Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37486 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2008
hi niyi09,ur subscription has expired.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2008
my subsciption has not expired, i paid for one year and i bought hitv august 2007.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by femo7(m): 9:55am On Apr 10, 2008
i learnt GTV had already added g africa, g series and kidscope. Pls, when is Hitv going to add to its boring channels? I'm just fed upwith their services.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2008
hi niyi09,go to the dealer u bought ur hitv system with the prove of purchase,or go to hitv's office at ebute metta.there were so issues with some 1year cards go there they will check it then solve ur problem.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
hi femo7,well gtv will be adding the [g africa,g series,kidsco and discovery civilization 15th april 2008].that is to tell u that they too just got their freq. recently.hitv will be adding thiers[setanta sport,discovery civilization,zee cinema,foxnews etc] soon.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi Urfriend
Eutelsat said at MIPCOM that there are no more transponders on W4 available until next year, where is HITV getting theirs?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
hi senga,eutelsat said on w4,what of thier beam facing nigeria.if they said no more,then they should have given the last ones to dstv,hitv and gtv.
the dth u are working for what satellite will they be on?.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by femo7(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2008
hi ur friend

u have only said hitv would be adding to its channels 'SOON' . But the question is how soon? I think Hitv really needs to improve on its services to be able to compete with other DTH in Africa.

Hitv, i tire 4 una ooooooooo.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2008
I paid my subscription since friday afternoon and email hitv my account details purposely to watch man u arsenal match,but up till this moment I ve not been connected. I ve been calling the office is either the line is busied or no answer. is hitv not afraid of legal action?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by folem: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2008

http://thepmnews.com/2008/04/16/protesters-besiege-tv-company/

Protesters Besiege Satelite TV Company

Placard-carrying subscribers of HiTV have besieged the Apapa Road office of the satelite television company to protest against what they described as the high handedness of the management.

Some of the placards carried had such slogans like ‘HiTV, hijacking of international television virus; ‘HiTV is another way of 419; ‘HiTV people are fraudsters and robbers’, and so on.

The subscribers’ grouse was that service on the network of the satelite TV had disappeared for sometime now, and since most of them that came to complain use their TV for commercial purposes, they complained that they had been losing revenue.

The peaceful protest eventually got awry as the subscribers quickly formed a mob, throwing all sorts of objects at the office while trying to gain entrance into the office premises. They got so violent that the management had to call in the police from the Denton Police Station, Oyingbo.

On arrival, the policemen shot sporadically in the air to disperse the protesters.

An insider in the company blamed the subscribers for the problem, explaining that most of them refused to renew their subscription after the one they paid had expired. ”What we did was to disconnect all those who refused to renew their subscription. What all those protesting should do is to pay and get their network back. Those that had already paid need to present their receipts to get back on line, “ the official told P.M.News.

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2008
This is just the beginning fo HItv. RAHym and URfriend where art thou
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2008
hi niyi 09,am here is just that it's not everything u comment on.has i said many times,let watch and see.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2008
why no comment@urfriend.u dont have any comment because there is no point defending hitv
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2008
@niyi

Please, allow the bobo some breathing space, haba!, why rubbing it in at every opportunity grin. The guy must be confused by now. April is almost gone, and no new content in sight, I hope he won't eats his words this time around.

As for me, i've decided not to pay for HITV sub, until they add at least two additional contents. (Quality ones and not this ARABMOVIES type of content).
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bluehorizo(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2008
Urfriend,you always amze me with your empty lies promises. SOON should be your name.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2008
true talk ilugunboy and bluehorizo
hitv is rubbish just check out trend now.hitv should still be free 2 air
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2008
niyi09:

hitv is rubbish just check out trend now.hitv should still be free 2 air

Absolutely correct!.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by vowiski(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2008
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by femo7(m): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2008
Hi urfriend '

For sometime now you have been quiet about Hitv adding new channels this April. I hope you are still standing on your word because it's just 3 days to the end of April. Anyway, my fingers are still crossed.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bluehorizo(m): 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2008
Urfriend done run away tay tay
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 4:08am On Jun 25, 2008
more channels? huh?
comming soon! lol
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2008
hi kosovo,yes more channels are coming.starting with cnbc africa,foxnews,dovevision,biscon,nigeria,kidsco,setanta sports,kennis music channel,etc, just keep scaning 12130 H 27500.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyyie(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2008
Unlike other Nigerian direct-to-home satellite TV providers, HiTV is the only one that seems to mean business. They're poising a real competition to DSTV at least in Nigeria. I am not sure about their footprint but I know they target their wares at Nigeria. It would take a little while before they can match DSTV in every way. For now, DSTV gives you more value for your money unless of course you want to be patriotic and go Nigerian. smiley
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
hi all,hitv just added foxnews and cnbc africa.more channels to come[12130 H 27500],
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by EKENEA(m): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2008
@niyyie,

Hitv can never match DSTV, do you think that DSTV will fold their hands, watch DSTV and you will see that they are also adding more and better channels/programmes.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
we know,all we need to for them to be them selfs[i.e,hitv].
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 1:00am On Jul 01, 2008
speechless
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 1:07am On Jul 01, 2008
EKENEA:

@niyyie,

Hitv can never match DSTV, do you think that DSTV will fold their hands, watch DSTV and you will see that they are also adding more and better channels/programmes.
thats right,
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Gamine(f): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2008
What is wrong with HiTV, What would make them preferred above Dstv.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 2:01am On Jul 07, 2008
huh?
everything my friend.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hi Urfriend

I hear congratulations are in order for Hitv they won the Champions League for Nigeria, It cost them over 100 million Euros, $156 million US Dollars for three years. That is over $50 million per year $4m+ per month, every month. So 133,000 subscribers a month at $30 US Dollars just to pay (no profit) for the Champions League, on top of that the cost of EPL, La Liga and Italian Series A. They must have very understanding shareholders and banks.

There are only so many people that want to watch the football and Hitv seem to have lost sight of the mothers and children and the men who do not live and die for football.

Why do you think European operators and DSTV have over 50-200 channels if people only want to watch football?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Mustay(m): 10:16am On Jul 12, 2008
We have so many 'sources' here

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Settles Differences With Mike (Photos) / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans / Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.