Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Bankers' Forum - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (89820 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2007
Any Diamond in tha house ?, just holla B4 i shred you
Re: Bankers' Forum by needeeg(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2007
Any GTB staff here?

Guess if does guys go some of the stress u guys talking about here!! Im not Banker though, but doubt if GT have same probs with other banks!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by legba1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2007
wetin u guys dey complain abt,atleast d pay is good and una dey freshen up,staying inside a/c all day long.hahahahahaha
Re: Bankers' Forum by DisGuy: 12:02am On Dec 03, 2007
Terrible customer Service at banks

We notice most of you are avoiding this thread ^^^ cough cough
Re: Bankers' Forum by coollove: 6:28am On Dec 03, 2007
Oceanic Bank won THE BANK OF THE YEAR for the second time.

The bank is too OK
Re: Bankers' Forum by Ndi(f): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2007
legba1:

wetin u guys dey complain about,atleast d pay is good and una dey freshen up,staying inside a/c all day long.hahahahahaha

That is what people on the outside see but the work inside no easy oooooo! wink

degubi:

there is nothing exciting in banking,the pay may be good but the monotony of the job can make u go crazy,i work with a bank and i am praying that God will help me get a better job that is exciting in the sense of creativity and less stressful time wise.

Yeah! you are right! monotony of the job could be boring and can make one go gaga!!!! grin

titilaelae:

My piece on bank job. I was there for 5 years, the pay was good, the stress worth the pay or vice versa but …the 'long hours' was 'much ado about little' really.

The truth of the matter is, its not all those looooong hours that are spent working. Like I said in my introduction, I'd been in the system and anyone who wants to claim he works really hard from 8am to 8pm should come boldly and say it on this thread. I worked in different branches and departments of my former bank before I left and I saw things. Not only that, I had (still do have) friends in banks and we compare notes. Hectic as the job was made to look, we still had time to play computer games. I think bank management should stop deceiving themselves by equating long hours with hard work.

I had a couple of friends who, after they would have been chased out of the office to go for marketing, would make some calls here and there and then go and spend some hours at home before returning to the office (some of course do their private runs), why?, they must not be seen in the office but when they come back laaaaate, they will be seen as 'working hard'.

The above now makes the ogas themselves, the policy makers to, portray a 'busy' outlook. Some DGMs/AGMs spend their evenings browsing and

I worked with UBA Plc  for 5yrs, you may be right that they do not really work from 8am - 8pm but i tell you that Banking is not easy, capturing vouchers and taking them for approval alone could be time wasting and do not forget that because of the risk involved, there has to be thoroughness.

Department varies, while some may not need to close late others because of the nature of their job would be forced to close late e.g the Tellers, they have to pay/receive cash from 8am - 4pm and balancing of the cash book commences. Sometimes when they have system breakdown, that could also make them work late in other to capture their vouchers and balance their book though it would not be an everyday affair.

For the marketers that spend time at home & pretend to go look for customers well, it only time that would tell. The end of month/year appraisal would expose them if they do not meet their target unless they have an already existing customer base that equates their target.

Banking is hectic, hectic here also depends on the Bank/Department you work with and the customer base of the bank, you cannot compare a big bank with one that is still trying to stand on its 2 feets. The ATM is a major relief too.
Re: Bankers' Forum by milkyway: 10:06am On Dec 03, 2007
BANKERS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! U COULD HOOK US UP NOW,AS PER JOBS grin
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by question(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2007
I pity the female marketers that have to sleeping around to meet their targets.
I think bankers need to work smart and not work hard.
Re: Bankers' Forum by ZOOTO(m): 11:24am On Dec 03, 2007
Hello Bankers in the house, i was just concerned about your plights and stuffs. one thing i know is that there's a degree of these same things you complain about in almost every profession.

Believe me, it's so amazing that most of us complain when we don't have a job, and as soon as we get it, we forget about those days of idleness when all we wanted was just to get busy.

Someone said, in the room that he wants to resign. please make sure you know what you're doing. make sure you already have an alternative before you do so and not just speculations.
Re: Bankers' Forum by ndubest(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
, banking and the stress??
, you know before you entered so dont complain much
, moreover most of the top guys spend most of their their time reading newspapers online
, is that one work

ALL THIS BANKER THAT POST MESSAGES ON NAIRALAND , no be the time una for us attend one customer una they use play
later u go begin complain say u dey close late

any way is wish u guys the best, but make una they attend to us ooooo when we come especiall UNION BANK AND UBA that their sysytem is always down

OCEANIC BANK!!, keep up the good work
Re: Bankers' Forum by jiddah: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2007
i have a huge problem with customer relations in Banks,
especially up north

dont they ever get to hear of the phrase a customer is always right.
Re: Bankers' Forum by anusule(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
bankers are really trying, i tell ya, my dad waz a banker, for 25yearz. as oga he had to leave home as early as 5 for 7am board meeting. he returns late at night after going to various meetings as well.i dont know how it is now sha,
Re: Bankers' Forum by PurestBoy(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
If your job as a banker is stressful, drop a resignation letter and leave the work. Nobody will arrest you for quitting and so disturbing us, maybe you are even showing off yourself simply because you work in a bank. If really stressful, I bet you would have stopped.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Seun(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2007
The job of a banker shouldn't be stressful. What exactly are you doing that machines can't do?
Re: Bankers' Forum by jewelking(m): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2007
though i am not a banker but sometimes i like them for their smart dresses and well polished English, i was embarrassed by one of the security men in Zenith bank, he demanded to sight my check b4 i could gain entrance to the banking hall, i actually closed my account dat munite.
Also Oceanic in particular, sorry to say i think most of d OND staff needs some training. it's a not a good bank.
my poeple i am proud to tell u guys that i have GTB is d best. i love that bank
nice poeple
no security harrasement
no telephone restriction
no check book delay
no extra charge on ATM
infact account opening is very easy less than a week for current
online account
online billing
online standing order
, and many more
Re: Bankers' Forum by freezy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2007
Yeh. It shouldnt be hard, but unfortunately, it is. If there is one thing a bankers job aint, that gotta be copy & paste. bankers dont do that sh*t. And talking about machines, the moment u realise the nature of human beings, how inconsistent they can be, how well they can default on loans & agreements & the whole works, that simply implies that such machines/softwares gotta whole lot to sort out.
Re: Bankers' Forum by delaronte: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hi Guys,
Please note when this thread was initiated it was just an avenue to talk about our jobs, challeneges and how we can move the industry forward. Most guys out there are into wealth creation as in INVESTMENT BANKING. We shldnt see this a as an avenue to endorse our banks or try to raise our cabals, My fellow marketers and Business developers lets meet in the JUNGLE and NOT on this forum.
How do we move the industry Forward.
Re: Bankers' Forum by seun001(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2007
na wa for those marketers ooo!
Re: Bankers' Forum by eruobodo: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2007
Bankre's too dey form! , anyway nice concept let us see how the banker's lounge would thrive. Atleast it would be an opprotunity for an outsider to lash out at lazy bankers and commmend those sweating hard to gain the customer's thank you and return visit!

To my Wema bank/bankers so much knocks for you oh. I have met a couple of them tha have not gone through the firms operational manuala ndthey keep saying discordant tunes.

To my GTB bankers , you are sweet! and i like your smiles.

If you want me to elaborate i am ready but let us just keep it anonymous. I read someone voting for/against oceanic earleir, well my advice for them is thatthey should make online transfers available online. That way we could avoid our bankers/rude tellers altogether! Thank God for ATM and online banking!
Re: Bankers' Forum by SweetT1: 2:13am On Dec 04, 2007
I think most of these bankers are bunch of lazy ego tripping piece of crap. Now telling me what is so hard in counting money, even if you don't have a counter? Most of buttbreaths loves to get paid but hate to put in work. You can always tell by their fake okrika suits and shoes that these buffoons are lazy bunch. Get your ass back to work ! If i own a bank, i'll also try and own a farm so i can take these fake akowes to farm on the weekends.
Re: Bankers' Forum by DisGuy: 3:45am On Dec 04, 2007
why are the bankers avoiding this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-59709.0.html

any marketer in here? have you ever met your target, do you know anyone that has and are the stories about female marketers true??
Re: Bankers' Forum by question(m): 7:16am On Dec 04, 2007
Dis Guy:

why are the bankers avoiding this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-59709.0.html

any marketer in here? have you ever met your target, do you know anyone that has and are the stories about female marketers true??
my brother, the stories are true. These girls done see something.
Some bad guys capitalise on it, promising the girl that he will open million dollar account in her bank, under one condition (sex).
It is left for the girls to "meet" her target or not.
Na wa o. It is happening everyday in Nigeria.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Scopium: 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2007
[size=13pt]The thread is a big BULL*HIT! Did I say that? I think oceanic bank is sack of shit.[/size]
Re: Bankers' Forum by Scopium: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2007
jewelking:

though i am not a banker but sometimes i like them for their smart dresses and well polished English, i was embarrassed by one of the security men in Zenith bank, he demanded to sight my check before i could gain entrance to the banking hall, i actually closed my account that munite.
Also Oceanic in particular, sorry to say i think most of d OND staff needs some training. it's a not a good bank.
my poeple i am proud to tell u guys that i have GTB is d best. i love that bank
nice poeple
no security harrasement
no telephone restriction
no check book delay
no extra charge on ATM
infact account opening is very easy less than a week for current
online account
online billing
online standing order
, and many more

[size=13pt]To add to that, their building design is always an architectural masterpiece I love that.
Oceanic bank just put blocks together and call it a building. The same pattern all over it's uniquely disgusting![/size]
Re: Bankers' Forum by coolbanker: 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2007
Fellow bankers, why the stress, am currently on leave but certainly not going to resume in january cos i have gotten my bearing forex trading.

Its all up to u guys.Have fun sha
Re: Bankers' Forum by uchetobi(f): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2007
A friend was robbed, gave the thief her atm pin no out of fear, she got to UBA some mins past 7am they blocked the atm card swiftly buut when she got to GTB they told her to come by 8am imagine! Someone who a thief out dere has her ATM and pin no
Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2007
HELLO To SO-CALLED NIGERIAN BANKERS,

I don't normally comment on threads like this, but i guess it's high time that Nigerian bank workers should stop deceiving themselves as bankers. It is so annoying that customer service, compliance, marketing department, cashier, , trusteeship, broker, asset manager, custodian, even gatemen etc all call themselves BANKERS in Nigeria; so far they work in a bank. Pls wake up to reality, you guys are not banker but going bonkers, you're just bank workers.

It's just very painful when you see graduates with high level of intelligence, going around misusing words. I came across someone last december who works in transfer calling herself a banker.
Re: Bankers' Forum by uchetobi(f): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2007
slaykay07:

HELLO To SO-CALLED NIGERIAN BANKERS,

I don't normally comment on threads like this, but i guess it's high time that Nigerian bank workers should stop deceiving themselves as bankers. It is so annoying that customer service, compliance, marketing department, cashier, , trusteeship, broker, asset manager, custodian, even gatemen etc all call themselves BANKERS in Nigeria; so far they work in a bank. Please wake up to reality, you guys are not banker but going bonkers, you're just bank workers.

It's just very painful when you see graduates with high level of intelligence, going around misusing words. I came across someone last december who works in transfer calling herself a banker.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bankers' Forum by Lauradee01: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2007
I don't normally comment on threads like this, but i guess it's high time that Nigerian bank workers should stop deceiving themselves as bankers. It is so annoying that customer service, compliance, marketing department, cashier, , trusteeship, broker, asset manager, custodian, even gatemen etc all call themselves BANKERS in Nigeria; so far they work in a bank. Please wake up to reality, you guys are not banker but going bonkers, you're just bank workers.

It's just very painful when you see graduates with high level of intelligence, going around misusing words. I came across someone last december who works in transfer calling herself a banker[/color]

So,
Oga Slakay.Who is a banker?
Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
BANKER: Someone who owns or is an executive in a money-managing institution(i.e bank).

We often refer to people from officers and above as bankers not low level graduates. But i'm not sure if you have an officer level in Nigerian banks, not sure of your structure.

But here, we have analyst, associate, Snr associate, officer, Assistant VP, VP(Vice President), MD, Snr VP or MD, Executive VP etc

I didn't mean to insult anyone but its because i know what i'm saying and also in the same industry.
I was disgraced when my cousin came here last summer to visit me here and went on lunch with me and my Snr VP, then introduced himself as a banker in Nigeria. He was asked about his job by my Snr VP, which then resulting to him accepting he's just a bank worker.
Re: Bankers' Forum by seun001(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2007
slaykay07:

BANKER: Someone who owns or is an executive in a money-managing institution(i.e bank).

We often refer to people from officers and above as bankers not low level graduates. But i'm not sure if you have an officer level in Nigerian banks, not sure of your structure.

But here, we have analyst, associate, Snr associate, officer, Assistant VP, VP(Vice President), MD, Snr VP or MD, Executive VP etc

I didn't mean to insult anyone but its because i know what i'm saying and also in the same industry.
I was disgraced when my cousin came here last summer to visit me here and went on lunch with me and my Snr VP, then introduced himself as a banker in Nigeria. He was asked about his job by my Snr VP, which then resulting to him accepting he's just a bank worker.

so u didnt even know what obtains in the nigerian banking industry yet u condemn with such a finality.u are not even in nigeria sef.
i suppose u should know that marketers are often called sales executives even if u just have an OND.now when some peeps start talking abt u peeps in diaspora looking down on local peeps.well am not bothered but it might interest u to keep tabs with nigeria b4 coming to post anything.sebi u are listening ehen! cool
Re: Bankers' Forum by anusule(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / 10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.