Nigerians, it is your choice.

3 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by omar22(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2012
A car hasnt reached the motorway / Expressway and it has started overheating why in the blue moon proceed unto the motorway?
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by calculusx(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2012
When a deal is too good to be true, then its probably is. I'm not a lawyer nor a judge and can't judge in this case but sellers owe buyers a duty by disclosing the condition of what they are buying before making payment. When i sell a salvage car, i disclose it by not only showing carfax report, i also show pre-purchase pictures. We must also admit majority of Nigerians don't believe in the truth, if you tell them the truth, they shy away from it.

@ OP, you have treated the matter with maturity and i salute your courage. May Allah pay you back the lost

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lexusgs430: 10:04am On May 17, 2012

In the instance of buying a second hand car, are you forgetting the principle of 'caveat Empthor '. At the instance of picking up the car, and five lights were seen to be out of place, why was the car not rejected citing 'goods not as described ' or better still 'not fit for purpose'. And on 1st sight of over-heating, why did the driver continue driving the car? What were his expectations, the car would cool itself ? If you are drinking a boiling hot cup of tea, would you continue drinking, risking scalding your tongue ?
Legal redress should be their last resort if all fails.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by inspiredm(m): 10:17am On May 17, 2012
mxxpunkxx: @inspired_M
I want to believe you are still making out with ur girlfriend and have not turned onur BB/ipad/iphone/laptop
or what have you . . to check this thread. smiles!!!
since you vouched for @Damola, i would just wanna know if you really knew the car's entire history til post-sale
In this case, you should have known it was accidented and was badly fixed.
Based on your reputation, y didnt you inform @Lekky_2 of the impending doom?
I would base my judgement on this line of thought, except of course, you come out here and prove otherwise
You really don't owe us an explanation cos you were neither the buyer nor seller, neither were you an intermediary
But did you really certify and endorse @Damola when you knew it is a Lemon car, as you like to put it?

Oya, answer me now now now as I dey look you
before i lose my temper!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]@mxxpunkxx,

I thought this matter was settled Yesterday Between BUYER and SELLER.

I knew when this Vehicle was Shipped Into the Country For damola1, It was Clean title, No Accident and Qualified for BuyBack Guarantee, The History Report was Linked to the Other Thread.

The Cost to Land the Vehicle was around 3.5m Naira.

Going down the Line and seeing the SAME vehicle Being Advertised for 2m Naira, that was a Big Knock Off the Retail Value and that was what warranted my Comment.

My Comment was Premised on the Fact that it was a Clean title Vehicle With No Issues, Even though the BUYER ALREADY MADE A DEPOSIT Way TIME Before My Comment.

However, Damola1 WAS WRONG not to have disclosed to the Buyer that Vehicle was involved in a Previous Accident Locally But was FIXED and He still used the vehicle for quite some time Before deciding to Dispose it.
FULL Disclosure is germane when Dealing on a Used Vehicle.

The Driver was Also Guilty of Gross Negligence Both By Driving an Over heated Car and By Engaging the Services of Roadside Mechanics ( Quacks )

Be that as it may I would Suggest The BUYER and SELLER Agree on a Mutual Agreement as to Resolving the Issue, In Actual fact, I would Suggest that Damola1 TAKE UP THE FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF FIXING the Vehicle back to a Good and Drivable State AT NO FINANCIAL COST to Alhaji Lekky2 so as to Compensate him for the TRUST he Reposed in you and For the Stress and Inconveniences Incurred.

I also Want to reiterate that We have Honest and Men of Integrity Here on the Auto Section, On a Daily basis Several Millions of Naira Exchange Hands, With Both Buyer and Seller HAPPY at the End, Hiccups here and there are inevitable and when they do Occur we try Our best to Find amicable Solutions to them.

I Hope Both Parties would Heed to My Suggestion, the responsibility Being More on The Seller.

Cheers

Inspired.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by oiseworld: 10:35am On May 17, 2012
@buyer, you are not wrong in any way. Don't mind what people say. Your driver might be wrong to have drove the car for that distant but he justified himself by buying bags of pure water and coolant, just to make the journey back to abuja.trusting people is the normal thing and i must say ur company trained you well. But, always check and double check when you are parting with something big or thats important to you. Allow him to pick up the car and repaire it. But Be ready to support him even if its just by phome calls
Demola, you knew exactly what you sold. Their is no way you can claim the car was 100% when you sold it. Haba! My brother is a car dealer. You need to see him running around to fix all the problems of his cars before sale with full infor,ation to the buyer that its an accident car, but all its issues have been fixed. He even add the car facts sometime when he want to sell.

Solution.
1. Demola go and pick up the car and fix it all up. Then return it to the buyer. Every car dealer must have an affinity with his cars even after sale. At least for about a month.
Thats why car companies give guarantee. My brother keeps calling to know if his customer enjoy the car. At least a month.

So, don't pretend you didn't read this. Go pick up the car and fix it. You knew what you sold.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by mxxpunkxx: 10:39am On May 17, 2012
@inspired_M
I thought as much. The inspired i know would never disappoint me, unless of course, we have 2 Inspireds here!!!
The inspired i know, being part of a shady deal, ko possible na
Thnx for clearing the air!
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by vinmol: 10:39am On May 17, 2012
see no evil hear no evil..... i wanted a small car a Nissan Micra or a golf
i saw a green golf4 advertised in another blogg not NL and looking very clean..i decided to buy
so i went for inspection, thank God i went mysef, the seller was very motivated, telling me how perfect and neat the car is and its tincan cleared tokuboh
i got carried away and dreaming of my Golf 4 car with cream interiors,i took out time from my tight schedule to inspect somewhere on Adeniyi Jones in Ikeja
wat i saw i will never forget...

i saw a filthy 3 different shades of green obvious accidented and parts replaced. i asked the guy to start the car, it couldnt until they changed the battery
infact...i was so disgusted the sound from the golf was worst than locomotive train.....when i inspected the interiors, that was another disgust...they obvious has driven the living day light out the car here in Nigeria, without trying to clean it up..all the red sands and tell tale signs every where...i was truly angry and walked away, even when he was trying to call me back for us to talk, i was not interested.... the whole idea is please buyers do not buy cars based on picture value..ensure you go there and see for yoursef, do not even send a driver and mechanic...cos those will convince you to buy cos the seller has promised them their own cut...in all these I WISH ALL HAPPY SALES AND HAPPY BUY
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by twinstaiye(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2012
Reading through this thread, it really confirmed to me that there are people like me who trusted blindly and to this, I dont blame the buyer, and I dont blame the seller too as he has come out to even ask us not to blame the buyer for trusting him as he also appreciated his judgment of trusting him.
Inspired_M the Moderator had clearly stated what needs to be done, I hope both buyer and seller agreed on how to resolve this matter amicably. From the look of the issues, it is just an issue that can be resolve amicably considering the integrity of the two parties.
One last tip, Yoruba adage says (Owo to bi, Koto Eniyan) Money might be big, but not as big as making friends with people. This is enough as a guide on how to solve this matter amicably. The friendship and personality of the two parties to me, is very important than the issue at hand and I believe it will help and guide in solving the matter amicably.
I suggest the Mod close this thread from further comments as I believed the two parties are two great people considering their antecedents in this thread and can solve this matter amicably.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by deko24: 10:48am On May 17, 2012
well dats some mistake u wont foret in a lon time.......dis has nofin 2 do with buying cars on nairaland cos dere are many honest sellers alright.....its everywhere................ i also sell cars and i always advice prospective buyers to come along wiv deir trusted mechanics. now let me give my fellow nairalanders and info u mit not know............some cars u buy as tokunbo are actually naija used and u may not suspect............wat do i mean............some cars sellers or dealers as i may say......obtain some very neatly used cars remove the plate numbers, pay 5k for d plate number 2 be deleted @ auto reg and what do u av..................a tokunbo ride.......dis is done 2 maximize profit...............i feel dis is awful............unsuspecting buyers part with deir moni dese way..............dats what reigning now............so be CAEREFUL
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by creserve: 10:48am On May 17, 2012
Malabeni: I'm begining to see sincerity on the part of Damola. He has done what any honourable business man does,offering refund in a veried case of dissatisfaction. @poster,heed to the advice of bigx,return the car and take back your money. I can see responsibility from both parties. @poster,please if you choose not to take the refund,do lay down your grudge and bicker no more. Good business reputation costs a fortune to build. Enough said.
How can the car be returned in the condition it was bought?That is the lacuna that may be hard to be meet!Damola will have to be very tactical in handling this cos it bothers on his reputation.I hope both parties will resolve this amicably for the integrity of nairaland.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by blank(f): 11:05am On May 17, 2012
I dey laugh o. When German007 the scammer was scamming everyone left right and center, people kept saying he should be given the benefit of the doubt as he has not run away. Finally, the mods banned him. Did that help recover people's money? No. Anytime i ask how far with the issue, the dealers will shout me down (figuratively speaking).

Just so that you are in the know, even so called "honest" dealers can turn around and defraud you whenever it suits their purpose. Yet, you will still see people who will continue to cover up for them. This auto section is riddled with such speed bumps, only the grace of God helps u not to fall in their net.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 11:10am On May 17, 2012
damola1: Good Evening Sir,

I continue to remind you, your trust is absolutely not misplaced whenever you deal with myself. Absolutely not misplaced. I don't sell cars, this is my first sold car here.

Please have the car sent back, and a full refund will be arranged accordingly. You got my baby for a steal.

In response to your post:

Lekky 2 wrote:

Please be aware, your driver wrote in an email to me; 15 May 2012 06:47

' It started overheating right from Berger Lagos, even the radiator coolant and bags of sachet water I brought could not subside the overheating and by the time it got to Redemption camp the temperature had risen to the highest therefore burnt the top cylinder casket and the engine stopped working.'

I have used only 16k miles in this car since 2008, and it's never had over heating problems, but that aside, Please, why would anyone drive a car that started overheating from Berger to Redemption camp. Do you know the distance or time covered at all? was he blind all through? and am sure he's probably blowing the AC all through.. When you called me, you made it clear, the radiator was blocked, and that it'll have to be flushed. Don't you think if your driver had simply taken the basic precaution of checking why there's a temp rise at berger , the cylinder casket wouldn't have had any issues?

Lekky 2 wrote:

I am very sorry to hear this, I am supposed to travel by thursday, but will gladly cancel and arrange to pick up the vehicle tommorrow, but we must have to come to a mutual understanding.

I am respected among peers for customer satisfaction not here anyways, especially after sales support, and my motive for being in any dealing with anyone is to have a win win situation. I will try everything within my capacity to see that we both smile.

Thank you.

Damola

MR. DAMOLA, YOU ARE DISGRACE, WHY WOULD YOU SELL A BAD VEHICLE TO SOMEONE, WHAT MANNER OF GREED, AND YOU COME HERE TO SPEW DEFENCE
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 11:12am On May 17, 2012
I for one won't buy anything , even a screwdriver , from Damola seeing his shady way
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Guapo(m): 11:48am On May 17, 2012
damola1: Customer satisfaction is priority. All the time. I have paid more in cash to make sure my customers are satisfied than the value of this car since I acquired it. And I don't sell cars.

I regret never to have mentioned I had an accident with the vehicle until after the fact, as I never expected the would be buyer to be distant or even paying ahead, never imagined Nigeria's e-commerce has been built. I expected the person to visit and check it out prior to, in fact, this buyer stated he's going to fly in to check it out before paying the balance, but all in all, I accept all responsibilities.

But all the facts stated herein about the status of the car remains the same.

Please stop blaming the buyer for paying 2M ahead, his trust was in no way compromised, the vehicle wasn't stolen and he got the car, he even got a money back guarantee, and the fault that developed from the car wasn't because it's Nigerian used or the car had an earlier accident, rather because the necessary precautions where not taken.

It's very easy for me to sell the car to another willing buyer who will inspect for about the same price or close to. As the market retail value for a Nigerian used 2008 RAV4 is btw: 2.4-2.5M. So, I think there's no point dragging.

The buyer mentioned the temp. went high was because the radiator was blocked. I haven't seen the vehicle since it's picked up. I am saying Elizade serviced my vehicle until I used other mech, and even when I had an accident, it's covered by a comprehensive insurance from Insurance PHB, though they screwed me over.

I have communicated with all interest to make sure I make a satisfied customer out of him. I am open to thoughts from him, and will be very much willing to work it out just because I didn't mention that important fact. that the car had an earlier accident.

Once more, I am all willing to put all of the resources within my capacity to see that we come to happy ending.
Sweet God!!! How on earth could u av forgotten to tell ur buyer that d car he was about to purchase has had an accident! That's not a mistake neither is it negligence but total fraud. I don't blame u anyway, I blame d buyer who resorted to unconventional means of purchasing a nigeria used car.
Alhaji's driver sef no try at al. He rode d car lyka horse. This story get as e be o. Everyone is guilty.
Alhaji shud av inspected d car before parting with cheese, Damola shud have discussed every detail of d car's history (but fraud na him middle name), Alhaji's driver (apa, baseje) shud have taken precautions b4 gasket got fried. I dnt knw wat to say to inspiredm yet.
All in all, damola said it in his first words of selling d car on dat thread- "with deep sense of regret". cheesy cheesy grin we regret it too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2017 Model Toyota Corolla Sportz Toks Full Option / 2014 Model Benz E350 4matic Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / Just In Black 2016 Merecedes Benz GLC300 4matic Selling @32.5m ABJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.