Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,327 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari (2448 Views)

Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife / Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. / Ankio Briggs Condemns Jonathan’s Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 12:19am On May 20, 2012
A rare voice of reason.

More knocks for Jonathan over face-off with Buhari

More knocks came the way of President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday over his response to General Muhammadu Buhari's warning against rigging in the 2015 elections.

Former President- General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, said Gen. Buhari was being unnecessarily vilified, noting that worse statements had been uttered by other people. This, he said, includes the "do or die" declaration by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Ikedife said: "It is necessary that we speak the truth and face the fact. Buhari should be praised for having the courage to say it the way he saw it and to sound a note of caution. And I want us to take that note of caution seriously.

“It is important that we evaluate the message rather than kill the messenger. His words are not worse than the man who declared that 'this election is do or die'. I think what Buhari is saying is 'don't win by hook or crook and that they should allow the opinion of Nigerians to prevail.

"Any person who faults that should tell us what he wants Nigeria to look like. It is absolutely necessary. If we want to entrench true and proper democracy, it should be one man, one vote. Every vote should count and be accounted for."
Ikedife does not see Buhari as desperate for anything other than his yearning "for a peaceful Nigeria where true democracy thrives. And he should not be vilified."

In the same vein, Second Republic governor of old Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa described the controversy generated by Buhari's statement as totally unnecessary, arguing that even President Jonathan had, in the past, made statements that have greater security implication for the country than Buhari's.

He said the case of Buhari has attracted more attention only because he is a former head of state. Otherwise, he was merely saying what every other Nigerian has been saying in respect of rigging elections.
He said: "The controversy is unnecessary for two reasons. First, what Buhari said is what every other Nigerian has been saying about the need for free and fair elections. But because Buhari is a former head of State, more people react to whatever he says.

"Secondly, even President Jonathan had, in the past, made statements with far greater security implication than what we just heard. If a president said all public institutions have collapsed, isn't that a serious statement with greater security implication?

With regards to Boko Haram, if the President said Boko Haram has infiltrated all government agencies including the Presidency, is that not of greater security risk?

Read the rest here

Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by AndreUweh(m): 12:29am On May 20, 2012
The above statement has not come from Amb Ralph Uwechue nor has it come from No 7 Park Avenue. Ikedife was a former president-gen. Stop this attempt of painting Ohanaeze black.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 12:30am On May 20, 2012
OP is a bloody liar. That was the opinion of Ikedife and not that of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo
Do you even know what Ohaneze means? It means all and sundry. So which all and sundry Igbo does Ikedife of today represent?
Ohaneze cannot support Buhari whose blood-thirsty comments led to the death of Igbos in the North after the last election and continuing.

Please tell your man Buhari that he can never win any election in the SE and SS. He knows that, and that is why he never bothered to campaign in those areas.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 12:32am On May 20, 2012
Buhari’s statement treasonable – The Arewa Youth Forum

News Friday, May 18, 2012

By Henry Umoru

ABUJA -THE Arewa Youth Forum yesterday slammed the former Military Head of State and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Muhammadu Buhari over his prediction of a bloody revolution if 2015 election is rigged. The youths in a statement described General Buhari's outbursts as misguided, treasonable and uncalled for.

Gen Buhari

advertisement

According to the group, Nigerians must ensure that the prediction of General Buhari of imminent bloodletting does not see the light of the day as such will not only bring disunity, but has the tendency of producing numerous widows and orphans.

In a statement signed by the group's President, Abdulkareem Tijani, the group while calling on Nigerians to shun Buhari's call for violence and embrace peace and unity, said, ''Buhari's recent statement that in 2015, violence that will follow the election will make the 2011 violence a child's play, is uncalled for, misguided and treasonable.

"Buhari by the statement he made before the election in 2011 precipitated the violence that followed the 2011 presidential election and till now Nigeria has not recovered from the same.

''We call on all Nigerians irrespective of their states and religious back ground to see Buhari for what he truly is.. We hereby call on Nigerians to shun Buhari's call for violence and embrace peace and unity."

Also yesterday, the National Council for Peace and Unity stressed the need for leaders to control their anger and sentiments at all times especially at difficult periods like what Nigeria is going through at the moment.

The group in a statement signed by its Chairman and former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Engr. Muhammed Abba-Gana, said that there was the need for Nigerians to put heads together to ensure speedy and happy resolution of all crises particularly that of insecurity so that we move on to bring progress and prosperity to our people.

According to Abba-Gana, the National Council for Peace and Unity will be setting up a peace and security committee that will be holding public hearings in major geographical zones in Nigeria starting with Lagos.

According to the statement, "Instead of Nigerians to vent their anger on the pages of newspapers or on fellow Nigerians, the committee shall provide a platform where people can discuss their grievances and it shall be documented. Nigerians are tired of losing their friends and loved ones as a result of violence. The number of orphans and widows in the northern part of Nigeria is on the increase. We must say no to disunity."
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 12:33am On May 20, 2012
^^^^^^
Even Arewa youths (except for BH agents like Ndu Chuks) now loath Buhari. If your own has rejected you which outsider will accept you?
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 12:34am On May 20, 2012
Nchara: OP is a bloody liar. That was the opinion of Ikedife and not that of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo
Do you even know what Ohaneze means? It means all and sundry. So which all and sundry Igbo does Ikedife of today represent?
Ohaneze cannot support Buhari whose blood-thirsty comments led to the death of Igbos in the North after the last election and continuing.

Please tell your man Buhari that he can never win any election in the SE and SS. He knows that, and that is why he never bothered to campaign in those areas.

shatap dia!! you must be a small boy if you do not know that Ikedife was President- General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and when he speaks, he represents your lot. mumu

Your childish manner of attempting to change the topic at hand is ineffective from my point of view. The issue here is that Ohaneze Ndigbo has spoken through Ikedife. Your views on this are irrelevant
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by jason123: 12:34am On May 20, 2012
Interesting times in Nigeria!

GEJ is a good man
but with his advisers, who needs enemies?! They (his advisers, ex-militants like Dokubo and co) have reduced his presidency to a tribal/regional sit! He is seen as an ethnic president instead of a National president! What a shame! undecided
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 12:38am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

shatap dia!! you must be a small boy if you do not know that Ikedife [b]was [/b]President- General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and when he speaks, he represents your lot. mumu

Your childish manner of attempting to change the topic at hand is ineffective from my point of view. The issue here is that Ohaneze Ndigbo has spoken through Ikedife. Your views on this are irrelevant

Was, as you said. You will have to hear from the current president and his team. Igbos are not hausa/fulani who one person speaks for. The whole Ohaneze will have to speak to be listened to. We are that democratic okay, ewu awusa. You have been busted with your evil machinations, Boko Haram apologist.

Why not ask the former Governor of Kano to speak for Kano rather than the current Governor? Nama.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by AndreUweh(m): 12:38am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

shatap dia!! you must be a small boy if you do not know that Ikedife was President- General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and when he speaks, he represents your lot. mumu

Monkey, shut up your stinking mouth. Ikedife for the past 3 years is no longer the president-gen of Ohanaeze. Stop it fool.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 12:44am On May 20, 2012
Why are you people distancing yourselves from a leader in your community? What a shameless and disloyal people!!! Show me what you disagree with in his statements, stop worrying about his position. Andre_Uweh and Nchara, address the points your leader raised if you are smart enough. Lets hear your specific objections.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 12:45am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: Why are you people distancing yourselves from a leader in your community? What a shameless and disloyal people!!! Show me what you disagree with in his statements, stop worrying about his position. Andre_Uweh and Nchara, address the points your leader raised if you are smart enough. Lets hear your specific objections.

When you change the false title of your thread we can discuss. You are a buffoon.

1 Like

Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 12:47am On May 20, 2012
Nchara:

When you change the false title of your thread we can discuss. You are a buffoon.

hehehehe, I knew you were brainless.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 12:59am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

hehehehe, I knew you were brainless.

Although I am yet to see any brainy hausa fulani, your own depth of brainlessness is palpable
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 1:05am On May 20, 2012
Nchara:

Although I am yet to see any brainy hausa fulani, your own depth of brainlessness is palpable

Suprise me and other nairalanders by discussing issues rather than personalities for a change. I ask you, Nchara, what is your specific disagreement with the statements made by the former President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo? We are waiting for your sensible rebuttal. Don't disappoint us.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nchara: 1:16am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Suprise me and other nairalanders by discussing issues rather than personalities for a change. I ask you, Nchara, what is your specific disagreement with the statements made by the former President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo? We are waiting for your sensible rebuttal. Don't disappoint us.
Until you amend your malicious title no reasonable person will even discuss with you. You expect me to start an argument based on your false premise?
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Ejine(m): 1:56am On May 20, 2012
Title of thread:
"Ohanaeze Ndiigbo supports Buhari"

Quote from thread:
[size=18pt]Former[/size] President- General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, said...

Nice try, fagggot cool
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Ejine(m): 2:00am On May 20, 2012
Nchara: ^^^^^^
Even Arewa youths (except for BH agents like Ndu Chuks) now loath Buhari. If your own has rejected you which outsider will accept you?

I wonder undecided
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Onlytruth(m): 2:44am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks, I saw you in another thread and was wondering why you did not comment on that thread. I thought you just weren't in the mood to comment today. I didn't know you were waiting for me to leave before launching your torpedo! cheesy cheesy
Why do you choose to behave like certain group (which shall not be mentioned here, lol )?

Anyway, @ topic.

Ikedife is only exercising a PERSONAL opinion. In fact, he is on his own! lol.
Occasionally, even smart folks commit egregious gaffes. This is one of Ikedife's!
Buhari's comments would lead to the deaths of innocent folks (as it did the last time). Maybe Ikedife is being quoted out of context. Ohanaeze Ndigbo has NOTHING to do with his PERSONAL views. cool

1 Like

Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by M17: 3:09am On May 20, 2012
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ,HOOOOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOO, THIS NAMA/MALU BRAIN'S I MEAN MALLAM ARE SO DESPERATE FOR POWER TO RULE WHO ? HAUSA / FULANI ARE STAUNCH ENEMY OF IGBO PEOPLE , BUHARI IS A STINKING ZOMBIE ,HE WILL HANG HIM SELF ON NEXT ELECTION RESULT BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO LOSE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL SKY FELL DOWN . HAUSA /FULANI'S WHO RAPE IGBO GIRLS INSIDE THE CHURCH AND BOMB CHURCHES FILLED WITH CHILDREN . HAUSA'S ARE SYMBOL OF SKULL AND SCORPION MEANING TORMENT AND DEATH .HANG YOUR SELF BUHARI OR PAY IGBO'S REPARATION FOR LOSING MILLION'S OF LOVE ONE'S AND HUMILIATION AND REPOSSESSION OF IGBO'S BUSINESS . HANG YOUR SELVES MALLAM IN YOUR ARCHAIC DAFT MENTALITY .Bleep HAUSA/FULANI
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 3:29am On May 20, 2012
Onlytruth: ndu_chucks, I saw you in another thread and was wondering why you did not comment on that thread. I thought you just weren't in the mood to comment today. I didn't know you were waiting for me to leave before launching your torpedo! cheesy cheesy

hehehehe, Eze has become a stalker. what da heck thread are you talking about? Do you fear ndu_chucks this much? Anyway, your superior has spoken and all your attempts to distance yourselves from the truth he uttered have failed yet again. mumu
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Onlytruth(m): 3:39am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

hehehehe, Eze has become a stalker. what da heck thread are you talking about? Do you fear ndu_chucks this much? Anyway, your superior has spoken and all your attempts to distance yourselves from the truth he uttered have failed yet again. mumu

lol. You used a term you are very familiar (and conversant) with. You know what I mean.
Onlytruth fears no one though. cool
The truth is that I (like most sensible posters here) always look to see who is viewing the topic before posting.
It gives us a way to deliver targeted posts. cool cool cool
You ran away from that thread and snuck back to deliver this load of lies.
Shame on you. Dan banza.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 3:48am On May 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

lol. You used a term you are very familiar (and conversant) with. You know what I mean.
Onlytruth fears no one though. cool
The truth is that I (like most sensible posters here) always look to see who is viewing the topic before posting.
It gives us a way to deliver targeted posts. cool cool cool
You ran away from that thread and snuck back to deliver this load of lies.
Shame on you. Dan banza.

I thought you were bright enough to know that you could be long gone after viewing a thread but still appear to be viewing the same. Please read up on caching and refresh rate as they relate to web sites/pages. Keep on chasing shadows, mumu.

In the meantime, please rebut the statements by a major voice in your community if you are able to do that. Here's is your opportunity to show that you are a bright Eze. For now, Okwute Palestinians piafuka gi isi, ewu can bia.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by egift(m): 3:53am On May 20, 2012
So what is wrong in what Dr. Dozie Ikedife said?
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Onlytruth(m): 4:01am On May 20, 2012
egift: So what is wrong in what Dr. Dozie Ikedife said?

On the face value, there is nothing wrong with what he said. Opinion is like a face; everyone has a face! Your face may be ugly though. However, no one should be ashamed of his own face.
The problem is when someone starts to mistake MY face for YOUR face, or OUR face like ndu_chucks is shamelessly trying to do here.
Ikedife is no longer Ohanaeze mouthpiece. I personally think that he wouldn't have said the same thing had one of his relatives or kinsmen died in the Madalla church bombing. undecided cry
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by dayokanu(m): 5:47am On May 20, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by Nobody: 5:53am On May 20, 2012
Ok, I'm so bored with this whole Buhari v Gej mess.

Does the country not have more pressing issues to deal with? Now they're using Buhari as an excuse to lazy off.

GEJ is so scared of Buhari though hahaha!!!
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by egift(m): 6:02am On May 20, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Ok, I'm so bored with this whole Buhari v Gej mess.

Does the country not have more pressing issues to deal with? Now they're using Buhari as an excuse to lazy off.

GEJ is so scared of Buhari though hahaha!!!

Thank you Nne, for stating the obvious. Darkness is always scared of the Light. Jonathan with his incompetence is seeking for sympathy. Not only is he instituting corruption, he is also very corrupt - at the same time surrounded by the most corrupt politicians Nigeria ever produced.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by nduchucks: 9:22am On May 20, 2012
He was more than an ordinary leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, he was past President-General
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by egift(m): 9:53am On May 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: He was more than an ordinary leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, he was past President-General

Don't mind them. For some Nigerian's whenever things does not suit their myopic view they will deny and discredit them.

As an Igboman, my effort is for Ndigbo to assert their place in Nigeria as a major tribe and not to go kissing an Ijawman's ring. The entire Igboland supported Jonathan, will he also support Ndigbo with such vigor? NO. Instead the greedy fisherman cum Zoo-keeper wants more. My people let the best man rule this Nation, lets develop uniformly - Ndigbo will always be exceptions on a level playing ground.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by noiseless: 11:12am On May 20, 2012
Why do you people YAHOO YAHOO KNOWN Yorubas keep claiming false ethnicities to rally up supports for your fraudlent agenda all the the time? this is very shameful.
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by noiseless: 11:31am On May 20, 2012
STF.You are nothing other than a khart chewing red eyed OUT OF CONTROL supporter of APC, you think everyone is dogs and baboons just like you to start running around on killing spree cos the elite said whatever. Go try your brainless almajiris who take Allah-huakubaru as an order to kill non muslims.
ndu_chucks: He was more than an ordinary leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, he was past President-General
Re: Dr.Ikedife, Past Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General Condemns Jonathan Over Buhari by egift(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2012
noiseless: Why do you people YAHOO YAHOO KNOWN Yorubas keep claiming false ethnicities to rally up supports for your fraudlent agenda all the the time? this is very shameful.

I just hope you are not onye Igbo. Because Ndigbo who are true sons of their father do not go about insulting people. Igboman has dignity, pride and respect for his fellow men. You my friend are a heap of rubbish.

@Everyone, please ignore him, he is yet to take his medication. Let's concentrate on the topic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram / Buhari: Insurgency hatched to destroy our economy / Igbos Must Close Ranks With The Hausas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.