Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735981 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
Juwohn:

possible suggestion on flight choice plsssss.... cost consideration n safety
consider Safety?are u saying some airlines /flight not safe?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
samtol4:
consider Safety?are u saying some airlines /flight not safe?

not really in dat manner.... talking abt Check In, checkOut, stops n d likes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
and plsssss last time wen I was trying to book SA airline... twas $1059 I saw and I just checked back this afternoon onli to find out it has dropped to roughly 450USD... Culd it be done earlier quote was error or is that hw prices drop... wondering if I should take advantage n book in advance now or chill small
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Juwohn:
and plsssss last time wen I was trying to book SA airline... twas $1059 I saw and I just checked back this afternoon onli to find out it has dropped to roughly 450USD... Culd it be done earlier quote was error or is that hw prices drop... wondering if I should take advantage n book in advance now or chill small
For your own good, u better book it now cos it might revert back to $1059 or more. Best time to buy ticket is midnight/early hours of the morning. Keep searching til u get cheap ones. This process could take weeks so be prepared.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
The requirements do not really differ. Just provide d basic documents viz a viz: Duly completed visa application form, hotel booking, flight reservation, yellow card, bank statement, letter of introduction, copy of previous visas e.t.c. Pay d visa fee and submit. The fact that you spent six days wiuld even work in your favour and not against you. All the best
uzhi:
Hello guys, kindly help me on this, I travelled to SA last year june from Nigeria and stayed there for just 6days b4 I returned to Nigeria. Even though my visa was 1year multiple entry. I applied for d visa in Ghana with my ghana residence permit. Now I want to apply again from Nigeria, do I need to apply normally or there is a diff way to go by it ?
My old visa expired last August. Hope they wont complain that I didnt spend more than 6days in their country ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhi(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
@ yinksob002, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 10:21am On Feb 13, 2015
I was offered admission to wits university on 28th Jan. I manged to finally submit my study visa application yesterday 12th feb. Lectures are starting on 16th febuary. The embassy gave me 6th march to come back. Please is there any hope that I can get the visa earlier than the embassy date? Because am on the verge of losing the admission of I arrive too late.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2015
Where did yu submit Bro? Guess it's Abuja for it to be dat long

tweb1:
I was offered admission to wits university on 28th Jan. I manged to finally submit my study visa application yesterday 12th feb. Lectures are starting on 16th febuary. The embassy gave me 6th march to come back. Please is there any hope that I can get the visa earlier than the embassy date? Because am on the verge of losing the admission of I arrive too late.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2015
Juwohn:

It is Lagos dat gave 6th of march. Study permit application has bn closed at Abuja..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2015
bisi16:

It is Lagos dat gave 6th of march. Study permit application has bn closed at Abuja..

Yea..... Yeah...was told same thing this Monday.. You're going to Wits as well?? or yu guys applied togeda??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Juwohn:

Yea..... Yeah...was told same thing this Monday.. You're going to Wits as well?? or yu guys applied togeda??
No.. we applied together
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
tweb1:
Once you got admission on 28th you should submitted your application earlier .However contact your school international office /postgraduate officer to seek for any assistance irrespective of your situation ,nevertheless it is not automatic that there will be positive response .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
Am currently at wits for my masters. Which programme are u coming in for? However, am surprised that d admission came late and getting d study visa will obviously take some time. Try and e-mail your postgraduate officer or better still, your faculty officer and explain d situation of things to them. All d best
samtol4:
Once you got admission on 28th you should submitted your application earlier .However contact your school international office /postgraduate officer to seek for any assistance irrespective of your situation ,nevertheless it is not automatic that there will be positive response .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
Juwohn:

I submited at Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
yinksob002:
Am currently at wits for my masters. Which programme are u coming in for? However, am surprised that d admission came late and getting d study visa will obviously take some time. Try and e-mail your postgraduate officer or better still, your faculty officer and explain d situation of things to them. All d best
I am coming for Hons program. I have talked with the course administrator before now. And he was saying he was sorry it came late and he suggesting that I reapply for 2016 or take some other courses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 6:59am On Feb 14, 2015
tweb1:

I am coming for Hons program. I have talked with the course administrator before now. And he was saying he was sorry it came late and he suggesting that I reapply for 2016 or take some other courses.

wah course is that... Yu may liase with your facility officer...try n explain things...they should be able to extend late registration for you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2015
Juwohn:

wah course is that... Yu may liase with your facility officer...try n explain things...they should be able to extend late registration for you

The course is geophysics. I talked with them and they are saying I will not be able to cope after I might have missed some lectures and practicals.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
tweb1:

The course is geophysics. I talked with them and they are saying I will not be able to cope after I might have missed some lectures and practicals.

that's serious and they don't accept intake in July??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
Juwohn:

that's serious and they don't accept intake in July??

They don''t.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Good day,

Any wits or uj student looking for accommodation!!!
I want to share my apartment at Broadway building opposite wits university.
Email me dotun44king@yahoo.com.
Space is available from March 2015.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Guys please help a brotha out with answers to my enquiries nah..e don tey small abeg cry

Hello all, please for a married person that wants to apply for a Critical Skills Visa, is it compulsory that the accompanying spouse (d wife in this instance) submits her application for spousal/dependant visa at the same time?

If no, is it advisable she does so or does filing for it after the husband might have received his work permit (and/or emigrated to SA) diminish her chances of being granted the visa? Thanks in advance for your kind responses[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
I just sent you a mail.
iyiolami:
Good day,

Any wits or uj student looking for accommodation!!!
I want to share my apartment at Broadway building opposite wits university.
Email me dotun44king@yahoo.com.
Space is available from March 2015.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 9:44am On Feb 16, 2015
Hello All, please does has idea, if it is possible for someone to forward is school result I.e O'level or A'level result to SAQA in south Africa for result evaluation before Applying to schools overthere or it is after the person had applied to the school that he/she can then send the result to SAQA for evaluation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 11:30am On Feb 16, 2015
Hello All, please does anyone have an idea, if it is possible for someone to forward is school result I.e O'level or A'level result to SAQA in south Africa for result evaluation before Applying to schools over there or it is after the person had applied to the school that he/she can then send the result to SAQA for evaluation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
pyr8te:
Guys please help a brotha out with answers to my enquiries nah..e don tey small abeg cry

Hello all, please for a married person that wants to apply for a Critical Skills Visa, is it compulsory that the accompanying spouse (d wife in this instance) submits her application for spousal/dependant visa at the same time?

If no, is it advisable she does so or does filing for it after the husband might have received his work permit (and/or emigrated to SA) diminish her chances of being granted the visa? Thanks in advance for your kind responses
You must have your critical work permit ist before your wife apply for accompany visa,however there is still possibility that your application MAY be rejected because work permit is not evidence of you being employed .They want to see how you will sustain your wife (accompany visa applicant).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
drealsheggs:
Hello All, please does anyone have an idea, if it is possible for someone to forward is school result I.e O'level or A'level result to SAQA in south Africa for result evaluation before Applying to schools over there or it is after the person had applied to the school that he/she can then send the result to SAQA for evaluation?
for undergraduate you apply for HESA not saqa ,some schools give admission before HESA evaluation process is completed (University of Capetown and Monash university ).They also facilitate the evaluation process meaning that you can get admission to these schools without HESA but they give 1year for you to get it done. However most schools demand you get your evaluation done before applying for their undergraduate courses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
@ samtol4, thanks. So which other documents is required of me to be attached to my school result , how can i go about sending the documents are the documents going to be certified before they are sent to HESA , and do you also have an idea of how much it cost to send the documents down to SA? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
samtol4:
You must have your critical work permit ist before your wife apply for accompany visa,however there is still possibility that your application MAY be rejected because work permit is not evidence of you being employed .They want to see how you will sustain your wife (accompany visa applicant).

Ok. Seen boss. The idea actually is to have her apply after I'm settled in the Republic (Work secured et al). Read somewhere that both had to go d same time hence y i needed d clarification. Thanks a lot boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 8:16am On Feb 17, 2015
@ manikky, please can you help me inquire from your friend's sister who is going for nursing program in SA on how she went about with her admission to studying nursing as I want to commence my enrollment process soonest. or maybe you can help with her contacts so that I can personally get in touch with on the infos/ guides that I needed . Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bleney: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2015
bisi16:

I applied for study visa on the 10th of feb in Abuja. Tho dey said i should check in two months time embarassed . R u guys really sure of Abuja not collecting application for study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
I got it(visa) today in just 5 working days. Thanks to nairalanders for making my convocation in unisa possible especially d ones on this thread.

pls u can as well help with d cheapest(safety 1st) airline to book n the time to book to make it more cheaper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Africankel(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.