Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari (2457 Views)

Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife / Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. / Ankio Briggs Condemns Jonathan’s Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Onlytruth(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2012
egift:

Don't mind them. For some Nigerian's whenever things does not suit their myopic view they will deny and discredit them.

As an Igboman, my effort is for Ndigbo to assert their place in Nigeria as a major tribe and not to go kissing an Ijawman's ring. The entire Igboland supported Jonathan, will he also support Ndigbo with such vigor? NO. Instead the greedy fisherman cum Zoo-keeper wants more. My people let the best man rule this Nation, lets develop uniformly - Ndigbo will always be exceptions on a level playing ground.

I've been wondering why you attack Jonathan the way you do, and have never figured out why. Well, at least you are saying why with the bolded, and of course normal Igbo folks can relate to that if it were all true. BUT the problem is that you are supporting someone (BUHARI) who is FAR AND AWAY A WORSE IGBO HATER. That makes me start to question your TRUE motives. Could it be that you have something PERSONAL to gain from a Buhari presidency (believe me, there are many Igbo who would sell their brother for personal gain, and the job of folks like us is to find those and shut them down! cool ), or that you are deaf and dumb and can't see that Buhari stopped Ekwueme's almost certain presidency in 1987, slammed Ekwueme in jail for nothing while turning loose Shagari (his Fulani brother), his anti-Igbo PTF policies, and his threats during the last election, which led to many Igbo deaths?
Did your Buhari even bother to campaign in SE?
We are waiting for your answer.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by egift(m): 11:26pm On May 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

I've been wondering why you attack Jonathan the way you do, and have never figured out why. Well, at least you are saying why with the bolded, and of course normal Igbo folks can relate to that if it were all true. BUT the problem is that you are supporting someone (BUHARI) who is FAR AND AWAY A WORSE IGBO HATER. That makes me start to question your TRUE motives. Could it be that you have something PERSONAL to gain from a Buhari presidency (believe me, there are many Igbo who would sell their brother for personal gain, and the job of folks like us is to find those and shut them down! cool ), or that you are deaf and dumb and can't see that Buhari stopped Ekwueme's almost certain presidency in 1987, slammed Ekwueme in jail for nothing while turning loose Shagari (his Fulani brother), his anti-Igbo PTF policies, and his threats during the last election, which led to many Igbo deaths?
Did your Buhari even bother to campaign in SE?
We are waiting for your answer.

Mazi, as you can personally bear me witness, on Nairaland I have not attacked any Igboman. So when you question my heritage I just let it be. Also I believe Buhari is better that Jonathan if the choice is limited to both. Also I have never heard any particular instance were Buhari specifically hurt any Igboman or a Christian (if there is post it).

On Jonathan, the following stand true for me:
- He is dull, weak and clueless (maybe very corrupt too). Even as Commander In Chief of the entire security apparatus (that IBB, Abacha, etc, used in holding Nigeria spellbound), he Jonathan not only convey helplessness but runs when little kid hit the street with knockouts.

- Jonathan is an Ijaw, me am Igbo. The relationship between us is that we are Nigerians; the same string holds me and a Yoruba, Hausa, Tiv, Efik, Fulani and the rest of the 300+ ethnic groups in Nigeria. He is not closer than any of them.

- That Jonathan is banging our daughter does not also grant him the right to take away the privileges, opportunities, rights and aspirations of Ndigbo. Ijaw remains a minority group. It amounts to abomination for Ndigbo to go begging them.

- Question: Since Ndigbo invested so much to establish Jonathan in 2011, will Jonathan also put in so much for Ndigbo? NO. Instead the Fisherman cum Zoo-keeper is forming Oliver Twist (asking for more 4yrs).

For me let the best man be elected. 2015 is still far away and should not have been any issue if not Jonathan's disappointments and efforts to squeeze himself into 2015.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Onlytruth(m): 11:59pm On May 20, 2012
egift:

Mazi, as you can personally bear me witness, on Nairaland I have not attacked any Igboman. So when you question my heritage I just let it be. Also I believe Buhari is better that Jonathan if the choice is limited to both. Also I have never heard any particular instance were Buhari specifically hurt any Igboman or a Christian (if there is post it).

It is either you have your head in the sand and don't want to look, or you are in denial. Either way, you are not interested in looking, and I wouldn't waste my time doing so for you.
On whether Buhari is a better presidential material, I say let us agree to disagree because to me, he (Buhari) is the WORST of the lot.

- He is dull, weak [/b]and clueless (maybe very corrupt too). Even as Commander In Chief of the entire security apparatus (that IBB, Abacha, etc, used in holding Nigeria spellbound), [b]he Jonathan not only convey helplessness but runs when little kid hit the street with knockouts.

I may agree that he may be weak, BUT would I want a "strong" man who would use his so called strength to subdue my people Ndigbo? HELL NO. Under a Buhari presidency, more of my people Ndigbo will die through biased and chauvinistic application of the laws. It happened before, it will happen again.

- Jonathan is an Ijaw, me am Igbo. The relationship between us is that we are Nigerians; the same string holds me and a Yoruba, Hausa, Tiv, Efik, Fulani and the rest of the 300+ ethnic groups in Nigeria. He is not closer than any of them.

I would agree, BUT I don't think that has been the only reason I support him. I supported Obasanjo up to a stage when he started scheming to rule for life. Under OBJ and GEJ, Nigeria has allowed technocrats to lead key sectors of the economy. Yar adua almost reversed some of that, because let's face it, people like he and Buhari fear "over westernization". They hate rapid societal transformation to western lifestyles. They are comfortable with retrogression and inertia. Nigerian lingo call there "conservatives". I call them haters of modernity.

- That Jonathan is banging our daughter [/b]does not also grant him the right to take away the privileges, opportunities, rights and aspirations of Ndigbo. Ijaw remains a minority group. It amounts to abomination for Ndigbo to go begging them.

He may be [b]banging
YOUR daughter, not ours. cool

- Question: Since Ndigbo invested so much to establish Jonathan in 2011, will Jonathan also put in so much for Ndigbo? NO. Instead the Fisherman cum Zoo-keeper is forming Oliver Twist (asking for more 4yrs).

In 2015, we shall take account of his fulfillment of his promises to us. If he delivered, we will vote him again.
If he failed in any, he will NOT get our votes. Simple. Would we vote Buhari then? NOPE, because we know him as an Igbo hater. cool

For me let the best man be elected. 2015 is still far away and should not have been any issue if not Jonathan's disappointments and efforts to squeeze himself into 2015.

If you are so interested in electing the best person for the job, how many times have you rooted for an Igbo man/woman to succeed Jonathan? Why haven't you advocated a Charles Soludo presidential run for example?
If you are convinced that only people with military training should get your vote, why not campaign for Ebitu Ukiwe for instance? Is your case that of that "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" (a serious inferiority issue) or that you will PERSONALLY gain from a Buhari presidency?
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by jmaine: 12:10am On May 21, 2012
egift:

- That Jonathan is banging our daughter does not also grant him the right to take away the privileges, opportunities, rights and aspirations of Ndigbo. [size=18pt]Ijaw remains a minority group. It amounts to abomination for Ndigbo to go begging them. [/size]

-

Interesting . . . A typical Northern "Born to rule" quote . .He just imported Ndigbo to seem and mask it a lil . .The same dude yelling against the "plot" to divide Nigeria . .How uniting is that quote from the glaring two faced hypocrite
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by OneNaira6: 11:38pm On May 21, 2012
egift:

- He is dull, weak and clueless (maybe very corrupt too). Even as Commander In Chief of the entire security apparatus (that IBB, Abacha, etc, used in holding Nigeria spellbound), he Jonathan not only convey helplessness but runs when little kid hit the street with knockouts.

- That Jonathan is banging our daughter does not also grant him the right to take away the privileges, opportunities, rights and aspirations of Ndigbo. Ijaw remains a minority group. It amounts to abomination for Ndigbo to go begging them.

The highlighted quote? Which daughter are you talking about? He's wife whose Ijaw like him or the rumor of him and Bianca?

If na the latter, the question follows are you really Igbo or one of those claim claim on NL?
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 11:49am On May 23, 2012
No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dame Patience Jonathan is a disgrace-Abati / The New Twist In The Latest Boko Haram Video- (MUST READ). / Pictures Of Damages Of APC Campaign Rally In Okira By Suspected PDP Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.