Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (255179 Views)

'we'll Fix Power Supply Problems In 3 Years,' - Buhari / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable / List Of The Problems Affecting Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by diordaves(m): 11:44am On May 20, 2012
gboss4sure: Right from day 1 of Nigeria, the problem has been the North and the solution is to give them their own country or divide the nation cause as long as the North with the mentality is still in Nigeria there won't be peace.

Or GEJ should select one part of the north that is the most violent and nuke them, then others will go and rest.

So you truly think with the splitting of the country into North and South is the solution ? Well let me disappoint you, because from your call to break-up, just like me you are from the south. That "peace" you think breakup will achieve may only reside in the North with their "mentality". How ? Because apart from the recent unfortunate incidence of Boko Haram, all the centrifugal forces that threaten the very existence of this nation reside in the South.

The North is more homogeneous than the South. They (North), speak the same language (have a lingua Franca),they have a majority religion (Islam)which has a bonding appeal (social cohesion), at times of crisis, the North usually speak with one voice (unanimity of purpose)and the Northern folks relative to the South have more faith and trust in their leaders and traditional institutions (docile followership). These are the "natural elements" and salient catalyst for development for any new nation state a breakup will create. Now compare this to the cacophony of ethnic restlessness, religious bigotry and political prostitution in the South. Don't forget to factor in the numerous nation states in the south with no lingua franca, jostling for access to oil wealth(?).

With any breakup like you call for, the North stands a better chance to remain in terms of geographic block, as one big Islamic country with relatively little chance of internal strife (war) than the south with a current and present danger to implode.

2 Likes

Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 20, 2012
poor internet connection. Computer science should be made a compulsory course in both d primary, secondry nd tertiary institution. This wil enlighten people nd equip them to solve our poor internet challenges.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by stanech: 2:55pm On May 20, 2012
Problem 1 Politicians

Solution Kill them all.

Problem 2. Notherners

Solution Cut them off
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by odusola1: 3:19pm On May 20, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]

well, in my own view i think one of those greates problems Nigeria has is; this nation is full of hungry men than the satisfied. we are poor in the use of our mind and determination. We are all traitors to our own God's given will and power.
soln1: I think all Nigeria need are men who will be able to say "no!" and stand for it come what may.
soln2: Another thing that could make this nation grow is not grammar, but let's stop exchanging our mineral resources for Dollar, but for Technology, that way Nigeria can increase quality in the area of productivity involved, both accademic and other aspects.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by cardoso111(m): 11:13pm On May 20, 2012
LITHt. The immediate solution is solar technology.we have abundant sunshine and it is there for us
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 3:43am On May 21, 2012
The major problem in Nigeria is TRIBALISM and the only solution is to say No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.

1 Like

Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by NwaBiafra: 4:04am On May 21, 2012
ANTITRIBALISM: The major problem in Nigeria is TRIBALISM and the only solution is to say No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.

So you are asking america to drop nuclear bombs on all the tribes, or are you just bored with tribalism, people hate people that is a fact.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by 1025: 12:12pm On May 21, 2012
i want to divide the problems of nigeria into 3 different categories viz;
1. pdp/corruption
2. corruption/pdp
3. pdp +- corruption

the only realistic solution is a jerry rawlings formula. my bible tells me that from the days of John the Baptist, the kigndom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.
killing the right ppl will bring nigeria back on track. bloods must be spilled and heads must roll for nigeria to move forward.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Basseti: 10:05pm On May 21, 2012
The biggest problems are POWER and ROADS.

Any government that decides to tackle this issue would have gone long way in making Nigeria an economic power house.

A lot of mouths will be fed and 80 percent of the restiveness that results in MEND, MASSOB, BOKO HARAM would have been eliminated.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Sirniyeh(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2012
The solution to Nigeria problem has not been mentioned all this while. Even if we split into ten, there is still going to be problem. I dont even pray to split. But if all will agree with me, one paramount thing that can calm this trouble and profer lasting solution is to introduce AILELA or OGUN or SANPONAN (Ibo call it Odeshi) for all politicians to swear with. Shikena. Imagine the Oluomo of Ogun, OGD, he did it for all his cabinet and succeeded in his wicked term. If introduced, politicians will reduce and money will be spent judiciously. Because it is mismanagement problem we are facing in Nigeria. If you know that when you divert public fund to your purse you can die of accident, mindset will change. Simple solution. Do you all agree with me
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by omokidew: 10:34am On May 22, 2012
I believe i have about 4-6 ideas that are practical but only if the government is genuinely dedicated to implementing them.. I strongly believe my ideas would cut poverty by up to 90% or maybe more and create millions of jobs in the process.. Reduce the the cost of living and make cash readily available to small and medium scale businesses.. Make public service salary and pension stable while eliminating ghost workers in the process.. I have no doubt that my idea would put millions of Nigerians into work within 18-24 months.. Reduce corruption in the local government level and increase development at the same level.. Boost public service performance and increase needed infrastructural development within the entire country. Am an idealist and i do believe i have something to offer the country. kiss
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by ortopazz(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2012
we dnt lyk our own which is a problem, just imagine, if The westernerz invent and they need prospective investorz, Nigerians wnt hesitate, buh we have never supported any invention that Nigerians have done, NTA international always exposes our talents yet we dnt see the need or our so called politicians dont see the need to support them.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by ortopazz(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2012
Nigerians have enormous talent, a pool of em' we should invest in this talent, imagine NaIRaLanD, has boomed not because AmErIcans promoted it, but because NIGERIANS NIGERIANS NIGERIANS supported it, I mean if we draw this believe to erything we do we are sure to be the best at whatever we might do or even want to do.

OK THE same spiritus wiv our dear super Eagles, even when we look at other leagues, we still turn up en masse for their sake, I believe if we plunge thz attitude of committment irrespective of whatever we sure will be Africans giant without doubt.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Niceguy2112(m): 6:30am On Mar 25, 2013
mediocrity, thats Nigeria's problem. The only solution is to step up our game.
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by rareman(m): 9:34am On Mar 25, 2013
the problem of Nigeria is Nigerians, the solution is change of attitude. We are quick to point out the problem of our leaders accuse them and abuse them rightly or wrongly, but we forget one thing they are true reflection of who we are
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by weaklya: 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by mikolo80: 12:05am On Sep 03, 2016
dasparrow:

I am not going to start listing any problems or solutions because anyone who grew up in Nigeria or temporarily lived there for an extended period of time knows the problem with Nigeria. I also want to believe that the average Nigerian knows what needs to be done to rectify the problems we face as a nation. Several nairalanders have in several threads listed and offered solutions over the years. If the ruling elite does not want to take any advice because they are benefitting from the current corrupt system of things, then there is nothing anyone can do other than maybe split up the country.
simple question
This is how they fail exam
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by mikolo80: 12:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Gbawe:
@OP

There is no need for a list.

The main problem of Nigeria is our retrogressive federal structure that encourages everyone to loot profligately , once "na our turn", and discourages/erodes the notion of national pride.

I think, in this day and age, there are vast advantages to our unity and togertherness we should not throw away frivolously because Nigerians, first and foremost, are given to always seeking solutions that prevent us from clashing with our leaders to demand what we all know will surely bring the change we want.

The PDP , through the actions of its politicians who are the most powerful and influential in the land, has caused all Nigeria's problems since 1999. It is uselesss, for example, expecting a potent PIB quickly under a pro-elite and anti-people senate President such as David Mark. It is inane expecting aggressive and brave reforms under gradualists like Yar Adua and GEJ who never aspired to be President let alone know what to do with the position. It is reduntant expecting to see a Nigeria that works for everyone under OBJ - the ultimate opportunist given to an oligarchic style that enriches and empowers a few stupendously with majority of Nigerians settling for mere 'tokens'.

What Nigerians must try to do is come together to support the emergence of a brave and equitable President who will be an enabler of progress rather than a stumbling block to development as we have had for the past 13 years under the PDP.

Under such a President, especially if he puts a genuinely transformational team together, we will see or can demand things that will vastly accelerate the progress of Nigeria, stimulate growth and encourage healthy competition through States and region taking advantage of a truly level playing field. Under such a team, the federal government, for once, can be an enabler of progress instead of the destroyer of development it has been for the past 13 years.

Issues that will aid development will include:

Constitution amendment to tackle the many issues PDP Governments currently pretend the constitution prevents them from tackling e.g GEJ's pathetic announcement that "leaner Government not possible" because of constitutional provisions. Man makes the law and not the other way round. A reforming President will know that man must not be held captive by amendable laws.

A look at sincere and brave reform of the Police force to improve security. We all know inward flow of Investments, tourism et al suffer when security is poor. We need leaders who will place the security of Nigeria as a non-negotiable priority instead of those, first and foremost, driven by the notion of keeping our NPF as it is so they gain a force they can always control and use partisanly. This idea, simplistically, will benefit many public organisations because it is about making institutions stronger and thus ensuring they deliver as orignally concieved.

Genuine privatisation of the Power sector with an uncompromised committment to dealing with anyone who constitutes their own personal interest into a stumbling block against that of a Nation in an age adequate electricity is virtually taken for granted worldwide.

A sincere reform of our oil and gas sector that will first involve leaders looking at the sector as a way to vastly and aggressively improve the fortunes of Nigeria instead of a method of stupendous personal self-aggrandizement. Sincerity of leadership, for example, would have seen the PIB emerge long ago to be serving Nigeria's interest as we speak instead of the reality we all accept feebly.

A comprehensive overhaul of the education sector is in order too. Nothing predisposes a nation to failure more than a poorly educated adult population unable to think critically, troubleshoot and provide solutions plus challenge misrule unanimously and effectively.

There are many others and I will add more later.
this is how they failj exam o
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by mikolo80: 12:16am On Sep 03, 2016
joeyfire:
The problems are legion but the solutions are few.

Solution 1: Spring Cleaning of the political class and senior govt officials. Weed out, flowers remain
how
Soluion 2: Restructure the present so called federal structure
how
Solution 3: rigorously and thoroughly re-orient the ppl of his country. Massive orientation programmes should move into action or else the naija mindset will never change and in twenty years we'll be back to square one
how
Solution 4: Ban all secret societies and tthroughly eradicate them off the face of this nation
how
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by mikolo80: 12:21am On Sep 03, 2016
ortopazz:
Many of us deeply feel for the Nigerian chaos buh can do nothing, after observing and despite calls to believe that there's seriously no silver lining at naija's own tunnel, I believe we've got potentials and we can make it!

Buh problems with the Nigerian case is we've defied logic, rather than growing from a stage to another we move progressively retrogressively, i mean it's a cause to worry! About!!

So what do u think can savage our situation, list the problems and possible solutions

at least this thread wil be a remembrance of my buffday! 4eva!
private sector should rebuild economy (invest in farms and factories instead of importing)
More money more power to dictate to politicians
Dictate infrastructure needs to now subservient politicians
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Blue3k(m): 1:06am On Sep 04, 2016
I have an easy solution for electrity. Simply decentralize power industry and let investors provide power. Let states set up their own grids outside of national grid if they choose to. Copy the United States model in grid but with a few improvememts with smart grid technology.

USA is actually 3 separate grids that power country. We can do same or more. Maybe Northern Grid, Western Grid, eastern grid. Certen grid in south south can handle there own grid.

Change laws making it illegal for states not to distribute power to citezens directly.

Let explore other options to power country effienctly. Our first priority is to get power and industrialize. Our sources include biomass, coal, gas, hydro, solar etc. Let's let private power providers work that out.

Distribution need to be improved because transmission loss is 35%. Only way to fix this is massive investment.

Engineers need to lead operations of grid.

Links to understand topics.
http://energy.gov/articles/top-9-things-you-didnt-know-about-americas-power-grid

http://smooth981.fm/why-we-cant-distribute-electricity-to-lagos-residents-fashola/

http://m.energy.siemens.com/us/en/energy-topics/publications/power-engineering-guide/index.htm
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Blue3k(m): 4:22am On Sep 04, 2016
Blue3k:
I have an easy solution for electrity. Simply decentralize power industry and let investors provide power. Let states set up their own grids outside of national grid if they choose to. Copy the United States model in grid but with a few improvememts with smart grid technology.

USA is actually 3 separate grids that power country. We can do same or more. Maybe Northern Grid, Western Grid, eastern grid. Certen grid in south south can handle there own grid.

Change laws making it illegal for states not to distribute power to citezens directly.

Let explore other options to power country effienctly. Our first priority is to get power and industrialize. Our sources include biomass, coal, gas, hydro, solar etc. Let's let private power providers work that out.

Distribution need to be improved because transmission loss is 35%. Only way to fix this is massive investment.

Engineers need to lead operations of grid.

Someone here said maybe section of country should focus on easily available stuff. Example easter do Coal and natural gas, North does Hydro, solar and gas, Western does gas and what ever else supplemented.

We're a countryof 170 million people generating less 5k electricity. This only supplies us 10hrs power max. Our population expected to grow and we have yet to truly industrialize. We need focus on cheap, clean power over expensive environmentalism. CO2 isn't worst thing in world.

Links to understand topics.
http://energy.gov/articles/top-9-things-you-didnt-know-about-americas-power-grid

http://smooth981.fm/why-we-cant-distribute-electricity-to-lagos-residents-fashola/

http://m.energy.siemens.com/us/en/energy-topics/publications/power-engineering-guide/index.htm

http://www.moralcaseforfossilfuels.com/
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by cbravo2: 3:39am On Apr 11, 2017
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by cbravo3: 3:45am On Apr 11, 2017
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by cbravo3: 8:30am On May 01, 2017
THE EFFECT OF HUMAN RELATION IN SOLVING ORGANIZATIONAL CONFLICTS IN NIGERIA INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/public-administration/effect-human-relation-solving-organizational-conflicts-nigeria-institution-higher-learning/
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Blue3k(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2017
I wrote threads explaining how I'd solve issues on a broad range of topic.

Industrialization:
● Higher export potential to ECOWAS
● Cut majority of imports
● economic growth in other sectors such as mining

https://www.nairaland.com/3496315/long-term-agriculture-not-way

Marijuana legalization:
● less young people in jail
● Increase tax revenue
● medical research and tourism

https://www.nairaland.com/3707843/legalize-indian-hemp-ease-recession

Economic and energy diversification:
● revive coal mines
● increase energy supply
● negotiate with strong hand with Niger Delta militants
● increase industrial capacity

https://www.nairaland.com/3624845/how-make-niger-delta-oil

Herdsmen conflict solutions:
● more meat and diary production through ranching
● private property protection
● save more lives

https://www.nairaland.com/3587636/solution-herdsmen-farmer-conflicts

https://www.nairaland.com/3419292/how-protect-land-herdsmen

Local Government autonomy:
● grassroot development
● increase democracy

https://www.nairaland.com/3744204/no-tyrannical-governors-yes-local

Local police forces
● more secruity
● accountability of police
● less bias to towards certain groups

https://www.nairaland.com/3768272/why-nigeria-needs-state-local
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by Bowlexzy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, I am Samuel Bolu; Freelance computer technician, product manager, web content strategist and social media manager. I have worked with eCommerce companies and also small medium enterprise to help manage and monitor their sites. So do you want to start selling your products on Konga, Jumia, Bargainmaster, SME Markethub etc or you need your products on your site? Or are you new to e-commerce? And you need help registering and uploading your products? With marketing that increases sales? I am Looking for brilliant and exciting idea to help product manage. If you are running an e-commerce company, contact me if you need a product manager and management help. 07035943189 or 08154326177

https://www.nairaland.com/3844154/need-web-content-strategist-e-commerce
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by mcdavies4: 12:34am On Oct 21, 2017
Re: List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution by tck2000(m): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2019
kjhova:
@bluetooth, wow! Dats very deep! Lol. How do we treat GEJ's eff up by d way? Shoot him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian States And What They Produce / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) / 2019 Presidential Election: Live Updates And Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.