Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728008 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 6:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
pyr8te:
Hello all, please for a married person that wants to apply for a Critical Skills Visa, is it compulsory that the accompanying spouse (d wife in this instance) submits her application for spousal/dependant visa at the same time?

If no, is it advisable she does so or does filing for it after the husband might have received his work permit (and/or emigrated to SA) diminish her chances of being granted the visa? Thanks in advance for your kind responses

Not compulsory, but if she is coming along then she has to submit with you for a spousal permit and attach your marriage certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
sultan003:

email your faculty secretary, they will sort it out. you won't lose your admission
.For witz it is likely he will loose or he has lost the admission already the School don't tolerate late registration but Miracle can still happen .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
samtol4:
it mean your calculation of Dollars to naira maybe wrong ,Please call their customer care center.Nothing to worry .

it is possible your calculation of dollar might be wrong, and if you can still remember I made mention about the fluctuating of dollar . so it could be that the exchange rate might have been inflated .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by doubeais(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,
I just got my SA short visit visa application denied for the second time today. The reason they gave is "DOCUMENTATION LACKS CREDIBILITY". And I already had 2 SA visa on my passport, the fist one I actually went to SA in March 2014, and the second one which I applied for in April after I came back in March 2014 was granted but I did not go until it expired in August 27, 2014.
I now applied again in October 2014 with another set of documents from the same friend of my that gave me the documents for the second visa application, but this 3rd application was denied "documentation lacks credibility.
I applied again the 4th time for visitors visit on January 29th, 2015, but got denied today again for documentation lacks credibility again.

Please what do they mean by saying documentation lacks credibility ?
How can I get the visa the next time I apply please ?
Has anyone heard or done fast track visa application at the SA embassy Lagos before ?
I heard that in SA embassy Lagos you must fast track your visa application before it can be granted now, is it true.
And I learnt that the fast tracking cost an extra 60k- 100k.
Please is this true ?
please send me advise on how to get southy visit visa again as it seems like I don't know how to get it again, thanks
All my 4 applications were done at Lagos please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
sultan003:

Not compulsory, but if she is coming along then she has to submit with you for a spousal permit and attach your marriage certificate

Thanks sultan..yes she is comming along..but not just yet..say 6 months after I'm 'settled' in d Republic. She has a job here too so I don't wanna pull her off just like dat. So I'm saying is it alright I go ahead n apply alone now (indicating of course dat I'm married), get d visa, move n settle in d republic, den she files (say 6 months afterwards) to join me.?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2015
can I apply for student permit in south Africa while I'm there on a tourist visa? I already have my admission letter, please I need help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 6:18am On Feb 20, 2015
BOWOTO:
can I apply for student permit in south Africa while I'm there on a tourist visa? I already have my admission letter, please I need help.
D earlier u come back to Naija and apply, d better. Study permit applications 'll end this month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 8:18am On Feb 20, 2015
samtol4:
.For witz it is likely he will loose or he has lost the admission already the School don't tolerate late registration but Miracle can still happen .

my friend registered late in april last year at faculty of Engineering wits.. anything can happen, wits sent his admission letter very late, so he should email the faculty secretary. if he gets there april he can still register, otherwise he has to wait till june/july to register
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 8:23am On Feb 20, 2015
pyr8te:

Thanks sultan..yes she is comming along..but not just yet..say 6 months after I'm 'settled' in d Republic. She has a job here too so I don't wanna pull her off just like dat. So I'm saying is it alright I go ahead n apply alone now (indicating of course dat I'm married), get d visa, move n settle in d republic, den she files (say 6 months afterwards) to join me.?

you can apply alone, if you indicate that you are married, you will have to submit your marriage certificate and her bio page. Take a look at the requirements, if you dont have, I can email you.

she can apply for the spousal permit anytime.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2015
I just collected my visa.

Thanks so much everyone, with you i am the best wink cheesy.

Btw Visa application for undergraduate and masters end this month. I saw it on the notice. Only doctoral students are accepted now.
Repatriation also ends on 28th.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2015
Kentrasso:
Btw Visa application for undergraduate and masters end this month. I saw it on the notice. Only doctoral students are accepted now.
Congrats. I wish u the best in your academic pursuit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2015
No, you can't. The new immigration law does not allow you to do so. You have to apply at the SA embassy in your home country. All the best
BOWOTO:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
I think Samtol4 is right cos one thing i know for a fact since i joined Wits is that they hardly joke with deadline for resumption.

As you suggested, let him still push and see if they will take him in.

sultan003:

my friend registered late in april last year at faculty of Engineering wits.. anything can happen, wits sent his admission letter very late, so he should email the faculty secretary. if he gets there april he can still register, otherwise he has to wait till june/july to register
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tariy: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
doubeais:
Hello Nairalanders,
I just got my SA short visit visa application denied for the second time today. The reason they gave is "DOCUMENTATION LACKS CREDIBILITY". And I already had 2 SA visa on my passport, the fist one I actually went to SA in March 2014, and the second one which I applied for in April after I came back in March 2014 was granted but I did not go until it expired in August 27, 2014.
I now applied again in October 2014 with another set of documents from the same friend of my that gave me the documents for the second visa application, but this 3rd application was denied "documentation lacks credibility.
I applied again the 4th time for visitors visit on January 29th, 2015, but got denied today again for documentation lacks credibility again.

Has anyone heard or done fast track visa application at the SA embassy Lagos before ?
I heard that in SA embassy Lagos you must fast track your visa application before it can be granted now, is it true.
Please is this true ?
please send me advise on how to get southy visit visa again as it seems like I don't know how to get it again, thanks
Sent u a PM
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by irisbookclub: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
@collinsfbi please send me ur e-mail addy or number, thk u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
sultan003:

you can apply alone, if you indicate that you are married, you will have to submit your marriage certificate and her bio page. Take a look at the requirements, if you dont have, I can email you.

she can apply for the spousal permit anytime.
Thanks a million boss..sent you an email..il shoot you my personal email add once you respond. .i guess that's how d system works..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dakillmaster: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2015
Hello nairalanders,
I applied for an 8 day visa to attend a conference in capetown at the lagos office,and after a 3 week processibg timea I was refused a visa because 'the conference invitation letter was not signed'..i have gotten across to the conference organisers who have resent a signed letter.
Can I resend my documents immediately(next day) for reapplication?..can I also go to the vfs centre in Abuja which I hear is apparently faster with their visa processing and will it affect my visa processing.
Any timely response will be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 1:22am On Feb 21, 2015
Congrats! Ticket sorted?

Kentrasso:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2015
yinksob002:
Congrats. I wish u the best in your academic pursuit

Thank you.

Cypha8:
Congrats! Ticket sorted?

Yes I was told to pay 1,100 to complete the payment. My confirmation ticket has been sent to me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2015
dakillmaster:
Hello nairalanders,
I applied for an 8 day visa to attend a conference in capetown at the lagos office,and after a 3 week processibg timea I was refused a visa because 'the conference invitation letter was not signed'..i have gotten across to the conference organisers who have resent a signed letter.
Can I resend my documents immediately(next day) for reapplication?..can I also go to the vfs centre in Abuja which I hear is apparently faster with their visa processing and will it affect my visa processing.
Thank you
.it is negligence on your part to submit an invitational letter without signature .However get a supporting letter from the organizers stating that the first letter issued without signature was mistake from them and the Embassy/Consular should consider your re application with signed letter .You can submit immediately since the reason for denial was based on unsigned letter not fake or questionable documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dakillmaster: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2015
samtol4:
.it is negligence on your part to submit an invitational letter without signature .However get a supporting letter from the organizers stating that the first letter issued without signature was mistake from them and the Embassy/Consular should consider your re application with signed letter .You can submit immediately since the reason for denial was based on unsigned letter not fake or questionable documents.
samtol4:
Thank you..I seriously didn't notice the error because it was a computer generated letter. The error was generalised to all the participants but it seems like it was ignored for those who went to the Abuja office and emphasised for those who went to the lagos office.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2015
Now you pack your bags grin

What's the school saying regarding late registration and your accommodation?

Kentrasso:

Thank you.

Yes I was told to pay 1,100 to complete the payment. My confirmation ticket has been sent to me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cypha8:
Now you pack your bags grin

What's the school saying regarding late registration and your accommodation?

I already told them when I will be coming. And they've also extended the registration deadline for me so no qualms.

As for bags, I don pack am since last week no shaking grin grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
I'll be back here if I got any good news. Submitted my application at Lagos VFS.

ololo12:
Hmmmm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
Who assisted you with the visa application? Self or Agent??

doubeais:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please is this true ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
pyr8te:

Thanks a million boss..sent you an email..il shoot you my personal email add once you respond. .i guess that's how d system works..

seen! replied!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tolma28(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Pls is the conference you applied for tourism related becuz i applied for a visa base on a conference and i dont think my letter was signed too. infact i just checked now the letter issued didn't even have a signing space
dakillmaster:
Hello nairalanders,
Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dakillmaster: 11:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
tolma28:
Pls is the conference you applied for tourism related becuz i applied for a visa base on a conference and i dont think my letter was signed too. infact i just checked now the letter issued didn't even have a signing space
tolma28:
The conference is a scientific conference.. I applied for a visitors visa for 8 days(the duration of the conference)..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by doubeais(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2015
@ tariy
Thanks for your reply. But what is a PM ? I don't understand what you mean by "PM" please. Kindly educate me.

@ ololo12
Thanks for your reply. I did all my visa application by myself from the 1st two visa that were granted to the last two that were denied. My friends usually sent me documents from SA.
What do you think is the meaning of documentation lacks credibility.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by doubeais(m): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2015
@ tariy
Thanks for your mail, but I did not receive the mail because I don't have access again to the email I am using on nairaland, I will have to change it to my current email.
Kindly resend your reply to me here: gmmanuellaatgmaildotcom (hope you get it correctly).
I really need your advise.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: SamUEUKZ(m), donteebalo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.