Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727593 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by doubeais(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2015
doubeais :
Hello Nairalanders,
I need your advise.

I just got my SA short visit visa application denied for
the second time on the 18th of February. The reason they gave is "DOCUMENTATION LACKS CREDIBILITY". And I already
had 2 SA visa on my passport, the fist one I actually
went to SA in March 2014, and the second one which I
applied for in April after I came back in March 2014
was granted but I did not go until it expired in August
27, 2014.
I now applied again in October 2014 with another set of
documents from the same friend of my that gave me
the documents for the second visa application, but this
3rd application was denied "documentation lacks
credibility.
I applied again the 4th time for visitors visit on January
29th, 2015, but got denied today again for
documentation lacks credibility again.
Please what do they mean by saying documentation
lacks credibility ?
How can I get the visa the next time I apply please ?
Has anyone heard or done fast track visa application at
the SA embassy Lagos before ?
I heard that in SA embassy Lagos you must fast track
your visa application before it can be granted now, is it
true.
And I learnt that the fast tracking cost an extra 60k-
100k.
Please is this true ?
please send me advise on how to get southy visit visa
again as it seems like I don't know how to get it again,
thanks
All my 4 applications were done at Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adisa009(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Kentrasso:

I already told them when I will be coming. And they've also extended the registration deadline for me so no qualms.

As for bags, I don pack am since last week no shaking grin grin

I just pm u kindly reply
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 9:50am On Feb 22, 2015
You're sorted then. Safe travels...

Kentrasso:

I already told them when I will be coming. And they've also extended the registration deadline for me so no qualms.

As for bags, I don pack am since last week no shaking grin grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2015
And I asked you who did the visa application for you? Self or Visa agent?
[color=#770077][/color]

doubeais:
doubeais :
Hello Nairalanders,
I need your advise.

I just got my SA short visit visa application denied for
the second time on the 18th of February. The reason they gave is "DOCUMENTATION LACKS CREDIBILITY". And I already
had 2 SA visa on my passport, the fist one I actually
went to SA in March 2014, and the second one which I
applied for in April after I came back in March 2014
was granted but I did not go until it expired in August
27, 2014.
I now applied again in October 2014 with another set of
documents from the same friend of my that gave me
the documents for the second visa application, but this
3rd application was denied "documentation lacks
credibility.
I applied again the 4th time for visitors visit on January
29th, 2015, but got denied today again for
documentation lacks credibility again.
Please what do they mean by saying documentation
lacks credibility ?
How can I get the visa the next time I apply please ?
Has anyone heard or done fast track visa application at
the SA embassy Lagos before ?
I heard that in SA embassy Lagos you must fast track
your visa application before it can be granted now, is it
true.
And I learnt that the fast tracking cost an extra 60k-
100k.
Please is this true ?
please send me advise on how to get southy visit visa
again as it seems like I don't know how to get it again,
thanks
All my 4 applications were done at Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
TYPOP:

If you have the originals, addressed to SAQA, it is nice. However, certified copies will normally work. At least, that's what I used, and those I have helped as well.

Cheers.
ow do I make payment for saqa I was at the bank they said need to have domiciliary account before I pay am sure I can use my debit master card but how please if its for to go through online banking and get that there useless token once and for all and use it for futher transactions
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
olabanji88:
ow do I make payment for saqa I was at the bank they said need to have domiciliary account before I pay am sure I can use my debit master card but how please if its for to go through online banking and get that there useless token once and for all and use it for futher transactions
people of God who can help is here so contact them. They helped me and my wife when we want to pay for saqa last year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heo88(m): 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
Greetings dear wonderful, blessed and esteemed nairalanders of this life and the hereafter grin grin grin,

I would like my friend to come to South Africa on a tourist visa for 5 days. I am her sponsor and other than a valid Nigerian passport, appropriate photos etc, what else will be needed to ensure she doesn't experience rejection? I have foreign bank statements, can provide proof of ticket bookings and hotel reservations- is this enough?

Thanks in advance guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
I can assist you pay into their bank account here in SA and forward the copy of the deposit slip to you thereafter. You can send me a mail if need be.

All the best.
olabanji88:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 12:46am On Feb 23, 2015
olabanji88:

saqa doesn't v debit card platform. itz either u use ur domiciliary account or use somebodyz own. I used someoez own then b4 i open mine. To save cost, itz advisable to contact someone in sa to help u do d transaction cox banks here in nigeria charge N8k to 10k per treanfer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 7:53am On Feb 23, 2015
@yinksob002,How is generally?I'm terms of living standard, economy,weather and every other thing including their sholly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2015
@yinksob002,how is life in SA generally?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:04am On Feb 23, 2015
The living standard is okay but jobs are hard to get esp whilst studying. However, in terms of infrastructural dev., they are better than us. For students in d science & Engineering field, it is relatively easier to get a job but all depends on luck and God's favour. Their weather is okay but can be unstable at times .
cutieme:
@yinksob002,How is generally?I'm terms of living standard, economy,weather and every other thing including their sholly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2015
@yinksob002,OK.Well I studied Chemistry, with this can I get a teaching job or something?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2015
Yeah you should cos teaching is one area where hands are seriously needed in SA and a lot of nigerians teach here especially in Durban, Johannesburg. SA is a nice place to stay provided you are focused, maintain a moderate lifestyle and avoid distractions. They've got lots of tourist attractions and places where you can have fun.
cutieme:
@yinksob002,OK.Well I studied Chemistry, with this can I get a teaching job or something?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Deborah1900: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2015
hi all. Please I'm going to sa for 2 weeks . I made a reservation with an hotel for 1 week although they didn't charge me cos I offered to pay on arrival but I gave them my credit card details and they are liable to charge full payment incase of any cancellation. I have printed the statement and cancelled the reservation cos I'm staying with family amyway... my question is will immigration call to confirm ? my friends from London did the same thing although immigration didn't call to confirm but you know when it comes to nigerians immigration officers everywhere normally scrutinise us... so please if you have travelled to sa recently from Nigeria .... kindly Help me confirm if immigration officers in sa called your hotel to confirm the booking. ........ if that's the case I won't have to cancel a fresh booking but my card would be charged if there is a no show. .... the hotel is almost 110k for 1 week as I was told to book at least one week cos of immigration although I'm trying for a hotel that will charge 50% if immigration actually confirms but let me know if they usually call. .. Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhi(m): 9:34am On Feb 23, 2015
U can book gooseberry guest house at linden j'berg, since u arent going to sleep there. I used it for 6days june last year nd it cost around 21k. The hotel manager told me that she was called. Although it might not be same in all situations.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Deborah1900: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2015
thanks but that was last year, now the rates have gone up. www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=357026;label=gog235jc-hotel-XX-za-5thNavenueNgooseberryNguestNhouse-nobrand-ng-mob-L%3Aen-V%3A0CCoQFjAA-O%3Aunk-B%3Aunk-N%3AXX-S%3Abo;sid=6c2ba568622261362c74b1f3f7e3c9db;dcid=1;checkin=2015-03-02;checkout=2015-03-09;dest_id=-1240261;dest_type=city;highlighted_hotels=323760;m_pinned=1;redirected=1;source=hotel&
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2015
@yinksob002,Bro please where can one get the copies of his result certified before submitting it to any school you applied for a Msc program or so.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 10:10am On Feb 23, 2015
Deborah1900:
hi all. Please I'm going to sa for 2 weeks . I made a reservation with an hotel for 1 week although they didn't charge me cos I offered to pay on arrival but I gave them my credit card details and they are liable to charge full payment incase of any cancellation. I have printed the statement and cancelled the reservation cos I'm staying with family amyway... my question is will immigration call to confirm ? my friends from London did the same thing although immigration didn't call to confirm but you know when it comes to nigerians immigration officers everywhere normally scrutinise us... so please if you have travelled to sa recently from Nigeria .... kindly Help me confirm if immigration officers in sa called your hotel to confirm the booking. ........ if that's the case I won't have to cancel a fresh booking but my card would be charged if there is a no show. .... the hotel is almost 110k for 1 week as I was told to book at least one week cos of immigration although I'm trying for a hotel that will charge 50% if immigration actually confirms but let me know if they usually call. .. Cheers.

we r in same page bro. we r begging for answer pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
I did mine at a notary public in Igbosere, lagos island close to the high court. However, u can do it at any notary public close to your area. All d best
cutieme:
@yinksob002,Bro please where can one get the copies of his result certified before submitting it to any school you applied for a Msc program or so.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
Deborah1900:
The immigration can be unpredictable atimes .If you staying with a family get their proof of accommodation incase immigration officer on duty decide to ask where will you stay .If you cancel your reservation and immigration officer on duty call the hotel manager to verify you wil be deported instantly .SOLUTION get proof of accommodation of your family or pay 1night .Most hotel owners are lamenting that Nigerians don't use their hotels but only book(pay on arrival stuff)and never show up .It is against this background immigration department started this verification by calling hotel managers .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
samtol4:
The immigration can be unpredictable atimes .If you staying with a family get their proof of accommodation incase immigration officer on duty decide to ask where will you stay .If you cancel your reservation and immigration officer on duty call the hotel manager to verify you wil be deported instantly .SOLUTION get proof of accommodation of your family or pay 1night .Most hotel owners are lamenting that Nigerians don't use their hotels but only book(pay on arrival stuff)and never show up .It is against this background immigration department started this verification by calling hotel managers .

thank you samtol4.

but will the immigration accept 'pay on arrival stuff'? cox someone told me that hotel must be booked and paid for before they will grant your pass into s.a. Secondly, if one is spending two weeks and just pay for a night because he has where to stay. wont they think something is fishing and deport one?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
Growingboi:

thank you samtol4.

but will the immigration accept 'pay on arrival stuff'? cox someone told me that hotel must be booked and paid for before they will grant your pass into s.a. Secondly, if one is spending two weeks and just pay for a night because he has where to stay. wont they think something is fishing and deport one?
Capital NO sir .you book one night because the hotel may not b up to your standard that is execuse you give and you may change to bigger ones .They don't expect you to pay full Nights when you don't even know the quality of the hotel .I have seen instances where someone was sent back because of "pay on arrival ".However someone can be fortunate to scale through without paying hotel .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
olabanji88:
Growingboi:

we r in same page bro. we r begging for answer pls.

Answered
yinksob002:
I can assist you pay into their bank account here in SA and forward the copy of the deposit slip to you thereafter. You can send me a mail if need be.

All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
heo88:
Greetings dear wonderful, blessed and esteemed nairalanders of this life and the hereafter grin grin grin,

I would like my friend to come to South Africa on a tourist visa for 5 days. I am her sponsor and other than a valid Nigerian passport, appropriate photos etc, what else will be needed to ensure she doesn't experience rejection? I have foreign bank statements, can provide proof of ticket bookings and hotel reservations- is this enough?

Thanks in advance guys.

As long as you can articulate all these in your letter of invitation to her and provide supporting documents, yes, that is all from your side. The person now needs to get her own documents as well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
Growingboi:

thank you samtol4.

samtol4:
Capital NO sir .you book one night because the hotel may not b up to your standard that is execuse you give and you may change to bigger ones .They don't expect you to pay full Nights when you don't even know the quality of the hotel .I have seen instances where someone was sent back because of "pay on arrival ".However someone can be fortunate to scale through without paying hotel .

@Samtol4 is right. Immigration is no more a joke in SA. Tell the hotel to charge you for one night and send you a proof of payment. You can cancel as soon as you get here.

Otherwise, tell your host to write you a letter that they will host you and let them include their proof of accommodation.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
dakillmaster:

Thank you..I seriously didn't notice the error because it was a computer generated letter. The error was generalised to all the participants but it seems like it was ignored for those who went to the Abuja office and emphasised for those who went to the lagos office.
dis thing u experience also happen to me today,they called me from Abuja south african embassy dat my invitation letter is nt been signed,dat they need the one with signature,so,no cause for alarm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
tolma28:
Pls is the conference you applied for tourism related becuz i applied for a visa base on a conference and i dont think my letter was signed too. infact i just checked now the letter issued didn't even have a signing space
it need to be signed o,cos they will ask u to bring the one with a signature on it come
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukayomide(m): 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Please house I just got my admission letter last week friday from a school in SA (Vega school of brand leadership) and I was told that study permit application ends tomorrow. I'm totally confused cos I still need to pay for medical insurance, get a yellow fever card and police report... is it that no study permit application will be accepted again?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2015
bukayomide:
Please house I just got my admission letter last week friday from a school in SA (Vega school of brand leadership) and I was told that study permit application ends tomorrow. I'm totally confused cos I still need to pay for medical insurance, get a yellow fever card and police report... is it that no study permit application will be accepted again?

When they say application ends, they mean it ends for that time of the year. It will open again later in the year (about 4 months, for the second semester registration). However, some people have come here to explain how they were favoured and their applications were accepted and they got their visas even after the application cycle had ended. This is not to make you overly happy but to say if you believe in miracles, now is the time to ask God to act on your behalf and cover you with favour. Who knows, you may have a testimony for us here as well.

Meanwhile, be sure to explain that you got your admission letter a day before the application cycle ended to anyone that you talk to at the embassy.

Cheers, all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 24, 2015
Nairaland Forum

Welcome, coast2: Edit Profile / SH / FT / FB / L&S / MT /FG / FS / Trending / Recent / New Stats: 1317049 members, 1899724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 08:06 AM / Logout(all) 

Please I really need advice . I travelled to South Africa with 3 months multi entry visa , I stayed for almost 2 years but during my stay I applied for a temporary residents permit , I didn't get before returning home so overstay was stamped on my passport with fine of 3000 rand. ( even after showing them my receipt) after 2 months here in Nigeria I got a visa to Malaysia but never travelled, the next month i applied for a visa to Holland with documents from my Dutch boyfriend but it was denied. After some months I felt stranded in Nigeria so I paid an agent to get me a visa to turkey , It's over 5 months and I didn't get visa , my money nor my passport . He stopped talking to me. I have just applied for a new passport under lost case with same details in my previous passport . 1. Can I still get visa to south Africa again ? 2. Will other embassy see the travel history In my previous passport ? 3. Will the refusal I have from Holland embassy affect my applying for a schengen visa after 6 months?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukayomide(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2015
TYPOP:

When they say application ends, they mean it ends for that time of the year. It will open again later in the year (about 4 months, for the second semester registration). However, some people have come here to explain how they were favoured and their applications were accepted and they got their visas even after the application cycle had ended. This is not to make you overly happy but to say if you believe in miracles, now is the time to ask God to act on your behalf and cover you with favour. Who knows, you may have a testimony for us here as well.

Meanwhile, be sure to explain that you got your admission letter a day before the application cycle ended to anyone that you talk to at the embassy.

Cheers, all the best.

Thanks I really appreciate your comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.