Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian (1154 Views)

My Ordeal With A Handsome Guy And His Horrible Looking Big Pant / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 8:53pm On May 19, 2012
Hello ,

I am American female dating a Nigerian attending medical school. We have
Been knowing each other for awhile now . We recently have gotten back
in touch and decided to start dating 2mo ago. He has been asking me to come see
him but I have decided to wait until the end of next month bc were in a long distant
relationship . I really like him and he has feelings for me. We'll I recieved
an email telling me we are moving to fast and asking me to cancel my ticket
and he will see me when he comes to visit in Augusta. #1- I'm upset he sent an
email and #2- he isn't responding to any of my texts or emails.

I have decided to stop all communication and leave it alone but I never
expected for him to end it the way he has.

What does this mean? Any advice ?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by Idowuogbo(f): 9:13pm On May 19, 2012
Ur feelins were bin yahoozed.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by omega25red(m): 9:18pm On May 19, 2012
the girl who broke his heart in the town he lives in took him back so now he is not talking to you anymore.
or could be that medical school just got a bit more complicated and he has no time for you
or he went to jail which is why he is not responding to any form of communications
or he died (extreme i know but hey you never know)

are you friends on FB maybe you can see if he has any recent activity
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by kevwest(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2012
My dear pls dont be too fast for God knows the best for you...... So just wait for him to come and see you. As a female he suppose to be the one to ask for you.. Sister pls pray, read your bible and watch ..you are bless

1 Like

Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 6:35pm On May 21, 2012
Everyone- thank you for all your advice. I just have decided to no longer talk to him although I know he will be calling
and or texting to discuss his sudden absence.

Happy Monday!
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 6:39pm On May 21, 2012
the girl who broke his heart in the town he lives in took him back so now he is not talking to you anymore.
or could be that medical school just got a bit more complicated and he has no time for you
or he went to jail which is why he is not responding to any form of communications

He doesn't have FB therefore we aren't friends. Maybe he is dating someone but I do know he has only been for a couple of months.
Maybe it's medical school because he has mentioned it is demanding and stressful. I know when he's upset it gives the "silent treatment".

He doesn't do much talking when he is upset which has been an issue with us. I have been knowing this guy for over 9 years so for him just drop
off its mind boggling.

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 6:41pm On May 21, 2012
omega25red: the girl who broke his heart in the town he lives in took him back so now he is not talking to you anymore.

He doesn't have FB therefore we aren't friends. Maybe he is dating someone but I do know he has only been for a couple of months.
Maybe it's medical school because he has mentioned it is demanding and stressful. I know when he's upset it gives the "silent treatment".

He doesn't do much talking when he is upset which has been an issue with us. I have been knowing this guy for over 9 years so for him just drop
off its mind boggling.

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by bknight: 6:51pm On May 21, 2012
Topic "Need advice: dating a 'handsome' nigerian" undecided
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 8:43pm On May 21, 2012
bknight: Topic "Need advice: dating a 'handsome' nigerian" undecided

What are you saying? It is over with him!
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by CyberG: 11:39pm On May 21, 2012
^ So easily? Well, I don't know both sides or all of the story but if a lady gives up so easily on a guy, it's doubtful she really loved him to start with. Just an opinion though. wink wink
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by Nobody: 12:13am On May 22, 2012
CyberG: ^ So easily? Well, I don't know both sides or all of the story but if a lady gives up so easily on a guy, it's doubtful she really loved him to start with. Just an opinion though. wink wink

Not necessarily.

If he is playing games, cut it off. wink wink

*the relationship of course! grin
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by MrsChima(f): 1:38am On May 22, 2012
bknight: Topic "Need advice: dating a 'handsome' nigerian" undecided

Don't you hate that shit? I mean What does his ethnicity have to do with his character?!!!

A simple question about how to deal with an online relationship?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 1:48am On May 22, 2012
CyberG: ^ So easily? Well, I don't know both sides or all of the story but if a lady gives up so easily on a guy, it's doubtful she really loved him to start with. Just an opinion though. wink wink

Hi Cyber!

I met this handsome Nigerian guy in Undergrad and from there...chemistry between us lived on but we didn't date. I have been knowing him for about 7 years. Our college and careers have kept us at a distance but we kept in touch via phone and email. He is currently in Medical School and contacted me in March and suggested we date since we have been back and forth. It has always been something between us.

Everything has been going great between us. Just last week he asked me "where did I see us in 2 years". I felt that was a pretty serious question.
He has been asking me since March to visit him. I had to reschedule my trip from the week of May 18th to June 22nd. He wasn't happy about this.
We went the entire of part of last week not talking until I received an email that read "I have been doing a lot of thinking and I think we're moving too fast. Cancel your ticket and I will see you when I visit in August. Every since he has sent that email that shocked me..he hasn't responded to my email, phone calls or text messages. He is known to not communicate when he is upset. I don't give up easy and majority of the time I fight for everything I want.

In this case I have been fighting since Thursday. He hasn't given me a reason why he is acting the way he is acting. I have no idea when he will call. It is very disappointing. I know he will call but the question is.."when?". After making failed attempts to reach out to him..I am watching my ass with him. FIN!
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 1:57am On May 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Don't you hate that shit? I mean What does his ethnicity have to do with his character?!!!

His ethnicity has nothing to do with character..You've lost me here...

What are you talking about?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by tpia5: 1:59am On May 22, 2012
why do people always come here to let us know they're dating or met a nigerian man?

am i missing something?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by MrsChima(f): 1:59am On May 22, 2012
agreene:

His ethnicity has nothing to do with character..You've lost me here...

What are you talking about?

Exactly what I said. You need to buy a vowel?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 2:05am On May 22, 2012
tpia@:
why do people always come here to let us know they're dating or met a nigerian man?

am i missing something?

Everyday you don't find a Nigerian discussion forum offering threads in entertainment, technology and romance categories.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 2:06am On May 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly what I said. You need to buy a vowel?

ha ha..NOT..

FIN!
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 2:07am On May 22, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Not necessarily.

If he is playing games, cut it off. wink wink

*the relationship of course! grin

I am not sure if he's playing games but If so..I have chosen to let him play alone.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by MrsChima(f): 2:07am On May 22, 2012
agreene:

ha ha..NOT..

FIN!

I see why he doesn't want to talk to you. lipsrsealed
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 2:37am On May 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I see why he doesn't want to talk to you. lipsrsealed

Maybe you just lost me somewhere...
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by Nobody: 2:56am On May 22, 2012
What exactly do you want us to do?

It's not about him being Nigerian. If you contact a guy and he doesn't reply, he simply isn't interested. Trust me.
It aint about his nationality or his race, he's just an uninterested man.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by MrsChima(f): 3:01am On May 22, 2012
agreene:

Maybe you just lost me somewhere...

No. But let move on. wink
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 3:45am On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

It's not about him being Nigerian. If you contact a guy and he doesn't reply, he simply isn't interested. Trust me.

I never asked you to do anything. Just give advice. That simple. Who ever said anything about it being
because he was Nigerian. I only mentioned he was handsome. Who ever said it was about his nationality or race.

How did we ever get there? Wowzers!

Why do people over analyze ?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 3:48am On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

But thanks for the advice you did share. I have washed my hands with it.

He's also a guy when he's upset it gives the "silent treatment"..I am too confident of a woman for that.

He has been the one chasing me for years on edge. I wish him the best....
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by Nobody: 5:03am On May 22, 2012
agreene:

I never asked you to do anything. Just give advice. That simple. Who ever said anything about it being
because he was Nigerian. I only mentioned he was handsome. Who ever said it was about his nationality or race.

How did we ever get there? Wowzers!

Because that's what it usually is with non-Nigerians dating Nigerian men.

agreene:

But thanks for the advice you did share. I have washed my hands with it.

He's also a guy when he's upset it gives the "silent treatment"..I am too confident of a woman for that.

He has been the one chasing me for years on edge. I wish him the best....

Well, that's smart then. I wish you the best of luck.
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by bknight: 9:22am On May 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I jst tire undecided

tpia@:

am i missing something?

You missed same thing I missed undecided

agreene:

..Who ever said anything about it being
because he was Nigerian. I only mentioned he was handsome...

Temper downlow girlfriend! Ppl analyze situations from d fact they r fed. But when u tangle ur story up with irrelevant adjective, it comes across as meaningless.
For instance, how does 'he is handsome' fit in or have any reasonable effect in dis story?
Re: Need Advice:dating A Handsome Nigerian by agreene: 9:50am On May 22, 2012
bknight:

I jst tire undecided

You missed same thing I missed undecided

Temper downlow girlfriend! Ppl analyze situations from d fact they r fed. But when u tangle ur story up with irrelevant adjective, it comes across as meaningless.
For instance, how does 'he is handsome' fit in or have any reasonable effect in dis story?

Honestly, it has absolutely nothing to do with this story. I have always thought he was handsome and wanted to use "handsome" to describe him just as I use to describe myself as an "American female"...it was just another way to point out he was a guy and not a female.

Enjoy your day.

(1) (Reply)

40yr-old Nigerian Politician Is Set To Marry 20yr-old Super Model / Pls Advice! / So This Is Why Some Girls Want To Be Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.