Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) (5724 Views)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan / Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by Afam4eva(m): 5:30am On Jun 01, 2012
@mensdept
That airport is owned by the federal governement, so states have nothing to do with it. All they can do is to keep reminding the FG of the immense economic aiport of that airport. But isn't it obvious that the crop of politicians representing us don't care about our welfare and they are not interested in bringing up issues associated with the SE in order not to fall out of favour with the ruling class. They're all there for their selfish gains.

We young people have to start looking home because we're the only ones that can change things in Igboland. Even thoug I'm scared of going into politics for the fear of being gunned down, I think I'm changiing my mind gradually because I can't sit and watch this injustice go on for too long.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by Onlytruth(m): 5:46am On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva: @mensdept
That airport is owned by the federal governement, so states have nothing to do with it. All they can do is to keep reminding the FG of the immense economic aiport of that airport. But isn't it obvious that the crop of politicians representing us don't care about our welfare and they are not interested in bringing up issues associated with the SE in order not to fall out of favour with the ruling class. They're all there for their selfish gains.

We young people have to start looking home because we're the only ones that can change things in Igboland. Even thoug I'm scared of going into politics for the fear of being gunned down, I think I'm changiing my mind gradually because I can't sit and watch this injustice go on for too long.

My brother I have since stopped thinking like the first bolded on any projects in SE. Igboland is NOT part of Nigeria, hence there is nothing like "federal government project" in SE. FACT. It is all our self help efforts; nothing more.
The Nigerians keep telling us in any way they can but we have refused to listen.
The PDP is a party of thieves designed from the blueprint of Nigeria (and every injustice embedded in it). The day we will kick PDP out of Igboland is the day our liberation will begin.
All PDP chieftains sent to represent us at the center are selfish thieves.
God will punish all of them.

WE HAVE TO TAKE OUR DESTINY INTO OUR OWN HANDS. cool
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by Onlytruth(m): 5:54am On Jun 01, 2012
mens dept: The whole upgrading of Ibiam Airport in Enugu was just a bunch of BULLSHyt. Obansanjo promised this airport in his 1st and 2nd term, then Yar I Die in Arabia the same thing, and now Goodluck with the usual official policy of nothing Federal going to the East.

By the way, let me say that the problem is squarely on the Igbo folks. Yes, Enugu state has budgets/allocations yearly of over US $500 Million, with additional allocations from Abia (this state alone US $800 million) Imo, Ebonyi, and ANambra.

So why cant they (the pathethic leaders in SE, including APGA) build/upgrade their own goddammm airport? Why are they waiting for the FG who recently says they are upgrading the four standing int'l airports already, which would surely abolish any need to create/upgrade any more.

Guess they are hoping the villagers in Imo and Abia State are going to tax themselves again to build an airport, or Okpara and co to come from the grave to do it for them.

Igbo people remain a local people. Yes, no connection to the outside world, no world class structures, and no World Class leadership.

That sucks.

Yes I agree, but not for the reasons you give. I agree that we Ndigbo should take our destiny into our hands.
We need ACTIVIST governors, not all these so called "matured" (read led by the nose by the FG) kind of governors.
In fact I'm beginning to develop a hypothesis, and it is that the closer a SE governor is to the president and FG, the greater his inclination to throw Igbo interests under the bus.
If this continues, I would lead a strong campaign to ensure that no Igbo is ever elected Nigerian president, because it may even be better that others are marginalizing us than some iddiot "brother". sad
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by ak47mann(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2012
this is why we don't have enough investors in SE and u wonder why our youths are engaging in crimes cool cool
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
ak47mann: this is why we don't have enough investors in SE and u wonder why our youths are engaging in crimes cool cool

^^^Tell me which international airline would want to serve such a place ? There's even no doors, so it stands to reason that there will be no aircon: you'll be soaked to your pants in minutes while checking-in for your flight, and by dusk, anwunta (mosquitoes) will double your misery undecided.

Our stupid reps and other political elite are busy doing 'one Nijeriah' while there homeland is stagnating. Stupid mugs!!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
PROUD-IGBO, thanks for the pics. Saw it yesternight when it was uploaded and decided not to comment but on waking up and seeing this again, I'll have to say its disheartening.

I am of the opinion that the SE needs to economically integrate and FAST! You have two states categorized as oil producing + Anambra, making three. It will do the SE leaders a lot of good if they could come together and build ONE GOOD airport (although not viable according to data, PH airport is still under-utilized but that's a topic for another day). If for anything, at least, for the psyche of the people.

Secondly, this is the sort of project I expect Rochas to take upon himself, as in, Sam Mbakwe airport. He needs to set an example of what SEastern leadership is about, you know, an ideology that can waken people.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by PointB: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
I believe the SE Governor forum should take up the issue of International Airport seriously with the Presidency. They need to harp it upon GEJ that voting for him at the last election has a price tag - infrastructural development is not too big a price to ask!
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by ak47mann(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Tell me which international airline would want to serve such a place ? There's even no doors, so it stands to reason that there will be no aircon: you'll be soaked to your pants in minutes while checking-in for your flight, and by dusk, anwunta (mosquitoes) will double your misery undecided.

Our stupid reps and other political elite are busy doing 'one Nijeriah' while there homeland is stagnating. Stupid mugs!!!
dalu nna one nigeria na onu cool cool cool cool
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by Onlytruth(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
jason123: PROUD-IGBO, thanks for the pics. Saw it yesternight when it was uploaded and decided not to comment but on waking up and seeing this again, I'll have to say its disheartening.

I am of the opinion that the SE needs to economically integrate and FAST! You have two states categorized as oil producing + Anambra, making three. It will do the SE leaders a lot of good if they could come together and build ONE GOOD airport ([size=14pt]although not viable according to data[/size], PH airport is still under-utilized but that's a topic for another day). If for anything, at least, for the psyche of the people.

Secondly, this is the sort of project I expect Rochas to take upon himself, as in, Sam Mbakwe airport. He needs to set an example of what SEastern leadership is about, you know, an ideology that can waken people.

My friend if you want to say the truth, say all of it; don't say half truths. undecided
What do you mean by the bolded? You mean you have taken survey of all fliers using Lagos and Abuja international airports and found that they never terminate in SE? All these half hearted truths (which are really lies) cannot help you. We need our airports, and we will get them.

1 Like

Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend if you want to say the truth, say all of it; don't say half truths. undecided
What do you mean by the bolded? You mean you have taken survey of all fliers using Lagos and Abuja international airports and found that they never terminate in SE? All these half hearted truths (which are really lies) cannot help you. We need our airports, and we will get them.

Mr Eze, that was all you got from my post?! shocked shocked undecided
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by billante(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
what are all of you guys blabbing about! as far as i know enugu international airport is taking shape gradually....the runway has been expanded and reconstructed to take any size of airplane including dreamline and airbus double deck planes, the lighting also recently finished making it possible to operate 24 hrs...its now remaining a good standard terminal,which can spring up under 4-6 months! so what the hell are u guys cursing south east governors for?
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
billante: what are all of you guys blabbing about! as far as i know enugu international airport is taking shape gradually....the runway has been expanded and reconstructed to take any size of airplane including dreamline and airbus double deck planes, the lighting also recently finished making it possible to operate 24 hrs...its now remaining a good standard terminal,which can spring up under 4-6 months! so what the hell are u guys cursing south east governors for?

nwokem do you have pictures or are you just here to insult people unnecessarily?
show us pictures or shut da fux up
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by billante(m): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
re@lchange:

nwokem do you have pictures or are you just here to insult people unnecessarily?
show us pictures or shut da fux up

Which insult? Na question I dey ask una...which picture do you need again! Didn't u see d picture at d beginning of dis thread and don't u listen and monitor news! Its a public knowledge dat the runway and lightning has been complete! Google it my friend
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:32am On Jun 02, 2012
billante:

Which insult? Na question I dey ask una...which picture do you need again! Didn't u see d picture at d beginning of dis thread and don't u listen and monitor news! Its a public knowledge dat the runway and lightning has been complete! Google it my friend

^^^I think why most people are up in arms about the Enugu Airport issue is b'cos of the half-hearted/cut-and-join approach the federal gov't is adopting towards its construction. Is it that the South East (which has not had any serious federal gov't presence since the late 60's, unlike other regions) is not good enough for serious money to be budgeted once and for all so its only International Airport can be brought up to date? Have you seen the quality of work being done? From the attached pic you can tell the job is being handled by 'local' contractors with no regards to health and safety: no hard hats; no steel-capped boots; no company uniform; the work area has not been isolated from the rest of the building (imagine if a child about to travel with his parents, wanders close by to where they're working and a block falls on his head undecided); no consideration given to customers using the Airport (they could be covered in dust and coughing up cement particles by the time they board their flight).

If truth be told, this is a bloody scam and we've seen right through it. If Jonathan had the guts, he should have given special consideration for this Airport and damn any bad-belle mutterings from jealous bastards who seem to forget so easily that their region/zone has had an unfair advantage for decades and hence should not begrudge Ndigbo a little well deserved attention coming their way. We are a people blessed with huge natural/human resources but have fuckall to show for it; instead our commonwealth has been used to develop other peoples cities and fill the bank accounts of their thieving sons and daughters.

And let me not even start on the glaring injustice of leaving out Enugu in the recent deal Okonjo-Iweala signed with the Chinese for the construction of four new terminlas. You would have thought given the current state of Enugu Airport, and the fact that it's the fourth busiest -when a full years uninterupted operation is considered- that it would have been included in the deal. Next they'll come and tell us that the Enugu one is planned for the second phase (and knowing how things work in this country, that may coincide with the second coming of Christ!!!).

Peeps anger is based on what is in the news, and what we see in available pics. So if you're privy to any new deal/plans for a proper new 'world class' terminal for Enugu, of have pics to show serious construction work going on in the old terminal building, then please share with the rest of us.

How can any Igbo be happy with what we've seen in those pics. Our problem since the 70's is that we accept our lot like timid sheep, expecting that Nigeria will come good for us in the end, and start acting fair; seeing any pathetic/sub-standard federal gov't project in the SE and say we should thank God, that half bread is better than none. Our standards and expectations have been lowered by being part of this contraption.

Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 4:39am On Jun 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I think why most people are up in arms about the Enugu Airport issue is b'cos of the half-hearted/cut-and-join approach the federal gov't is adopting towards its construction. Is it that the South East (which has not had any serious federal gov't presence since the late 60's, unlike other regions) is not good enough for serious money to be budgeted once and for all so its only International Airport can be brought up to date? Have you seen the quality of work being done? From the attached pic you can tell the job is being handled by 'local' contractors with no regards to health and safety: no hard hats; no steel-capped boots; no company uniform; the work area has not been isolated from the rest of the building (imagine if a child about to travel with his parents, wanders close by to where they're working and a block falls on his head undecided); no consideration given to customers using the Airport (they could be covered in dust and coughing up cement particles by the time they board their flight).

If truth be told, this is a bloody scam and we've seen right through it. If Jonathan had the guts, he should have given special consideration for this Airport and damn any bad-belle mutterings from jealous bastards who seem to forget so easily that their region/zone has had an unfair advantage for decades and hence should not begrudge Ndigbo a little well deserved attention coming their way. We are a people blessed with huge natural/human resources but have fuckall to show for it; instead our commonwealth has been used to develop other peoples cities and fill the bank accounts of their thieving sons and daughters.

And let me not even start on the glaring injustice of leaving out Enugu in the recent deal Okonjo-Iweala signed with the Chinese for the construction of four new terminlas. You would have thought given the current state of Enugu Airport, and the fact that it's the fourth busiest -when a full years uninterupted operation is considered- that it would have been included in the deal. Next they'll come and tell us that the Enugu one is planned for the second phase (and knowing how things work in this country, that may coincide with the second coming of Christ!!!).

Peeps anger is based on what is in the news, and what we see in available pics. So if you're privy to any new deal/plans for a proper new 'world class' terminal for Enugu, of have pics to show serious construction work going on in the old terminal building, then please share with the rest of us.

How can any Igbo be happy with what we've seen in those pics. Our problem since the 70's is that we accept our lot like timid sheep, expecting that Nigeria will come good for us in the end, and start acting fair; seeing any pathetic/sub-standard federal gov't project in the SE and say we should thank God, that half bread is better than none. Our standards and expectations have been lowered by being part of this contraption.

Mehn, you are angry o! The readers can clearly see and feel the genuine frustration poured-out on this post. I repeat, the SE needs a SERIOUS economic committee dedicated to these sort of things OR Rochas(APGA) needs to show the way. Waiting for the FG is pointless in Nigeria and we all know it. Given the corruption level in Nigeria, before he money trickles down to where its needed . . . hmmn; little or nothing will be left!
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by billante(m): 7:56am On Jun 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

A competent contractors did the runway and lighting! PW did d runway, another contractor did the lightning...I understand your point about d substandard reconstruction of the local terminal...I think they have two options there,either they totally pull down the old local terminal to build a brand new local/international terminal which will need them closing that airport for the third time again or they reconstruct the old terminal with airport services going on along side d reconstruction which to me won't bring up a world class terminal....maybe maybe, I said maybe they want to reconstruct the old terminal with a low budget manage it for one or two yrs then construct a world class terminal at another space within the airport in d 2nd phase of the nationwide upgrading of airports! Thinking they will do everything at the same time is impossible in nigerian standard! Its how they did the nationwide teaching hospitals upgrading project....let us not put tribalism in dis! As u want ur own to be done first its d same way other tribes want theirs to be done first...its left to d FG to decide d one the will do first and they normal go for first generation ones first.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by Onlytruth(m): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2012
billante:

A competent contractors did the runway and lighting! PW did d runway, another contractor did the lightning...I understand your point about d substandard reconstruction of the local terminal...I think they have two options there,either they totally pull down the old local terminal to build a brand new local/international terminal which will need them closing that airport for the third time again or they reconstruct the old terminal with airport services going on along side d reconstruction which to me won't bring up a world class terminal....maybe maybe, I said maybe they want to reconstruct the old terminal with a low budget manage it for one or two yrs then construct a world class terminal at another space within the airport in d 2nd phase of the nationwide upgrading of airports! Thinking they will do everything at the same time is impossible in nigerian standard! Its how they did the nationwide teaching hospitals upgrading project....let us not put tribalism in dis! As u want ur own to be done first its d same way other tribes want theirs to be done first...its left to d FG to decide d one the will do first and they normal go for first generation ones first.

I don't know whether to cry at the bolded words. My brother, I've learned to ask the right questions, like the ones I'm about to ask.
Pray, tell me, did we Ndigbo wait for "the next phase" of elections before voting Obasanjo, or Yar adua, and now Jonathan FOR THE SAME PROJECT?
Did we Ndigbo wait for "the next phase" before lobbying to have our sons and daughters to get appointed to key federal positions?
Why is it always we Ndigbo that have to wait for "the next phase" which our brother rightly called waiting for the second coming of our Lord?

Nna biko ka anyi na agwa onwe anyi eziokwu! undecided

Why should Enugu international airport be stepped over ahead of Kano for instance, when Enugu handles more traffic than Kano, and would likely increase in traffic after the upgrade?

I honestly hope that you are not a PDP apologist, because you honestly sound like one.
Obi adiro m mma chaa chaa. sad
Ndi PDP egbuona Ndigbo nie (they have killed and buried Ndigbo). sad

1 Like

Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by billante(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

I don't know whether to cry at the bolded words. My brother, I've learned to ask the right questions, like the ones I'm about to ask.
Pray, tell me, did we Ndigbo wait for "the next phase" of elections before voting Obasanjo, or Yar adua, and now Jonathan FOR THE SAME PROJECT?
Did we Ndigbo wait for "the next phase" before lobbying to have our sons and daughters to get appointed to key federal positions?
Why is it always we Ndigbo that have to wait for "the next phase" which our brother rightly called waiting for the second coming of our Lord?

Nna biko ka anyi na agwa onwe anyi eziokwu! undecided

Why should Enugu international airport be stepped over ahead of Kano for instance, when Enugu handles more traffic than Kano, and would likely increase in traffic after the upgrade?

I honestly hope that you are not a PDP apologist, because you honestly sound like one.
Obi adiro m mma chaa chaa. sad
Ndi PDP egbuona Ndigbo nie (they have killed and buried Ndigbo). sad

Eze ndi igbo 1 of nairaland I hail oo grin. But No be only igbos voted for jonathan, all over nigeria did! He can't favour d other over another....you guys are saying south east are always neglected! Let me give u an example dat will contradict dat,the inland ports that are planned along d river niger guess which one they completed first? Onitsha port!! Nnamdi azikiwe teaching hospital nnewi was in d first phase of the hosiptal upgrade obasanjo did, the 2nd niger bridge is the one plan to be constructed first before the one over river benue...but am not removing the begging fact that we need more to be done!! My 2cent views
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by henrychubayo: 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
I need to make a very important point here. I have been tracking and following Enugu airport since 2010 that it was closed because to me, flying directly to enugu is the best thing that can happen to our ppl, and me. Am happy to hear that the airport has been expanded. My ppl, this is the major work in an international airport. Runway is the airport itself and not the terminal. If you have a good runway and big one, even obama can land where there is no terminal building but can't where the runway is bad and small. In fact, if not because its a federal project, enugu could have build the terminal on their own. My point is these, the major works has been done, unknowingly to most of you, the terminal building is going on right now as we speak. The old one still remains a local one while the new one is for international. I would have gone to enugu to take pix if am in 9ja but a friend of mine told me that the work is in great progress. When the airport was opened after light way installations, the airport manager stated that the major work in progress is the new terminal building which will be completed soon. He also stated that flight activities will not be affected by work in progress at the airport which means that the local terminal is in operation while for local flights and if ever it is been reconstructed, such activities will not be approve for safety. The contractors that handled the airport are professionals. The have handled many like the mma in lagos, in ghana and many more countries. I still maintain that the major work has been done while the new terminal might take less than 6 months to be completed. If any in enugu can, plz go and take pix so that our ppl can see the work in progress at the airport.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Okay, I have the data:

Kano

KANO
TOTAL PASSENGER 292,055

Enugu

Enugu 102,541

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ext/latest_release/ssd09.pdf
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
jason123:

Okay, I have the data:

Kano: 292,055

Enugu: 102,541

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ext/latest_release/ssd09.pdf

^^^^^^Nice try Jason wink. You think say you dey try confuse persin wey no go school grin?

I've checked the link you provided, and in the aviation statistics pages (393 and 394) Enugu Airport is busier than Aminu Kano Int'l in both arrivals and departures for the year 2007. The statistics were shown for the period 2004-2007, but i just bothered looking at the numbers for last year available. I tried copying and pasting it for easier perusal and comparison, but couldn't.

The one that surprised me was Owerri Airport for 2007. But i suppose that was when Port Harcourt Int'l was being refurbished as its figures were quite low (less tha 5,000) for the year.

It's funny though, as the preceeding pages on Aviation compared statistics for the '4 leading Airports in the country'. shocked And i ask, 'Leading' according to hard statistical facts? Or is it 'leading' according to the whims of the owners of Nigeria at the time?

I don't know where you got those figures from, but they look highly suspect undecided; looks to me like someones been busy massaging figures and cooking the books grin.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
http://www.faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2009-Annual-Aircraft-Movement.pdf

https://www.nairaland.com/download/589927

FACE: According to 2009 FAAN statistics, the busiest domestic airports in terms of aircraft movements are

MMA: 55,876, Abj: 48506, PHC: 21163, Warri:12,936, Cal: 7622, Ben: 7330, Enugu:6286: Owerri:4362, Kano: 4135, : Kad: 3431,

Busiest in terms of passenger traffic:MMA 3.3 million, Abj: 2.87 million, PHC: 1.03 Million, Warri: 417,000, Enugu, 367000, Cal: 316000, Benin: 308,000, Owerri: 277000, Kano: 187000, Kad: 146000

Airports with passenger traffic below 100,000 Maiduguri: 81000, Yola: 58000, Jos: 50000, Sokoto: 45000, Ilorin: 25000, Minna: 12000, Akure: 11000, Katsina: 9000, Ibadan 8200 and Markurdi 4800.

(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

2009-Annual-Aircraft-Movement.pdf
2009-Annual-Passenger-Traffic.pdf

^^^I found a post made by FACE last year, and i thought i should repost it to help with comparisons. It's a more recent statistic, and i've re-attached the links for Aircraft and Passenger traffic for the year (2009). Also bear in mind that Enugu Airport may not have been operating for the whole year b'cos of the first closure for upgrade works.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^^^^Nice try Jason wink. You think say you dey try confuse persin wey no go school grin?

I've checked the link you provided, and in the aviation statistics pages (393 and 394) Enugu Airport is busier than Aminu Kano Int'l in both arrivals and departures for the year 2007. The statistics were shown for the period 2004-2007, but i just bothered looking at the numbers for last year available. I tried copying and pasting it for easier perusal and comparison, but couldn't.

cheesy
I checked the pages you mention and I didn't find anything.

The one that surprised me was Owerri Airport for 2007. But i suppose that was when Port Harcourt Int'l was being refurbished as its figures were quite low (less tha 5,000) for the year.

It's funny though, as the preceeding pages on Aviation compared statistics for the '4 leading Airports in the country'. shocked And i ask, 'Leading' according to hard statistical facts? Or is it 'leading' according to the whims of the owners of Nigeria at the time?

I don't know where you got those figures from, but they look highly suspect undecided; looks to me like someones been busy massaging figures and cooking the books grin.

'Leading', I am guessing they meant 'international airports'.

Anyway, the information is provided. This will help the discussion
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
http://www.faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2009-Annual-Aircraft-Movement.pdf

https://www.nairaland.com/download/589927

^^^I found a post made by FACE last year, and i thought i should repost it to help with comparisons. It's a more recent statistic.

I guess most Northerners now prefer Abuja airport to Kano.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
jason123:

cheesy
I checked the pages you mention and I didn't find anything.

'Leading', I am guessing they meant 'international airports'.

Anyway, the information is provided. This will help the discussion

^^^So you agree you were wrong?

These things are all about politics and don't follow any rational/economic-driven process.
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by jason123: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^So you agree you were wrong?

These things are all about politics and don't follow any rational/economic-driven process.

Yes, I admit it! Apologies!
Re: Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) by FACE(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
jason123:

I guess most Northerners now prefer Abuja airport to Kano.

I don't think so. Nearly all the northern states have their own functional federal government built airports. Kano is nearly 500KM away from kano. Why would anyone living near Katsina, Yola, Kaduna,Jos, Ilorin prefer Abuja airport, which is moons away from their local airports ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Truly Sad Day! Cameroon Soldiers Escort Back Nigerian Troops / What Was Bukola Saraki Doing,sitting On This Dirty Pavement? (photo) / Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.