Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37544 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2008
@Senga

What Raahym is trying to say is that if Trace Tv was exclusive to only one network(Multichoice as you believe), Hitv wouldnt have it right now cause that would cause some problems just as the CNN issue last year.

Trace Tv was on TITV, FSTV, Trend, and Mytv so it can't be exclusive to anyone.

@Raahym congrats on the Trace tv but don't you guys think you are wasting too much resources on all these music channels?

At the last count , you have four of them.
Are there no other content providers you could have gone for?
Surely there should be some networks that do stuff like the discovery and the rest.

Please enough of this music channels. Focus your resources and Energy on getting a contract with Sky

Just Sky One(for series, etc) and one Sky Movie Channel will nail it all.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2008
@ Salvage

Thank you so much for emphasizing the fact that Trace was and never would be exclusive to anybody as long as the word competition remains a key part in their dictionary, which also couples with that fact that trace wants more money.

Salvage, i can assure you that we are doing everything humanly, business and competitve wise to increase our array of channels which combines movies, sports and all other contents for the benefit and enjoyment of our customers.

Please bear with us as we are here to stay.

HITV, HITV, HITV corret tv.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2008
@Raahym & Urfriend,

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. Pls can you hook me up with any good installer?.

I noticed that you are no longer selling the terrestial hypercable dish, is this a sign that you will ultimately migrate every subscriber to the sat. platform?.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 7:41am On Feb 12, 2008
@ Ilugunboy,

I really appreciate ur understanding all but please i will appreciate you call me with your number so that i can give it to an Installer to call you n install for you.

08033711182 or send me an SMS.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Raahym,

Thanks for the telephone conversation. Little things like that goes a long way to shape the future of any organisation one works for.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by const6(m): 11:19am On Feb 13, 2008
@everyone
@senga
@urfriend
@twintaiye

I am now able to view DSTV channels in my New HITV decoder.

This is what happened: I was having problem before because my dish was not well aligned, my quality then was just above 67%. I just recently moved apartment, i left my former flat to another and had to fix my dish all over again, so it didnt take me time (like five minutes) and i had a connection to Eutelsat W4 again, with quality 74% and Signal Strength of 88% and now all the channels on DSTV is not showing in my decoder.

Another problem i have is that they information for programs dont show on my decorder, last night a friend of mine brought a new Strong decoder (465xx) he just bought and it was showing the program information and EPG, what could be wrong with my decoder? software?

Can anybody paste the latest software for HITV new decoder here for me to pick with flash drive?

I just paid N2,500 (Family) for my DSTV card, when i get home, i will see how it goes.

Another problem i would have loved to solve is: is there a device i can use on my decoder so that i will be able to use both my HITV card and DSTV card at the same time?

Expecting your replies!

Thanks to all
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by const6(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2008
@all

Is there anybody that has a DSTV Decoder only (preferably) or with card sha, that wants to sell it?

If yes, either drop a message here or call me on 01-8165873 or 08050989962 for urgent purchase.

Competitive price o.

Thanks, hoping i will get here.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2008
hi,have u guys seen cnbc on hisports 2.cnbc is a 24 hours business channel.check out tonight show with jon leno weekdays at 12midnights,latterman show weekend at night,and nbc nightly news at 12.30am tuesday to saturdays.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tboy81(m): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2008
Yeah, its OK dat u've put CNBC on hisport2 since that channel is only active when you have to show simulataneous matches on weekends.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by abujabooks(f): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2008
Raahym:

@ senga,

Its good to know you have some of these facts but it doesn't still say that TRACE TV is exclusive to any carrier be it in Nigeria or AFRICA. Whats the basis of the long post?.

@Raahym

I need more details about HiTV. How many channels do you provide? Which channels? How much is the subscription per month? Would it work in Abuja? Or email me abujabooks@gmail.com.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2008
hi,u can receive hitv anywere in nigeria or central and west africa.signal is has high has 90%.for more details check www.hitv.com.ng.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by BANKY77NG(m): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2008
Have been reading all along all these days you guys are doing a good job, HITV has 16 channels now combined with trend tv 5 channels makes it 21 , , const claims he can view DSTV channels on the HITV decoder, he he seeing the channells as scrambled or as Unscrambled , please clarify because some of us will like to enjoy s providers on same decoder .

@ there is this HITV staff on these forum I have forgotten your name but i like to tell you that what peiople need now is a movie channel even if its MGM or something , make una try

Guy see ya
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by const6(m): 9:24am On Feb 19, 2008
@banky77ng

You can what DSTV channels with any kind of HITV decorder (cos i have the latest), be it the first set or latest ones.

They all can read DSTV Irdeto card, i have friends that now use it and i personally use it.

The only reason i am scared using both card on one decoder is the fact that with time, the decoder might have a problem because i am removing and re-inserting the two cards, that is the reason i am looking for a DSTV decorder to buy so then i will only use AV 1 and AV2.

You can buy MYTV card from any of their Dealer for N2000 - N2100 and as for DSTV card i called them last week and the Customer care Officer said i could buy the card from their VI office or some of their dealers for N10,000
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by const6(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
@all

I need to know if there is anybody here that still/uses DSTV Pace DVR500 decorder for KU Band.

I just got it with the card from somebody selling (i have already paid) it and i called DSTV customer care and they told me i can use it with KU Band but i want to ask and make sure i am not throwing away my money.

Please reply fast o
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by crowned(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2008
@ Raahym
@ urfriend
pls i have a problem.bought a hitv decoder with a yr subscription mid december.did well until late january when all of a sudden it just went scrambled(rather it would show the unscrambled channel for abt a minute before getting scrambled). My brother took it to the guy he bought it from and it started working well after.said it was a software prob.
however about a week ago(friday night 10.27p.m) as i was watching it ,it just went scrambled and has remained so. Dont know what the prob is. Do u guys have any idea what the prob is and importantly the solution.
thanks
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by crowned(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2008
@ Raahym
@ urfriend
pls i have a problem.bought a hitv decoder with a yr subscription mid december.did well until late january when all of a sudden it just went scrambled(rather it would show the unscrambled channel for abt a minute before getting scrambled). My brother took it to the guy he bought it from and it started working well after.said it was a software prob.
however about a week ago(friday night 10.27p.m) as i was watching it ,it just went scrambled and has remained so. Dont know what the prob is. Do u guys have any idea what the prob is and importantly the solution.
thanks
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2008
@ Crowned and any other subscriber with such probs.

Please bring your decoder, smartcard and proof of purchase to our office @ ebutte metta then we will fix whatever the prob. is cos we need to be sure and verify the genuity of the one year sale to you by the agent.

Tank you
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Truthman(m): 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Raahym,
Thanks for the good work. I had the same problem too and my agent/installer sent the decoder to your office and now it is working fine.

All, I scanned the EutelsatW4 satellite yesterday (just for fun) and I got 5 additional channels free (France24 english service, EWTN,Fashion TV, F-men and Luxe Tv). I stayed glued to the last channel - it is taotally devoted to luxury and they have some interesting programmes.

Also, I did get some DSTV channels but they are all scrambled.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bomboyi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Raheem

I dont know what is Wrong with Hitv o! almost all my friend that subscribed to hitv have paidfor the february subscription but uptill this moment hitv has not deem it fit to connect them back. Is that how you are going to make 500,000 subs b/4 the end of the year? If you pay to dstv even if you didnt call them they will connect you. Hitv will get one sub and scare away twenty. You better sit and tidy up you customer care, the telephone nos are always busy 24 hrs.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bomboyi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Raheem

I dont know what is Wrong with Hitv o! almost all my friends that subscribed to hitv have paid for the february subscription but uptill this moment hitv has not deem it fit to connect them back. Is that how you are going to make 500,000 subs b/4 the end of the year? If you pay to dstv even if you didnt call them they will connect you.  Hitv will get one sub and scare away twenty. You better sit and tidy up you customer care, the telephone nos are always busy 24 hrs.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by fastmoney(m): 9:21am On Mar 03, 2008
you peeps should stop saying how old DSTV is, the fact your an old man is no guarantee that your a wise man(im not saying dstv aint wise cos they are) the fact that HITV is new should make them alot more better than DSTV because they studied DSTV strategies and noted there weak points before they began, you need to know what virgin meadia did to sky when they came out, and sky has been around since the start of UK satelete TV, sky had to play a monopoly card by refusing to allow virgin show sky sports anymore, if sky didnt do that, they would have been gone by now,
in 10yrs there would be no HITV but there would be DSTV. if we want to have our own companies at least we should have good once that would be able to compete with in foreign companies, When spending my money i look for the best quality and i dont care who offers it even if its osama bin laddin,
you guys can down DSTV but there the best for now, follow your HIV-TV and you might just get HIV, lol
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by fastmoney(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2008
HIV-TV dont even know who has paid and has not paid, after paying you got to go to dey office and proof you paid, lol why dont you just pay at the office then? cos you still need to go there anyway, i shall put my money with the south africans.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2008
hi fastmoney,we know dstv has been in nigeria for over 15years now.u called virgin media,in the uk,they have access to has many funds has they need.but here in nigeria,how many of ur banks lend out good money.we all know hitv needs to improve,but they are just 1years with over 80,000 sub.they need time,they are not in business to pls now to to last for many years.what i can tell u is,over the next 2months u can be hearing big time from hitv.so, watch out.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
@all,

Is anyone also having problem with Hitv signal, mine has been off since morning.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2008
hi,pls check ur dish.are u on cable or satellite.because both hitv's cable and satellite platform are up and running.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by rjhatl(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2008
What's Hitv's technology? Their website mentions that they use satellite and terrestrial broadcasts- are they using MMDS or something similar on the ground, or is it all satellite?

Just curious,
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 14, 2008
@Urfriend,

Hi, I checked and realised that it possible my sub has expired, since am the only guy experiencing such. Just to cross-check, which of the messages "Scrambled Channel" or "No Access" is meant for expired subscription?. Am using the the branded decoder.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by yanmon(f): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2008
plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss somebody help me out, i really do need a job, i'm a graduate of Elect/Elect Engr. even if it's not in my field, i need something challenging, life can be boring without challenge. Pls help.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
Hi yanmon
Let me have your email address, can't promise anything very soon but will keep you on file.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2008
ilugunboy Hi, I checked and realised that it possible my sub has expired, since am the only guy experiencing such. Just to cross-check, which of the messages "Scrambled Channel" or "No Access" is meant for expired subscription?. Am using the the branded decoder.
[quote][/quote]

hi ilugunboy,check ur documents maybe ur sub. has expired.if not go to thier office to lay ur complains.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2008
What's Hitv's technology? Their website mentions that they use satellite and terrestrial broadcasts- are they using MMDS or something similar on the ground, or is it all satellite?

Just curious,

[quote][/quote]

hi rjhatl,hitv uses mmds technology for it's dtt/cable transmission in lagos,while the dth/satellite transmissions covers nigeria,west africa and central africa via eutelsat w4,36 degrees east.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
Hi yanmon
Let me have your email address, can't promise anything very soon but will keep you on file.
[quote][/quote]

hi senga,am also looking for a job in the paytv/satellite tv area,can u link me?.do reply.or mail asuquoeton@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good / Profile Of Beauty, BBNaija Season 7 Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.