Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Bankers' Forum - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (89950 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by manuelstud: 11:41am On Oct 05, 2009
@Finecat i wonder where you get your crap info from, i work in Oceanic, and i have been paid my salary till date, pls get ur facts right, that aint saying the sector hasnt become stressed, but in God we trust
Re: Bankers' Forum by IFELEKE(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2009
Finecat:

I know guys that works in Intercontinental and Oceanic. Intercontinental and oceanic did not pay their staff for the month of August and the pay was cut after it was received. The new MD of intercontinental said he was shocked to see how much the bank earmark on expenses every month, he said the bank can not obviously support the expenses. There are rumors that the bank plans on closing several branches.
finecat,
Your lack of knowledge astounds. . .
Re: Bankers' Forum by Finecat(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2009
manuelstud:

@Finecat i wonder where you get your crap info from, i work in Oceanic, and i have been paid my salary till date, pls get your facts right, that aint saying the sector hasnt become stressed, but in God we trust

Tell the truth, the bank missed a month of payment. You guys just got paid within the last 2 weeks. I'm  not surprised, you are a banker you will sugar coat your job even when the roof is falling. Yeye job.
Re: Bankers' Forum by okgerald(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
manuelstud:

@Finecat i wonder where you get your crap info from, i work in Oceanic, and i have been paid my salary till date, pls get your facts right, that aint saying the sector hasnt become stressed, but in God we trust

We just got our MD replaced in the just concluded CBN exercise and pray it wont affect us in anyway. God will help us
Re: Bankers' Forum by tkb417(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2009
Finecat:

Tell the truth, the bank missed a month of payment. You guys just got paid within the last 2 weeks. I'm not surprised, you are a banker you will sugar coat your job even when the roof is falling. Yeye job.
Finecat, this is why we are always at loggerheads

ure an unrepentant alarmist and the way u peddle falsehood is shameful

for real, did any of your friends tell you they were not paid for the month of August?
Re: Bankers' Forum by hni(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2009
well am so sorry on behalf of my friends and colleagues at iyana-ipaja branch,but all i would say is that you could probably try out my own branch at egbeda and taste a bit of superior customer scentrism before you conclude and probably look for another bank to consumate transactions with okay? once again am so sorry, lol 07037721707 or 08054732185
Re: Bankers' Forum by tkb417(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2009
hni:

well am so sorry on behalf of my friends and colleagues at iyana-ipaja branch,but all i would say is that you could probably try out my own branch at egbeda and taste a bit of superior customer scentrism before you conclude and probably look for another bank to consumate transactions with okay? once again am so sorry, lol 07037721707 or 08054732185
?
Re: Bankers' Forum by Finecat(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2009
hni:

What is that gotta do with the price of Amala in China?
Re: Bankers' Forum by Finecat(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
tkb417:

Finecat, this is why we are always at loggerheads

ure an unrepentant alarmist and the way u peddle falsehood is shameful

for real, did any of your friends tell you they were not paid for the month of August?

You bank workers never cease to amaze me. Your case is a typical case of suffering and smiling all in the name of portraying the false "big boy" image to the public. The public is laughing at all you doofus. Working in a bank is the most unfortunate job in Nigeria today. And i still by my words, Oceanic bank did not pay for one month. I had to burrow one of their employees some money because he was broke. Even before August, their salary was affected due to the Okocha football thing being taken out of their salary.
Re: Bankers' Forum by tkb417(m): 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2009
Finecat:

You bank workers never cease to amaze me. Your case is a typical case of suffering and smiling all in the name of portraying the false "big boy" image to the public. The public is laughing at all you doofus. Working in a bank is the most unfortunate job in Nigeria today. And i still by my words, Oceanic bank did not pay for one month. I had to burrow one of their employees some money because he was broke. Even before August, their salary was affected due to the Okocha football thing being taken out of their salary.
error!!!
You got the wrong person

choose ur sparrin partner well. I dont have to work in a commercial bank in Nigeria to know what happens there. Moreso, i know everythin about 9ja financial sector so keep ur undiluted poppycocks to yaself

according to you, working in a bank is the most unfortunate job in Nigeria, well, i'll allow the commercial bank workers to respond to ur drivel

by ur scope, if i work with Actis, IFC, Aureous, Rencap, AfricInvest, Vetiva, ARM et al im an unfortunate bank worker

ure a sleek simpleton!!!

By the way, giving money to ur impoverished friend doesnt mean the other Oceanic bank workers are broke
go hang on a cliff if thier 'false bigboism' is making u feel tipsy
Re: Bankers' Forum by BIKINI(f): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
Omo see mutual spewing of vitriolics. . . Make una sha take am easy on urselves
Re: Bankers' Forum by excel26(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2009
HR dept: is it a good dept to start in a bank?
Re: Bankers' Forum by onyeije1: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2009
Finecat:

I know guys that works in Intercontinental and Oceanic. Intercontinental and oceanic did not pay their staff for the month of August and the pay was cut after it was received. The new MD of intercontinental said he was shocked to see how much the bank earmark on expenses every month, he said the bank can not obviously support the expenses. There are rumors that the bank plans on closing several branches.

haba,this is a big lie ooo, shocked

my husband is an intercontinental bank staff, and they have not ad any issues with their salaries till date,

haba stop spreading bad and wicked rumours,its not healthy, for you and for odas angry
Re: Bankers' Forum by owoblow4u: 12:15am On Oct 14, 2009
@ Finecat

Only GOD knows where your dumb head ass hole gets your info from. my peeps work in Intercontinental & oceanic respectively & they were paid their full salary as at the due date. stop spreading rumours. I observe your posts is always to antagonize nigerian banks. if u 've issues, go settle scores with them. i suspect u were once in dat sector but was thrown out for that vibrating/rumour mongering mouth of yours.

if u don't 've anything constructive to say, THEN SHUT UPPPPPP!!!!!.
Re: Bankers' Forum by wildbello: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2009
Dose it mean that Bankers are surfering or what, they dont want to appriciate God for the job .
Is it because Sanusi is tryin to reorganise the Banking sector.

If surfering or not in any JOB you finb your self give thanks to God.

Thanks.
Re: Bankers' Forum by dozieme: 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
cry i do believe bankers should be paid worth the time they spend @ work because its a risky job and as such the pay should be encouraging enough else you get a lot of little mistakes due to fatigue,stress and other forms of mental disturbance. more so those in the marketing department should be well catered for because its equally a very risky job which has taken a lot of banking souls. @ least #200-300k monthly should do.
Re: Bankers' Forum by MyValli(f): 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
dozieme:

cry i do believe bankers should be paid worth the time they spend @ work because its a risky job and as such the pay should be encouraging enough else you get a lot of little mistakes due to fatigue,stress and other forms of mental disturbance. more so those in the marketing department should be well catered for because its equally a very risky job which has taken a lot of banking souls. @ least #200-300k monthly should do.

You go pay them?
Re: Bankers' Forum by dozieme: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2009
blive me,if i was in such a position i will.Lost my younger Bro to a bank on his way to pick up a check to meet up his target cry.

Re: Bankers' Forum by MyValli(f): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2009
dozieme:

blive me,if i was in such a position i will.Lost my younger Bro to a bank on his way to pick up a check to meet up his target cry.

Accept my Sincere Condolence
Re: Bankers' Forum by ifat(f): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2009
u getin paid 4 workin in a bank so i dont think pple u complain.
Re: Bankers' Forum by springtec: 10:54am On Oct 21, 2009
though am not a bank staff but i work as a vendor for banks, the truth of the matter is i have discovered its the same thing every where, a good paying job tries to get all of your energy and time comesurate to what they think they pay you, really its not a time to complain but to thank God for this previledge, you need to see the song of frustration being sang by folks out there unempmoyed, abeg dupe ti e o oooooooooooooo
Re: Bankers' Forum by vroom(m): 5:02am On Oct 24, 2009
All i know is that banking job is the most difficult one , coz u have to be very sound upstairs,fellow banker pls don't be carried away, but only the CHARTERED BANKERS CAN DO IT BETTER, COZ WE ARE BORN TO DO IT.
Re: Bankers' Forum by afrika(f): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2009
i have nothin to say and know that this bank work is very killing.at least my brother once told me that.abeg, where and how is diamond bank?i wud like to go and open an account with them since they re among d strongest banks. Abeg suggest
Re: Bankers' Forum by palama: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2009
EDen Apartmen
We aim to provide the highest level of service to make your stay as pleasurable and relaxing as possible, whether it be for pleasure or business. We therefore make sure your apartment has the latest facilities in it for your use.

AT EDen Apartmen we give you the best and moden Decoration/Desing for yous homes, Hotels, Office, Marriage Receptions, Birthday Parties, .etc

Contact us On: 08051717963,
simpleinterios@yahoo.com
www dot EDENAPARTMEN dot WEBS dot COM
Re: Bankers' Forum by judchuks20(m): 10:26am On Nov 05, 2009
This is a job I will never contemplate in my life
Re: Bankers' Forum by okuya: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
BANKS SLASH WORKERS' OCTOBER SALARIES
By Enitar Ugwu

IN the banks, the belt-tightening continues. For a yet-to-be-explained reason and in an action that took many workers unawares, some banks in the country slashed the October salaries of their employees by half.

The Guardian learnt at the weekend that most of the banks which cut the pay did not inform their workers before the action as the employees only discovered that at the point of collecting their October salaries.

Some of the banks, it was learnt, apart from slashing salaries, have sacked those workers considered to be in excess of the required workforce.

Feelers from the industry show that the decision to downsize the workforce in the banks has to do with the urgent need to recapitalise and improve the liquidity positions of many of the financial institutions.

To achieve this requirement, almost all the banks have done away with most of the perks such as soft loans, which were common before the recent banking reforms.

Another one of the most prominent perks likely to be stopped by almost all the banks is the "up-front payment", which enables the worker to collect a significant percentage of his/her annual salary at once, mostly at the beginning of each year.

Also, investigation by The Guardian reveals that the usual yearly profit sharing by bank workers may not be possible, as there is hardly any profit to share.

A management employee in one of the banks told The Guardian that profit-sharing at this point in time is out of the question.

He added: "As you can see, after making provision for non-performing loans, coupled with other newly introduced measures, almost all the banks are going to post losses. So, where is the profit to share?"

He added that even if a bank made profit, sharing part of it would be foolhardy as every bank needs funds now for its operations.

However, labour unions within the banking sector are beginning to brace up for the impending face-off that may likely ensue between them and the management of the financial institutions if the current job losses continue.

© 2003 - 2009 @ Guardian Newspapers Limited (All Rights Reserved).