Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi (3850 Views)

Poll: WHICH OF THESE 5 NEW AFRICAN NATIONS WILL BE THE GAINT OF AFRICA IN 2050?

REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA: 65% (15 votes)
REPUBLIC OF ODUDUWA: 17% (4 votes)
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA: 0% (0 votes)
UNITED STATES OF NIGER-DELTA: 13% (3 votes)
CONFEDERATION OF MIDDLE-BELT: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Nigeria MUST Break Up In Buhari's Tenure - BIAFRANS / A Must Read - Why Nigeria Must Break Up Now / Nigeria Must Break Up To Enjoy Peace -primate Ayodele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by kingkoboko: 9:10am On May 18, 2012
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common with unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

- Calvin Coolidge

“To choose the right moment in which to act is the great art of men…” Napolean Bonaparte

I have been watching the fast pace with which the so-called country of Nigeria has been tumbling towards tragedy. I have been watching the tragedy it has become for its peoples. I have been watching the disgrace it has become for those who carry its green passports. I have reached the conclusion that salvaging Nigeria is a mission impossible. I have reached the conclusion that breaking up Nigeria is the only viable option. There is no other way out.

I am aware that there are many who mouth UNITY every day when in fact they do not believe in it. I am aware there are people who keep chanting that TRIBALISM is our bane when indeed it is our real strength. I am aware that most of us like to be politically correct and say, Nigeria must unite when in fact we all know that breaking it up is the best thing for the peoples of this geographical expression.

I look through the various component ethnic groups in Nigeria and I am not able to identify a single one that expresses satisfaction. The Edo is not satisfied. The Mumuye is not satisfied. The Ibiobio is not satisfied. The Efik is not satisfied. The Anang is not satisfied. The Ijaw is not satisfied. The Igbo is not satisfied. The Nupe is not satisfied. The Agatu is not satisfied. The Magale is not satisfied. The Yoruba is not satisfied. The Kataf is not satisfied. The Kanuri is not satisfied. The Ogoni is not satisfied. The Karekare is not satisfied. The Tiv is not satisfied. The Khana is not satisfied. The Lamang is not satisfied. Even the Hausa-Fulani is not satisfied.

It is my view that the silent majority are angling to extricate themselves from the contraption called Nigeria. It is obvious that every ethnic group wants deliverance from the bondage called Nigeria. It is evident that no one believes in the quagmire called Nigeria. None of us has any emotional connection to the country called Nigeria. It is not ours. It is not our making. It does not belong to us. No one wants it.

Nigeria is not a nation. It is a country of nations. These component nations desire to be independent nation-states. A country or a nation (for the purpose of this context) is more than the physical buildings. It is more than a beautiful Capital Territory. It is more than the existence of powerful armed forces. It is more than a government that controls.

A nation, to exist has to be ingrained in the psyche of its citizens. There has to be that emotional connection. It has to run as blood in the veins and marrow in the bones of those who subscribe to it. A nation is that consummated indescribable feelings that command the unalloyed love, permeated with buoyant affection and infused with unsolicited loyalty of those who subscribe to it. A nation is that which is patently invisible but translucently obvious and recurrent in the gliding waves of the sea of sub-consciousness, of its people.

This is not the case with Nigeria. We all have nothing in common. Our aspirations are different. Our hopes are different. Our dreams are different. Our primordial attachment is very strong. No one likes to be dominated. No one likes to be in bondage. No one likes to be enslaved. No one likes it when others take advantage of him or his/her people. We are all ethnic jingoists. Yet we are unwilling to accept it. We are all in denial. We all pretend to be Nigeria lovers, when indeed we all hate Nigeria. Our ethnic group is where we derive our identity. It is where we derive our worldview. It is where we derive and form our character. It is what describes us as human beings. It is the kernel of our authenticity. It is what makes us unique. It is what makes us special.

As I wrote elsewhere, a Yoruba man anywhere in the world would do his best to raise his children in Yoruba ways. An Ijaw man would do the same. An Igbo man would do the same. An Efik man would do the same. A Kanuri man would do the same. A Mumuye man would do the same. An Edo man would do the same. Every man would do the same. None of us would raise his child as a Nigerian. This is because Nigeria does not exist in our consciousness. It is not in our psyche. There is no emotional connection. There is no cultural connection. There is no identity connection. There is no sense of belonging of any sort.

It is noteworthy that those mouthing ONE NIGERIA are those benefiting from the tragedy represented by Nigeria. Those who are advocating that Nigeria remains one are doing so not because they love Nigeria, but because they love their pockets. They are the ones who get the big contracts and refuse to execute them. They are the ones who appeal to the primordial sentiments when they lose out in the struggle for the loot. They are the ones who mouth national unity when they get inflated contracts. They are the ones who have no regard for their own people back in their communities. They are the ones who care less for the sufferings of the poor. They are the ones who live ostentatiously and flaunt their wealth to make poor people envious.

They are the ones who are quick to point to their friends in other ethnic groups as if, were Nigeria to break up that friendship would cease. I have Ghanaian friends. I have Togolese friends. I have Senegalese friends. I have Liberian friends. I have American friends. I have British friends. This does not mean that we have to be in the same country to remain friends.

There are those who tout inter-marriage, as a reason Nigeria should remain one. This is balderdash. I know many Igbo who are married to Americans. I know many Yoruba who are married to Germans or British. I know many Ghanaians who are married to peoples from the geographical location called Nigeria. This does not mean that they necessarily have to come from the same country to remain married.

It is my view that there would be better relationships among the peoples of the different nations of Nigeria if each were to control its destiny. It is my view that there would likely be more friendships across the new borders. There would likely be more marriages across the new borders. There would be less hostility across the new borders. There would be more geniality across the new borders. All we need is just go for it and break up Nigeria.

Nigeria is not a viable entity. It is a tragedy. It is a misnomer. It should cease existence. We all have to go our different ways. This is more so because this is what we all want severally. We all do not want Nigeria. We are all dissatisfied with Nigeria. Nigeria has betrayed us. Our hopes are dashed. Our dreams are unrealizable within the Nigerian structure.

Those who work hard are in penury. Those whose lands are producing the resources are in poverty. Nigeria deprives those who value education. Nigeria impedes those who value cattle rearing. Nigeria constricts those who want to be international businessmen. Nigeria is rebuffing those who want to make Arabic education a priority. Nigeria is holding back those who want to jump into the age of technology. Nigeria is denying those who want Sharia law. Nigeria is depriving those who want a secular state.

Nigeria is impeding those who want merit. Nigeria is humiliating those who value integrity. Nigeria is disgracing those who want self-respect and dignity. Nigeria incubates crime and criminals. Nigeria is lawless. Nigeria encourages uncouthness. Nigeria encourages abuse of elders. It disparages the youth. It undermines our age long traditions.

I am not a religious person. I hate churches. I loathe mosques. But something nudges me about the existence of the Supreme Being. Though, I am not sure about this, I am willing to entertain myself with the thoughts of such. To this extent, I am declaring that I have the proof that Nigeria exists against the WILL of ELEDUMARE.

I do not know about the Jewish Yahweh. I do not know about the Christian God. I do not know about the Islamic Allah. But I know that the Eledumare of Yoruba people is not deaf. He does not wait 47 years without responding to supplications as the Christian God and Islamic Allah have obviously done. The Yoruba Eledumare is swift and effective. But the problem is that the Yoruba have abandoned their Eledumare for the Christian God and the Islamic Allah. Now they are in quandary. They are in disarray. They are in dilemma. They are in predicament. I believe this problem is replicated among most of the ethnic nations in the geographical location referred to as Nigeria.

We have abandoned our roots. We have abandoned our fore fathers. We have abandoned our ways. We have abandoned our identities. We go around in borrowed robes. We are following the wrong faiths. This is why the prayers would never avail Nigeria. This is why Nigeria would NEVER make it. It is why Nigeria would break up whether we like it or not.

Why, for example, should the Ogonis remain in Nigeria when they are bigger than 22 countries represented in the United Nations in terms of population? Why? After all there is a country (Monaco) represented in the United Nations which size is just 1 square mile! Then talk about the Edo nation. Talk about the Efik nation. Talk about the Igbo nation. Talk about the Tiv nation. Talk about the Nupe nation. Talk about the Yoruba nation. Talk about the Hausa/Fulani nation among many other nations chained together in bondage and subjugation in the Nigerian miasma. Why do we all choose to believe the lies that Nigeria cannot break into as many countries as the peoples of the presented geographical location called Nigeria want?

The Hausa/Fulani should consciously seek their freedom from this miserable Nigeria. They could go it all alone. If Burkina –Faso and Niger Republic could survive, the Hausa/Fulani could survive too. The Katafs need to be free from Nigeria. The Igbo have to be free from Nigeria. The Ijaw have to emancipate from Nigeria. The Yoruba have to extricate from Nigeria. The Edo have to disentangle from Nigeria. The Efik must seek freedom from the Nigerian burden. The Tivs should throw off the yoke of Nigeria. We all must work together to consign Nigeria to the dustbin of history. It is Nigeria’s destiny. It must break up.

If Nigeria breaks up, it would increase the competition among all of us. Those who want to move fast to develop would do so. Those who want to slow down would do so. Those who want Sharia would move to adopt it. Those who want to be an extension of the Vatican City could do so. Those who want to educate their citizens could do so. Those who want to rear cattle would do so. Those who love Osama Bin Laden could follow him. Those who want a Taliban dominated nation would have the freedom to do so.

The Yoruba nation is saddled with the governments it loathes. The Yoruba nation is prevented from following its vision. The Yoruba nation is impeded from the pursuit of its dreams. The Yoruba nation is made to abandon its true character under duress. The Yoruba nation is made to denounce its true self under the threat of economic and political annihilation. The Yoruba nation has had its fabric torn to tatters. The Yoruba nation has fallen to the in-house enemy in Olusegun Obasanjo and his clique. All these have been possible because the Yoruba nation is chained to the tragedy called Nigeria.

This is true of every other nation within the Nigerian contraption. Nigeria must break up. It is the only way out. It is the only means to realize our dreams, severally. It is the only way to realize our hopes, severally. It is the way we can stop the renegades from representing us. I am sure that Andy Ubah does not represent the real Igbo people. I know that Chief Lamidi Adedibu may be “strong” in Ibadan. But Ibadan is not the entire Yorubaland. I know that Muhamadu Buhari does not speak for the entire Hausa/Fulani people.

I am aware that Olusegun Obasanjo is not a Yoruba man. I am aware there are so many traitors from the Niger Delta who feast on the misery of their people. I am aware there are many politicians who revel in the tragedy that the lives of their people represent. It is time to stop them by breaking up Nigeria.

If it were within a Hausa Fulani nation, Sani Abacha could not have emerged Head of State. If it were within the Igbo nation Andy Ubah would not be relevant. If it were within the Yoruba nation, Olusegun Obasanjo would be a persona non grata. Nigeria is incubating them and their ilk. Nigeria is rearing them and their ilk. Nigeria is protecting them and their ilk. Nigeria is feeding them and their ilk. This is one of the most important reasons why Nigeria must break up.

We all want to have our nation-states where we can hold people accountable. We need to do away with the protective evil umbrella that Nigeria spreads over the evil doers in our respective nations. We ought to stop pretending that we want Nigeria. Nigeria must break up. We all need to work towards this. It is the best option available.

I know breaking up Nigeria is a titanic task. I know most people are afraid to express this truism. I know most people are scared to contemplate this reality. But I am convinced that this is the DESTINY of Nigeria. I know that those who are benefiting from the Nigerian misery would resist. But we have to take a cue from Calvin Coolidge to be persistent and determined.

I call on the nations of Nigeria to begin their liberation from Lord Lugard’s contraption. The DESTINY of Nigeria is the freedom of all nations subjugated under its misnomer. Nigeria can never give us peace. It must break into pieces. It is Nigeria’s DESTINY.

REMI OYEYEMI

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by LogicMind: 9:38am On May 18, 2012
Thanks Remi Oyeyemi.
This is one of the best articles on nl.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 9:42am On May 18, 2012
Biafra remains a viable alternative in this quest for black Jewish nationhood

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by kingkoboko: 2:16pm On May 18, 2012
Remi Oyeyemi's article is a masterpiece!! It 1st appeared on dis other site
( http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/remi-oyeyemi/why-nigeria-must-break-up.html )
I thot d people of Nairaland mst read it.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by courage89(m): 2:29pm On May 18, 2012
Why Nigeria may not break up .

Much has been said about Nigeria breaking up. It’s good that such issues come up, at least, to evoke discourse. But, can Nigeria break up? Yes she can. Will she break up? No, she may not.

Nigeria is a conspiracy. Though a negative attribute, yet it works for its sustenance. The multi-ethnic make-up of the country has hardly identified common binds except the officially professed ones. The consequence is a web of underlying suspicion of the actual intent of each group. When a group makes bold to cross the invisible redline, the rest gang up against it. This makes it difficult to roll through no matter the justification backing the risk-taker. Watching the major ethnic groups, they’ve at various times offended one another. That makes each lie in wait for an auspicious time to revenge. Each of them knows it and is therefore cautious. That’s how they’ve found themselves in a situation of ‘leave: not yet; stay: not quite’.

Beneath the major ethnic groups is an avalanche of minorities who don’t trust one another and yet collectively distrust the majority groups. The emergence of Jonathan as president has given them place; because they can’t stand effectively, they join others, cooperate when they must and stir up when they can. The majority groups are therefore compelled to take it slow to truly understand their direction. Fear and suspicion therefore seem to be the uncanny strings holding Nigeria. Again, Nigeria is a regular visitor to the precipice. Precipice dwellers know her but because of her cunning ways, they let her go each time she comes to stay. Probably because they don’t want her deception and would prefer she remains in existence and deceive herself instead. That’s why she’s been escaping.

The entry of the military into governance checked merit out and might in. If you can muscle your way through, you’re right. They muscled their way through to power and with it built a web of loyalties working for them throughout the land. They became owners of wealth with their civilian cronies. Their overarching business interests reach beyond ethnicity and religion. Nigeria going means they going – and they don’t want to. They’re the ones you often hear say, ‘I’ll defend Nigeria with the last pint of my blood.’ It isn’t about Nigeria, rather her streaming surpluses to them. Even if some ethnic groups want to put up resistance, the money-power of this bourgeois group would buy up loyalty enough to break the resistance from within. That’s where corruption plays a positive role. Within the ethnic groups, people’s voices say yes, their appetite for lucre says no, and before you say ‘haaam’, they’ve ‘crossed over’.

There’s also the centre-periphery syndrome. If you’re hounded in the state and are well connected in the centre, you could call in the centre to defeat your end. Invariably, if the interest of the centre is to keep Nigeria together and that of the state/ethnic group is to separate, one from within mustering the central power can defeat his people and claim to be fighting for the unity of Nigeria, though it’s tacitly about him. I don’t think the Intelligence Report on the possible break-up of Nigeria took cognizance of these internal dynamics. Add these to the fact that almighty oil is still flowing and its sister liquefied gas is surging. Just when you think the people should experience a little pain to start acting better, a bonanza flows from nowhere to cover all their sins. So, who’s going?

The farthest Nigeria can go is find a much better working structure that would enable its peoples coil more inwards but still spread tentacles to sip where possible. Even that restructuring will be greeted with suspicion, unless perhaps there’s a trans-ethnic coalition of powerful minds vast in the jives of the centre and jingles in the periphery. If by stroke of luck she gets a leader that can steer her strong and right, the yearnings for separation may cease; and if by same a better leader succeeds him, separation may be postponed. But that’s just a conjecture.

The only foreseeable situation that can bring about a break-up is when a region goes to the extreme to the detriment of others. That may cause the offended to pull together to redefine things exclusively to their favour. This would see two or more regions coming together to draw the line of difference and head their separate directions. At that point, you’d hear the scream of the bourgeois. Did you hear some powerful northern voices call Boko-Haram ‘animals’? Aha, that’s when they’ve gone far enough to threaten underlying interests.

In all, the foreign script on Nigeria’s break-up can’t stand unless we say yes to it

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/37875-why-nigeria-may-not-break-up
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:32pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: Biafra remains a viable alternative in this quest for black Jewish nationhood

Hmm I have read Research on the lost Black Jews in the East.. will it materialize, parallel stories and events between Israel and Biafra
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 7:04pm On May 18, 2012
You guys. Take a deep breath, then go to the 'Nigerians please!' thread then read through with an open mind. Thank you
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Afam4eva(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: Biafra remains a viable alternative in this quest for black Jewish nationhood
I beg you to please stop calling Igbos jews. Why must you attach yourself to something else to be relevant?
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 8:24pm On May 18, 2012
You people calling yourselves Jews do not even know who a Jew is! Its quite laughable that a christian will call himself a Jew!
A jew is someone who does not believe that Jesus christ is the promised messiah from God. Till today, thee Jews are still waiting for their messiah. In fact, it was the Jews who pushed for the death of Jesus christ even when pilate had washed his hands off him! Till today, Jews still believe or should I say, choose to believe that Jesus never rose from the dead.
And some people here (christians) are calling themselves jews just so that they can raise their "Biafran flag"? #smh
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by LogicMind: 8:50pm On May 18, 2012
Sweetlemon: You people calling yourselves Jews do not even know who a Jew is! Its quite laughable that a christian will call himself a Jew!
A jew is someone who does not believe that Jesus christ is the promised messiah from God. Till today, thee Jews are still waiting for their messiah. In fact, it was the Jews who pushed for the death of Jesus christ even when pilate had washed his hands off him! Till today, Jews still believe or should I say, choose to believe that Jesus never rose from the dead.
And some people here (christians) are calling themselves jews just so that they can raise their "Biafran flag"? #smh

You are what you call yourself.
Jesus was a jew. Infact he was a rabbi preaching in their synagogues. So shut up.
Biafran flag is already raised.
If you don't like it, you can emigrate to arewa republic.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 9:00pm On May 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

Jesus was a jew. Infact he was a rabbi preaching in their synagogues. So shut up.
Oga, Jesus was born by Jesus parents but he brought in christianity. I know the hard truths I'm saying here is too bitter for your pride to gulp down all at once. But I beg you to at least try to understand what I'm trying to say. Thank you
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 9:01pm On May 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

Oga, Jesus was born by Jewish parents but he brought in christianity which the Jews killed him for. I know the hard truths I'm saying here are too bitter for your pride to gulp down all at once. But I beg you to at least try to understand what I'm trying to say. Thank you
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by kingkoboko: 9:12pm On May 18, 2012
My African brothers & sisters, pls vote in d poll I jst added above. I voted 4 my Biafra of course. Wat bout u?
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 9:13pm On May 18, 2012
And as for that poll up there, I'm very sorry to say that if Nigeria breaks into all those countries and more (cos the simple truth is that if Nigeria breaks, it will be into at least 20 countries!) it will be so bloody that you might not even be alive to see Ghana or south Africa claiming the converted giants of Africa title! How many post-war countries have you seen flourishing? It beats me how some people can believe that breaking up a country as Nigeria will just be a matter of "sharpening your cutlasses" and "polishing/loading your guns"!
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 18, 2012
Sweetlemon: You people calling yourselves Jews do not even know who a Jew is! Its quite laughable that a christian will call himself a Jew!
you speak like an individual deprieved of essential knowledge in the genalogical history of the different people that constitutes this entity called *NIGERIA* My sister Jew is an identity(e.g igbo,hausa,ijaw,yoruba etc) while Judaism is a religion(e.g moslems,christians,paganism etc). Therefore , our being Jews got absolutely nothing to do with religion, infact many Jews in Israel are christians and do believe in Christ(messaic Jews) whereas the orthodox jews are conservatives. Biafrans are Jews(decendants of Gad;10th son of Jacob) that fact is not questionable whether we practice Judaism,christianity,buddaism,islam,or paganis is not relevant. Afterall we have many hausa christians in the north vice versa. I rest my case- God bless Biafra and may the enemies of Zion perish in utter darkness!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 9:34pm On May 18, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: you speak like an individual deprieved of essential knowledge in the genalogical history of the different people that constitutes this entity called *NIGERIA* My sister Jew is an identity(e.g igbo,hausa,ijaw,yoruba etc) while Judaism is a religion(e.g moslems,christians,paganism etc). Therefore , our being Jews got absolutely nothing to do with religion, infact many Jews in Israel are christians and do believe in Christ(messaic Jews) whereas the orthodox jews are conservatives. Biafrans are Jews(decendants of Gad;10th son of Jacob) that fact is not questionable whether we practice Judaism,christianity,buddaism,islam,or paganis is not relevant. Afterall we have many hausa christians in the north vice versa. I rest my case- God bless Biafra and may the enemies of Zion perish in utter darkness!!
Excuse me, but how can one be a christian and not believe in Jesus christ who is the very essence and meaning of christianity? Does that make sense? And the Jews you keep linking yourselves with, do they even recognize your existence Have they at anytime called you their brothers So why claim family with them Excuse me? Hello! Like someone rightly said you do not have to claim another's heritage just to be relevant. It is low self esteem at it's peak! Be proud of your own skin, be proud of your own home! Nigerians! Let us learn to LOVE ourselves! I tell you, it will take us places we haven't even dreamed of!
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 18, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Excuse me, but how can one be a christian and not believe in Jesus christ who is the very essence and meaning of christianity? Does that make sense? And the Jews you keep linking yourselves with, do they even recognize your existence Have they at anytime called you their brothers So why claim family with them Excuse me? Hello! Like someone rightly said you do not have to claim another's heritage just to be relevant. It is low self esteem at it's peak! Be proud of your own skin, be proud of your own home! Nigerians! Let us learn to LOVE ourselves! I tell you, it will take us places we haven't even dreamed of!
my sister we are proud of ourselves thats the reason why an average igbo man will not hide his Jewish ancestral genaology. In 1995 some delegates were send to Aguleri and umueri in Anambra state by the then Israeli prime minister to ascertain how igbos are related to them many evidence was found. Umueri,Agulueri and Nri are towns in Anambra state where ancestors of the Igbos(ibo,igbo or Hebrews) migrating from israel first settled therefore the town Umueri and Agulueri means; (Eri is a biblical priest) UMU(meaning children in igbo) and ERI(the levi) so UMU+ERI="CHILDREN OF ERI" also Agulu Eri MEAN Agulu or Agbulu(meaning linage) so AGULU+ERI=LINAGE OF ERI. In 1917 a bronze star of David(most sacred jewish symbol) was dug out 500ft below the ancient palace of Nri Kingdom in igboland. Infact Igbo is the corrupt form of Hebrew(pronounced HEEBO) but the white men spelt it Ibo(instead of HEEBO OR HEBREW). Finally i repeat again Christianity,islam,buddaism etc is not the same as a peoples identity we being jews got nothing to do with religion which remains a personal choice. Not every Yoruba man is a christian likewise not every hausa man is a moslem. Biafrans are Jews the holy people of GOD created uniquely in the Image of Adonis(God)

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Onlytruth(m): 4:02am On May 19, 2012
I just added one feather to Remi Oyeyemi's cap. I never knew that this guy is this deep and consummate.
Great piece!
This article should be the BEST article I've ever read on Nairaland. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 5:46am On May 19, 2012
Is there anyway, people can vote for best article of the year!
I doubt if this article not gonna get a 99% vote

may gods of yoruba bless Remi Oyeyemi

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by PointB: 12:36pm On May 19, 2012
Remi's article captured the intricacies of Nigeria - the lies, deceits, that is the foundation of Nigeria.

The core northerners will always yearn for a Buhari to enthrone sharia across board, while core southerners will be ever ready to vote an Ibori or even a goat rather than see this agenda materialise. Nigeria will never make meaningful progress as presently constituted. Best we split country into component nations in the interest of all.

I agree with every bit of the article.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Dede1(m): 4:27pm On May 19, 2012
Sweetlemon: And as for that poll up there, I'm very sorry to say that if Nigeria breaks into all those countries and more (cos the simple truth is that if Nigeria breaks, it will be into at least 20 countries!) it will be so bloody that you might not even be alive to see Ghana or south Africa claiming the converted giants of Africa title! How many post-war countries have you seen flourishing? It beats me how some people can believe that breaking up a country as Nigeria will just be a matter of "sharpening your cutlasses" and "polishing/loading your guns"!

What is your problem if Nigeria breaks into 250 nations? Would the earth cease to produce the air we breathe if Nigeria disintegrates into 300 countries? Those who are afraid, scared or kick against the break-up of Nigeria constitute the bane and retrogressive nature of the country. There is no basis for unity in Nigeria and continuous existence of the cesspit creates a bomb of mass destruction that when exploded will make ethnic cleansing looks a child's play.

You also mentioned post war countries not flourishing. Does that include Nigeria? The question stems from the fact that since after Nigeria/Biafra civil war, Nigeria has headed into downward spiral.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 19, 2012
Dede1:

What is your problem if Nigeria breaks into 250 nations? Would the earth cease to produce the air we breathe if Nigeria disintegrates into 300 countries? Those who are afraid, scared or kick against the break-up of Nigeria constitute the bane and retrogressive nature of the country. There is no basis for unity in Nigeria and continuous existence of the cesspit creates a bomb of mass destruction that when exploded will make ethnic cleansing looks a child's play.

You also mentioned post war countries not flourishing. Does that include Nigeria? The question stems from the fact that since after Nigeria/Biafra civil war, Nigeria has headed into downward spiral.

DIM (Disintegration man) Dede1 is still busy at his disintegration project.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by dasparrow: 4:48pm On May 19, 2012
I enjoyed reading this well written article. It was very informative, straight to the point and highlights the problems keeping Nigeria in its present state of confusion. If we are not going to move forward as a nation, then maybe, just maybe, the country should split amicably. After all, Nigeria was lord luggard's sick idea and not the idea of the various ethnic groups that make up the entity we know as Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by ASOROCKb(m): 7:26pm On May 19, 2012
Great article
God Bless Biafra
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Sweetlemon(f): 9:11pm On May 19, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: my sister we are proud of ourselves thats the reason why an average igbo man will not hide his Jewish ancestral genaology. In 1995 some delegates were send to Aguleri and umueri in Anambra state by the then Israeli prime minister to ascertain how igbos are related to them many evidence was found. Umueri,Agulueri and Nri are towns in Anambra state where ancestors of the Igbos(ibo,igbo or Hebrews) migrating from israel first settled therefore the town Umueri and Agulueri means; (Eri is a biblical priest) UMU(meaning children in igbo) and ERI(the levi) so UMU+ERI="CHILDREN OF ERI" also Agulu Eri MEAN Agulu or Agbulu(meaning linage) so AGULU+ERI=LINAGE OF ERI. In 1917 a bronze star of David(most sacred jewish symbol) was dug out 500ft below the ancient palace of Nri Kingdom in igboland. Infact Igbo is the corrupt form of Hebrew(pronounced HEEBO) but the white men spelt it Ibo(instead of HEEBO OR HEBREW). Finally i repeat again Christianity,islam,buddaism etc is not the same as a peoples identity we being jews got nothing to do with religion which remains a personal choice. Not every Yoruba man is a christian likewise not every hausa man is a moslem. Biafrans are Jews the holy people of GOD created uniquely in the Image of Adonis(God)
You sure don't know how funny and desperate you sound! I won't argue with you anymore. But pls feel free to google the word 'Jew' in your spare time. Thank you
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 19, 2012
Sweetlemon:
You sure don't know how funny and desperate you sound! I won't argue with you anymore. But pls feel free to google the word 'Jew' in your spare time. Thank you
thats better.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by OK2NV3: 11:37pm On May 19, 2012
[size=20pt]The problem with Nigeria is not her diversity but her inability to lead equitably all who call themselves Nigerians.

The constitution is flawed and unfortunately, the only guys who can do something about it are just there in Abuja amassing bribe money and looking for contracts
in between partying and feeling over relevant with their new status as elected officials.[/size]
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by BrutalJab: 5:49am On Oct 01, 2017
Brave afonja man
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by kingkoboko: 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
PointB:
Remi's article captured the intricacies of Nigeria - the lies, deceits, that is the foundation of Nigeria.

The core northerners will always yearn for a Buhari to enthrone sharia across board, while core southerners will be ever ready to vote an Ibori or even a goat rather than see this agenda materialise. Nigeria will never make meaningful progress as presently constituted. Best we split country into component nations in the interest of all.

I agree with every bit of the article.

its jst as if u foresaw d emergence of Buhari. Hehehe...
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by PointB: 9:23am On Oct 02, 2017
kingkoboko:

its jst as if u foresaw d emergence of Buhari. Hehehe...

Not just that, including the baggages and challenges that will come with exalting a renowned bigot - Buhari!
Re: Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi by gidgiddy: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
Im quite shocked that a Yoruba man wrote this. I was expecting another long boring write-up about "restructuring"

Personally, I dont see how Nigeria can ever work

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Cabinet As A Prime Minister / Rochas And His Monumental Looting Of Imo State / Pictures Of President Goodluck Jonathan In Militry Uniform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.